did qui gon help anakin win the podrace?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xantos Clone
Take a look at this scene:

when anakin and Sebulba are racing neck and neck....when the pods get stuck together....

check out qui gon's face and you will see him using the force to undo the problem and make sebulba crash etc....looks like he may have used the force to 'cheat' for the common good idea....

(he did the same thing with the chance cube ya know!)

Dim
Hmmm, it's possible..I don't have a TV so I can't watch it...sad ..

King Jedi
We should all put money together and buy Dim a t.v so she can watch Star Wars.smile I don't think Qui-Gon helped in the race. I think he used the race so see just how powerfull Anakin was. And don't forget that Lucas had to show Anakin as a great pilot so he wouldn't give him any help.

Dim
My birthday is coming up in December big grin ...

Jedimaster3838
Back to Qui-Gon using the Force to free Anakin (the cube), that brings a point to mind. Watto says he'll let fate decide, perhaps it wasn't Anakins fate to be freed at that time. By using using the Force Qui-Gon messed with Anakins fate/destiny. Maybe QC's strong will went where it should not have gone. That Force, why is it so confusing?

Gundark
First of all, let me apologize profusely if I offended the EvilJedi with my language, although it was not profane. I was only testing the waters with a lighthearted approach. Thank you for all the welcomes I received, it was appreciated smile As I saw ANH in '77 for the first time when I was 14 years old and saw the whole original trilogy countless times since, it would be safe to say I'm no padawan when it comes to the saga and its great to mingle here with great minds !

Back to the main point.... I also noticed the expression on Qui-Gon's face during the pod race and it seemed he did have a hand in the final outcome. If Anakin had never even FINISHED a race up until that day, it would still be unlikely that he would finish much less win. Thanks again all for letting me toss in my two cents.

Xantos Clone
ahhh...it's nice to see that other 'great minds' are sometimes thinking what I am....

If there is only one thing I have learned about GL, everything is put in the movie for a reason....the prequal movies seam to be more dense and concentrated with visual clues and dialog...it's one of those things you have to see over and over to get the true meaning or the true hint of what lucas is putting out there for us to notice or NOT notice...

it would seam that qui gon noticed that anakin could possibly lose at this point of the race when he was looking at the portable monitor and was using the force to assist a little...

Great Master Brit Hunt
I like the idea of a Jedi using his powers for his own good.

Xantos Clone
for the 'common good'....the bigger picture...if you will. justified cheating...if one has to save the galaxy from evil...sometimes one must bend the rules and cheat from time to time....

Dim
For the greater good..Qui-Gon wasn't above using the force to ensure the outcome for the greater good...

Darth Daft
Dim, how comes you can afford a PC but you can't afford a TV? Don't you want a TV? Don't you want to watch videos? Don't you want to watch STAR WARS?

theEviljedi
I was not offended at all.

Xantos Clone
Dim....is that what I was trying to say.....?

ok, sounds good....what she said....

Darth Daft
I think its okay for a Jedi to use the force to cheat, especially if lives are at stake. He was probably worried about Anakin getting hurt, so he decided to unlock the pods.

Dim
If it's the will of the Force is it really cheating?...

And yes I do want to watch SW...very badly...I MISS IT!!! *sob*

Xizor
Don't worry, I'm sure if you give him half a chance EvilJedi will buy Dim a TV.

King Jedi
I agree with that.smile

Dim
Okay...knock it off...roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Daft
I'll contribute to the charity work you lot start. Dim, in no time at all you'll be as rich as Jabba, with not one, but TEN TVs. You'll have all the Star Wars movies on tape, a massive mansion, a king-sized bed, an everlasting food supply, a swimming pool, infinite internet time, your own movie studio, a grand cruise-ship, a huge colorful couch, your own @#%$tail bar, loads of servents and whatever luxurious stuff you want.

Dim
Ooooooooooh...I'm starting to like this idea laughing out loud

Darth Daft
Damn they cut out c-o-c-k tail bar. Same thing they did when I said c-o-c-k pit.

Dim
Oh, yeah..silly huh?

Darth Daft
Yep on a chatsite I was on it automatically bleeped out the word Luke, as it has U K in it. Pretty dumb if you ask me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.