only fools and horses

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dean7879
this is the best sitcom eva. simple

dean7879
no one want to comment on the official no 1 best sitcom in britain....and in my opinion in the world ??

Red Superfly
Whats to commnet? Everybody knows its awesome.

It's like the only thing apart from Dads Army that I can talk about with pretty much EVERYONE, about. Grandparents, parents, younger brothers, friends young and old, everybody has seen it and likes it.

Darkseed
It is the best sitcom ever, period.

"Rodney You Dipstick" - Delboy to Rodney.

"Hello Dave" - Trigger who when speaking to Rodney.

Just adding the quotes so as some who are not familiar to it will know who they are from, if there is anyone who`s not familiar with it big grin .

dean7879
lol....my fav episode is when the chandelear falls from the ceiling...that episode is pure genius

fav quote
grandad was about as useful as a pair of sunglasses on a bloke(guy) with one ear. - del boy talkin to rodney about their grandad

matchbox_dan
only fools is time less, just as funny now as it was 10 years ago.

the best one is when they dress up as batman and robin, and they run down that road. and the bit after when roodney punchs his hand and says 'del, lets go!'. classic batman line used very well there.

i was raised on classic batman, so i loved that episode

Devalion
Love it!

Mr Zero
One of, if not the most, moronic shows ever on Tv. It's popularity with midle brow middle england should tell you everything you need to know about it. Comedy for Sun reading lager swilling retards and people who like the same shit served up the same way over and over again. Dull Dull Dull - may they never make another second of this over-rated crap.

Devalion
A pesimistic view always seems to dampen things......thanx! blink

cermiestar
i love it when del tries to speak french stick out tongue

dean7879
lol at mr zero

Domino*
I like it especially the 'Batman and Robin' clip.

dean7879
Only Fools and Horses is a wonderful mix of dodgy but loveable characters (such as Del Boy's dimwit friend Trigger), knockabout slapstick (no one falls down with as much comedic grace as Jason), and brilliantly crafted dialogue. The show ran seven seasons and ended with characteristic warmth in 1991, when Del Boy became a father; but the Trotters made occasional returns to the small screens with six hugely popular one-off Christmas specials. As Del Boy himself might say: "Lovely jubbly."

Often touted as the best British sitcom ever, Only Fools and Horses tells the story of the crafty cockney huckster Derek Trotter (David Jason), who has finally found the perfect scheme which he is convinced will make him a millionaire within a year! Del's kid brother Rodney (Nicholas Lyndhurst) and his sweet but doddery old granddad (Lennard Pearce) have seen 'em all, however, from the one-legged turkeys to the Old English vinyl briefcases which no one can open. Even the Trotter's car, the 3-wheeled Robin Reliant, is forever slightly off balance. Brilliantly written and populated by a colorful cast of characters, Only Fools and Horses boasts 13 top comedy awards including 2 British Academy Awards for Best Comedy Series, and its 2002 Christmas special was viewed by 2 out of 3 households in the U.K. As Del-boy himself would say: "Lovely jubbly!"
Only Fools and Horses is Britain's Best Sitcom. After weeks of voting, Del Boy, Rodney and Co. has been given the ultimate comedy accolade! The voting started last summer to find the Top Ten from a list of 100 British sitcoms. Since the start of 2004 the public have been voting by text, phone and online, to decide which programme will receive the ultimate comedy accolade of Britain's Best Sitcom. Here is the final Top Ten at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sitcom/winner.shtml

fuct_up_kid
i actually find that very offensive. i have never read the sun in my life and i don't drink lager, yet i think OFAH is hilarious.

dean7879
that guy is pathetic who needs a good kick up the arse

Abbita
Rodney you plonker big grin

dean7879
what a 42 carot plonker u really are!!

Abbita
laughing out loud i love del-boy, he reminds me of my uncle

one day rodney, we will be millionaires!!!!

ragesRemorse
these guys sell anything

fuct_up_kid
yeah they sell a load of crap. like russian video cameras or something like that. and ski clothes in summer.

dean7879
it was funny when rodney bought some sun tan lotion to sell durin the winter..lol

amity75
I have to agree with Mr Zero here. Hilarious as the program is I always think of cockney wanker from Viz whenever I see it. That's not so much the programs fault as The Sun, which latches onto popular "British" icons and drags them down to its level of ****, arse and lies.

dean7879
ofah rules!

