Magneto Vs Xavier

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

norrin radd
i have serious doubts on this one, xavier is one of the most powerfulls telephats in the universe, but i have discover this: "In previous years Magneto has apparently exhibited powers of astral projection and telepathy, and has claimed to be able to control the minds of others. His abilities along these lines are minimal, however-enough, perhaps, to protect himself against mightier telepaths, but not of great use otherwise". If he can create a mental barrier that whould provide him enough time to win in a battle against xavier.

beavis46
xavier cant get to magneto'sd mind when he has the helmet on anyway

norrin radd

beavis46
yeah thats probably true,doubt the barrier would be enough for smeone as powerful as xavier

Red Superfly
I have a comic where Cyclops slices Magnetos helmet in order for Xavier to stop Magneto from using his powers on Wolverine (again he tried to rip the adamantium of his skeleton). This is where Magneto cannot use his powers, and because of this, Wolverine stabs Magneto.

It seemed to me, helmet = protection, even in comics.

Viper
Magneto would probably be able to keep Xavier out of his mind long enough to take him out.

norrin radd

Maelstrom
Chuck and Eric have a relationship that is mutual. Eric has the second most powerfull mind on the planet. I'll wager that chuck supports eric in that area as well as Erics own powers. Whatever his mental powers he has been called the second most in the world.

norrin radd
the second most in the world who is the first?

wolverine8888
magneto helmet protects him from telepaths

Never
No way, that is incorrect. Jean Grey and/or Rachel with the Phoenix Force are even more powerful than Xavier. Recall Jean having to help Xavier "kill herself" in Uncanny #135?

Hell, Nate Grey and Cable are superior telepaths. You also have Stryfe and Exodus (although Stryfe's abilities are primarily telekinetic). Franklin Richards, anyone - he with the reality-warping telepathic powers?

Even if by "powerful" you meant intelligent that is still incorrect. You have Hank McCoy, Tony Starks, Reed Richards, Victor Von Doom...

norrin radd
yes, but can magneto with is mental barrier protect himself in order to win them all?

Never
No. Remember Xavier already "turned Magneto off," thus sowing the seeds of Onslaught's creation?

norrin radd

Never
Honestly cannot recall, would have to fetch the comic book. I just do not remember Magneto's helmet augmenting his telepathic ability or serving as a bulwark of sorts.

No, Cable is superior to Magneto telepathically. Hell, Emma Frost is as well.

Do not mix up having "natural" psionic shields with being a telepath of the first order. I think Storm is incredibly difficult to subvert, but that came with training.

Moondragon is FAR superior to Magneto as well, and JUST might be on par with Xavier.

SuperNova
Never, I dont like you. YOUY ALWAYS have to be right... OH MY GOD... you cant recall! Its a miracle!
No one likes a know it all Never. And Venom and I REALLY dont like someone who just registered and still continues to act the best. You probably dont even have comics, you prolly look up all the info right off google and say youve read every single comicbook, I dont like you.
"Do not mix up havbing natural psionic shields blah blah blah" You are instructing us like a stupid teacher. We will mix up whatever we want, *****.
And im a man too, And I called you like a woman!

norrin radd
no i meant if cable was superior to xavier. i know that magneto telepathy is not of first order, the thing is if he could (with a mental barrier) protect himself time enough against the telephats he would win them all in a fight

norrin radd
hey look what i found about magneto : "Force Field: Unearthly, -1CS per area. It also stops mental attacks, including possesion", you can read it here: http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/magneto.htm.

Never
Actually I do not "have to be right." It just so happens that I am more often than not.

Cannot recall? I have read THOUSANDS of comic books over the 20+ years that I have been collecting them. Your point?

I could not care less what you like, personally. Do not know you, do not care to. You whine like most puerile 7th graders do.

Probably don't have any comic books? Shoot me your e-mail address and I will go upstairs and take several pictures of the boxes and boxes of comic books sitting in the closet of the spare bedroom. Quite simple.

"Instructing you?" Must be your insecurity. Merely pointing out that there IS a difference.

