Magneto Vs. .....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alex-Neo
I was just thinking how powerful magneto (sp?) actually is and who he could beathe can fly, manipulate metal, make a sheild around him self lift 11 tons his own body weight, very clever and can shoot magnetic beams out of his hands.

So i was wondering if he could beat Jugernaught (sp?) what you all think? and who else could he beat?

norrin radd
magneto can do everything you said and much more, he can actually lift not 11 but 100 tons. In my opinion he would beat the crap out of juggie, trough magnetism he can control juggies entire body, using the magnetic field of juggies body or trough the iron in his blood. If you want to know more things about the Man go here:

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/m/magneto.htm

or here

http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/magneto.htm

Alex-Neo
Thanks alot that was very helpfull. thinking about it is there any one who could beat Magneto ?

norrin radd

Alex-Neo
Yea, Magneto is my favorate charcter in comic books.

rox
only other person that could beat him is storm

Never
It depends on who is writing him. Grant Morrison's portrayal of Magneto was less than spectacular - he had to use the drug "Kick" to boost his powers such that he could perform feats that he did without effort in the second run of "X-Men." I do believe he released a global E.M.P. in the earlier issues.

At his full potential, he would be scary indeed.

How can Storm defeat Magneto, in your opinion?

Magee
Yea i have seen him rip people into small parts with a single look send Thors hammer bak at him with ease but at other points he has had trouble dealing with the likes of cyclops

tintedoils
phoenix would wipe the floor with his ass

SuperDarryl
Yes Pheonix would floor wipe his ass, or wipe the floor with his ass. Pheonix has to much raw telekenetic power. She could do a multitude of things to Magneto. The Hulk could knock Magento unconcious with one blow! Spiderman wouldn's stand a chance. Also if Jug head tried to give magneto problems then he magneto could easily use his powers of magnetism to beat him. Mag is a cool character very powerful too.

eleveninches
The thing is, is that Magneto is far to smart to get into a fight with somebody who would easily be able to defeat him.

rox
How can Storm defeat Magneto, in your opinion?

think about these reasons

1.storms lighting powers are related to magnetos cause they are both forms of electricity, they would cancel each other out or come down to a power struggle.

2.storm has variety of different powers: she can cause blizzards,tornado,hurricanes,winds,water tides,heavy rains,hail, a number of things she do to him.

3.if it ever came down to a hand-to-hand fight. storms martial arts skills what help her tear him a new ass

4. she can fly

eleveninches
Magneto can 'fly' as well (okay, its not really flying, but its still levitation)

norrin radd

rox
how the hell am i wrong

Never
Magneto's abilities:

Although Magneto's power is not on the level of the Silver Surfer in his prime, it is for all practical purposes limitless. Even before his rejuvenation, Magneto once lifted a cargo freighter weighing 30,000 tons 50 feet into the air from a distance of 300 feet away.

Although Magneto's primary power is magnetism, he seems to have some ability to project or manipulate any form of energy that is related to magnetism. In the past he has fired a bolt of electricity, he has also created enough intense heat to destroy a metal door. Heat, or infrared radiation, is part of the electromagnetic spectrum, which also includes visible light, radio waves, ultraviolet light, gamma-rays, and x-rays. Magneto may be able to project any of these. He has also been shown creating an anti-gravity field, and presumably does so whenever he levitates a non-magnetic object. Hence, Magneto may be living proof of the long sought Unified Field Theory that all forms of energy are related. However, Magneto almost always uses only magnetism, so perhaps it is more difficult for him to manipulate other forms of energy.

Storm cannot touch Magneto if he chooses - however, Magneto could definitely "touch" Storm even while she's flying smile

Captain America
I would like to see him fight Doctor Polaris, a man that also has the abilty to control magnatism, but I am not sure of how powerful he is.

norrin radd

norrin radd

norrin radd

beavis46
if nightcrawler werent wearing any metal,couldnt he bamf behind magneto and deck him?

tkitna
The Hulk could knock him out with one blow and yet Juggernaut loses 'easily'? Please explain.

eleveninches
Remember when he lifted an island or something like that into space. Now thats powerful

norrin radd
hulk could knock him with one blow if he could catch him, it would never happen, magneto can easily defeat hulk as he can easily defeat juggernaught

tkitna
Thank You!

eleveninches
Magneto can be more dangerous against juggernaught, cos juggy has a metal helmet.

norrin radd

norrin radd
sorry, but it would never happen, you probably think that magneto can only control metal, that is wrong, read about him in one of the links i put in the beggining of the post and then you will understand.