_Matrix_Neo_1_

T.M
batman & robin scene without a doubt the funniest thing I've seen on TV.

dean7879
yeah that was hilarious

_Matrix_Neo_1_
Du du du du du du du du...du du du du du du du du...Del Boy and Rodney laughing

_Matrix_Neo_1_
Favorite scenes:
Someone - I'm meeting a girl tonight...
Mike - I've got a pub to run...
Trigger - and I lost my dolphin. <<<<laughing

Later in the show:
Rodney - Everything he seems to touch goes wrong....
*bus blows up*
Our bus just blew up....

Grandad - Del, your breakfast ready.
Del - Oh, ur no thanks Grandad, I'm on a diet.
Grandad - Oh...Rodney, your breakfast ready!

Tony and his R's, that was funny....big grin
Tony - Cwying

dean7879
or when del walks into the toilets and he's upset cos he thinks his past girlfriend had a child by him but kept it secret

trig: alright del?
del: no trig i am not..i dont know what im gonna do! what am i gonna do?
trig: dont worry, i'll help u out< trig walks over to the cubicle and knocks door
trig: hey!! hurry up comon theres someone out here who wants to use the toilet!!
<Del looks confused>
del: no trig!

LOL

dean7879
i also find del's french phrases hilarious

T.M
trig: alright del?
del: no trig i am not..i dont know what im gonna do! what am i gonna do?
trig: dont worry, i'll help u out< trig walks over to the cubicle and knocks door
trig: hey!! hurry up comon theres someone out here who wants to use the toilet!!
<Del looks confused>
del: no trig![/quote/

that cracked me up lol

_Matrix_Neo_1_
Oh yeah, I remeber now, I was just thinking but I remember now, that was funny laughing

dean7879
that is bonnet de douch neo

lol

_Matrix_Neo_1_
laughing I love that phrase he says
"Bonnet de douch Rodney."

_Matrix_Neo_1_
"What's all this quiggly stuff in Chinese?"

"No, no, no that's English, the Japanese is Chinese." <---(That's not right, something like that)

"We've got to learn there lingo."

"We?"

"We we, the French I like it, already you're picking up the lingo."

laughing out loud

wicker_man
One of the best shows to grace television.

_Matrix_Neo_1_
I'm at school at the minute
OFAH is the best! big grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grin

T.M
another great moment was when del boy fell through the bar when he was with trig LMAO when i saw that

dean7879
i like the scene in the club when they spot what they think are two girls at the bar...del goes over to them and then he goes over to rodney

del: comon rodney, drink up, we're leavin
rodney: ohh nice one my son, u are the last livin miricle on this earth, are they a couple of ravers?
del: they're a couple of geezers!

LOL

_Matrix_Neo_1_
I thought that scene with Del & Trig was funny too...laughing
Del: Nice and cool son, nice and cool you know what I mean...
*Del falls*
Comedy, just comedy, it's a word that describes OFAH, there are lots of words that describe it.....

1. Funny
2. Great
3. Classic
4. Hilarious

Still thinking....

_Matrix_Neo_1_
Guess what?

My friend Wayne gets the OFAH magazine, he's just nuts on OFAH, I told him about killermovies and about there being a OFAH chat board that someone created (dean of course wink).

I showed him at school, we were aloud on the interent to do whatever we want if we finished the ICT work so that was nice of the teacher (it was a supply)

You should really talk to Wayne, he just LOVES OFAH, he talks about it allllll the time (well he use to but now not as much).

It's funny to say that talking about it allllll the time it actually could get boring at times, we'd be like "Oh no, Only Fools and Horses again.....*yawn*

I'm not saying OFAH is boring, it never will be! It's just Wayne talks about either OFAH, wrestling (that's boring) or something else...

_Matrix_Neo_1_
Like I said, if he joins this site then you should really talk to him, he knows a lot about it and he'll talk for hours (that might be a downside though....:lolsmile

_Matrix_Neo_1_
No one's posted yet....

Something I'd also like to add:

"You dosey like twonk Rodney!"

Plus, in one of Wayne's OFAH magazines it has little french phrases and one is 'Menage a trois' and it says it ment, I think 'You dosey little twonk' but it was wrong....me and Wayne didn't think of this did we...?

Everyone knows Del's French is bad and in the magazine it was supposed to be wrong, it's what Del says.

It really means... (this is what Miss at school told us anyway) ...'3 in a bed'.

Oh god, we had to laugh....laughing It's a bit sick but you just couldn't help it...

dean7879
lol...i dont think del knows what the french phrases mean

cracked me up when he said the french phrase,

crew da tayo a platt!!!