"A man," calling someone up over the internet because they are insecure regarding their COMIC book knowledge? laughing out loud

Are you talking about his helmet granting him protection (like Juggernaut's does) or his forcefield? Forcefield, am not sure if it does or not. That is what he is using on the cover of Uncanny #150. It used to be ("used to" because I have not seen him use it in so long) similar to Unus the Untouchable's.

norrin radd

FrothByte
cable IS more powerful than xavier. the only reason why we don't see cable's full potential is because he has to use his psionic abilities to keep his bionic cancer in check. (i don't really know what his sickness is called)

norrin radd

norrin radd

Maelstrom
I base my decisions on the regularity of this life. Just as today you cannot fly and you must eat, marvel has a universe that they regulate along those lines. When they stated that Magneto is the second most powerfull mind on the planet, and Xaviar is first, that holds true. (Still have to eat). Marvel is not likely to go back on their own creation because of character preference. After stating Eric's powerlevel, they described his area being shielding, that only Xaviar could penertrate. Thus my conclusion that they colaborate in friendship and self appreciation. They were friends and untill you can change this worlds past that experience between them existed...which means it remains.

Never
www.marvel.com, the same site that says The Human Torch is a "better fighter" than SPIDERMAN?

Iron Man enrolled at M.I.T. in the electrical engineering program at 15 years of age and designed ALL of his suits.

Hank McCoy has a Ph.D. in biochemistry and cured the Legacy Virus. It has been said that Magneto "may" be a genius in genetics; however, it is known throughout the comic book universe that Hank IS a genius.

Reed Richards and Victor Von Doom were comrades in their own little esoteric circle in college, if my memory serves me correctly. Both are extremely smart.

"When" they said that 20+ years ago, it was obviously the case. There is no way in hell that is the case now. Magneto is NOT the "2nd most powerful mind on the planet" telepathically or intellectually. Franklin Richards warps reality by simply thinking. I can just walk away with that bit of information considering that puts him first, Xavier second, and Magneto third.

The Phoenix Force magnifies the abilities of its host infinitely. Rachel is The Phoenix. She is both a telepath and telekinetic. She kicked Galactus' ass - something Magneto could never DREAM of doing (recall in Secret Wars #6 he and Xavier tried to penetrate Galactus' psionic shield and Galactus BARELY noticed the COMBINED might of BOTH).

You then have Cable and X-Man (Nate Grey/Shaman). If you are familiar with their characters, you are familiar with their psionic abilities. If not:

Cable: Cable is a mutant whose physical attributes have been enhanced to superhuman levels. His principal mutant powers are his >>>>vast telepathic and telekinetic abilities. He can employ the latter to levitate objects and to create protective force shields. He must continually employ his telekinetic powers to prevent the techno-organic virus from affecting the rest of his body. His techno-organic left arm and shoulder possess even greater strength than his entirely organic ones. Cable's techno-organic right eye can see into the infrared portion of the spectrum.

Nate Grey: Nate Grey is a mutant possessing vast psionic abilities.>>>>> Nate has so far shown telekinetic ability rivaling that of Phoenix, creating destructive psionic spikes, and lifting objects of at least 10 tons or more. Nate is also a telepath of the first order, able to create psionic illusions, read, probe and control the minds of others, and to pull a psionic entity out of the astral plane. >>>>>It is possible that, with practice, Nate Grey could be the most powerful psionic on the planet.

Both are more powerful than Magneto from a telepathic perspective. I mentioned Moondragon also, for a reason.

Moondragon: Moondragon possesses numerous superhuman powers, having been taught to achieve mastery of several psionic powers by the priests of Shao-Lom. She is a telepath able to "read" the thoughts of others and project her own thoughts into others' minds within an as yet undetermined radius. She can mentally stun or cause pain to other beings. Moondragon can also use her telepathic abilities to control the minds of others, and thus eradicate specific memories, effect personality changes, direct an individual's actions for the duration of her mental "contact," and perform other feats. It is not known how many minds she can infleunce at one time: she once maintained a psychic link with millions on the planet Ba-Banis.

Moondragon also has telekinetic powers, enabling her to levitate herself, other people, and objects. In levitating she uses psionic energy to interact with gravitons (the sub-atomic particles carrying the force of gravity) in such a way as to allow her to resist the force of gravity. She cannot fly, however, but only hover since she has no power of propulsion once she is airborne.

