Small Flaw

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
Where'd Uma's wheel chair go? She climbed out of it into the Pussy Wagon but when she drove away, where was it? If somebody picked it up, wouldn't they have noticed her?

TrAnCeDuO
now that you mention it...where the hell did she get that wheel chair...also...wouldnt they have noticed the giant blood puddle on the floor or on her clothes and body? also whouldnt theyve noticed that Buck was missing?and another thing...as sick as it sounds...i still kinda find it hard to believe that some guy would rape women for that long and not get caught at all(even though in this day and age i wouldnt be surprised something that disgusting would happen)...also...i admit...im a stranger to the woman anatomy...but even if she cant have another child wouldnt she still get aids or other stds from being raped that long?

Dogbert
A few seconds after she gets into the back, you can hear a distinct sound in the background. That was the sound of the weelchair wheeling away and banging into a wall or car or whatever it crashed into.

TrAnCeDuO
myth was wondering what happened to it...as in as the bride was getting out of the hospital in the pussy wagon she wants to know why it didnt show up as she was going out....(its funny how i wrote that entire post without answering that question) but personally i just think they just took out the prop and forgot to put it back in... this is kinda like in the matrix lobby shootout scene where as neo and trinity are going up the elevator shaft the elevator car falls down and explodes on contact with the bottom floor...when it hits the floor and explodes, theres is no sign of the bodies of the fight that just happened moments before they went up the shaft...this is just one example of missing props..

WindDancer
I dunno about that Matrix stuff. But the wheel chair look like it was rolling back, then we hear a crashing sound. When the PW is backing up we only see the back angle. Not the entire parking structure.

whatshisface
if you pay attention to that lobby shoot out, all the shooting occured at the left and right side of the screen, not in front of the elevator. that is why neo and trinity had to meet in the middle of the room to retrive the bag (bomb). however there is one missing body right inf ront of the elevator... the one neo killed last...

and speaking of kill bill, what was the purpose of the list the bride made while she was on the plane after killing o-ren ishii... it said "death list"... it could be an "out of sequence shot", but never the less weird.

QPex
If you noticed it told about killing Green before O-Ren and it was just showing after Ren she wrote the list then she went to Green so the next movie will start as she drives off in the Pussy Wagon. So the whole movie is a little out of order but it really worked for it.

Lord Soth
I loved the whole out-of-order style. Very original yes

TrAnCeDuO
indeed...unlike that crap movie "seabiscuit"(which ive seen right before seeing kill bill)at least this movie had a unique style of storytelling gave good hints about where it was in the story...

ennuic
Several things are *flaws*... Just because you don't see things happen don't mean that they don't...

I read the script first, and I was turned off. After seeing the movie it would have to be one of my favorites of all time. It just worked for me. Haven't seen Vol. 2 yet... Working on it, trust me. Maybe Monday... sigh...

And btw, I read Pulp Fiction script before seeing the movie and I liked it.. I'm not sure exactly what it was about the script that didn't catch me, it just didn't.

-----------------

Where did she get a yellow bike and matching suit?

Where did the wheelchair go?

Why didn't anyone notice Buck after 13 hours?

These things don't need to be answered, even if they are answered in Vol 2... Why? It's Tarantino style... I do have to say that his backwards style starting to grow old though. That's his thing, but maybe he should try something different? Just a thought... I'm sure whatever he does is good, though. Can't wait for Vol 2... and that Bastards movie he'll be doing.

Lord Soth
Well, the motorcycle thing could be pretty easily explained; either she bought it or stole it stick out tongue

TrAnCeDuO
as for the yellow bike....thats simple...shes an assassin...they get payed rediculous amounts of money...
as for the wheelchair havent we already answered that?
as for buck...i would imagine so...but it be kinda to find the bride since she was considered a jane doe(for those who dont know...it means that she was a patient but they have no idea who she is or any idea of her former life due to the fact that she covered her tracks before she got married)
i have another question....what the hell is up with the parts where they said the brides real name but censored it out?! i kept on rewinding it to parts to where they said it over and over again but i still couldnt make out what it was....does anybody know what her real name is or why they did that?

ennuic
She stole it: There just happened to be a matching suit that was her size? Possible, unlikely.

