Whats ur fav. game genre?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LeAtHerRFace
First Person Shooter, all the way for Pc.
Fighters and Racers for Home Entertainment Systems: Ps2, Xbox, Gc, etc.

mors823
I like RPG and strategy games. They're good for the mind

§pearhead
RTS (real time strategy) for PC. StarCraft for example.

For my PS2 I go for Action/Puzzle like Legacy of Kain and such.

Fallin Angel
fighting, RPG, and action

Astor Ebligis
Bump.

1. I'd say the following, in no particular order, are my favourites:

Adventure games (particularly visual novels and puzzle/exploration adventure games).

Action-adventure games (particularly those with a strong emphasis on puzzles, and survival horrors (though I cannot stand nauseating horror, in videogames or otherwise)).

Platformers (again, especially puzzle based platformers).

Art games (or games that are just very artistic - good graphics do virtually nothing for me, but beautiful visuals/audio can greatly enhance a game's quality in my eyes).

Ironically I'm not a fan of pure puzzle games at all, find them incredibly repetitive and dull, but when accompanied by an interesting narrative/game world or mixed with other genres I'm a big fan.

2. To a lesser extent, I will always have a soft spot for JRPGs (the aesthetics, turn based combat, and general style), and have always loved very story driven games.

3. Other genres that I like include strategy/tactic/management/simulation games, light gun shooters, music/rhythm games, Bioware style WRPGs and I always like it in a game when you can create or design something. Plus I think aspects of the MMO genre, such as the community and sense of scale, can really enhance your enjoyment of a game. And regardless of the genre or even quality of the game, if it's a tie-in to a franchise that I'm a big fan of, that alone is usually a big enough draw for me to want to play the game.

Arachnid1
Horror by a mile.

http://cosplayidol.otakuhouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/TVA1.jpg

-Pr-
Used to be survival horror...

Now, third person action or Western RPG.

Lek Kuen
RPG of pretty much every variety. Really love SRPGs though

Zack Fair
Hard to say. Ive had ny fair share of favorite #1 genres depending on the time of my life and their peak. When I was a kid I played everything. Then I got hardon for JRPGs during the PSX/2 era. Then played lots of shooters fron xbox until now. Fighters too(mostly sf 4) Now it seems Im playing a lot of sandbox GTesque games such as GTA V, Infamous Second Son and Watch Dogs.

Stealth and horror get a nid, but its not about the genre but some specific franchises such as MGS(GOAT) and old school RE.

Impediment
Survival horror, sandbox action (Arkham games, Infamous), and adventure.

Estacado
Sandbox and rpg.

I like it when they involve super natural stuff like super powers ,magic...etc.

-Pr-
I thought sandbox was covered under 3rd person, but if not, then that too.

Nephthys
RPG.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by -Pr-
I thought sandbox was covered under 3rd person, but if not, then that too. 3rd person is too generic to just plug every 3rd person camera into it imo. You have your action hack and slash games like Devil May Cry and God of War. You have 3rd person shooters like Gears of War and Uncharted. You have your GTAesque games. Superhero games like Spidey and Infamous. Survival Horror games, Etc. Etc.

Tzeentch
Shooters. First-person shooters primarily, though Gears of War and Mass Effect both hold special places in my heart.

NemeBro
Gay.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Zack Fair
3rd person is too generic to just plug every 3rd person camera into it imo. You have your action hack and slash games like Devil May Cry and God of War. You have 3rd person shooters like Gears of War and Uncharted. You have your GTAesque games. Superhero games like Spidey and Infamous. Survival Horror games, Etc. Etc.

I guess, yeah. I'd be sandbox > 3rd person then.

Tzeentch
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/blaxican_templar/1400402749677_zpsa8247aa8.gif~original

Yamcha
JRPG's and Fighters for me

Stoic
Whatever genre Skyrim or Tenchu Z, and games like those two are, is the genre that I most like. I'm also into strategy games like Culdcept, Magic, Yugioh, X-Com.

-Pr-
I used to love RTS, but I haven't had a chance to play a really good one in a while.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Stoic
Whatever genre Skyrim or Tenchu Z, and games like those two are, is the genre that I most like. I'm also into strategy games like Culdcept, Magic, Yugioh, X-Com. id call Skyrim and action RPG.

Dude111
Thats stuff like what we had in the 80s right? (Ms. Pacman,etc)

I love that also!!

Stealth Moose
Horror genre done right. Also, zombies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.