JuggernautFan
grrrrr, magneto might be able to stalemate juggernaut, but couldn't ever bring him down. no matter how many lightning bolts or how much metal was binded to his body, or hurled in his direction. no matter how much iron magneto haulted in his body or manipulated. he would exhaust himself trying to put juggernaut down. hulk could reach magneto so long as he was in view. hulk can leap great distances. he can leap out of the atmosphere if he wished so. he is also good at intercepting objects at great distances or little distances with his leaping abilities. i don't see a reason why he couldn't get to magneto. once he does, magneto will fall to a single blow. magneto isn't all powerful. not by any means. he shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as. end of sentence start of a new one SILVER SURFER or THOR. thor once, absorbed his shield, thus he beat the crap out of him. silver surfer would smack him around, those 2 are complete and utter non sense for saying that magneto could. compete with silver surfer or thor. even magneto himself says he cares not to get into confrontation with thor.

norrin radd

JuggernautFan
thor also negated his own magnetic powers. juggernaut does not breathe. or eat. or drink. your mistake. not all metals are susceptable to magnetism either. if i recall right there are only 4 metals that are under the influence of magnetism. the odds aren't good for him being able to control a metal from another dimension are they??? what do you think controlling the iron in his blood is going to do exactly?? he cannot lift juggernaut from the ground, nor could he pin him to it. so long as juggernaut wished to move forward he would do so. magneto could do nothing except move backward to stay out of reach. i also told you about thor. he may have sent his hammer back to him, but thor also negated his magnetic fields around his body. he sent magneto on the run. later magneto said he wished no confrontation with thor any longer.

JuggernautFan
here's a quote for you also

"Just the three of us...against a joker with the power to knock down a mountain! Whatever happened to the WEAK villains like Magneto and the Sentinels?"

-Iceman on The Juggernaut

Wynndar
This sounds like its turning into a Jugy vs Magneto thread...It has already been demonstrated that magneto would have a better chance against juggy than the Hulk....Onslought trashed Jugy and was cracked by the Hulk...onslought has all the powers of magneto and more...again demonstrating how much stronger and dynamic the Hulk is over jugs...Jugfan, did u read the most recent confrontation between magneto and Thor....he made Thor look stupid...*Thor throws Mjolnir and it cant get through magneto's shield at all* "now u throw a rock at me?" - Magneto...although i dont think magneto would be able to withstand the full spectrum of Thor's powers...depending on the writer...Thor should be able to take magneto 1 on 1...but it would be close...unlike the Surfer....Some of Thor's powers r negated by magneto...but magneto seems like he has been continually upgraded over the past few years...so maybe he would be able to out power Thor...I think magneto would take juggy just because magneto's powers presently seem to be more vast than the power of the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak...that is the only way to beat jug.....be more powerful than the gem..but lots of people r....but back when they were relatively new characters, jugy would have taken him...does anyone remember Graviton? his powers were similar to magneto's...he is mortal too i think, but his powers dwarf magneto's...in fact the modern magneto seems like a copy cat

Wynndar
Hulk could take Magneto...but because of the nature of their powers...it would take a long time...Thor might be able to take him too on a really good day but Magneto has been upgraded and Thor downgraded lately...I think invisible woman would be interesting too...i dont think there is any reason to believe magneto could penetrate her shield...it takes Watcher level power to do that...and she could very easily produce a field inside magneto's body...like he has done to other people many times

Wynndar
These would be interesting battles for magneto:

1) Doctor Doom (although i still think it is more fun to see them team up)
2) Apocalypse
3) Kang the conquerer
4) Any really strong mystic (Dr. Strange, Diablo, etc.)

Darth Jello
hate to break it to you guys, but magneto killed phoenix. he was later himself killed when wolverine decapitated him. (new x-men 150). he's gone. this time it's really the end of him.

Never
Dunno if he actually killed her. They left that hanging for the readers to interpret individually. If he indeed killed her why did Beast find her still alive (hibernating) in the issues Silvestri pencilled (beautifully, I might add)?

JuggernautFan
oh geeze, do you people actually read the onslaugh stories or just post about them????? juggernaut was defeated within the confines of the astral plane, compliments of onslaught. onslaught also separated him from his mystic connection. he can't separate hulk from his power source. nor can he telepathically assault hulk like he did juggernaut. it's apples and oranges my friends. magneto posseses no telepathy, therefor wouldn't be able to harm juggernaut. as for thor being downgraded, i think basically all he has to do is use the odin power and dismiss just about anybody that he wished to with little effort. including magneto. but i'm not sure of his abilities in using the odin power, since it's been a while since i've picked up a thor comic.

Alex-Neo
But about apocolups (sp?) i think Magneto might win because his body is made of metal isnt it? (im not to hot on apocolyps), and did he really get decapatated by Wolverine???

