Calenlondiel's Lord Of The Rings Game "Many Meetings"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Twombly
*This is where the game actually begins you guys so go ahead and start playin!!!*

lady_yuna
Gwen ushered her horse into the small shire and breathed in the fresh air. Never before had she left her home and ventured so far. Never.

Darth Revan
((err... The title kind of implies you already have a plot in mind... So what is everybody supposed to be doing))

XornonJay
Dagaron reared his horse to s stop and scanned the beautiful scenery. He was still curious as to why he was here.
OOC: why are we here? or will we deside that as we go? and where exactly are we?

Twombly
(Ooc. we can come up with a plot as we go along... anyone have anything in mind??? We can be at Rivendell... easier...)
Calenlondiel rode her grey horse over the bridge and into a courtyard area, jumping off looking around for someone to tell her where she could stable her steed.

lady_yuna
Gwen followed her and stopped her horse in the courtyard also.

Twombly
Calenlondiel turned to her... Greetings and where are you coming from? I come from Mirkwood and my kin send well wishes to any other elves I may encounter. I wonder where we're supposed to stable our horses... she looked around.

Darth Revan
Theomer rode into Rivendell, awed at its beauty. An elf approached him and lead him to a small pasture. He climbed off Dairaizor (his horse) and walked around, somewhat lost, resting his hand on the pommel of his sword. Before long, he came upon Gwen and Calenlondiel. He had been looking around and nearly ran into them. "Oh, excuse me, I didn't see you," Theomer said, nodding respectfully to them.

XornonJay
Dagaron walked over to Gwen, Calenlondiel, and Theomer, bowing to the costum elvish bow, and then shook Theomer's hand. "Greetings to you all. Have any of you figured out why we are here?"

lady_yuna
"I'm Gwenivere from the high elf lands and I'm on a quest to explore most of Middle Earth," Gwen said with a smile.

Darth Revan
"I am Theomer of Rohan," Theomer started, "though I have not seen my homeland for nearly five years now."

XornonJay
"Nice to meet you. I am Dagaron with no real place to call home."

lady_yuna
"Nice to meet you," said Gwen as she did a high elf curtsy.

Twombly
Nice to meet you all Calen smiled I'm from Mirkwood and am a Sindar elf, she curtsied as well.

Tela
Tela stepped out of the shadows. She looked at the company. Were these the people she were too meet? Her blue eyes bore into one then moved to the next.

XornonJay
Dagaron looked at Tela and bowed once again in elvish fashion. He watched her eyes, darting to an from the beings in the group. He would make sure not to rub her the wrong way, she didn't look like the person to trust someone, but he would try to gain it.

Tela
Tela looked confused by Dagaron's courtesy but bowed respectively to him. She lowered her eyes. Her black cloak swished slightly in the wind.

Darth Revan
Theomer nodded politely to the newcomer. "Where is this.... Meeting, exactly?"

XornonJay
Dagaron pulled his dark green cloak tighter around him, feeling to exposed, even though he had nothing to fear in Rivendell. He let someone else lead. He wanted to just watch now, see where everyone stood in the group, and to see their stregths. He would want to know them if he had to work with them.

lady_yuna
Gwen followed behind the other elf her blue colak swishing in the wind.

Darth Revan
Theomer kept a careful eye on Dagaron, not entirely trusting him. His grip around the pommel of his sword tightened slightly.

Tela
Tela waited or everyone to go ahead of her. She preferred to be last. She watched the others. She was sizing them up and seeing if any were slightly trustworthy. She doubted it though. Her ears were perked for the slightest noise that would be out of place. She pulled her hood over her head before allowing her left hand to fall to the hilt of her sword gripping it just in case.

XornonJay
Dagaron could have cut the tension with sword. He figured he would be the first to show a sign of peace and lowered his hood, and let his cloak hang loosly at his side. His long black hair wipped in his face as he walked. The last thing they needed was no one trusting anyone. Though, he did keep his right arm relativly close to the hilt of his sword.

Tela
Tela watched Dagaron. He was definately a peace keeper even if it meant he had to make it himself. She knew the others would have to follow his suit before she dared said anything. She had already made a vow. She would only speak is someone spoke to her first. She liked haveing the element of surprise on her side.

Darth Revan
Theomer looked first at one, then the other. He was naturally distrusting of them, though by logic he knew that they must be trustworthy to have been invited to this meeting. He stepped forwards and extended a hand to Tela. "I am Theomer of Rohan."

