I'm having problems with that crispy pic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cornponious
I'm sure all of you have seen that crispy Anakin pic many times. I'm having a real problem with it. I really hope that is not authentic. Here's why:

If you watch the end of ROTJ, and you see Luke take Vader's mask off, you will see the face of old Anakin Skywalker. The skin on his face is NOT scarred from burns. There are plenty of battle scars, but no burn scars to speak of, certainly nothing that looks like what is depicted in the crispy pic floating around.

Now, there is a scene in ESB where one of the officers (I forget his name, but it certainly wasn't poor Ozzel) walks in on Vader in his little hyperbaric chamber while his helmet is being lowered onto him, and we see the back of his head. Clearly the back of his head is horribly scarred, most likely from the molten lava. This would lead me to believe that when Anakin falls into the lava, he is submerged up to his face, but his face is not submerged. (There is actually a major problem with the idea of someone being submerged in lava and being able to survive anyway, but I will suspend disbelief and not pursue it right now.)

This is why I hope these pics are not genuine. There is going to be a serious continuity problem when you compare the young disfigured Anakin with the old Anakin of ROTJ.

Comments?

corn

The Ones
what crispy anakin pic?

Shadowkiller
Perhaps he spent alot of time in the Backta Tanks healing those wounds rock rock rock rock

Swordfish2k0
I think corn is right there is no way those wounds could heal up that good. Unless its another inconsistency.

Shadowkiller
Honestly I think the picture is a fake, that dude don't even look like Hayden.. And there is no reason to use a stunt double for make up.
I just was being sarcastic with my backta tant comment.

Darth Jello
I heard that the guy in that pic (i hope you mean the full body one, the face makup test is definitely real) is a real burn victim being exploited. if that's true, it's terrible.

I also heard that Vader doesn't actually fall into lava (if he was engulfed in molten rock for more than 2 minutes he'd be dead), he falls on a ledge just over the lava and the heat from the rock below him together with the flames engulfing him from all sides do the real damage.

Shadowkiller
That is mesed up if that is a real burn victim and people are saying that its a Star wars pic.

Darth Jello
from what I hear it's a photo manipulation by some site, claiming the headshot is real. I don't believe it is because according to everything i've read, anakin is a quadriplegic by the time he gets burned. the other burn pic (less severe, was stolen from TF.N) looks very very real and not as grotesque.

Shadowkiller
I was under the same impression

Darth Jello
as the continuing outspoken champion of the TF.N tech commentaries, here are vader's injuries listed so as to help authenticate any so called "crispy pics"-
Acute Volcanosis of the lungs
both arms and legs severed
third degree burns over entire back and most of the front of the body
broken jaw
internal bleeding and organ damage due to a massive fall
facial scarring from heat, clone wars, and possibly a light saber
neck broken and spinal chord severed at cervical vertabrae 4 due to fall
both shoulder blades shattered
all hair follicles singed off except eyebrows and eye lashes
back of skull fractured and deformed by heat

this is NOT taken from EU, it's taken from available episode III info and stills from the lightning assault in ROJ. Lucas film added vader's implants to his skeleton.

Red Superfly
OK, look at his arm.

Crispy Anakin's arm is severed below the elbow. Um, hello? Anakins arm is severed above the elbow in Episode 2.

I'm sure everyone is aware of this by now anyway lol.

Shadowkiller
Hey Darth Jello, If i pause my VCR when Vader is being shocked by Palpatines lighning will I be able to see Vaders implants to his skelton?

schill142
yes

Shadowkiller
Thanks I am going to have to check that out tonight

Rogue Jedi
me too.

LordRevan
yea i checked it out and it was just two inches below his elbow why did George Lucas change it or he probably did not notice it.

Darth Jello
TF.N has some paused images along with some enhancements at their site, they match up with the paused VHS

Red Superfly
THIS IS WHY WE NEED THE DVDS NOW!

Shadowkiller
September is not too far away

mephistodesigns
is that analyzation of Vader's electrocution STILL being considered any sort of hard evidence? Firstly, that s**t was animated so there are all sorts of possible flaws there. Secondly, we don't know how much Lucas did or didn't have planned out. Thirdly, that was simply to show the viewer that Ani ain't walkin' away from this one (much like how Lucas said he had Maul bi-sected to show that he's down for good). There are just too many factors like effects errors and things that could affect that, not to mention the fact that the lightning is whipping all over the place so who knows what's a gap in his skeleton vs simply a gap in lightning. Its just too out there to be considered hard evidence. I'm not saying its not a possible hint as to his injuries, but I am saying thats a very small possiblity of being hard evidence, evidence that somebody with a little too much free time worked out.

Darth Jello
you can clearly see cabled and tubes and that his joints are rounded and mechanical. it's very much like looking at an X-ray where you can immediatly tell wether something is metallic or not

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.