The Jedi Purge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gandalf Of Lore
Anyone have an idea of how the Jedi Purge will be like. Or a really cool scenario?

VengeanceGOD
My idea:

A lot of Jedi will be killed.

Ushgarak
And no guarantee it will be seen on screen, instead taking place between III and IV.

Red Superfly
Tarkin says "You my friend are all that is left of their religion" in Episode 4.

My estimate is that every single Jedi gets wiped out, and I was also wonderring if Vader thinks Obi-Wan and Yoda are dead?

It seems as though the Empire assumes all Jedi are dead - they must not know about Obi-Wan and Yoda being alive (this is also apparent when Vader "senses" Obi-Wans presense on the Millenium Falcon - he acts angry and surprised). This leads me on to thinking that in Episode 3 there will be a mass slaughtering - with Vader killing some, the newly turned Stormtroopers killing many, General Grievous wiping out a few big ones etc.

I think one of the things Lucas really wanted to put across to fans was how the Jedi were wiped out - it's central to the plot. Leaving people to just "guess" what happened between 3 and 4 would be SO lame.

Ushgarak
Well, it seems very likely that the purge- which has to be of thousands after all- takes place between the films, ans the Jedi are hunted down and killed one by ome. That is certainly how all time lines have it, though nothing is for certain at this point.

It makes just as much sense that way for people like Tarkin to assume all the Jedi are dead. He thinks Kenobi is dead, but when Vader insists otherwise, it is not as if Tarkin says "Don't be stupid, we all KNOW we killed them all!" Instead, he acts in a professional manner.

Even more to the point, he says "Surely he must be dead BY NOW", indicating the elimination of a Jedi is an ongoing process over time, not a single event.

yerssot
last official update about this is that the Purge will be seen in EpIII but ONLY the start of it, the official comment about it is something in the lines of it being impossible to shoot thousands of thousands of jedi getting killed

Ushgarak
Indeedy-doody.

schill142
It makes sense that if anything we will only see the first part of the purge if me do sit any of it at all, especially when you consider all that is supposed to take place in Episode III, including:

-More Clone war battles
-Grievous being introduced, Grievous showing he's the baddest Jedi-killer, then getting killed.
-Sifo Dias being revealed
-Dooku being killed
-Mace Windu being killed
-Sidious being uncovered
-Disappearing Jedi being explaned
-Anakin turning on OB1
-The Duel
-Darth Vader being born and named
- Th Jedi twins being born
-Padme's Death
-Foundation of the Empire
etc

Rogue Jedi
i imagine we will see some of the purge. but, as ush stated, the bulk of it will be in between III and IV.

Gandalf Of Lore
Well, it seems very likely that the purge- which has to be of thousands after all- takes place between the films, ans the Jedi are hunted down and killed one by ome. That is certainly how all time lines have it, though nothing is for certain at this point.

Ushgarak you are probably right in my opinion we might see major Jedi killed and the temple blown up or something like that. I hope they do it
though.

sad

Red Superfly
Add to that list how Obi-Wan and Yoda have ended up on Dagobah and Tatooine respectively and explain how Leia is a princess on Alderaan.

yerssot
she got adopted by Bail Organa who apperently has a royal title, think that shouldn't need to be explained

Ushgarak
Well, yes, but from continuity purposes we would expect to see that Bail HAS a royal title. Heck, they didn't even name him on-screen yet...

Would only take two seconds though.

Rogue Jedi
i just realized that. that they never said "hey, bail organa" in AOTC.

bigsef3
it would be neat if GL allowed another director, a darker, grittier director, create a trilogy of movies to fill in the gap between the Prequels and Originals. The trilogy could incorporate part of the "feel" of the star wars universe but be much darker and tell the story of how the jedi were hunted down and destroyed. a TV anthology series would probably be more suited to this sort of thing, but its just an idea.

Julie
Well, I think Leia's childhood would make a good story...but only short story because no one wants to read 900 pages of fake hist...or maybe they do...what do i know

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.