JuggernautFan
not sure about the decapitation, but apocalypse i dont think is made of metal. hard to say since he has so much technology at his disposal. plus he can manipulate his own matter on a molecular level. i suppose he could look like metal, or actually be composed of it. just depends on what he wanted to do.

Alex-Neo
I see, but still would be interesting though.

norrin radd

norrin radd

norrin radd

Wynndar
being able to destroy the earth wouldnt help him in a fight...especially since he cant breath in space...and at the speed he is capable of in flight, he wouldnt get to a inhabitable planet for thousands of years...ummm....it has been mentioned that he can harness those fields...maybe alter the orbit...use the fields to increase his own power...but since when did the fields mean he could destroy the earth...invisible woman's powers r much more dynamic then u think much more than force fields...and onslought could not beat Hulk, he had all the powers of magneto at his disposal and was synergistically,vastly, and exponentially more powerful than magnus and Xavier combined...Magnus on his own would not be able to beat the Hulk, the nature of the Hulk's powers foil magneto's...

norrin radd

norrin radd

Never
Juggernautfan, you're way off-base.

Magneto manipulates any and all ferrous-based metals; in addition, he can manipulate any form of energy related to magnetism.

Magneto could give Juggernaut a planetary-scale aneurysm, stroke, blood clot, hematoma...good God, are you serious? LoL Magneto could trounce Juggernaut from 100 feet.

Graviton = gravity; Magneto is much more versatile.

Wynndar
hmmm...but gravitron seems like he has control over everything effected by gravity...which is everything made of matter....one time he dropped a sky skraper on the thing with simple gesture...it wasnt because there was metal in building, it was because it was matter...magneto can lift a lot of weight too...but he seems to struggle with it...Gravitron has always made his body super dense, and heavy, resulting in incalculable strength...he can also project destructive beams of energy...although im not sure its nature...Gravitron can fly through space, steal the correct mixture of gasses from nebula's and planets, producing a breathable personal atmosphere...magneto can do a lot of things too, but MUCH more versatile? i dont know about that one...gravitron just seems much more powerful too...its just his arrogance that gets him beat

JuggernautFan
but you are all making magneto out to be more than he is. in the ultimate universe, he was unable to force colossus down to the ground and pin him there. he could manipulate the iron in juggernaut's blood, but he couldn't force him in a direction that he didn't want to go. nor would he feel any pain from this act. none of magneto's abilities could hurt juggernaut. not heating him up. not stopping blood flow. not firing electricity. i'm not saying magneto could win, but his power wouldn't do anything to juggernaut either. remember, the crimson bands of cyttorak themselves are power unlimited. even juggernaut in the past has fired mystic bolts of energy. he has since forgoten this ability, or just wish's not to do so. but magneto has no protection from this what so ever. it also states that magneto can exhaust, or he cannot manipulate energies as well if he's in a weakened state. i don't see how he could stop either hulk nor juggernaut. hulk possibley by haulting his blood flow through the use of iron, but not juggernaut since he doesn't have to breathe. if he can't hold magneto to the ground, he cannot hold juggernaut. as for all the things you said that magneto could do to juggernaut, are you serious??? people make a big deal of hulk or wolverines healing factor. when juggernaut literally has instantaneous healing factor. nothing magneto could do would put juggernaut down, for very long. even being stripped of his flesh blood tendons nerves muscles couldn't stop juggernaut. this was done from a "cosmic threat". magneto cannot immitate this kind of power.

FrothByte
I know juggernaut doesn't need to breath, but if magneto coagelated juggy's blood and stopped the blood from reaching his brain he'd pretty much die on the spot. never mind if he doesn't feel it or doesn't get hurt by it. the brain needs blood to work.

LeAtHerRFace
Magneto?!? beating Juggernaut?!?! Are you f*ucking around? Juggernaut is kick the krap outta Magneto. But Magneto is waay cooler!

JuggernautFan
actually juggernaut's brain, is sustained by magic. he is sustained by it, and it alone. he has been stripped of his nerves, BLOOD, muscles, tendons, and flesh. everything except a helmet and bones were stripped away yet he still lived. i doubt that magneto coagulating his blood would do anything, except maybe, and i do mean maybe cause a discomfort.

norrin radd

Darth Jello
at the end of AOA, through intense concentration, maggs was able to tear apocalypse in half. so yeah, he can kill the big, fish lipped dope. I would really like to see a fight between him and a mutant seriously in his league, like Typhoid Mary, Sienna Blaze, or nate grey.

Wynndar
If Juggy's brain was sustained by magic then Nimrod shouldnt have been able to beat him...Magneto acauzing him an anurism would be more devestating and would probably kill him...If Juggernaut grabbed magneto around the neck, this would kill him...they can both beat one another, Magnus just doesnt need to be touching him to do it.