Tela
Tela looked at his hand. She reluctantly she shook it. "I am Tela of the Anuylen." she didn't mention she was the only one alive. For a female her grip was strong. As quickly as she had gripped his hand she withdrew her hand. She bowed her head respectively.

XornonJay
Dagaron fell back and stood beside Tela until he could wisper without anyone hearing. "You're Anuylen?" He bowed his head lower then usual. "It is a great honor to meet you."

Tela
Tela looked at Dagaron. "Thank you, the honor is returned." she whispered back. She wasn't sure if this guy was drop on his head when he was little or if he just lost it. She expected ridicule. This was deinately different. Maybe she had underestimated this group.

XornonJay
Realizing she probably didn't want to talk anymore, Dagaron kept his mouth shut and took a step forward to let her keep her position in the back.

Tela
Tela watched as Daragon moved orward. She cursed silently in elvish as she realized she was starting to like the guy. She couldn't form any bonds. They might have to be broken. Her hand slipped from the hilt of her sword. "Maybe I should relax" she thought.

XornonJay
Dagaron walked up to Theomer and nodded. "So, where exatly are you from. You said you haven't seen you're home in some time."

Darth Revan
"I left it when I was but sixteen years old. I was restless, I wanted adventure. Since then I have been wandering around, not doing much of anything. I have returned several times, though I have not for nearly a decade seen any of my family--except for my brother, that is."

XornonJay
"At least you have family to see. Both my parents died when I was young. I was brought up by an older man, who was not only a father to me, but a mentor. But he died.....long ago."

Tela
Tela snorted. She remembered loosing everything in one day...her home, her queen, her friends, and her twin brother. It had definately taken a toll on her.

lady_yuna
"Hello tela, I'm Gwen," said Gwen as she shook hands in human custom locking one of her hands behind in her back on a dagger just in case something went wrong.

Darth Revan
"I'm... Sorry." By now they had reached the meeting place. A few men and elves were already gathered there. Sitting to their left as they entered were Arwen, and Lord Elrond himself. Theomer looked surprised when he saw Elrond. He knelt on one knee and bowed his head deeply to the elven lord.

((I don't know why we're here though...))

XornonJay
Dagaron quickly bowed, showing respect and then stood, waiting for directions.

Tela
Tela walked beore Elrond. She dropped Elogantly to one knee and bowed her head. She greatly respected Elrond. He had overcfome great odds and accomplished many things.

Darth Revan
Theomer stood, just having fully grasped his surroundings. He was in an elf haven. He had been to many places in his travels, but never to such a place. As he stood, he noticed Arwen. "M'lady," he said after a pause.

Tela
Finally, Tela rose, her eyes still did not meet the elf lord's. She joined the company but remained in the back. Her left haand was again fingering the hilt ready to unsheath if it were necessary.

XornonJay
Dagaron have been here only once, but never in the presence of Elrond. It was indeed an aweing experiance. He nodded his acknowledgment to the men already sitting, and bowed his head to the elves. This was going to be some meeting indeed.

lady_yuna
Arwen and Gwen, her sister, bowed to eachother before she came upon Elrond who just nodded with his eyes elsewhere.

Tela
Tela thought surely they were to sit too. she walked over to an empty chair that was furthest away from the men and sat in.

XornonJay
Dagaron followed Tela's suit, and sat a few chair away from her, but still far away away from the rest of the group. He wants to watch them for a while before any else. He let his hand rest casually on the hilt of his sword. It was habit now, to always be alert and ready for a fight.

Tela
Tela fingered a hidden dagger. She watched looked straight ahead although her ears were pricked listening to the converstaion being exchange between the men.

XornonJay
Dagaron quietly watched the men and elves, noteing the different conversations, and friendships. He waited quietly to get a answer to the silnet question that was burning on the groups mind. Why are we here?

Darth Revan
Theomer saw that they both had their hands on their weapons, and he did the same.

Tela
A elf walked p to Tela and attempted to to talk to her while sitting beside her. Tela just listened.

XornonJay
Dagaron rested his head on his hand, closing his eyes, and soaking in the atmosphere of Rivendell. It was a beautiful place. To other, he probably appeared to be asleep, but his other hand was carefully placed against a small knife in his belt, and his ears were still tuned in on the different conversations.

