Realistic Games vs Nonrealistic Games

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LeAtHerRFace
Which do you prefer?

I actually like both. Sometimes I get to bored of kicking everyones ass in UT cuz its all unrealistic. So I like to switch over to Counter Strike, so it evens it up. Half unrealistic and realistic. eek!

§pearhead
Realistic. From Legacy of Kain when you're a way walking dead guy to starcraft when you're blasting aliens (or you're blasting humans if you play as the aliens), I just like these better.

Plus "realistic" games never seem all that realistic.

Raventheonly
Um realistic is like RainbowSix or Ghost Recon rather.... One shot and your dead, no jumping to escape bullets somehow.... realism is fun sometimes for skill but unrealistic games are definetly longer...

HockeyHorror
i like minor Realistic.

i dont like unrealistic games like UT, Quake etc etc

VengeanceGOD
Well, I hate counterstrike, and I love UT, so I guess unrealistic. smile

HockeyHorror
Counter STrike is unrealistic. it takes alot of shots to die with a normal handgun. (usp, glock etc etc)

§pearhead
Holy ****, thats the biggest typo of my life.

Unrealisitic, I mean embarrasment

ragesRemorse
the only thing about realistic games is that there never fun to play, The controlling and gameplay is not smooth. The concepts are damn great. I love ghost recon, i mean that is one of the funnest games i have ever palyed. that is realism at it's best for dealing with military. However you get games like Hitman and rainbow six. These are both good games, but its the controls that destroy it for me. the controls for hitman are to painstaking everytime you have to change a weapon, or decide what you want to do at a door. now those are good condepts but when the game pauses it just seems to interupt the pace. Same for rainbow six and changing between people.

LeAtHerRFace
Bullet Protection?...

Raventheonly
dude get shot with a rifle in the chest even with body armor and stand back up, i don'tt care who you are your goining down and might as well be dead... in rainbow you get hit big a rifle with body armor on the world goes blurry for like 15 sec showing that you are messed up even though you survived....

SaTsuJiN
I like a mix of the two to be in 1 game... like perhaps a fighting game with realistic characters that can jump anime-like. Fantasy seems to compliment realism very nicely. I mean look at the matrix series visual effects.... realism with fantasy.

on a side note, even though CS has supposed 'real' elements, the game is freakin 4 years old for christs sake.... theres no way you could call it realism.. it just doesnt have the physics for it. Only thing that classifies it as realism is the fact that you get shot in the head once you die. Also, (to agree with raven) if you get shot with a desert eagle and you got body armor on... you're still going down from some serious hurt.

DracotheDragon
You can't say which is better because GTA3 is unrealistic and realistic at the same time. Both are greatest.

HockeyHorror
Glock- it takes at LEAST 3 or more perfect shots to the head for a head shot.

laughing out loud

Ushgarak
'How real can you get?' and 'How real is desirable?' are two important questions in gaming. People love realism in, say, a WWI flight sim. But how many people want to put up with foru weeks of dull patrols with no aciton and then a signel combat that lasts ten seconds as you, basically, hide behind a cloud and shoot someone in the back as they come by?

Operation Flashpoint is probably the best 'realistic' game, although vehicle play is very approximate. But one issue that it shows is that 'one-hit kill' physics is a bit harsh when you cannot look behind or to your sides anywhere close to as fast as you could in real life.

Tricky issue.

eleveninches
Unrealistic. If you want to experience real life, then shut off the computer and go outside.
The whole point of computer games is escapism and to be able to emmerse yourself in an immaginarry world, so if you would prefer games that emulate real life, then why dont you go out and experience real life??

Maelstrum
totally agree with that....but not everyone can join Rainbow and shoot down terrorists

Raventheonly
The thing is is that our world has changed so much that most people even if they tried will never be able to experience anything like that.... so its as close to reality as anyone can get... unless they snap and go around killing people and thats rather close, but a one time shot lol...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.