She bought it: Where did she get the money from? How did she afford plane tickets to China and Japan?

If she was comatose for 4 years and 6 months, then even if she was under a false identity, a bank with an unactive account usually does something. Unless it's savings.... Anyway, like I said, it doesn't matter to me.

Speaking of another thing: Why didn't she kill Sophie when she pulled up next to her on the bike? If she followed her to the club, then why did she pull out first?... wink

But like I said: Don't flame me about these things, I'm saying that these things don't matter big grin

TrAnCeDuO
as i already said she bought it with the insane amounts of money she had. as for the bank...i dunno...maybe she stored her money away in a bank or something...and as for sophie...cmon now...thats a bit overzealous...and besides if she did she would leave behind a corpse and possible witnesses...and im not flaming you...im just telling you my opinions...me flaming you would be me like this
"GGERREGFDGFGRTREWTSDF!!!!!"

ennuic
The Showdown? House full of people? I don't think she cares.

She makes lots of money doing assassin work? Best answer probably. Who hired her? Marcello?..... *crap*... now I got that Gimp Scene in me head..... sad sad sad sick

TrAnCeDuO
i....dont exactly know....more than likely she worked for bill since elle and the bride seem to fear him...as for her not caring...lemme quote this one idiot i found... "she is a ninja...she doesnt care...yet she is careful and precise"

ennuic
Of course she worked for Bill, but being comatose for so long, who handled her finances? That's the question. So did she work for somebody between waking up and going to kill O-Ren? Oh yea... There's gas money, and so many other things that don't matter but I'm wasting my time posting about it..... Hmmm....

Oh yea... another rant... I wanted more of O-Ren's theme music as she walked down the hallway.... not enough... Got the soundtrack. I think it sucks when it's not in the movie. The movie would suck without it.

TrAnCeDuO
no offense but maybe your asking for a little too much detail...as for the music comment...yeah without the music it wouldnt have been as good but its not like the whole entire movie would suck because it didnt have that track...

ennuic
Nah... Didn't mean just that track. All the music combined. And it's not that hard really to put in something that shows how she has money. Maybe she had a hidden stash somewhere? Really... This thread is about *flaws* that's why I came here to post stick out tongue

And if you bothered to read the script, there is a LOT more than what you see in the movie. Maybe not answers to the *flaws* that I posted, but perhaps answers to ones that you or anyone else might notice. Being a screenwriter, I know about *flaws*... I also know about soundtracks and visual audio relation.

TrAnCeDuO
....rrriggghhhttt....anyways...all im saying is that you just gotta have small plotholes like that...otherwise to fill up those plotholes...the movie would have to be equivilant to the amount of days in the movie lets not forget that it would have to be in detailed shots so that no one would have to complain about those holes...and all this...would be a bit too long...

Samas-adian
True....
like if Qt had to show everything from getting the tracksuit and the bike....to the wheel chair...
like who cares... she got somehow....like do you really need to see her buying the damn bike...its assumed she got somehow and makes no point in showing it.

ennuic
You guys don't seem to understand something. I'm the one who said the things don't matter to me. If you happened to check the title of this thread (not started by myself) you will notice that it is about *small flaws*...

I'm simply posting here. And no, it does not take long to show *detail*. I completely understand that it is not needed, I like the movie exactly how it is. You however, are mistaken in your assumption that you cannot place a lot of detail and still have a fast-paced story.

For instance:

Total screentime to show an abandoned wheelchair: 1-4 seconds
Total screentime to show the Bride finding a motorcycle: She goes past or enters a motorcycle shop: 2-5 seconds

So if you have fifteen 4 second shots that add more detail into the movie, that's only 1 extra minute of screentime... That's just not Tarantino style, I understand exactly, but it could be done easily. The fact remains that Tarantino can do just about anything he wants, and if wants to make jumbled up movies without details or explanations, that's his thing. I still liked it though, there's no argument here.

EDIT: And yes I do understand his references and I did catch a lot of them. There is detail. Just not the same kind of detail.

killthesunlight
this guy? this guy talks too much...

samhain
I don't think QT wanted to bother spending money on shots like her buying a bike, it's totally unneccessary. While we're at it why don't we see Mr Blonde buying his fries and drink in Reservoir dogs?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.