Favorite Star Wars Music?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sith Master X
Lets hear your opinons, what music composed by John Williams do you think is the best to hit the Star Wars screens?

For me, my favorite is the light saber fight music from Attack of the Clones, and the music that plays when the camera swings around Yoda while he force grabs his saber, (that chorus music builds up the scene nicely), the only bad thing is that this music was left out of the soundtrack. sad

Anyway, for the best music that is on the soundtrack and on film, for me would be Duel of the Fates.

yerssot
seeing the section... I would not know by a long shot roll eyes (sarcastic)

but I hope the DOFT they will play during the big duel will be even better than in EpI

amity75
I like Yodas Theme. Although the "Force Theme" (I think that's what it's called, it's played when luke is looking at the twin sunsets in ANH and throughout the movies) puts chills down my spine.

Lyn
I love Star Wars music, period. But...if I had to pick...hmm...Across The Stars is my favourite piece of music..I also love Duel Of The Fates, Imperial March and Force Theme ((I agree completely amity75)).
I also loved where it's used...two moments in Clones...
Firstly, when Anakin & Padme hug on Tatooine before he goes looking for his mother; it's the Force Theme and it climaxes into Duel Of The Fates as he speeds away.
Secondly, when Shmi dies and Anakin has that scary, EVIL look on his face...as he gets angrier the music gets louder and faster...it's amazing!!

Anyways...excuse my rambling...

yerssot
*remembers I wanted to rip Across The Stars from my cd to play it on my pc*
*runs off*

Sith Master X
I agree with Lyn about the Anakin music after his mother dies. That piece as well is excellent.

Lyn
wink mad stick out tongue

Powerful stuff.

Darth Revan
I like that one and Duel of the Fates

I also like the one song whose name I forget that they play when Luke first meets Leia in the Death Star

LordRevan
Dual of Fates and the Emperor's theme

Mr.Deflok
The Catina Theme! wink My favourite track is the one that plays during the duel with Vader in ROTJ and the closing moments when he's defeated and later when he *sniff* dies. I can't belive I still don't own the ROTJ soundtrack, every other one including the SE of them but not a single ROTJ soundtrack sad

Lyn
I've only got Menace and Clones. sad

Darth Jello
yeah, the sith chant/emperor's theme, the full version of the forrest battle, the theme of Kamino, Leia's theme... duel of the fates, and probably the two greatest ques-#1the huge choral crescendo when vader kills the emperor #2the duel of the fates/lightsaber battle theme from when anakin beats assajj-though I think that was arranged by the guy who does the powerpuff girl music, a good composer in his own right

yerssot
shucks, and I wanted to upload Across The Stars for you sad

Sith Master X
I love the Cantina theme. But it's one of those evil toons that stalks your mind after you listen to it. In other words, I can never get it stuck out of my head.

Sith Master X
Whop, sorry for the attachment, it has no reason for being there. Hit a wrong button.

Lyn
Aww...thanx buddie. big grin

It's still a very nice attachment.

eleveninches
The ESB theme (imperial march)
The AOTC theme
The lightsaber battle from TPM

LordRevan
what about the music from KOTOR i got only one song frome there?

Mr.Deflok
Just got the ROTJ soundtrack, about bloody time too! "The Emperor" is a brilliant track, but I can't find the one that plays when Anakin dies, with the oriental style Vader theme.

LordRevan
i couldn't find it either Deflok you could try Kazaa thats were i got my music.

glenn
i like episode 2's music.

Darth Jello
yeah, no one can deny that williams is growing as a composer and that each movie has progressively better music than the last.

Gandalf Of Lore
Personally I like imperial march (Vader marching down a hall in the death star, classic) and Duel Of The Fates in first place then Across The Stars then the Force Theme and lastly the good old starwars song

Sith Master X
The Imperial March theme rocks. I hope there is a score for the Obi-Wan vs. Anakin duel and I hope it's the best. I'm sure some sort of music piece will be developed for that sequence.

Lyn
Unless they just use DOTF.

Sith Master X
True, I often thought of that as well. My theory is that they may use DOTF, but Williams will modify it somewhat, after all, I think DOTF score is only 3 and half minutes while the Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan is supposed to be a 12 minute duel. Like I said, I'm hoping he'll use DOTF, but I want it modified, with other new parts to the score added in. smile

Julie
I only have the sound tracks to the new movies, but I like some of the older tunes...like classic imperial march etc

mindbugaling
in AOTC, when ani and padme are walking down an outside corridor of the THEDE palace on naboo, then it fades to the palace's throne room. right when the screen fades in to see the throne room, the music of the orchetsra makes a beautiful diminished sound, fitting the mood of the visuals you see quite well -it's the little things like that that make the score a good one, that is what makes a good film score overall, setting the mood in the most simplist of ways.

Sith Master X
Yes, absolutely correct. Any score composed that brings a scene to life or carries out a certain feeling and tone to it is what really makes it a masterpiece.