JuggernautFan
he jammed his neural impulses. he is sustained by his magic, but still uses his nervous system to function. it has to be interrupted to cause him to malfunction. also destroying any part of juggernaut will just regenerate, he has instantaneous healing factor. much higher, much more powerful than ANY character there is. so long as he's connected to his magics, he cannot, i repeat cannot die. magneto cannot cause stop him but for the briefest of moments. he would heal instantly from any physical attack. honestly i can tell that you people do not know his power.

norrin radd

JuggernautFan
he can, and he would. so long as he's connected to the magic. it isn't because his body is severed, it would simply grow back. his magic would regenerate any vital organ, any amount of blood, any part of his body, any hair follacle, any toe/finger nail. plus magneto would have to have a blade that was mystically forged to do so.

JuggernautFan
so it doesn't matter if magneto had 100,000 ton strength level, if he didn't have a blade forged mystically it would prove useless to pierce juggernaut's skin. much like wolverines claw's.

norrin radd
do you have any proof about this? that he would survive without his head, because i really never heard of that.

JuggernautFan
he wouldnt' survive "without his head" in a sense. it would grow back. so he would still have his head. marvel has stated several times that juggernaut is immortal.

Never
Um, NO Juggernaut does not. Instant healing factor after Onslaught smacked his ass from Canada to New York? He could not tell his feet from his fingers. Mind showing me an authentic bio wherein it mentions anything about Juggernaut's alleged "instant healing factor?" You must be referencing his one-time being invulnerable as he, again, WAS at one point able to withstand a metric ****ton of punishment.

Magneto cannot hold Juggernaut? That's BS, it depends on who is writing him. It is ENTIRELY within his power to do so. Making more out of Magneto? Are you familiar with the character? Maybe certain writers' characterizations were less than spectacular, but anyone who can unleash a GLOBAL ELECTROMAGNETIC PULSE (do you realize how powerful that is???) is oodles more versatile and dangerous than Juggernaut can EVER be.

Juggernaut = sheer brute strength. That is all. No quickness, no superior fighting ability, nada.

All the things I said Magneto could do to Juggernaut? Yes I am serious. Man will you consider coming over to Grant Morrison's messageboard? I'd like to post the query and see if he will respond.

Magneto cannot imitate WHAT power? You mean THIS Magneto?

"Although Magneto's power is not on the level of the Silver Surfer in his prime, it is for all practical purposes limitless." <----- LIMITLESS.

Magneto cannot imitate what power? Yes, the Gem can provide Juggernaut all of the oxygen and food that he needs, but uh if Magneto hurled him towards the sun? Extreme example but, AGAIN, certainly within his power.

JuggernautFan
well, once again, magneto failed to hold colossus to the ground. jean grey levitated juggernaut yet, he still advanced in the direction that he wished to go. despite having no physical footholds or leverage. so unless he binded metal to juggernaut, he wouldn't be able to throw him in a direction that he didn't wish to go. he doesn't have enough iron in his blood for him to directly manipulate. like i said, shatterstar gouged out juggernaut's eyes, in the next consecutive panel they grew back. he also cut juggernaut from head to to with his blades, yet in the next consecutive panel, they were all gone. juggernaut say's he heals Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal fast. he does have an instant healing factor. by the way the swords were mystically forged, that's why they could cut him. before you throw some lame excuse as to "if the swords could cut him, then magneto should be able to do this". as for onslaught, it was a junk crossover, the first battle wasn't even shown. all juggernaut remembers is that he was hit by onslaught, which could imply that it was an implanted memory. yes his helmet was on when he landed, but several times in the onslaught crossover, he had his mind read through his helmet, which is supposed to be psi proof. that's just like hulk being knocked out by a python....... bad writing. also the onslaught story, dr. strange says that onslaught severed cain marko from his connection with the ruby. that would imply that he was severely weakened.

JuggernautFan
also, a little help. there is a "what if" with juggernaut vs magneto, supposedly. is anybody aware of this???? it might help one side to clarify the situation a little better. even though what if's are sometimes way off base. sometimes they aren't. they also have no barring on mainstream marvel. but it could help one or the other in an arguement. anybody else heard of it before?

norrin radd

JuggernautFan
well doubt away. no wolverine has never cut juggernaut. not even once. his claws have struck him, but they have never penetrated. who say's magneto can control a metal from another dimension? proof? ha ha, it's hard to debate when you have no proof. maybe magneto can control all types of metal from this dimension, but who say's he can govern a metal from another dimension. certainly marvel has never addressed the issue. so who's to say it's even possible. juggernaut has regrown eyes, and he's immortal, he's even been stripped over everything but a helmet and bone. i'd say it's a safe bet to say he could grow anything back. considering he has to be completely severed from his magic's to die.