Darth Revan
A man about his age sat down next to Theomer. "Good morning. I am Farathor of Gondor. It's a relief to see at least one other man here, with all the elves around."

"Good morning."

Tela
Tela glared at Farathor. She bit back a rettort to his comment.

XornonJay
Joined Tela in her glare. He hated the men that dishonored the elves liek that. After all they had doen for the human race.

Tela
Tela broke her glare to glance at Daragon. Seeing he felt the same way, she went over and sat beside Farathor. She whispered. "I'm sorry to e rude but you might want to keep comments like that to yourself or rephrase them." with that said, she got up and went back to her original seat.

lady_yuna
Gwen stirred uncomfortable when he said that and brought her dagger closer to her grip.

XornonJay
Dagaron smiled. He was slowly begining to like Tela. He watch for the man reaction, but when he just stared at her, dumb founded, it took every ounce of consentration not to laugh.

Tela
Tela smirked. She clearly enjoyed that. She hadn't done anything like that in so long, she had forgotten how good it felt.

Darth Revan
The man gave Tela an angry look. "I don't think she likes you very much," Theomer whispered to him jokingly.

"Typical elf," Farathor hissed. "Think they're somehow better than us. I promise you, I am just as fierce a warrior as any one of the immortals here." Theomer sighed impatiently.

((so what the hell is this meeting about...? Anybody know?))

Tela
Tela smiled at Theomer. It disappeared quickly though.

XornonJay
Dagaron looked over at the man and shook his head. "Its because of these immortals that our race is still in existence." He narrowed his sharp steel blue eyes at the man, showing he was not joking with his next sentence. "And you will show respect to them as long as you are with in ear shot of me. Do I make my self clear young one?"

Tela
Tela stiffled a laugh. She leaned forward but then turned to her left away from the others. She peered into the woods just wanting to walk through them.

(((No, but I wish I did because its getting hostile. Bad, Tela, Bad! wink )))

Darth Revan
Farathor stood up. "Young one, eh? I am a commander in the Gondorian army, if you must know! I would hold your tongue if I were you, ungrateful wretch!"

Tela
Tela stood in between the two and face Farathor. "Well listen. You maybe gondorian commander but I am Anuylen commander. You need to cool off before you start something you wish you hadn't" she cautioned.

Darth Revan
Theomer stood up and separated the two. Facing Farathor, he hissed something to his face that DR is too lazy to come up with. The Gondorian sat down resentfully.

Tela
eraing the Anuylen mentioned most of the race of men gasped and his there shocked and horrified faces. Tela smirked. "Thank you." She told Theomer.

Darth Revan
Theomer nodded in her direction and sat back down.

lady_yuna
Gwen relaxed a bit and got up sitting next to Tela. "It is good of you to stand up for us elves. Did you really know the Anylunens?"

Tela
Tela followed suit. She knew faramer would e her rival through this whole thing.

XornonJay
Dagaron had not moved out of his seat. Commander or not, the man had no idea what Dagaron could do. The 65 (i changed my age, but was to late to edit my post when i wrote it) year old Dunadain had seen alot of battle, and could not only out smart the young man, but out fight him too. But he would keep his age, and his race to himself. He nodded to Tela, silently thanking her for standing with him. Then turned to Theomer and did the same.

lady_yuna
"But excuse me but did you really know the Anylunens?" asked Gwen amazed.

Tela
Tela looked at Gwen. "I am one of them and yes I did know them." she replied. "Why?"

lady_yuna
"They were very neat people and I met many on other travels from my homeland," said Gwen.

Tela
"They're all dead now. I am the last." Tela said cooly. She glanced about.

lady_yuna
"that's horribel," said Gwen. "They were the only people who really were the kindest I ever met."

Darth Revan
Theomer was listening to their conversation. His mind jumped to the Shire and the Hobbits. He knew he didn't belong there, but he had somehow come to think of it as his home. He longed suddenly to be back there.

Tela
Tela arched an eyebrow. "The Anuylen were not kind, Miss. They killed and defended the home. We did nothing that was kind to other races besides get hired to kill a mark." Her harsh words cut through what little hapiness there was.

lady_yuna
"They were nice to me at least," said Gwen as she looked at her.

Tela
"Maybe you had something they wanted." Tela said. She was definately an instigator and this somewhat amused Elrond. She could get people riled up over nothing.

lady_yuna
"Nope," said Gwen.