Lyn
Yeah...I hope he uses all kinds of music, predominantly DOTF, Imperial March...I agree a modified version with added music. We shouldn't worry...John Williams wont let us down. happy

mindbugaling
well i dont think that if he used DOTF he would use the entire piece. looking at the rest of williams music and the musical habits he has, i think its safe to say that rather him using the entire DOTF score, he'll put hints of it into the score, he does that alot.

Sith Master X
Yep, you're right. I'm sure Williams wont let us down either. He's done a brilliant job with the first two, with each movie's score getting better then the first. Do you think there will be any dramatic music being played while Vader is being constructed (born) or do you think it'll be slow soft music like the music played when Luke takes off Vader's helmet in ROTJ? My guess is that the music will be dramatic, but I'm not sure.

SMX
cool

Creechuur
My absolute favorite song is the one the ewok is singing while they are preparing the heroes for the feast.

Look-a-dook-a-da-doola, loook-a-dook-a-dook....that cracks me up every time!

Really though, it would have to be a tie between Imperial March and Duel of the Fates. I'm down for the battle music.

For pure Star Wars quirkiness though, I'd go with the Max Rebo set in Jabba's Palace and the final-celebration-tribal-ewok-victory song. I couldnt believe those were taken out of the re-releases. Such a bummer.

eleveninches
1. ESB Imperial March
2. TPM Lightsaber battle scene
3. AOTC Across the Stars/Love Pledge
4. AOTC Finale
5. ROTJ Finale (Special Edition)

Lyn
I agree. big grin

It would be dramatic yeah, but I'm not sure what. Perhaps that piece of music you spoke of, that would fit nicely. Maybe just a chilling version of his theme. Or that Sith Chant, the one associated with the Emperor...??

laughing Yeah...!! Can't forget that one!!

swruler
hmmm...... Don't know.
ALL Star Wars music is JUST GREAT......hmmmm........
I'd say the Imperial march and duel of the fates. But you can't forget yoda's theme, leia's theme, the ANH finale, emperors theme, across the stars......... big grin

Imperial march below.
Hope you agree with me.

Sacrifise666
i like across the stars.

imperial march

duel of the fates.

Sith Master X
I love DOTF, but I'm sure Episode 3 will have a score that'll be my favorite. I'm expecting something big for the Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan duel.

SMX
cool

spadesmamma61
oh man I LOVE all of Williams scores.......but SW is definitely the best.
My favs are: AOTC Across the Stars/Love Pledge, AOTC Finale, Leias theme whatever its called, the song where Luke blows up the Death Star, Duel of the Fates and of course The Main Theme!

P.S.> Just got back from Harry Potter...was a good flick.

Sith Master X
Mostly all SW music has been great, and to think, there's even more to come!!

SMX
cool

Sacrifise666
did you guys hear the imperial march done by metallica?

its pretty damn awsome.

darktim1
I love anakins theme to the darkside is cool also like duel of the fates melody in ep1 it made the movie come alive during the lightsaber fights you know what I love all the starwars music it let the person know when they're on the light and darkside of the force .my favorite one is when luke looks into the two suns tatooine for now may force be with you.

Sith Master X
That's true. Vader & the Emperor's theme, very dark music, but Yoda theme, soft and gentle. It does add that extra touch, and gives a better feel to the tone of the moment.

SMX
cool

kenox
Imperial Theme - of course.

FatBrit
i love the music when anikans telling padme about how he slaughtered the tuskans!!

Slowly gets darker,builds into the emporers theme, then ends with the imperial march!!

First time you see anikan tip to the darkside, gives me the willies confused

Sith Master X
I love that theme, especially when Anakin's mother dies, the music builds up nicely leading to the slaughter of the tuskens.

SMX
cool

Lyn
I like Across The Stars too...

I agree completely with you Spades...
I'm so insanely jealous...I'm not seeing Harry Potter til Thursday...AGGHH!!

Ditto buddie.

spadesmamma61
Now is this particular piece on the soundtrack? What's it called? I got to download it. Of course it will be from one of the completely respectable and legal places. wink

[PLOP]anakin
I love across the stars

Sith Master X
Yes, it is on the soundtrack, and it's called "The Tusken Camp/The Homestead." wink

SMX
cool

Darth Maverick
I like Anakin darkside theme, it always pops up when something bad happens:
i.e.In The Phantom Menace, the final duel with Maul, OB Wan and Qui Gon it builds up the tension to when Qui Gon dies.
In Attack of the Clones when Anakin's searchin for his mum and it has the music as he is on the speeder.

Class A stuff!

super shadow GL
yep it is

Sith Master X
Yeah, that was kind of a modified version of DOTF.

SMX
cool

super shadow GL
but the music i like is the one when we see jango and zam together

spadesmamma61
Thnx pal....you are as always one of the best!
Mamma cool

super shadow GL
yep

Lyn
Ahh...you beat me to it...!! wink stick out tongue

Couldn't agree more...!! I love the scene where Anakin is about to leave to search for his mother and the May The Force Be With You theme is playing as they hug and then it climaxes into Duel OF The Fates as he speeds away.

