Wolverine Vs Venom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Thee_superman
Who would win this bathroon brawl?

LeAtHerRFace
Man... this is a great match... but I think Wolverine would pull it off. Both of them kick @$$. And they are both REALLY cool.

VENOMfan
history shows Venom to usually out last wolvie, yes wolverine has his regeneration but Venom's treshold for pain is huge. during there first fight wolvie stabbed clean threw Brock and Venom kept fighting until be knocked wolvie out. second time they met the didnt even fight..and the third time Venom has mutated into a huge version of itself and just absorbed Brock((this version of venom i dont really care for)) and wolverine cant actually hurt it on his own.

depends really wolvie has beat Venom too

Viper
Wolverine would win, but it'd be an awesome fight. What were some of the issues they've fought in? Had no idea they've met up before.

VENOMfan
here is a few

VENOMfan
and

VENOMfan
ohhh yeah this is recent

sandman26
i'm givin it to wolvie to good to be beat if ya ask me

Viper
Thanks for the pics, those look badass.

LeAtHerRFace
Man... Wolvie and Venom really beat the living $h!t out of each other.

VENOMfan
yeah, to bad tho Wolvie's fan base is enormous, and not to many know exactly what Venom can do.....Venom isnt going to do well in the poll embarrasment

Spawnie
Venomfan is right. They don't let Venom do all the things that he does in his comics. That sux. So whoever is the most popular wins. Bah BS.

The matchup is really great, both of them would have a hard time beating eachother, and again I say that circumstance would decide the winner.

Linkalicious
I'll be different. I think Venom would kick the crap outta Wolvie. It would be a truly great fight, but i think the symbiotes abilities would prove to be more than Wolvie could handle.

Eidolon
I think Venom would be able to defeat Wolvie, but it'd be a great fight.

kal-el
Hey venomfan!Isn't there a comic coming out where venom's symbiote uses Wolvie as a host?I'm sure I saw a preview to that on Marvel.com

kal-el
Hey venomfan!Isn't there a comic coming out where venom's symbiote uses Wolvie as a host?I'm sure I saw a preview to that on Marvel.com. Now that would be one tough dude!!!!!!one kickarse sonuva****!

kal-el
no idea why i did that twice.F**k this computer!!f**k it up its stupid.........USB port!!

VENOMfan
yeah my comp is a total ***** it tried to kill my KMC usership....anyhow yes the brand Venom series has Venom looking for a new host, the symbiote needs adrenalin to survive and wolvie is a smorgesboard of the stuff

kal-el
AWESOME!!

Eidolon
Wolvie with Venom's Symbiote going Berserk... you really have to feel bad for the bad guys there.

kal-el
too right. i dont know whos more murderous.Wolvie or venom!

VENOMfan
well niether of them have a problem with killing a enemy

Eidolon
Well actually Wolvie tries harder to prevent killing anyone innocent. And he tries to prevent going breserk.

VENOMfan
well its still a even fight, but the polls would never help in a match with these too, like i said before wolvie's fan base is huge, and Venom is suverly underated buy most who dont know him.
he cant shake the "big idiot who is just stronger than spidey image"

LeAtHerRFace
LoL

ctk
Venom would completely kill Wolverine, based on just a few assumptions.

a) Aside from the superfast healing, the claws, and the unbreakable bones, Wolverine is only human. Sure, tough and strong, but only human.

b) Venom is not.

There are very few ways Wolverine could bring harm to Venom, but all Venom has to do is strangle or suffocate Wolverine, and he has a great many opportunities to do so.

Plus, Venom can lift 11 tons. I don't know what kind of lifting that is, whether it's bench press or squat or power clean or what, but he is still very strong. A man with a reasonable amount of martial arts training, who is a reasonably good athlete, can put over 2,000 PSI in a kick. Assuming that venom can squat 11 tons, and assuming (generously) that a good athlete can squat 500 pounds...

11 tons is 22,000 pounds. 22,000/500 is 44. So 2,000 PSI times 44 is 88,000 PSI. 44 tons.

Do you know what happens if you are kicked with 88,000 pounds per square inch? If you are hit in the stomach, not only will your ribs break, but your insides will literally turn to jelly. That will break any bones that are even in the area.

A kick like that to the head will transfer so much shock into Wolverine's brain he will be immediately knocked unconscious, killed, or given a stroke. Into the throat, and his entire throat will be crushed, flooding his lungs with blood. Into the chest, and the rigid skeleton will absorb all the force, the vibrations causing serious damage to the diaphragm and the entire lung area. Wolverine cannot realistically hope to win.

VENOMfan
dude you rock LMAO i wish i knew math!

