Game Character Fights Day 1: Sonic vs Mario

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LeAtHerRFace
This character dream fights will go on everyday. 2characters a day, for four days. It would be a total of 8 characters. Then at the end of 9 days you will be able to vote everyday for the rightful champion!.
I would go with Sonic myself.

Heres hes advantages:
Speed
His a damn hedgehog for Christs sakes.
Made by SeGa.
He looks way cooler.

LeAtHerRFace
Mario

Advantages and features:
His a Plumber!
He shoots fireballs out his mouth
Probably the most famous game characters of all time.

LeAtHerRFace
His the pic, sorry forgot to put it in.

LeAtHerRFace
Damn, forgot the poll. Oh nvm, Ill count the votes today. Then then from now on Im going to insert a poll with the thread.

Raventheonly
Hmm mario can use weapons and can man vehicles, sonic is probably the fastest thing alive.... hmmm hard... plus mario can grow larger.... Sonic maybe cool and in hand to hand apparently sonic can saw mario in two. very hard, i'm stumped

LeAtHerRFace
So which one do ya pick? big grin

Myth
Mario doesn't shoot fireballs from his mouth. Its from his hands.

I say Mario. All Sonic has is speed. Mario can grow, fly, shoot fire, and become completely surrounded by metal. There is no stopping him.

Lord Ryugen
Correction Sonic is capable of transforming into Super Sonic, making him capable of flight, complete invincibility, the ability to survive in a vacuum and warping through time and space. Kind of one sided huh smile
But even if Sonic can't transform he would still win, allow me to explain. You see according to the laws of physics velocity equals power, in other words the faster an object moves the more force it has. Sonic can break the sound barrier without effort. So even if Mario is metal all Sonic has to do is run past him at sonic speeds and the drag behind him would rip Mario apart. Mario and everything in a radius of about five to ten feet. So who's going to win?

Samas-adian
Yes, maybe could happen..but if we go with science as a reason..then ill say Mario
why?

Sonic is a hedgehod. Hedgegood cant go super speed. It's an animal. Mario is a human being and can pick up Sonic and use him as a pet. So Mario.

But from a videogames persepective... Mario. Sonic was created because of Mario's popularity. and now Sonic is now on a Mario console..so Mario is winner of this.

Red Superfly
This is really stupid, but I'm gonna get involved anyway........

Yeah, go with science in a debate where science has absolutely nothing to do with who would win :smile

Both characters are cartoons.

Sonic is completely the opposite of Mario in terms of design.

First of all,Sonic was DESIGNED. They made him a blue hedghog with red sneakers on purpose.

Mario, on the other hand, is a plumber with a moustache because of the limitations of the very first Donkey Kong game. You wanna know why he has a moustache? It was so that you could see his nose more clearly, because there were very few pixels and colours to go around. The reason why he wears dungarees was so you could see where his arms were. He wears a hat because it was more convincing than trying to make brown hair at the time. He is Mario because he was made to such limitations that he couldn't be anything else.

Sonic and Mario are from different worlds. Just because Sonic is the cool, fast, infinitely better abled character, doesn't mean anything because Sega were just trying to out-do a character Nintendo had. This means this fight is redundant because Sonic was designed to beat Mario and show Mario up in every way - the posts in general reflect that.

After all, Sonic and Mario haven't been themselves lately (what with their latest games being crud or dissapointing), I don't think they are in any state for a fight. If it came down to it, I'd say Mario. He'd just get Sonic doped on his Magic Mushrooms and tell him to take a leap.

Lord Ryugen
Mario can't win since he can't hit Sonic. not to mention even if Mario takes a power up all sonic has to do is hit him once to cancel it, Sonic's speed however is constant so even if the fights somehow going badly he can just zip five miles away take a breather and come back as strong as before. Sonic takes it.

SpikeSpiegel
Sonic

Linkalicious
you choose sonics punishment...

He gets whipped with a racoon tail....unconscious

or

He gets whipped with a yellow cape....unconscious

Mario wins!!

Xed
Its as simple as this, a fat plumber wit damn all half decent attacks against a sharp, fast, super powered hedgehog. I mean come on whos going to win?

Sonic obviously.

Samas-adian
Well, if he hits Sonic once and takes all the rings, he's basically dead also.

LeAtHerRFace
So far
Sonic: 4 votes
Mario: 4 votes

Lord Ryugen
Someone please explain just how Mario's going to hit Sonic when the dude dodges missiles for fun

Linkalicious
Mario jumps on oversized bullets for breakfast. The guy is quick enough to Turtle-tap....obviously he isn't that slow.

Lord Ryugen
Can Mario break the sound barrier? No
Can Mario move so fast from a standing position that he becomes a blur to the human eye? No
Does Mario have any abilites that could help him without the aid of a power-up found only in the Mushroom Kingdom? NO!!
Can Sonic do all that? YES!!
By the time Mario blinks Sonic will run over turned into a ball and gutted him. Mario doesn't have time to use his power ups, he'll be dead in roughly 100th of a second after the match starts.

Red Superfly
All true, if you watch the cutscenes and the cartoons, and not the actual gameplay.

Seeing as we judge Mario only by what he does in-game (because cutscenes are non-existent in mario games), then it's only fair we judge Sonic on what he can do in-game.

Sonic does not become a blue blur unless he enters a warp tube or something. Don't you people remember how SLOOOOW Sonic was when you were running one direction, then changed to the other, and he seemed to enter slow-mo and 'run-on-ice'. Mario is quicker off the mark for sure when it comes to running. The whole idea behind Mario is that he's this crazy super fast agile, but big fat lazy plumber.

Sonic can do the charge up thing that can make him shoot off like a pinball, but remember he has to be a) still (or he'll just do that slower roll) and b) given enough time to do so. He could do it against Robotnik easily because Robotnik never used the true power of The Fat like Mario has, and instead opted for machines.

It's not so one sided as people think after all.......

I was only kidding about Mario winning so easily and I think Sonic would win - although he doesn't deserve it because his games as of late have been rubbish!

Lord Ryugen
Hmm, I see your point, but if we want to make it fair then they should both start off with all their power-ups at their disposal.

LeAtHerRFace
Doesnt really matter about the games lol.
5-3 Sonic.

Red Superfly
You are right, lets not judge by the games at all.

Therefore - Mario wins beause he uses his lightsaber to cut up Sonic into little pieces then he uses the moonlight to turn into a werewolf and destroys all of Mobius. There. Good logic.

§pearhead
You guys remember Super Mario 3, the power up that let him turn into a rock-hard statue? Imagine going 800+ mph into something as solid as a brick wall--Ow.

My votes for mario cool

VengeanceGOD
One rescues a hot princess. The other rescues little balls of fluff.

My vote to Mario.

LeAtHerRFace
Looks like Marios winning now.

Lord Ryugen
Sonic would shater the rock moving at that speed. Of course unless he has some kind of shield around his body he's screwed as well. A draw if that happens but it won't since sonic will probably gut Mario before he transforms

Red Superfly
Proof? I don't think I have ever seen Sonic move that fast - and I've played all the Sonic games (except those ones on the Mega CD and other worthless kits).

LeAtHerRFace
Damn looks like Mario wins.

End of Match.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.