So do I, so do I...happy *begins whistling tune*

Sith Master X
So, do you think Across the Stars will return for Episode 3? Perhaps so, but maybe an altered version of it?

SMX
cool

spadesmamma61
oh I'd bet on that Sith... Leia's theme ran thru all 3 of the OT

Sith Master X
I hope it does. Just wasn't quite sure if Williams had some surprise for us. My highest anticipation as far as music goes right now is to see what sort of score he comes up with for Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan.

SMX
cool

IluvTheodorC
I can play the star wars theme song on the piano!!!its koo!

Lyn
That's what I'm thinking. Regardless, it won't feature as stongly as it did in Clones. Maybe just a softer, sadder version. Like the very last part of Count Dooku and the Finale on the soundtrack, it's what plays as the credits roll up. It's a sort of slower version and it becomes part of the Imperial March as it ends. It's really beautiful.

He might, I'm not sure. Same for me...I really can't wait.

It's a great piece huh?? happy

super shadow GL
maybe IN DA CLUB will be in episode 3 when ani kills the jedis.

Creechuur
"quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Creechuur
My absolute favorite song is the one the ewok is singing while they are preparing the heroes for the feast.

Look-a-dook-a-da-doola, loook-a-dook-a-dook....that cracks me up every time!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah...!! Can't forget that one!!"

Ah, at least someone has some taste in here. Thumbs up Lyn! Ewoks are way better composers than Williams could ever hope to be...

Holy crap did I just say that??? I gotta get more sleep.

FatBrit
im wondering if GL will update the music for the OT, not change the music but just re-record it so it sounds better. I can decide which version of the Imp march is better, the OT one or the brief one we hear on EP 2 at the end!!

Darth Ravenous
when anakin is on the speeder

Sith Master X
Ok, since we're on the music topic, and since I've been going nuts over what I'd like to see for a score on Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan, I've finally come up with what I think would be perfect.

This score doesn't have to be action, perhaps yes, it could start off that way, but what I'm really looking for is something more tragic sounding. Remember the music that plays when Luke totally looses it on Vader in ROTJ? That's not really an action piece like DOTF, but it's an excellent emotional score that really highlights the meaning of the duel.

I think it'd be great if Williams remade that piece from ROTJ and used it in Episode 3. Of course it'd have to be much longer, he could mix it in with other themes and add more to it, it'd just sound great and give more of tragic meaning to the duel since after all, that duel is a tragedy.

SMX
cool

ABE LINCOLN
Call me classic...but the Imperial March suits me fine eek! I love that theme

super shadow GL
no whitout me when anakin falls in the lava pit

Sith Master X
It'd definitely be cool for the duel to open up with that theme. Just somewhere along the line, before Anakin's fall, I want a sense of tragedy. Still, cool theme though I agree.

SMX
cool

Lyn
Right on...!! laughing stick out tongue wink

I know exactly what you mean SMX. I must admit that I do love DOTF...just the speed and excitement of it and it would most definitley be perfectly suited for parts of the duel. On the other hand, I feel the same way about adding a sadder, more tragic element to the duel. After all it's not a Goodie vs. Baddie duel, it's a battle between two people, two friends; Master & Apprentice. There is a lot more there emotionally than just a simple 'we hate each other' theme...their relationship is very complicated yet very close.

Another example of a piece of music JW uses to convey a slightly different emotion is, though you'll all go 'not again...', the part just after his mother dies and the anger begins to grow inside of him. The emotion conveyed in that piece, though short, is very effective.

Creechuur
Man, some of you are so HARDCORE you make me look like a trekkie.

super shadow GL
laughing out loud

Sith Master X
Perfectly said Lyn. big grin Yes, the part of it not being Good Vs. Bad, but instead two friends heading toward a tragic showdown, that couldn't be more true and strongly supports my idea for a tragic theme. The Homestead score would sound good with that, I agree.

SMX
cool

super shadow GL
....in da club whan obi1 and ani fihgt

Lyn
laughing Nah...not hardcore...I just love the music...wink stick out tongue

Glad we do. happy Btw, I LOVE your Sig...thumb up

laughing

boag69
The ESB Soundtrack is the best one by a country mile.

Can't recall as well - the track they used for TPM Trailer when it was all murky and foggy in the Gungan Swamp at the start of the trailer was tops.

However - the Yoda them is the ayatollah of rock and roll-ah.

Sith Master X
I own both prequel soundtracks, don't have the OT. Well, if ESB's the best I'll take your word for it. Looks like I'll try that one first.

SMX
cool

Xam

Montross
As said by many before me, the Duel of Fates, Force Song, and the Imperial March are best.
Hands down.

Sith Master X
Oh yeah DOTF!! Can't wait to see what Episode 3 brings us.

SMX
cool

Lyn
I don't have that soundtrack...sad
Yoda's Theme ROCKS!! I agree...!! happy thumb up

laughing Clever... laughing

Too right. happy thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.