Coffee and Cigarettes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

caballera
many people have not heard of this movie but it looks great. Check out the trailer at www.budweiser.com/1 It has Bill Murray, Cate Blanchett, Robert Benigni, Alfred Molina, and many more. Big cast. Really funny.

forumcrew
yea ive heard of it.. it looks interesting.. im not sure if i like the idea yet or not

Myth
I'll have to check it out. I've heard that the trailer wasn't even worth watching but maybe that person was wrong. I'm too busy right now though.

vagaryatwill
I saw this trailer a while back. Interesting. I guess entertaining, too. Anyway, looks like it could be decent.

caballera
It's not exactly commercial, big budget material, but I tend to like the smaller, more obscure films.

Max Power
i really want to see this movie. I thought it was on DVD already though.

caballera
Yeah, i think it was released at film festivals in 2003, and now it's coming out in theatres.

caballera
i found this at imdb: This film had its original start as short film for Saturday Night Live. The film evolved into a series of eleven Coffee and Cigarette dialogues. Jarmusch described the process of familiar themes matched with different combinations of characters like playing a chess game. Lot of checkered patterns in this film. The actors all had a shot in helping develop the characters. Tom Waits improvised his discussion of music and medicine. Tesla is a reoccurring theme because both Jack White and Jarmusch share a fascination with Nikola Tesla's discovery of terrestrial stationary waves.

scubamonkey
I'm looking forward to this one. The only Jim Jarmusch film that I haven't been completely enamored with is "Night on Earth". And this is his first since "Ghost Dog" (which I loved).

caballera
I need to check out his films. After seeing this trailer, I think I really like his style.

FozzyFozbourne
Am I right saying it's a bunch of conversations? If so I'm really looking forward to it, nice concept.
I like film dialogue that is true to life but has that movie taste to it, like anything Tarantino has written, I'd say including Kill Bill (in Volume 2 in particular, eg: "Which 'R'... ya filled with?" or Bill's fish monologue).
Anyway going off topic there.

<<Solo>>
The Trailer was the sh!t... It was awesome.

caballera
At first i thought you said the trailer was sh!t instead of the sh!t, and I was about to slap you. Then i realized you still rock.

caballera
Also, I do think it's a bunch of conversations but intertwined in some effective way. I just can't wait.

Tired Thins
Okay, I rented this movie today and it wasn't as good as I expected. It has eleven shorts in it with a bunch of actors who actually play themselves. It is dialogue driven and sometimes seems pointless. I respect Jim Jarmusch for his originality and creativity, but this time around, I don't think he made a very interesting and provocative enough film, like his past films such as Dead Man with Johnny Depp. There were decent moments in it, but they were few and far between. I thought the best shorts were the one with Alfred Molina and the guy that was in 24 Hour Party People. The other was with RZA and DZA from Wu Tang Clan, who bump into Bill Murray at a coffee shop, that one was actually the funniest and most entertaining, but was still not all that funny and entertaining unless you compare it to the other shorts in the film. The best I can give it, it was slightly entertaining and just good to see some of the actors involved, because I am a big fan of many of the actors who were in it. erm

BlackC@t
I heard about it, and I'm thinking of checking it out. After all, it has Doc Ock in it! eek!

Tired Thins
Seriously, it's worth checking out, just don't expect anything spectacular. Molina is kinda funny in it, he plays himself, but still, I'm just comparing his short to the others and I didn't think any of them were very spectacular. erm I'd like to hear your opinion on this film, so I think you should see it for discussion's sake.

BlackC@t
I just don't know if it comes out in cinemas here, or if it's already been out, or if it's already out to rent.

movieman
I loved this film! It was just so amazing.

Man, so funny. I loved all the skits except for the one with the white stripes. My favorites were the Cate Blanchett one, and the Steve Coogan/Alfred Molina one.

gregmss
it is out on dvd

Jackie Malfoy
I like the trailer thanks for showing that to me!
Can't say I like the title since that is like my mom in a way because she loves coffee and smokes! mad So when is this movie coming out?JM Happy Dance

Cinemaddiction
Note RZA's "Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai" ski cap. wink

Hmm, interesting flick. Skipped the convos of those whom I wasn't familiar, however. Jack and Meg White, as well as RZA/GZA w/ Bill Murray were the most entertaining.

Curl_Up&Dye
After watching The Royal Tenenbaums, I learned one very important lesson....

just because the budget could afford an entire big name cast, doesn't mean it will be a high quality movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.