JuggernautFan
also, superman's molecules aren't binded the same way juggernaut's are. so long as it's a conventional attack, nothing can separate his the binding force of his molecules. much like uru, or true adamantium.

norrin radd

JuggernautFan
wasn't magneto having sex with rogue in some kind of chamber that shorted her mutant abilities? i remember reading it but cant remember off hand. as for juggernaut being immortal, he doesn't age, things that should have killed him dont. even hercules *who is immortal, as everybody knows* is stated that if enough of his body is displaced or destroyed he would die. something juggernaut has survived. unharmed. i doubt magneto could disconnect him from the gem using magnetics 1) thor using mjolnir couldn't completely sever him, 2)war hulks unlimited amounts of energy couldn't completely sever him 3) d'spayre used juggernaut's own magics against him, couldn't completely separate him.

but in all fareness onslaught was somehow doing it. with only the combined might of magneto and xavier. but it was shown to be on the astral plane. so it could be xaviers abilities that did it also. he trapped "his psyche" in the gem.

as for him getting chucked into the sun, you'd be surprised how many people bring this up. 1)magneto would have to bind enough metal to juggernaut to carry him, because he couldn't hurl his body directly, even then juggernaut would burst free of it. 2) would have to survive the vacuum of space. 3) would have to get close enough before juggernaut burst free to stop himself from going in a direction he wanted to go.

even then, who's to say that the sun would even eradicate his body? it's a physical attack. he's physically invulnerable. nothing that has to do with heat in the past has even given him notice. just because it surrounds his body makes no difference.

Never
LoL, this tells me you know little about Magneto. Sorry, Juggernaut is not more powerful than one of the very primal forces on earth: gravity.

"Magneto may be able to project any of these. He has also been shown creating an anti-gravity field,<<<<<<<< and presumably does so whenever he levitates a non-magnetic object.<<<<<<<<< Hence, Magneto may be living proof of the longsought Unified Field Theory that all forms of energy are related."

Not my words; his bio. Of course Juggernaut is able to be stopped when he is AIRBORNE. What on earth would make you think otherwise?

Issue and page # please?

Profile? Marvel quote? Anything? Bueller...? He does not have an instant healing factor. Period.

Dear God. You are really reaching now. Onslaught backhanded Juggernaut from Canada to New York...in real life. "Implanted memory." roll eyes (sarcastic)

LoL, as if Onslaught was just your run-of-the-mill "regular psi?" Can also opine that Juggernaut EVER beating Hulk is "bad writing," right? Since he IS "Earth's Mightiest Mortal."

If it is ferrous-based/able to be magnetized, Magneto controls it. Can come out of Anna Nicole Smith's cleavage...he still is master of it.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. He does not have to BIND METAL to him. How on earth do you think Magneto levitates HIMSELF and others? By binding metal to them? No!

Wynndar
All good points Never....I have to respect u for using the word Jabberwocky on another thread...Jean Grey might not be able to stop Juggy, but comparing her telepathy to Magneto's power is crazy, Magneto is on a whole different level...Juggy had his skin and muscle ripped off, however, it has been demonstrated that attacks to his peripheral nervous system can stop him, therefor if u cut off his head, he will at least go unconscious if he doesnt die....im guessing he would die...Nimrod's attack was NOT psionic, or mystical, it was physical...stopping the chemical neurotransmitters in his brain, so his synopsi work the same way as all of ours, thus if u cut off his head, or damage his brain, his synopsi and neurotransmitters would be much more hindered than they were when Nimrod attacked him...I will repeat, D'spayre blasting off all his skin and muscle had nothing to do with his peripheral nervous system...in fact i think the writer got a little carried away...anyway, we see from Juggy getting popped by Onslought that he does not heal instantly, and no bio will ever say that he does...additionally that battle also showed that he had finite stamina...if he healed instantly and had unlimited stamina, he would have gotten up at 100% and never been taken back down by Bishop...however u wont reply to anything i just said and will start making up some fantasy about juggy...i think u and wolverine8888 should have a thread where u argue with DBZ fans.

JuggernautFan
i will address all your issues individually, then let you have the whopper at the end.

"Juggy had his skin and muscle ripped off, however, it has been demonstrated that attacks to his peripheral nervous system can stop him" -- nimrod simulated psionics.plus his nervous systemwas disentegrated too. as long as it's physical it cannot stop his brain from functioning.

"D'spayre blasting off all his skin and muscle had nothing to do with his peripheral nervous system...in fact i think the writer got a little carried away" -- so because juggernaut performs a feat, it's carried away, but when something truely stupid, like the onslaught crossover happens, it's legitimate. please explain.

"wesee from Juggy getting popped by Onslought that he does not heal instantly, and no bio will ever say that he does" bio doesn't have to say it, he has already demonstrated it and stated it himself. why do you dispute facts???

