an essay!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

He-Man
Hi folks, I'm new around here.

Ok heres my problem:
I gotta write an essay to school for Thursday!!!
I can't change the subject anymore which is ofcource star wars and the words don't really come out of my head. So could anyone of you folks help me about this. I don't know what to write so I was thinking of cheating and copying a good one from internet and just translating it to my language, but I can't find anything.

So does anyone of you dudes know where to find a good one cause I'm not very good at this?

LadyEowyn
do you just have to write about star wars in general, or how they made the movies, or the characters? What exactly about star wars do you have to write about?

He-Man
Ok I didn't mean to put this here cause it's definetly not epII related and I don't know how to move this thing so sorry sad

He-Man
I have to write it abou star wars in general. About 10 pages

LadyEowyn
its better to send private messages to those who can recieve them... but you really dont know any one.

yerssot
talk FX, talk history of SW, etc. a lot of background

btw, translate it? what's your first/main language?

sand person no. 10
ok here goes i did a-level english so here are some pointers.

1 symbolism. sw's is full of symbolism. i.e. the difference between he original 3 and then new 3. the old 3 are more barren especially in terms of settings, highlighting the effect the emperor has had upon the galaxy. in esb things begin to go wrong when c3po is in pieces.
2 the heroes journey. nearly all of the main characters in sw's have been given a predefined life that has been determined by fate. i.e even before they were born their life had been planned and it was almost certain that there life would follow that path.
3 say how it has laid the path down for films from today. look carefully at the matrix for example. that relies on the idea of the chosen one etc. it has also infuenced modern day cultures.
4 despite all the pain, suffering and evil, good always wins in the end, if only in the broader context.
5 it has one of the greatest twists in movie history.
6 some people think that the characters names are very important. (i don't, yerssot can point you towards a thread where this point is argued to death.)
7 its the classic story of the most unimportant person in the galaxy becoming the saviour. (both anakin and luke)
8 it emphasises how greed can take over you and control your life and become your downfall.
9 it was a ground breaking film for its time, i.e. sfx and the scale of it.
10 it relies heavily upon the viewers imagination, i.e. despite all the pain and anguish people go through you hardly see any of it on the screen.

that will do for now, feel free to message me if you don't understand any of this.

He-Man
I'll sure try to make somethig out of this myself even if I can't cheat, but if any of you have seen a starwars essay on the www then please tell me. And if you haven't, then i'm sure you guys know a good site where I could find something cause I don't know where to look for. There was nothing on starwars.com and that's the only site I know.

And the language is finnish(not that you really need to know).

I found a lot of starwars related stuff on the web but it would be so much easier to copy one already made and that's the way I've always done it.

well I gues i'll go back searching. rolling on floor laughing

Captain REX
Cheaters never prosper...

Especially ones that live in the Toilet...

yerssot
http://www.smilies.nl/kloguck.gif

He-Man
Prosper???

It's my english skills again. I don't even know what it means but I'm sure I don't do that as you said.

And may I ask what's wrong with living in toilet??? I mean it's an enormous pleasure to just sit there and bend that thing out of your ass.

And there's nothing wrong with cheating either as long as you don't get caught stick out tongue

yerssot
prosper=to florish (spelling)

Captain REX
That's not living in a toilet, that living ON a toilet.

And if your a Star Wars fan, you'd be able to right up an essay on at least one person that worked on it, like George Lucas. Doi!!!

yerssot
boy, are you touchy today...

Captain REX
My brother's pissing me off and I'm bored.

He-Man
And if my location is a toilet it doesn't mean I live in a toilet even if that's what it might seem like sometimes.

I don't know what it means if you florish either, but you
don't have to tell me cause I got it's something bad. Well I'm badsad

I guess I'm gonna have to make the essay myself after all if you can't tell me a good site where to copy it from. sad You know the biggest problem in this universe is I am not very good at writing anything (as you can all see) so I cheat and I always get good numbers when I cheat so that's what I usually do. I don't know how can I pull this off cause I suck.

I dunno can I remove the ''What about'' thread which I didn't mean to make so somebody please remove it if you can and move this thing to the Starwars IV-Vi, I place where I really ment to make this. I belive Ratcat is the right man to do this.

yerssot
ask a mod, but they're not around now

Julie
What a life roll eyes (sarcastic)

He-man, listen to sand person. English teachers love symbolism and themes. Good vs evil; David vs Goliath(small vs. big); etc

He-Man
Yeah I'm sure english teachers love all that, but I'll have to do the essay for the finnish class so I don't really care what english teacheres like.

And sure I'll listen to Sand Person now, I just thought you guys would know a good site where to copy the thing. Well I guess there isn't any so it was a stupid thing to post these forums about this thing.

LanceWindu
He-Man you said something about just copying and pasting a report done by some other person on the web, isn't that plagerism?

yerssot
not if you mention his name wink

Captain REX
Still, I could come up with my own without copying. I'm good at writing.