She also possesses the "Cosmic Mind Gem." Need I say more? It has been said that she easily rivals Xavier's telepathic prowess.

This now leaves Magneto at LEAST 6th. I can go on if you like. Wait, another one comes to mind: Psylocke.

Magneto is sooooooooo not in their league, but don't take my word for it. Ask your local comic book store owners, visit Grant Morrison's website and ask on his messageboard, ask Warren Ellis on his messageboard, ask Mark Waid or Kurt Busiek in AOL chat.

norrin radd
Rachel the phoenix beat galactus ass????? Is this truth never, wow i tough galactus was way more powerful that the phoenix.
magneto is not one of the most powerful thelephats, but he is the master of magnetism, in magnetism he is number one.

Maelstrom
A telepath's telepathy makes him more vulnerable to a telepathic attack than someone who is not a telepath. Magneto is not a telepath but his mind is so powerfull that his ability is to resist attacks. That's his story, or was. I understand it to be a mental power but am not sure. It may be like Storm who was just trained, so i guess i'm hopeing. I'm gonna try another site to find out. I'll post the results here.

Maelstrom
Professer Xaviar is an Omega level telepath. He can reach Lindaria in another Galaxy. He has a supply of telepathy unlimited. His weakness is that he gets tired while phoenix doesn't. She is not as powerfull telepathiclly, only stronger.
Now Magneto is 2nd most powerfull in so far that he is not a telepath but is the most powerfull mind on the planet resistant to telepathy. The only one who can take him out is the most powerfull. Thus the need for the helemt. Clear. Cool.
Magneto is a mental not a telepath. And an Omega mental.

norrin radd
so this helmet thing is really truth?
even so i believe magneto can create a mental barrier or a force field, that would provide him time enough to beat xavier in a fight.

Never
Excalibur #61. She OWNED Galactus.

http://hem.passagen.se/hggblom1/phoenix/galactus.jpg

I disagree. Have any evidence to support your position?

Incorrect. Phoenix would MELT him.

Odd thing about this is that you rarely, if ever, see mention of this in his profiles. I personally have not.

As regards to Storm, it was both training and her natural willpower. Moondragon, for example, was trained as well. She'll stomp Magneto.

??? How does one differentiate between being more powerful and "stronger" from a telepathic perspective? As Phoenix Xavier is not even in the same universe with her.

If not more powerful why is it that Xavier could not even dent Galactus' "ambient" psionic shields while Phoenix simply put him on his ass?

LoL, no he is NOT. Have any evidence to support this?

He is not a "mental." Have any evidence to support this?

Where did you read this? If that is the case, why is it that he needs Cerebro to amplify his powers so that he can locate one mutant on this PLANET?

muffin man
xavier if magneto doesn't have his helmet on but if he does he'll tip chucks wheel chair round

Molecule man
Wouldn't Mags force field stop Xaviers tp attack? Mags have shown earlier that he could do stop that telepaths do maybe he could use his electromagnetic powers to boost his mental powers...

Mainstream
I think Chuck would take it. Don't ask my why but I just do.

Havoc470
if mags has a helmet on, then itll be over for X in a few seconds, if he doesnt then i dont see why xavier cant kill him

now, if youre staying true to the characters, neither would kill the other....maybe they'd play a chess game and xavier would win

radioboy121
I remember a comic showing Wolverine stabbing Magneto, but I think Magneto couldn't extract the adamantium because he was reacting to an illusion of an attacking Wolverine (Magneto didn't have his helmet on and thus was vulnerable to this).

Remember the trial of Magneto. At the end, he was tempted to use the enhancements of his helmet to convince all of humanity that mutants are not bad. It took Captain America to persuade him not to do it.

Cosmo Kramer
Couldnt Magneto just crush Xavior in his wheelchair like a Coke can?

Molecule man
Magneto would win. He could easily kill Xavier if he really wanted this have actually happend many times before. He haven't done that because Xavier is his friend and his mission in life is to protect his fellow mutant from the dirty human scumbags laughing

Wonder Man
What do you think?
Can Magneto out think Xavier or can Xavier win this. Magneto seemed to do great until the Sentinel attack in X-men #200.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.