Darth Revan
Theomer chuckled at the two. "I had an 'encounter' with some Anuylen once. They nearly killed me."

Tela
Tela looked at him and smiled. "And why was that? You must have done something or looked at them wrong perhaps?" she joked.

lady_yuna
Gwen laughed softly.

Darth Revan
"I was just passing through a woodland on my horse... I thought they were Noldor, or Sindar perhaps. I was hungry, asked if they had any food to spare. They tried to shoot me."

Tela
Tela sighed. Gwen was getting on her nerves.

lady_yuna
"Sorry for the stupid laugh. I'm too mad at the other elves for teaching me to be refined. As if I could ever be that. But I do it to impress them not me. From now I'll be myself," she said as she dropped her shoulders in a shrug.

Tela
Tela sighed. "Whatever.." she said as she stood to straighten her tunic.

Darth Revan
Theomer pulled out his hunting dagger and twirled it around his fingers, bored.

lady_yuna
"Fine," said Gwen as she pulled out her dagger and put it back into the sheath with skilled practice to train for fights against evil.

XornonJay
Dagaron was amused at the conversation. No one seemed to know who exatly the Anuylen were. He knew, and he respected them. They may have done somethings that were considered evil by others, but it was always for a reason.

Tela
Tela shook her head. She would never show her waepons. The only one visible was her sword and bow.

lady_yuna
"What's wrong with everyone you seem edgy?" asked Arwen.
*Can I control her to?

Darth Revan
((yeah she's pretty much an NPC))

Tela
Tela looked at Arwen. "Much evil has separated the races. I am sure Lord Elrond has told you."

lady_yuna
"Barely says a word to me," she said.

Tela
Tela frowned. "It is hard to explain."

lady_yuna
"Elrond is sometimes secretive," she said. "Even to his daughter."

Darth Revan
Theomer looked oddly at Arwen, wondering what had come over her. He had seen her before, but never like this.

Tela
"At least it is sometimes and not all the time"

lady_yuna
"Your right," she said with a weak smile.
*Can I be in control of Arwen instead of Gwen? Nobody else seems interested in being her. By control I mean the whole time.

Tela
*I don't see why not

Tela sighed. "I am sure he has good reason."

Darth Revan
((sure but not instead of your character...))

lady_yuna
*Then both then I think.
"He has reasons for evrything," Arwen longed for the woods where they're was quiet.

Tela
Tela smiled. "Don't we all." she said.

lady_yuna
"I don't understand him though," she said as Gwen raised her eyebrow and she raised hers too.

Darth Revan
((guys... Elrond is sitting right there...))

Tela
Tela laughed. "And I do not understand you two. Lord Elrond is wise and we should trust his judgement. If he doesn't think you should know, you shouldn't."

lady_yuna
"I don't find out anyway doesn't matter to me," said Gwen.

Darth Revan

Tela
(((Yeah but he's not in the conversation. He's observing)))

lady_yuna
*Can they be whispering so he didn't hear?

Tela
*Wouldn't do much good. Elves have sonar hearing.

lady_yuna
*mind talking?

Tela
*we'll just say they were whispering and the others' conversation were to loud for him to hear Tela's and Arwen's.

Tela sat quietly. She closed her eyes and tried to drown out everyone.

Darth Revan
Theomer struck up a conversation with a dwarf sitting next to him about dwarven steel.

lady_yuna
"It never sounds like this in other meetings," said Arwen as Gwen talked to another elf.

Tela
Tela opened her eyes. While the others were making friends, she was being quiet and withdrawn.

Elrond looked over at the Anuylen. he wished there was a way to get her to be less tense.

lady_yuna
"Do you like to attend meetings?" asked Arwen curiously.

Tela
Tela turned to Arwen. "This is the first I've been to in over a deacde. Well, that was Anuylen."

Darth Revan
The dwarf was an amiable fellow. He laughed periodically and seemed to enjoy talking. "Excuse me," Theomer said to him. He stood up and sat down next to Tela. He realized it was probably stupid, but at least if she tried to kill him, there were a lot of warriors around to stop her. "I... Didn't get much of a chance to talk to you."

Tela
Tela turned to him. "I try not too say ore than I should." she said. "Not like I have anything interesting to say."

lady_yuna
"I've atteneded one every half deacde and boringer," she said.