I thought i knew everything about Venom but knowing exactly how hard he can punch is great! LOL

Irish Wolverine
Yeah but super-strength is always treated strangley in comics. People are punched by other people who have super-strength and they don't die, when they logically should, as you stated. Wolverine has taken punches from the Hulk, who can lift over 100 tons, so I'm sure he could take some from Venom. What issues have they fought in?

VENOMfan
Well technically Wolvie could take a punch from anyone, his skeleton is unbreakable. but I never thought of Venom as a super brute its his other abilties that carry him threw. the strength is just a nice bonus.

Venom and Wolverine fought in
Marvel present Wolverine vs Venom117 threw about 125
Wolverine vs Venom
Venom:tooth and Claw((hardly a fight they worked together))
Venom:Run((this was the Venom monster, a mutated version of the symbiote with no host))

FrothByte
venomfan is right. wolverine wins on a popularity basis. objectively speaking though, i think venom wins hands down. not only is he stronger, but a lot quicker and definitely a lot more agile. you don't see wolverine leaping through buildings. besides, venom has shown that he can withstand wolvi's claws.

VENOMfan
yeah, but like I always say, any body can kick somebodys ass.
Venom would get pawned by the Shocker, and I doubt Wolverine would have ANY trouble with him. and I stress ANY cuase Shocker is a *****.

Eidolon
Na, I think Venom would find a way around shockers powers to beat him the say way he put out the human torch once (though the technique would'nt work again).

Venom could beat Wolvie fairly easily. Just imagin venom holding Wolvies arms apart (with his superior super strength) while holding Wolvies legs with thick tendrals from the symbiote. Then imagine Venom using his symbiote to go into Wolvies head and body cutting inbetween Wolvies flesh and his Adm skeleton and then scoping or sucking all of Wolvies flesh and organs off or out of Wolvies body and skeleton at once which Venom would then proceed to tear apart and pound till Wolvie was no more but a Adm covered skeleton (kinda grusome but within Venom's style).

VENOMfan
true...

ctk
Even if Venom didn't have super strength, he would still win. Think of it this way- Venom is almost like a liquid. You hit him, and he can flow away. He can lash forward.

You grab his arms, he can suck them back into his body. You even try to advance on him, and he will find the weak point of your advance and cut you open. He can cut and cut and cut until Wolverine simply cannot heal anymore.

The body cannot heal indefinitely. It requires resources, nutrients, and energy in order to replace damaged parts. All this requires food. So unless Wolverine is carrying a sandwich, a fight with Venom is not a fight he could win.

Eidolon
Well I guess you could make the argument that Wolvie asorbs molecules from the air and converts the moleculals to new material to use to patch wounds, or something to that degree regarding the fact that I've seen some comic books in which Wolvie regenerats a lot, way more tissue and such being replaced then his body would be able to carry (though I do see the logic behind your point of view).

Spider-Dan
Can Wolverine actually die? If Venom was able to pin him down and suck out his brain, would Wolvie be able to regenerate his brain?

Eidolon
I've no idea, but that's kinda the point I was trying to bring up in my "Venom scoopoing (sucking) all of Wolvie's tissue off his skeleton and then destroying it" idea.

wolverine8888
wolverine would win it be close but wolverine can take more hits. he also might be weaker the vemon in stength wich wont help venom much att all since wolverine is the best fighter out of any one in marvel or dc. oh and he also has taken on people much stronger then venom like the hulk. also he has taken beaten from the hulk abd go right back up. even in venom on the run he was incerated and was up and full heal in under a minut. also his claws just easly go through venom so in the end venom would lose but venom woudl put up a fight but he would surly lose.

Eidolon
I think you overestimate Wolvie too much. Venom isn't just stronger than Wolvie, but you could argue he's more agile too. Additionally with Venom's ablility to thrash tendrils around he could easily grab and hold Wolvie or slow him down with webbing and then grab him (yes I know Wolvie could cut through the webbing and possibly Venom's suit but it would still take time + Venom could hold Wolvie's claws away from cutting the webbing and such).

Venom can also camoflague himself so he can't be seen. Wolvie would be able to smell him of course, but what if Venom only camoflagued part of his suit, so when Wolvie is looking at Venom an invisible tendril sneaks up quickly and quietly from behind to grab and hold Wolvie for a pounding. And then of course there is the whole Venom scooping Wolvie's tissue and ogrgans off of his Adm Skeleton and then smashinkg his tissue to nothing.

FrothByte
Man where'd you get this info? I could state a lot of other characters from both marvel or dc who are better trained fighters than wolverine.

wolverine8888
it stated in the dam comic and in the book about marvle smart guy it say wolverien is the best at what he does and what he does is fight this is stated in the x-men guide and in tons of comic also vemon and wolverine have fought in the past and all venom mage to do was punch wolverine wolverien slash the crap out of venom and also wolverine has faster punchs then venom maby and faster then spiderman cuz spiderman him self stated that wolverine was the fast person he ever fought. aslo venom wouldent have time to suck woverine dry I never even seen venom suck any one and dident u listen to me I told u they ahve encegrated woverine in venom on the run and he was fully healed in seconds. serouly show use some comci stuff to prove ur piont dam it

wolverine8888
iname some one that a beter fighter then wolverine dotn bother sayign batman or captain they already said wolverine a hole league above them

VENOMfan
Bumping this to prove a point.

