Buffalo Soldiers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

total metalhead
for some reason i never hear any talk of this movie, which is a real shame because its frickin great. but then again anything with Joaquin Phoenix and Ed Harris is frickin great.

so has anyone seen it? if so what were your thoughts it?

total metalhead
i guess not sleeping

ragesRemorse
This is probably one of the best and funniest movies i have seen in a while. Alot of the content has been done before, but it is original in the way it executes it's humor, and concept. It stars Joaquin phoenix. It is about Us soldiers Stationed in Germeny after the cold war. Having little to do. Soldiers engage in buying selling and trading black market goods.
They stumble upon a cache of military weapons, and decide to keep them to sell on the market. A new seargent comes into the picture, and becomes suspicous of the happenings amongst some certain soldiers, Well you can pretty much guess where it goes from there. It is defaintly worth renting the black comedy is brilliant and the movie on a whole is actually enjoyable.

anyone else see this movie?

angelic_devil
i LOVE this movie, its so funny, i laughed the entire film and was so upset when it ended, i could have happily sat there for another hour, joaquin pheonix as always is brilliant, he really doesn't get the recognition he deserves

Solo
Originally posted by angelic_devil
joaquin pheonix as always is brilliant, he really doesn't get the recognition he deserves
He's been nominated for two oscars.

KillTheLight
and he didnt win either of them..oh well ..Anyway buffalo soldier was a cool movie I liked it a lot

Solo
Originally posted by KillTheLight
and he didnt win either of them
I kind of hinted at that, hence nominated.

He didn't really deserve to win in 2001 (while I disliked "Traffic" I thought Benicio was great) or in 2006 (PSH straight up deserved it), IMO. So it was pretty fair, although I think Joaquin Phoenix is a great actor.

angelic_devil
its a shame he didn't get the oscars, but what i really meant is that a lot of people haven't heard of him or are just like "oh he's river pheonix's brother" and don't really think of him as a great actor, of course they're missing out

KillTheLight
Originally posted by Solo
I kind of hinted at that, hence nominated.

He didn't really deserve to win in 2001 (while I disliked "Traffic" I thought Benicio was great) or in 2006 (PSH straight up deserved it), IMO. So it was pretty fair, although I think Joaquin Phoenix is a great actor.

yes I knew what you meant I was just stating the obvious stick out tongue

Originally posted by angelic_devil
its a shame he didn't get the oscars, but what i really meant is that a lot of people haven't heard of him or are just like "oh he's river pheonix's brother" and don't really think of him as a great actor, of course they're missing out

oh well who cares about people like that and you're right it's their loss

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.