"...additionally that battle also showed that he had finite stamina" -- even his bio will tell you that he has unlimited stamina. i dunno why on earth you would state this in your arguement. another reason why the onslaught crossover wasn't true to juggernaut's character.

"never been taken back down by Bishop...however u wont reply to anything i just said and will start making up some fantasy about juggy" juggernaut took bishop and gambit out just by jumping out of the water.

disregard onslaught, can anybody state anywhere in juggernaut's history that he has been hurt by physical force. or not demonstrated that he couldn't stand toe-to-toe with anybody he has faced. besides nimrod whom simulated psionics. juggernaut's weakness. everywhere i go, people cling to onslaught as thier savior as to why this person or that person can beat juggernaut. it wasn't true to his character. it was a farse.

as for the "what if" which actually has no barring on main stream marvel, i found a summary of it. it actually means nothing, and the fight could obviously go a different way, but here you have it...........

"The battleground was a lethally irradiated wasteland and Magneto blames The Juggernaut for causing it. They start fighting and the Juggernaut keeps running a conversation with Magneto so Magnus won't notice that Cain is steadily smashing through all his metal assaults. Eventually the Juggernaut has closed on Magneto and Magneto is weakening and can no longer fend off the Juggernaut and maintain his forcefield at the same time. The Juggernaut keeps coming and Magneto's forcefield fizzles out exposing Magneto to the radiation. There's no need to continue after that and after they talk for awhile Magneto dies at the Juggernaut's boots as Cain stands over him."
that was what if vol. 2 #94 "the kingdom of cain"

apparently i'm not the only one that thinks that juggernaut can defeat magneto.

JuggernautFan
"If it is ferrous-based/able to be magnetized, Magneto controls it. Can come out of Anna Nicole Smith's cleavage...he still is master of it." -- nobody said it was ferrous based. there is no evidence or even anything that would make one theorize that it is possible for magneto to be able to control it.

Not my words; his bio. Of course Juggernaut is able to be stopped when he is AIRBORNE. What on earth would make you think otherwise?

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jean grey levitated juggernaut yet, he still advanced in the direction that he wished to go.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Issue and page # please? -- uncanny x-men #13. one of his first appearances.

juggernaut say's he heals Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal fast. he does have an instant healing factor.

Profile? Marvel quote? Anything? Bueller...? He does not have an instant healing factor. Period. -- juggernaut has demonstrated a healing factor against thor and shatterstar. shatterstar cut his skin all up (mystically forged blade) healed next consecutive panel. shatterstar gouged out his eyes, healed next consecutive panel. thor negated his mystical energy, was suddenly able to harm/hurt juggernaut. when the energy returned he was......... you guessed it, instantly healed. i should have stated this sooner, it must have slipped my mind. --

"The Juggernaut's body is completely invulnerable. His skin cannot be broken and he is incapable of feeling pain or sustaining any form of injury from any conventional physical attack,regardless of the amount of force or energy exerted against him. He can however be jarred or dazed and has some susceptibility to sensory attacks though he is affected considerably less than a normal human being and will recover completely almost as soon as the attack is over"....... in case you didn't catch that last part "AND WILL RECOVER COMPLETELY ALMOST AS SOON AS THE ATTACK IS OVER"....

straight from the official handbood of the marvel universe. now that i have told you, and marvel's handbook has told you i don't think you should argue with the healing factor part.

"Wrong, wrong, wrong. He does not have to BIND METAL to him. How on earth do you think Magneto levitates HIMSELF and others? By binding metal to them? No!" -- doesn't matter, he can't hurl his body directly, he cannot force him in a direction that he doesn't want to go. how many times do i have to say it.

FrothByte
Sure thing. Juggernaut gave gladiator a full punch to the midsection and gladiator didn't even blink (that in itself stopped juggernauts forward momentum). Then gladiator backhanded juggernaut to the next island. care to debate?

FrothByte
Although i think juggernaut was more surprised than hurt, it sure as hell demonstrated that the unstoppable can be stopped, and that he wasn't really that powerful seeing as his punch couldn't even faze gladiator.

norrin radd

Wynndar
"plus his nervous systemwas disentegrated too. as long as it's physical it cannot stop his brain from functioning".....it wasnt disentegrated, like i said, the chemical neurotransmitters in his brain lost function, ur making shit up again...

Wynndar
"bio doesn't have to say it, he has already demonstrated it and stated it himself. why do you dispute facts???"
Yea but he also says he is unstoppable and that is a lie too...

Wynndar
"besides nimrod whom simulated psionics"....no....he did not, he produced a neurodisruptor, effected the neurotransmitters in his brain, Im in my third year as a pre-med student, this has nothign to do with psionics, which are not real, but neurotransmitters are.