SuperDarryl
Now this is an awesome fight.This is well balanced it can go either way. Venom isn't a superior of Wolverine. And Wolverine isn't a master of Venom. Thank God people have finally posted a fight that Wolverine may be able to win instead of Wolverine vs. f**** Living Tribunal. Anyway though, Wolverine has a great healing factor, adamantium claws and skelton, good agility and great fighting expierence, hard to tell. Venom on the other hand has an awesome costume, super-human strength (Spiderman on Steroids), and plenty of fighting expierence, and doesn't have a glass jaw, so I'd have to say Venom in the long run. Wolverine would put up a great fight slashin away, but Venom is a little stronger, faster, more equiped, and just all around better.

norrin radd

Wynndar
although i agree that wolvie would win just bases on popularity...i think alien costume spiderman, who kicked firelords ass, would trash wolverine

wolverine8888
over a hundred years of fighting he is stated in x-men ultimate quide he is the best fighter. he also has mroe training back round then any other guy. here a sight that show u that captain isent even on the same level in fighting skill as wolverine. www.marvel.com oh and I would give this fight to wolverine.

wolverine8888
how the hell did i get ont his post shit I ment to send that to another post any ways since I messed up i still go with wolverine on this one

VENOMfan
ok so lets say Wolverine has a chance. please elaborate on how he could beat Venom.

fighting ability alone isnt much to handle. Carnage is infinitly more dangerous than Wolverine in hand to hand combat and Venom can at least Stalemate Carnage long enuf to divise a plan. note i didnt say beat him in a straight up fight becuase Carnage would rather immenetly beat Venom

wolverine8888
I think wolverine would win he just keep slashing away at venom and he sooner or later take the win. hey has spiderman ever beaten venom

wolverine8888
I can't rember I rember venom beating him but I can't rember spider man beating venom

wolverine8888
wolverine is a enchance human rember

VENOMfan
ok well heres what i think happens.

right when Wolvie does his snitk thing, Venom punches him in the teeth and strangels him while wolvie is choking on blood.
Venom is plenty stong and fast to do this easily.

in a straight Brawl Spidey has never beat Venom only Spiderman 2099 can do that

wolverine8888
ok the stronger venom hti wolverine from behind 3 times tand wolverine wasent ready for it but still when the wolverien got up and they fought wolverine was clearly clawing the shit out of venom. so choking on blood sound mighty stupid come on dude u gotta be joking. if any thing this fight would be long but from what I have seen in venom vs wolverine fights wolverine seem to be the one nailling venom

wolverine8888
hit not tand I ment and

VENOMfan
Venom: run was not VENOM this is plain and simple. it is a brainless monster than does not care if it gets hurt. I dont recall Wolverine hurting the monster Venom once. were as Venom was toying with Wolverine.

"OOOO look at you scary" and "your just a little man with sharp little claws"
does not sound like Wolverine is making much of a offence to me.

Marvel presents Wolverine #117 had the real Venom and Wolverine go at it. Wolverine stabbed Venom. he got his one clean hit. and then Venom kept fighting until Wolverine went down.

Wynndar
damn that pic doesnt look good for wolvie...hey VF, why does spiderman 2099 have an edge against venom?

VENOMfan
not exactly sure. i think Its becuase Spiderman 2099 received his powers differntly and then could effectivley use his spidersense against Venom.

it wasnt really a beating that Venom took from Spidey 2099 but still you could see he was winning.

i think it was this.
Spiderman spidersense 15x reaction
Venom 8-12x reaction.

just a slight speed and finease advantadge

VENOMfan
here we go....

Wolverine beats Venom...
http://wolverine.x-knights.com/fullsize/wolverine76.jpg

VENOMfan
Venom dominating again
http://starverse.dwnonline.com/ryanverse2/ink/wolvievenom.JPG

VENOMfan
even
http://wolverine712.tripod.com/images/themes/wv.gif

son of a *****.....

wolverine8888
one of venom win was a dream rember so u can't count that I never saw the time were venom beat him in a non dream I read the one were wolverine beats venom thou

VENOMfan
WHEN? Wolverine has never I repeat NEVER beaten Venom. all of those fights were in a dream NEVER in reality.

