Easter Egg? Somone besides me HAD to have noticed this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gtsecc
I am convinved of this, but some folks think it is too much of a stretch. Did anyone notice Bill's License plate on the Jeep?

gtsecc

roundisfunny
On a slightly-related topic:

In "Boogie Nights", the Don Cheadle character tries to sell a customer the TK421 stereo speakers. TK421 was the designation of one of the stormtroopers Luke and Han subdued when the Falcon was first taken aboard the Death Star ("TK421, why aren't you at your post?"wink.

In "Back to the Future", the opening scene shows Marty starting up a giant amplifier. The first step he takes is to turn a key with the legend "CRM 114" underneath it. That was the coding device on the plane in "Dr. Strangelove".

Finally, in "Raising Arizona", when Gale and Evelle are in the gas station restroom, we see a couple of configurations of the "POE" code General Ripper used in "Dr. Strangelove".

CLH
Can you be more specific about this? I read this somewhere else where somebody was claiming the screen in 2001 was a reference to Lucas' THX 1138 movie. That can't be true because 2001 was released 2 years BEFORE THX 1138. I thought maybe they added it to a screen in 2001 when they did the remaster for the DVD release (in 2001). I watched the DVD all the way through and could not find any HAL screen with "THX SW GL 1138" on it. Can somebody provide specific details about exactly what screen and what scene in the movie you can see this?

What I heard is that Lucas got THX 1138 from his phone number where he lived when he did the original student film. THX are corresponding letters from the first 3 numbers of his phone number (849).

Yassin
'Bill's Hattori Hanzo has a Darth Maul on it'

WOW...that"s right..nice one,never noticed it!!!

Bierbommetje
Yeah, in Galactic Battlegrounds the Stormtroopers sometimes say: "THX 1138 ready, sir" or something in that direction.

Ronnie Van Zant
I don't think its no Darth Maul. Its maybe supposed to be a devil. Heres why I think so. (not to say youre wrong but this is just my theory)

There was a man named Hattori Hanzo that was actually around in the Edo Period of Japan (ferget the excact years). He was a ninja/samurai that worked for the shogun and he was called "Devil Hanzo" quite often. Assuming Hanzo made BiLL's sword, what you see on the scabbard is the "Devil" from "Devil Hanzo"

Just thought Id share that with yall

Yassin
Interesting point. Well i guess you're right about the devil thing,but i think Quentin did actually used some carasteristics of Maul.....but anywayz,you solved my question why the hell Hattori would place a demon on he scabbard.smile Now i know,thx

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.