Never
Known Superhuman Powers: The Juggernaut possesses untold power, mystical in nature, which enhances his strength to an as yet unknown degree and makes him a seemingly irresistible, unstoppable being. Once he begins to walk in a certain direction, no obstacle or force on Earth has been observed to be able to stop him. Apparently, only he can stop himself. Some obstacles (many tons of rock, for example) or forces (such as plasma-discharge cannons) may slow his pace considerably, but nothing has yet stopped him permanently from advancing.

Besides giving him vast superhuman strength, the mystical energy of Cyttorak gives the Juggernaut >>>>>an extraordinary degree of resistance to all forms of injury.<<<<< The Juggernaut can shield himself even further from injury by mentally surrounding himself with a force field. Enveloped by his force field, the Juggernaut has survived the fiery explosion of a truck transporting a huge quantity of oil without any injury whatsoever.
The Juggernaut can survive indefinitely without food, water, or oxygen. He is sustained by his mystical energies alone.

And that is straight from the Marvel Handbook. Where is your link to the Marvel Handbook please? Yours must be outdated.

So what happened when Onslaught backhanded him from Canada to New York? If he was INCAPABLE of feeling pain, why was he AFRAID? Does not make sense, does it. If he was incapable of feeling pain he would NEVER say so much as "ouch."

And apologies, but recovering ALMOST as SOON as the attack is over is NOT synonymous with RECOVERING INSTANTLY as you said.

I said ***IF*** it is.

Wrong. Juggernaut is not "stronger" than gravity. Again - do you know anything about physics?

And um, ONSLAUGHT sure sent Juggernaut in a direction he did not want to go, as did HULK. As did THOR.

How many times do I have to say it?

You are wrong.

norrin radd
true indeed, i totally agree.

DarkCrawler
Onslaught VS Juggernaut:
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/article/gemofcyttorak8.jpg

DarkCrawler
Oh, and Jean Grey had soooo strong powers back then...

Wynndar
Excellent picture, i never saw that....

JuggernautFan

JuggernautFan
"Pretty much. It was in the FoxKids cartoon version of the M'Kraan crystal story. In the comics it was Firelord who was attacking the X-Men and got pitched into the ocean but I guess they didn't think Firelord was popular enough to use so they remade it so Juggernaut was who got tossed instead. " ----- there is the answer to your gladiator. it didn't even happen in comics. that was pathetic. that's like a low blow in boxing.....................................................

norrin radd

norrin radd
GREAT IMAGE darkcrawler, juggernaugh looks like a little girl crying.

Maelstrom
Magneto needs to turn his attention to outerspace and start controlling the magnitisim of the universe. He is empowered by the very Earth and his body is a self generator. That makes him twice as deadly as his own power. Now if he were to use himself and the earth as a conduit to the vast energies of outerspace, mabey with a device like in the X-men movie, a magnetic cerebro, then we would see if The honorable Xavier would suddenly have a problem with someone else enhanceing their power like he does with that little cerebro.

norrin radd

norrin radd

Alan2099
Now let's say for sake of argument, Magneto's powers don't work AT ALL on Juggernaut. let's just say, whether you belive it or not, that Magnus cannot control the iron in Juggernaut's blood stream, the metal his armor is made out of, or the magnetic field that surrounds him.

No problem. Juggernaut, regardless of his healing facotrs and invulnerabilit CAN feel pain. He's been hurt when Shatterstar cut his eyes out, he's been hurt when Deadpool poured molten lead on him. it might not stop him, but it's enough to distract him. All Magneto would have to do is wait until Juggernatu laughed really loud or yelled, anything that got his mout wide open. Then magneto uses his powers to fill Juggernaut's lungs and stomach with metal. Not only with this bother lugnut, it will give Magento something to control. So he can use the metal he put in the guy to toss him into space.

Or if you still don't belive that Magneto could toss him, then he coul;d scoop him up in metal dumptruck and toss the thing he's standing on into space.

As for other fights, I've always kinda wanted to see magneto fight Superman.

Never
X-Men discovered that Magneto had been masquerading as Xorn (originally thought Magneto was killed in Genosha). Magneto gave Phoenix a planetary-scale stroke. She was struggling to fight the effects. One or two panels later Wolverine cut off his head...right after Magneto switched the north and south poles, thus warping the very fabric of the space-time continuum.

Time then advanced 150 years into the future.

norrin radd
thanks

Alex-Neo
So Magnus could do all of that and yet you still belive he couldent beat juggernaut? And what hapend to jean? after magneto gave her a stroke did she die? and did he die forever after having his head cut off? i mean surgens can do wonders these days.

eleveninches
Maybe they could reveal that the magneto that got killed was actually a clone.
Or they might find that the military/SHIELD have been able to clone a new magneto as a living weapon in the weapon plus programme.

