Were Luke and Leia Really the Only Hope?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DocHolliday0013
In Episode 5, ESB, it is revealed to us, that Luke and leia are the only hopes left to save the Galaxy. Now is this a true statement. It is my opinion that it is not. As we saw in Episode 2, Yoda was bad ass w/ a lightsabre. So obviously, he needs to seriously be beat by a sith in order to fulfill the Idea that Luke and Leia are the only hopes.

If Yoda isn't manhandled to the extent that he can't ever fight w/ a lightsabre again, then in episodes 4-6, he could have easily gone up and attempted to Wipe out Palpy and Vader. He could have even helped Luke. So I have heard some theories that Palpatine will be fighting yoda. No If he destroys yoda. This will be good and bad. If palpatine uses a lightsabre, i think it completely ruins the Character of sidious, who seemed to be so powerful, he needed not the use of a lightsabre. So right now to me it looks like we are at a cross roads as to ruining this moviw one way or another. What do u think?

Lyn
I'm not sure about Yoda's strength and everything...but I do agree that I'd be slightly disappointed if Palpatine used a lightsabre...

Mr.Deflok
I would rather have Sidious not use his Sabre but it looks inevitable now. Yoda could never take on both Palpatine and Vader at the same time, it's unfeasable, even with Obi-Wan at his aid. Luke had the vantage point of being Vader's son, sympathy, love and doubt were clouding Vader's mind.

finti
well Yoda was old and not too fit by EP 5, so no way he could challenge the siths.
So to answer your question yes Leia and Luke was the only hope

Red Superfly
Um yeah Luke and Leia were the only potential Jedi left.

Yoda was on his last legs, there was no way he could have put up a fight.

Ushgarak
Yes, and more to the point, only the Chseon One could defeat the Dark Lord of the Sith.

yerssot
*holds back FECKING HUGE swear after spotting that the retarded pc didn't got to post the lenghty message before it went nuts*

Shadowkiller
Why would anyone think that if Palpatine uses a saber it would ruin his character?

I think him usuing a saber would be great. I think it would only enhance his charater. Especially if he defeated Yoda in a duel. Yoda is no slouch, as we saw in Episode 2 he wa sable to defend himself against all the force powers Dooku could throw at him.So the contest had to be settled in a light saber duel. The same thing could happen if he confronted Sidious in Episode III.

Darth Revan
It wouldn't be the same Palpatine... Like people have said, he's so powerful, he can defeat a jedi without a saber. Somehow Palpatine seems more like one of the ancient Sith

It would ruin the sense of mystery and wonder that surrounds his character.

Ushgarak
Errr... I rather imagined the ancient Sith were very good with sabres, personally.

Shadowkiller
Yeah I agree with Ush on this one I dont know much about the ancient sith but i have thumbed thru some comic books about them and they had Sabers.

rudysseus
Are we saying that Luke and Leia were the only hope because they were descended from Vader? If thats the case, then obviously they would be. Every time I read another Star Wars book/comic book, another Jedi that 'escaped' the massacres climbs out of the wood work. I would think at some point, someone would've stepped up and won. It may not even have been a Jedi, it could've been another of the seemingly endless supply of force sensitives and darkside adepts that Palpatine kept around that may've gotten the job done.
as far as him using a lightsaber, I'd say its almost inevitable. who would stand up against Yoda? And why is it that the Sith always seem more capable with sabers than the JEdi? Maul beat 2, and so did Dooku.

Ushgarak
Because the Sith, as they are only two, are ALWAYS the most powerful of Force users. The Jedi have Force users that powerful AND lots of others who are less so; the Sith would enjoy success against those ones but thet still have to stay hidden as they cannot fight them all.

Yes, EU does seem to have too many purge survivors, but nvm.

Yoda and Obi-Wan knew the terms of the Prophecy were the only way in which the good guys could now win, and if anyone was going to somehow going to make it come about (although it was eventually via Anakin of course), it would be Anakin's children.

yerssot
as far as canon goes... OB1 and Yoda are the only survivors

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.