LOL i pissed myself at that

or when he said 'AJAX' to the dutch people cos he thought it meant hello..
and when he said monchengladbach to the german girl ..lol

_Matrix_Neo_1_
Hahaha

I also like the scene where they go to France to Albert's something (when he died) in this little village.

Del says "I bet half of them don't know the wars over." Then they all here the car going bang and duck.

Also later when the were talking about Albert liking the ladies and "kept himself busy", you saw all his sons.

"There's another one, they should have called this place Trottersville."

Lol laughing out loud

_Matrix_Neo_1_
Do you know what 'crew da tayo a platt' means?

dean7879
havent got a clue what it means

yeah its really funny when they go to represent albert in france
cracks me up when del says to rodney, 'never mind captain corelli's mandelin, its more like captain birdseye's banjo!

lol

_Matrix_Neo_1_
And when Rodney says to Del "More like a Frank Spencer." Lol laughing

T.M
"ala bru shet" cracked me up hysterical thats kinda what he said anyway laughing out loud

dean7879
or when del trys to talk to the german girl in the pub..

del says somethin in french to her, she then thinks he speaks french and starts talkin in french to him...del looks puzzled and slowly turns around and walks to the bar and say...no she dont speak french either mike!

lol quality

wicker_man
This show is Brit gold and is one of the only comedy shows that i can watch over and over again - like Fawlty Towers. This is the face of UK comedy.

_Matrix_Neo_1_
Fawlty Towers is good too wink

Yeah, I watched one on Wednesday, it was about Albert being mugged but really he had a fight will Knock Knock because they were fight over Marleen's mum. laughing out loud

T.M
who's there?

knock knock

hysterical

dean7879
a royal flush is a funny episode...especially when del and rodney go to the opera..del treats it like a cinema....thats one of the funniest ofah scenes eva

wicker_man
One scene that always got me was when Rodney (dressed as Robin) was chasing a robber got to a dead end, stopped, him and the robber locked looks and the robber began chasing him. My mate brought me the episode for dvd so i may watch it later.

T.M
the funniest fawlty towers is when he has a concussion and the Germans are there LMAO at that episode every time i see it

wicker_man
German Man - "Stop it"
Basil Fawlty - "You started it"
German Man - "No we didn't"
Basil Fawlty - "Yes you did, you invaded Poland".

T.M
hystericalhysterical

thats the one

hystericalhysterical

_Matrix_Neo_1_
I think I remember that laughing out loud

dean7879
i think it was a mistake to do the last three episodes
what do u think?

T.M
i agree the last few episodes were really bad IMO

dean7879
i didnt think they was bad..its just that it didnt feel the same because of uncle albert not being there...the episode when they became millionaires and they walked of into the sunset together,it was a terrific and perfect ending to a series eva....well it could of been
it annoys me cos most the fans was beggin john sulliven to create some more episodes..and when he does, everyone starts moaning that they was crap...what did u expect?!!

T.M
i totaly agree they sould have left it there.

i heard they are going to make a prequel to it when del boy was in school i think this is a bad idea no Albert and prob no Rodney or he will be very young what u think about this??

dean7879
yeah it sounds a bad idea but it could be interesting and i would like to see a couple of episodes..u never know..it might be funny...seeing dels mom and dad could also prove interesting

T.M
yeah it will be interesting i will still watch them if they are made anyway but i think it isn't a good idea to make a prequel

_Matrix_Neo_1_
I'm sure Wayne posted on this board....(he joined big grin)

dean7879
yeah i think ive saw him in some other threads
has anyone saw licenced to drill? its a dvd which shows unseen footage from ofah....some of them are quite funny..i reccomend u check the dvd out

_Matrix_Neo_1_
No, he posted on other boards, why hasn't he been here yet?

I know he just loves OFAH, loves it too much laughing

Look for 04wayne wink

04wayne
My favourite episode is when they become MILLIONAIRES!!! That episode is pure genius

04wayne
Anyone who thinks that any episodes of OFAH are bad surely doesn't know what they are talking about

Blue Dragon
They should have left it there.

04wayne
No they shouldn't have left it there. In my opinion OFAH's last three episodes were it's best. 27 million viewers!!!

Blue Dragon
Yeah but listen you fool!!!!pissesWhat happened after the millionnaire crises should have happened before, Damion being the age he is, stuff happening etc...should have swapped THEN had millionnaire win & The End. happy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.