He-Man
You are. I'm not.

He-Man
Ofcource I can make it on my own too, and I'm allready making it cause it'll have to be ready till tomorrow but I would have gotten a much better number if I would have cheaten

LaurenE147
You guys are killing me with the English. To prosper means to grow and do well.

Captain REX
I knew that. I guess it's not a word in Finnish or He-Man has never heard the word before. confused

He-Man
Ofcource it's not a word in finnish cause finnish is a very different language from english. And I've definetly heard the word before but I've never known what it means. Well now I do.

I guess you can all see now i'm not very good at english, but I think that's one good reason i'm still going to school.

yerssot
You are??? eek!

He-Man
what??? Going to school??? Yup confused

yerssot
he he
*pads He-man on the head*
still a long way to go...
Wait! Same here! sad

He-Man
Don't we all???

I read some of these threads you've been talking here and it look's like you...like...like already know what's gonna happend in episode II. Now how's that possible??? Do you like all work for lucasfilm or something. I don't get it... I thought ep II comes out on May or something. Where did you find all that stuff??? confused

yerssot
don't know about the others, but I work at ILM (not LucasFilm),
so if you see AOTC, watch for the endbattle, I have a cameo in it!

mah
and I'm working there too

yerssot
yeah! How could I forget my mainmate M???

We have a great time huh?
You remember when we were working on the Reek? Messing with the colors and then we had to show it and the only thing we got was with all those colors on it, and GL liked it! laughing out loud

mah
laughing out loud oh yeah, how could I forget!
btw, remember design AXXT-003?

yerssot
You DID remember to work with layers?
I don't like the green color! I think GL overdid that design... well... Doug did, but he approved...
Ow! Before I forget! You have to make those claws retractable!!! You don't want Anakin to die, I hope!

mah
I'll do it, though we can all want him dead sometimessmile

He-Man
I always thought ILM is a part of lucasfilm so if you guys would work there you would be working for lucasfilm too. I don't know if I'm right. Am I???

And again it's my english skills; what's a reek??? I'm confused confused

Now tell me really where you found all that cause I'm gonna go mad if you don't evil face

yerssot
ILM is not part of LucasFilm, we make tons of other movies besides star wars!!!

reek: one of the creatures in the battle of Genosia, he has some nice colors: http://starwarsfan.tk/restofepisodeii.htm it's the creature with the colors; don't mind the pic of Yoda with his lightsabre, it's cancelled!! Luckily I didn't spend my hours working on that! If Yoda was one metre, it would work, but heck! Him making saltos over Dooku and slash and duck, it was too hilarious actually!

He-Man
Man, I thought ILM is a part of Lucasfilm ltd just like THX, Skywalker Sound, LucasArts etc. And I know ILM makes lots of other movies too. And Lucasfilm made Indiana Jones series so even they make other movies than just starwars. Again you still might be right. I dunno.

I don't really know anything about episode II, I've just seen the trailers from starwars.com. So are we going to see Yoda with a saber smile ? And who's Dooku? And most importantly how the h**l do you know all this??? confused

yerssot
No, actually, we form one big alliance to make SW, but we make other movies as well, without consulting the others...

for your answer:like I said in my previous reply: no sad
the problem was that Yoda was too little to make the fight believable... believe me, the jumping was just plain stupid! they even made him do summersaults, and that was stupid because suddenly we had to make his feet visible and we had a meeting with GL about that!
Dooku, well, since this is highlight to read, I can tell you that he is the main badguy, he's the new apprentice (named Darth Tyranus)

How I know? Like I said, I work at ILM, mah and I are together with a whole team working on AOTC, we are rushing to finish it all though, we are struggling to finish the Genosian battle in time! GL keeps throwing in new characters, like Aayla Secura! (and we had to digitally remove the guys from N'Sync!)

Ushgarak
Sigh... I'm stopping THIS, for sure...

He-Man, they are messing with yopu., They work for no-one.

Large amounts of info about the movei have been leaked- accurate info at that. A vast fan effort has been m,ade to seperate genuine tidbit from false rumour and from this a good three quarters or so of the film has been revealed.

Still plenty we will not know until the day, though.

Captain REX
What Ush? Your joking! Yerssot and Mah are the best guys at ILM!!!

Mah made the AXXT-003. Man is he awesome!

I'm a concept artist that helped Ralph McQuarrie and Doug Chiang!!!

Here's a concept art picture I made!!!

He-Man
And I always belive everything I hear and read ofcource.

So is there a site on the net where I could read all that stuff?

yerssot
Rex, don't talk like that! It's not that you have an important job...(ok, it's important, but not Doug or Ralph important)

HM, you can believe what you will but we know the truth...

mah:the AXXT-003 design has to make it to the office on Tuesday, so if you start with the eyes (red 001-2/822 remember) then I'll start working on the tailspine tomorrow

He-Man
And I'm Lucas' long lost sister.

