console help

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dragonpisces272
i havent been much in the gaming sequence for over two years (yes, two years) and im trying to get back in. I was also so busy that I havent bought any new consoles either messed. So what do you people suggest on me buying?

Myth
X-box. Definitely X-box. They put time into their games unlike PS2 and Gamecube doesn't have much variety other than Mario games and other cartoony games.

Tex
I say you hold off for the new systems! yes

Gambit_DDR
Gamecube is good, but XBox is better...even though Gamecube has better graphics. lol

WindDancer
Well, this could turn into a BIG X-box vs. PS2 BS fight. So all I'm going to suggest to you is that you shop around and then decide which console appeals to you the most.

Gambit_DDR
Why don't you just buy PS2, Gamecube, and XBox? That's what I'd do, but I don't want an XBox...at least until DDRExtreme comes out. lol

HockeyHorror
dont get PS2
dont get X Box
dont get GameCube

get a new comp for about 300 bucks off E Bay..then you'll fu.cking own in comp games...get games like Counter STrike, StarCraft, Warcraft (my fav), Diablo, Call of Duty, Battlefield etc etc

dragonpisces272
lol hockeyhorror i do need a new computer big grin and what tex said is probably right...if i buy one now, theres gunna be a new and better one stick out tongue

coolboarder98
Look at the games you're interested in. Ig you like RPG, head for the PS2. But then there's other genres where it'll be tough to decide; there's lots of fighting games on XBox and PS2, or if you like kinda kiddie games, go for the Gamecube.
Which ever way you put it, the decision's up to you.

§pearhead
Ditto what WD said, this IS gonna become a fight. Well, I'll put in my two cents and leave.

The games make the system. Sure, you get the sports games that EA makes that go on all systems, but then you get Halo, Legacy of Kain, or SSBM that is excusively on one system. It's these one-system-only games that make buying one system over another worth it. Get the system that has the most games that appeals to you.

SaTsuJiN
yeah... get a new computer and rock pc games... console gaming is pretty slow right now.. at least in 'my' opinion it is

DracotheDragon
Gamecube, then PS2, then Xbox. Those are the order for greatest systems. Gamecube will load any game in about 15 seconds, tops. The shortest loading time I've actually timed on the Gamecube for a game on all three systems is Tony Hawk's Underground. It loads in about 5 seconds on the Gamecube. PS2's version is about 15 - 20 seconds long for the same load. I don't know about Xbox though, I won't play any THPS games on the Xbox, the controller doesn't feel right.

ElectricBugaloo
halo is on Xbox

vagaryatwill
I would say go out and get an Xbox for $149, get a few games, play them, and then wait for the new systems to be unveiled....PS3 is coming soon, right?

dragonpisces272
i think ps3 is somewhere around 2005 but dont trust me on that

Maelstrum
If you like shooters....go for xbox..but if not...get a PC...the others arent worth it

The Ones
do not get x-box, get PS2, because it has far better games than cheesy X-BOX, there always going on about there exclusive Halo, Grand theft auto IS WAY BETTER, halo has worse graphics than the hulk video game

Maelstrum
GTA is on X-Box....GTA 3 and VC!...with way better graphics....idiot

§pearhead
Was the "idiot" part really necessary?

LeAtHerRFace
Ps2

IBTonks
The PS3 and Xbox 2 are both coming out in 2005, if i were u, i'd hold on till then, else ur just gonna waste a lot of money!! And i will agree with a what a lot of ppl have said on here. Go with the console that supports the games that best suits you. I bought an Xbox caus there are a lot of games exclusive to that console that really appealed to me...and the same with the PS2 (mainly for Final Fantasy!!) Personally i'm not on a hype to get a game cube..they're good and all, they i just can live without the games. Although i have thought of gettin game cube so i have all three...then there isnt a game i can't own!

But like i said, go with the console where the games appeal to u most:

Xbox has a lot of good RPG's but mainly shoot em ups

PS2 has both of those and also some cartoony but the downside is there isn't much variation in the plot line of each individual game, they're just producing too many
Game Cube is great for all the "fun" games, like Mario etc, all the nintendo classics, but have now started introducing games which already appear on the other two consoles.

Raventheonly
When they come out they will be like 400-500 dollars.... then you'll still gotta wait .... PS2 for final fantsy and tekken games, gamecube for kiddy games and Xbox for everything else, its got KoTor, halo 1 &2 eventually and Fable which will rock FF, and thats for starters..

The Ones
what about game boy advance sp, do you own that?

The Ones
not the new one: san andreas. its never going to be on x-bx no matter how hard they tryand its got better grapphics than every single game i can think off

Raventheonly
Thats what everyone thought about Vice city and GTA3

The Ones
and vc and gta 3 came out 1-2 years after it was released on PS2 so you have to wait till about 2006 to get it

Maelstrum
is san andreas out?!? i dont think so!...i dought it will come out withing the year

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.