Venom:tooth and Claw? no Venom and Wolverine worked together.

post the issue were Wolverine beats Venom.
and no it didnt happen In Venom:Run. Venom took Wolverine as a host in part 5 i dont see how that constitutes Wolverine the winner

wolverine8888
wait so all of the fights befor were dream dam I thought only one of them was a dream my bad so that means they have never beaten eachother

norrin radd

Wynndar
thanks i was wondering about him

kal-el
heightened vision is something cool that spiders have that spidey doesnt.

wolverine8888
spider vision l is no better then people actly i think it worse

wolverine8888
my opion thou

Arachnoidfreak
this is not a fight. the Venom symbyote would ditch Eddie Brock and latch onto the waaay more powerful Wolverine. Then this insanly powerful Wolverine/Venom mix would snack on the helpless Eddie Brock like a Twinkie.

VENOMfan
I dont think so. true Venom mythology has the Symbiote needing adrenilen to survive. Eddie "had" cancer that produced more adrenilen than normal. the Symbiote would not choose Wolverine unless the story was terribly written((hint marvel tsunami)) becuase other than Eddie Symbiote's love host's with psyionic abilities. telepaths or telekinetics in particular.
Spiderman was a exception due to his Spidersense.

and Wolverine is not more powerfull than Eddie Brock, it comptleley bonded to him giving him class 10 strength. Wolverine is in the 800lb range. but if you just mean Wolverine vs Eddie Brock then yes Wolverine would murder him.

Arachnoidfreak
Wolverine's mutant healing factors are due to mutated glands. A mutated Adrenal gland would produce more adrenaline. Mutated glands also explain all that hair...

VENOMfan
yeah Wolverine is a good substitute.

but I think Wolverine is like free taco bell.

and Eddie is like free old country buffet.

and the Hair.....Wolverine and Robin Williams must be releated some how.....

Arachnoidfreak
LMAO! yes, Robin Williams is one hairy guy..Logan's long lost brother...?

muffin man
Venom

Venom Dude No.1
It would be a close-on but in the end Venom would trash wolvie, very interesting but wolvie could kill Venom if he had a sonic gun of course but he doesn't so I think Venom takes this one. It could end like wolvie wins but I don't think so

Creshosk
Originally posted by kal-el
heightened vision is something cool that spiders have that spidey doesnt. Actually they turned it into a spidersense. . . think about how old Spiderman (the character design) is. . .

Spiders don't have a "spidersense" they have heightened vision from 8 eyes. This is what actually warns the spiders, not some innate sixth sense.

Jesse7
Imagine if the Symbiote bonded with Wolverine.

jinzin
what do you mean if?

it DID!

Marcus4600
Originally posted by LeAtHerRFace
Man... Wolvie and Venom really beat the living $h!t out of each other.

Venom considers Wolverine one of his top 3 rivals. It's like so
Spider-Man
Carnage
Wolverine

Venom wins though.

jinzin
really? he hasn't been able to yet.. and they've had three fights...

Marcus4600
It's the jobber aura! Seriously though. Wolverine shouldn't be able to beat him. It SHOULD be more like the fight with the clone.

jinzin
how's that? while venom is indeed more versatile he DOES have a MAJOR tendency to go into slugfest mode.. if that's the case then this fight ends like it has the last 3 times.. and that's not good for venom no

Marcus4600
There's one reason I don't acknowledge those fights, and it's because Venom's smarter than to take him on without his webbing. He has many huge advantages, and never uses them. Also, Venom heals faster than Wolverine, so he should win them ten time out of ten. Marvel really likes to build up the Canuk's mythos with fights he shouldn't win.

jinzin
Originally posted by Marcus4600
There's one reason I don't acknowledge those fights, and it's because Venom's smarter than to take him on without his webbing. He has many huge advantages, and never uses them. Also, Venom heals faster than Wolverine, so he should win them ten time out of ten. Marvel really likes to build up the Canuk's mythos with fights he shouldn't win.

venom has displayed that he's very crafty but he does go into slugfest mode all the time.. otherwise he's just fight in stealth mode all the time.. which he hardly ever does... when he does make use of his symbiote it's a treat cause he doesn't do it as often as some might think...

and venom's never displayed an ability to heal on wolverine's level.. wolverine can regenerate lost organs... venom can't until proven otherwise.

Marcus4600
The symbiote once save Anne Weying's life, and many other harsh wounds. They're all in the Venom respect thread.

braz
Venom.

jinzin
Originally posted by Marcus4600
The symbiote once save Anne Weying's life, and many other harsh wounds. They're all in the Venom respect thread.

dude I'm well aware that the symbiote has great regenerative powers.. but nothing shown yet matches those that wolverine has proven...

he was burnt to hamburger meat and was missing organs in enemy of the state.. and he healed in a couple of hours.... venom's never displayed that.

Marcus4600
I'll have too look around. I know Eddie's taken some major damage before, so it can be speculated that it's similar. However, I'll try to get some solid proof.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.