Alex-Neo
yea that would be pretty kool!

eleveninches
Or that they got the DNA of Xavier and Magneto, and genetically engineered a new version of onslaught.

Alex-Neo
Yea but isnt Onslaught evil?
And here is a new one how about
Magneto Vs. Nate Grey

eleveninches
Nate Gray would win this one.
He is just as powerful, if not more powerful than jean is.
He even managed to kill sinister in AOA.

Alex-Neo
Arr right actually yea i always wonderd about sinister what the heck is he? and whats his powers? just healing?

and what about Magneto Vs. Sinister

Alex-Neo
And couldent Megneto just give Nate Grey a blood clot to stop him? and then crush him with metal? or even stop him in his tracks because he can stop humans because they have magnetic forces dont they?

eleveninches
Nate would be able to kill magneto before erik can even think of killing nate.
Magneto is the master of magnatism. Nate is probably the master of psionic energy. It really depends on which one of them attacked first.

norrin radd
nate grey killed sinister in AOP, magneto killed apocalypse in AOP

eleveninches
Yeah. Like I said, it would really depend on who stikes first, and i cant imagine magneto sneaking up on nate without nate becomming aware of it.

Alex-Neo
Yea didnt magneto rip him in half?

eleveninches
Nate would have the initiative in this battle, and would not let magneto get into a position in which he could pose a serious threat.

norrin radd
YEAH

JuggernautFan
actually he didn't feel pain from deadpool, and shatterstars swords were made with science and magic. that would explain why it could cut/hurt him. yes magneto could toss him into space. but what a battle it would be huh. i'd definately by that comic. magneto fly's in, traps juggernaut in the back of a dump truck and before he can bust it up he is left in outerspace floating. doesn't sound like a very exciting battle to me. maybe that's what you people like to read, but hey to each his own.

norrin radd

Alan2099
Never said it would be an entertaining fight, but comics are full of quick one punchfights or people trying to stop guys way out of their league and getting trashed for doing it.

There is one comics that this brings to mind though, an old issue of What If? It was twards the end of the run. I can't remember the number but the title was What if...Starring Juggernaut. he actually did get to fight magneto there. Granted magneto was weak and dying, but you still might want to check it out. You can probably get it quite cheap.

Maelstrom
i think magneto can magneticlly hold his body together. by that i mean his cells are magnetic. He heals normally but he can apply the most effective pressure that magnitisim can offer, meaning you can destroy his body and he need just wait for it to heal. He is living magnitisim, so even when he dies, where we are composite carbon he is composite carbon, magnitism. His mutant power brings that composite life. A portion of magnitisim attached to the infinite.
Juggernauts invulnerability is to motion, thus nothing can stop the juggernaut. He would need to be beat by something besides movement. We dont' know all the ways to fight, but there are other things besides connectives, and Cain can't increase his invulnerablity, naturally. Someone with the ability to make objects travel faster than light could erase cain by using speed as their weapon. Also, drop him in a black hole where light cannot move and he would cease to exist, using the stop of motion at its slowness as a weapon. Magneto does not possess that level of power.

JuggernautFan
i already did check it out as soon as i heard about it. magneto wasn't weak until he started the battle. it was on a radiated battle ground. juggernaut smashed through all magneto's defenses, eventually magneto weakened himself to where he could't protect himself from the radiation and fend juggernaut off at the same time. so he let down his sheild.

jamond1
can Apocalypse beat magneto??

JuggernautFan
are you obsessed with apocalypse? if apocalypse was written properly, he would decimate magneto. but writers now-a-day's do not do this. insteady they make a-pack-of-lips look bad and weak. but, i think he could do it. 1) he is just as versatile if not more so. 2) he is stronger, has just as many offensive/defensive capabilities. 3) he has celestial tech at his disposal. if i was a writer i know who i would have win. but i'm not a writer.

Asian Hulk
Do you think Magneto crushed the Hulk and SpideY??

norrin radd
off course he can crush the hulk and spidey

norrin radd

FrothByte
yes he can. but magneto could also beat him. i think a more interesting fight would be apocalypse vs. juggernaut. (something for you to think about) now, on with the thread >>>>>>>>>>>>

Darth Jello
one question, could he stand a chance against Sienna Blaze? all i remember about her is that she is one of the upstarts and that her magnetic powers are so messed up and out of control, she risks destroying the entire planet every time she uses them. what about Typhoid Mary? shield or no shield, she could ignite magneto's armour and body with a single thought.

norrin radd

havok801125
rogue has beaten him roll eyes (sarcastic) ....if you get my drift

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.