Darth Revan
Theomer smirked. "Smart."

Tela
Tela arched an eyebrow but asked. "Is it?"

lady_yuna
Arwen watched silently.

Darth Revan
"I'm serious. You never know who you can trust."

lady_yuna
"Yup," said Arwen.

Darth Revan
((no offense but... "yup" isn't a very elf-like word...))

lady_yuna
*the she said yes then.

Tela
Tela smiled. "Trust me. My trust is something that is almost impossible to earn."

lady_yuna
"I only trust if I can," said Arwen. "It is given if you earn mine. At least that's how I run mine."

Twombly
((sorry I haven't been on in a while guys))
Calenlondiel shook her head in agreement, you shouldn't just give your trust out to anyone at this point in time, we must be very careful about who we trust and don't trust.

Tela
Tela sighed already ored with the conversation. She just wanted to explore Rivendell and speak with Elrond. She had een in his company many times and found his stories a great delight, but no one would know.

XornonJay
Dagaron watched the different coversations going on, and nodded. He was playing the part of a Ranger well; staying isolated and watching the action. He liked it though. Most people who talked to him asked questions about his past, and that was a subject that he liked to avoid. He wrapped his cloak around him and pulled his dagger out underneithe it, fingering the elven ruins engraved on the blade.

Tela
Tela stood. she stretched and pulled out her sword. She resheathed it and started towards a trail. She hoped a walk would get rid of her edge.

Twombly
Calen caught her before she could get too far away... um excuse me Tela, but may I go with you I feel that I need to get away from everything as well

Tela
Tela turned and nodded. What harm could Calen do that Tela couldn't twart? Tela started down the path taken in the beauty of the elven realm.

Twombly
Calen walked beside her so what's it like? Being the last one of your kind? I'm sorry but i couldn't help but overhear your conversation with Arwen

Tela
"It would have been better if I didn't witness almost my entire races death. I'm slowly getting over it." Tela said.

Darth Revan
((yo Twombly... What is this meeting about...?))

Theomer got bored with waiting and went to the pasture where his horse was being kept. He climbed on his back, with no saddle or bridle. Dairazor (the horse) stood fully seventeen hands high at the withers, and had plenty of bone to support it. His coat was dark bay, almost black, except for where it lightened to a red-brown around his muzzle. In the sun, it had an odd bronze-like hue to it, though it was very faint. He was both fast and strong, capable of running for hours on end without so much as a hint of tiring.

I know that was a little weird, but I'm bored and needed something to write about.

Twombly
((what do you want the meeting to be about... do you want it to be after the LOTR or during??))
Calen gave Tela a smile, yeah that must have been hard, I'm glad to hear you're getting through it though. She pushed her blonde hair behind her ear

lady_yuna
Arwen caught up with them, "Can I come to?"

Twombly
Calen looked over to Tela... Calen then turned to face Arwen... um sure if you would like she smiled

XornonJay
((it can't be after LOTR unless we change the storyline. B/c Elrond left, remember. Its up to everyone else, though, i don't care.))
Dagaron stood from his seat and went the opposite way of the other group. He didn't take a path, just walked through the woods, taking in the scenery. He loved Rivendell, it was so peaceful, the one place he didn't have to worry about an evil being following him.

Darth Revan
((I think before LOTR... Like Ush's game yes ))

Theomer was sitting on his horse's back, letting him wander wherever he liked in the woods.

Tela
Tela quickened her pace. She stayed a few feet ahead of Arwen and Calen.

Darth Revan
Theomer's horse happened to wander onto the path where the three elves were walking. He stopped in front of Arwen and Calen, letting Tela distance herself from them. "Let her be by herself for awhile," he said to the two.

Tela
Tela was beginning to like Theomer. He would definately be a good ally and a great friend...Tela shook her head. She walked on further.

Darth Revan
"I don't believe we've met," Theomer said to Calen.

XornonJay
Slowly, Dagaron looped around in the woods, making a wide half circle, back towards the meeting place, but going slow, so he could enjoy the rest of his walk. He hated meetings like this. In the end, it only brought more strife then there already was, and caused fights.

Darth Revan
((wait... I'm going to change my last post))

Theomer headed off through the woods, letting his horse wander where he liked.

Tela
Tela was walking down a path when she ran into Daragon. Getting up she apologized without looking up. She then preceeded with dusting herself off.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>