A question about Vincent Vega...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tabby999
when him and Jules are going to kill the guys in the flat, he says he dosn't watch TV. then later on he talks about an episode of Cops he'd watched.......whats the go...he just lying or was there some kind of symbolisim? oh and even though they constantly talk about how the body has no head when Vince shoots marvin in the face, when you see it in the boot and in the "what if" clip of Bonnie coming home, the corpse has a head.....nice and consistant

Fire
dunno tabby have to watch PF again

Samas-adian
The head would be still on...it would be a bloody mess though..but still be on.

tabby999
but when you see then trow the bag of bloodiesd clothes in the trunk, the head is just covered in blood, not half missing or anythin

MR. PINK
It's just a figure of speech. Most of the head is gone but it's not really completely blown off. Just like if you'd say "I'll blow your head off!" or something along those lines. PLus it'sjust funnier to see in The Wolfe's notepad "One body (No Head)" or when he says "We've got a corpse in the car minus a head, take me too it." It's just a way of saying "shot in the head." that's all. And the thing about Vincent confused me too, but I honestly don't give a flying ****, Pulp Fiction is my all-time favorite film.

killthesunlight
he said he doesnt watch tv, but he did not say "I've never watched t.v" so of course he might've seen a televison program sometime.

MR. PINK
Good point. Or maybe Trantino just forgot about the earlier line.

Myth
I also thought it was interesting how he knew all of the celebs in Jack Rabbit Slims. For somebody who doesn't watch TV, he sure knows alot about the entertainment world. Sure he can read, but why would he read about things like that if he didn't watch TV.

roundisfunny
"Cops" has been on since 1989. Vince had at least a four-year grace period in which he cut down on his TV viewing enough to honestly say that he "doesn't (regularly) watch TV". Let's face it...haven't most of us who have reached adulthood come to a point where 90% of the lineup is pointless and inane?

Besides, how long was he in Amsterdam? I have no idea whether "Cops" airs in Holland, but even if it does, he was probably so on the go with hash bars and motoring around for Marcellus, he just gradually drifted in the little-to-no viewing habit while abroad. We know he went to movies in Holland ("I'm talkin' 'bout a GLASS of beer"wink, but that's about it.

Myth, I think the answer to your question is that Vincent did have an appreciation for the classics. Remember the deleted "interview" scene with him and Mia, establishing him as a bit of a relic? Besides, Marilyn Monroe, Jayne Mansfield and Mamie Van Doren are the only ones he mentions specifically, and they were all movie actresses, not TV stars. Vincent is at least in his mid-30's in 1994, so he could easily have gotten to know them on the big or small screen as a kid in the 60's.

tabby999
i think saying he didn't say "t.v programme" and "tv" is crap. you cant watch a tv progremme without the tv, you dont take a tape to the movies and they put it up on the big screen, he'd have to watch tv to see the show

Yomammy
I say that -I- don't watch TV, and for the most part, I don't. I watch movies all the damn time, but I don't watch squat on TV. People talk to me about commercials and I'm aware of some (just from walking through the room when the TV is on), but being aware of something, or the occasional sit down and watch for a while, can still fall under the category of, "I Don't Watch TV".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.