Captain REX
I helped Doug create that on paper, you guys just have to create it in CGI.

yerssot
wait a minute!
is that Alderaan? don't tell me George has put in a new planet! How are we supposed to get that working in time???? And I hope you WON'T ask me to put in the spaceships!

Captain REX
Don't worry, it's for Episode III. Me and Doug worked on it ahead of time since his part is done (except for all the characters GL keeps throwing in). I heard GL say he was going to throw in a wolfman Jedi, a Kaminoan Jedi, and a Geo Jedi. And a new species...I'll PM you.

yerssot
just when you think he makes up his mind! Djee!
I'm going to hit him in the head with this!
Do I get sketches of those Jedi or is it my imagination that can work? Because I have a great wolfman in mind!

About that Alderaan, do I really have to get it on the computer? I mean, what if George deceides to give it a whole new look? Then I wasted my time with that while I could have worked on EPII.

And mah! Poodoo man! You said you were going to finish those claws!

Julie
"poodoo"...such a dignified insult wink ...err....expression

yerssot
hey! I have the right to be angry at mah! He didn't finished his work!

Julie
It was just an observation. Whether you have the right to be angry with Mah....that's up to you.

mah
whether this joke is taken a tad too far, yerss, that's up to yousmile

yerssot
good observation, that job had to be finished YESTERDAY

Julie
better late than never, I suppose

yerssot
late then never? it's still the never part...

Julie
Oh well, you win some you lose some........maybe you should just finish it now then???

yerssot
errrrrr, Julie, it's evening now and Doug (that's Doug Chiang, designer) is already nagging that desing ATTX-003 had to be finished already!

Julie
So why are you worrying about it at all????

yerssot
because we can get fired for this!

Julie
Worrying aint gonna make it better is it????

yerssot
no, but if I tell you we get well paid @ ILM, it might worry you more!

Julie
I'll take your word for it. Don't you 'cause worry is wasteful and useless in times like these wink

Everything will work out in the end.....even you realists should realize this

yerssot
yeah, well, would be a shame to not see the full Reek in AOTC, would be fun though, seeing it in the "Making of" and in some pictures and then don't see it in the movie

Julie
What the heck is a Reek???????

yerssot
it's that creature mah and I are responsible for, it's not fully done in the movie and we had to finish it yesterday, here's a pic

Julie
cool.....how does it have to be finished....it looks nice to me as is.

yerssot
we still need to finish 1 minute and 04 seconds of the AOTC footage were he's in

Julie
oh......that's a long time. good luck!

yerssot
depends, mostly copy-past with new layers, should be done in an hour or 12

mah
and I guess this is the time to stop this joke about us working at ILM, right yerss?

Julie
Err...that's quite a time gap there.....you don't have a better time estimate than that????

yerssot
you're right mah, Julie, we pulled He-Man's leg, razzing him, and you accidently believed us...
but rest assure, we WILL do it again when we have the opportunity smile

Julie
That's reassuring......I look forward to it smile

yerssot
*whispers*
she takes it, mah! We are saved!

Julie
*hits Yerssot with the blunt end of lightsaber*
quit babbling man!!!!

yerssot
pfff, it's not difficult to make a lightsabre..., post something better!

mah
yes, listen to julie!

Julie
A lightsaber is cool...it has pretty colors to distract the dimwitted wink

yerssot
you know, I made the purple one

Julie
Huh?....would you please clarify that

mah
ahh, he's just up-to-no-good. don't listen to him, that's my suggestionsmile

Julie
THank you, I'll consider that advice very seriously wink

yerssot
keep it with the suggestion, she doesn't take orders

Julie
Ture....but friendly advice can be considered and not actually followed, Yerssot.

yerssot
I hope you're not suggesting that I should be friendly!

mah
I'm sure she wouldn't suggest something evil like that, yerss.

Julie
No, no, I wouldn't want to run the risk of corrupting the innocent Yerssot. roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
mad
don't call me innocent! I'm waffle god!

mah
oooh, scary!

yerssot
don't taunt me, boy

Julie
"Waffle god"??????....yeah that demands respect.

Mah, maybe you shouldn't taunt the unfortunate being wink

mah
maybe not. or maybe evil face

yerssot
that's better!

Julie
What's better, oh evil one?

Captain REX
The Waffle God is a movie GL said he's writing. Very good movie. big grin

yerssot
starring : ME big grin

Amidala
laughing out loud

I think He Man may have just decided it would be easier to do it himself.

yerssot
no, why?

He-Man
AAAAAAAAAAH!!! Why did you have to bring this up again.
It's been done for about a mounth now.

yerssot
and you failed?

He-Man
No I didn't. But it didn't end up that great either.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.