Super Size Me

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ElectricBugaloo
Is anyone going to see this when it comes out? May 14th i think.

whatshisface
plot line?

Max Power
some genius decided to film himself overeating at McDonald's, stopped exercising and acts like its a shock that he gained weight.

PeRfEcTlY~*~NoT
probably not

WindDancer
I think this movie will be funny. The guy ate Mc. Donalds food 3 times a day for a whole month! Supposly he had some medical problems, but this movie will sure get Ronald very VERY mad! laughing

botankus
Anyone have a link to website about this reality-TV show movie??

WindDancer
Here ya go botankus:

http://www.supersizeme.com/

botankus
I watched the trailer, and have come to this conclusion:

If the purpose of this film is to present the director's belief that fast food restaurants are to blame for people being so fat and that they're somehow addicting then for-get it. Already had enough brainwashing garbage with Bowling for Columbine.

Holcomb
This "documentary" looks really stupid. This guy is a nutcase anyways, I herad he also did a film about eating hair. I say who cares. If you live a healthy and balanced lifestyle it doesn't matter what you eat anyways.

Samas-adian
Bowling For Columbine had a purpose that was worth while.
This crap is bogus. Your stupid to think that Mickie D's is good for you.

WindDancer
Bowling for Columbine is complete Overrated! Michael Moore is an idiot with a microphone in his hands. Everyone knows that a meal at Mc. Donalds has more fat than a can of lard! So I don't think this guy is out there trying to prove anything. If this movie doesn't have any humor (which I keep thinking it might have) then it will suck!

Max Power
I don't know. The way he's talking about the movie (he was doing a promotional chat the other day) he thinks he's uncovered some kind of corporate plot to make people overweight. And in the same sentence he'll mention that he didn't exercise at all while doing this thing.

I think the movie is going to be a load of crap.

burlyman
Overrated or not, Bowling for Columbine had a true point, Paranoid Americans with guns. stick out tongue

I'll probably watch this with my friends for stereotypical McDonalds-fed obese Americans smile laughing out loud

botankus
I eat at McDonald's all the time and I'm not overweight. I'm pissed!

greyboy
ill pay my money for this one....just not sure if I like this guy zeroing in on Micky Ds....he shouldve been more objective and stuck with a "fast food" only diet even if he just didnt show the labels....ii think most people would get the same results in any other fast food joint.

WindDancer
Mc Donalds are everywhere in the world. We will all soon be overweight. stick out tongue

Holcomb
Thats a stupid thing to say. It's true that some Americans are overweight but to generalize like that just makes you sound stupid. Stupid like this film is going to be.

Kes
Isnt America the country with the most cases of obesity?!

BackFire
*looks at gut* Yep big grin

botankus
Yes, it's the most obese, but it's not McDonald's fault. They're the biggest like the tobacco companies and all they are is a scapegoat. Plain and simple, or else there would be lawsuits against Haverty's for making the couch everyone slobbed around on or Magnavox for making the TV that made no one get off the couch, or even Exxon stations for selling Hoho's.

lil bitchiness
This film doesnt look anything super exciting. And I read somewhere that 60% of Americans are obese messed or something like that...*sudder* fatness confused If nothing else it might encourage people not to eat at McPoison. big grin

<<Solo>>
OMFG This looks gay. But the plot is funny.

botankus
Obesity has less than 1% to do with McDonald's and 99% to do with a person's genetics, lifestyle, motivation, food choices from grocery stores, OTHER RESTAURANTS, willpower, and exercise regime.

Like I said, McDonald's is just the high-dollar scapegoat.

Kes
Point is that food is terrible (to your body) and it is fattening. Plus everybody knows this and still eats it so its perfect to use in a movie about obesity.The movie is about obesity right?!blink

WindDancer
True, no one is forcing ppl to shove those Big Macs down their throats. I been reading more about this movie and it seems that is just a documentary not a campaign agains't Mc Donalds.

Holcomb
There will probably be some funny parts and I might see but I'm not going to take what Spurlock is preaching to heart.

ariwin
As you shouldn't..he's an idiot...who wanted to make some money at any cost to his body.

I saw the film, in all honesty, it wasn't amazing...though there are some funny parts. Who the hell only walks 1 mile a day?? I'd like to see him do the same thing, but exercize regularly too.

Holcomb
I don't know anyone who ate as much fast food as spurlock did during the film. Does anyone? I think it's a bit unrealistic.

ariwin
I actually calculated that it costs about $73 to eat at McDonalds for EVERY SQUARE MEAL for A WEEK!! who has that kind of money?? and who can eat that much??

Again, it's all Spurlock creating a story rather than documenting it.

Aku
Yo &lt;&lt;solo&gt;&gt; ive read to kill a mocking bird and its wicked. Not exactly cat-whipping action but its decent. Lets face it, it was so good it had gregory peck innit and was rated number 1 in the top 100 (cant remmeber) films. I think it was classic films.

Holcomb
Am I missing something? What does To Kill A Mocking Bird have to do with Super Size Me?

botankus
I ate at Hardee's Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of this week for lunch, had the same meals practically (thickburgers, slammers, curly fries) and had no problems whatsoever.

And no, it had nothing to do with this stupid film, it was just the closest thing to work and I was a bit lazy. I would've eaten there again today but I ran out of cash.

silver_tears
http://www.impawards.com/2004/posters/super_size_me.jpg

I'm sorry but that poster is hilarious laughing out loud
Ronald getting a taste of his own medicine laughing out loud

For 30 days he can't eat or drink anything that isn't on McDonald's menu; he must wolf three squares a day; he must consume everything on the menu at least once and supersize his meal if asked. Spurlock treks across the country interviewing a host of experts on fast food and an equal number of regular folk while chowing down at the Golden Arches. Spurlock's grueling drive-through diet spirals him into a physical and emotional metamorphosis that will make you think twice about picking up another Big Mac.

Personally I am looking forward to seeing this movie, seeing the effects of eating fast food without boundries and limitations. And I heard somewhere that he had some sort of health problem afterwards, something with his heart maybe, I don't remember confused

And Bowling for Columbine I thought was a wonderful movie. Both it and Supersize Me got over 8 stars on imdb.com. Whereas other blockbusters get a measly 5. Many people may not agree with their messages, but these movies do serve a purpose.

ariwin
Super Size me and Bowling for Colombine have nothing to do w/ eachother. The points made in Bowling for Colombine were ACTUALLY VALID. while those made in super size me... were not. They were ungrounded, excessive (just like spurlock's eating habits) and rash.

The film itself had funny parts to it though... i look at it more as a jackass than an ACTUAL documentary.

Stormy Day
I read a review of super-size me in my local paper.

He gave it a 3/4

For this film write/director/star Morgan Spurlock set out to eat nothing bu McDonalds for 30 days,The stipulations:Anything consumed-water-included-must be purchased at McDonals restuarant (restuarant pff);three sqare meals each day are required ;everything on the menu must be eaten at least once;and the meals must be "Super-Sized" if the cashier presents the option.

The movie looks really funny and the point is its not saying that fastfoods respinsible its saying your responsible

Rated R for profanity and disgusting images,including graphic surgery footage

TheFreedom
If this is going to be like Bowling for Columbine I'm going to have to watch it. Michale Moore was horribly smart, and let's see how this guy does.

moonwalker741
i mite c it....i heard itz only in select citys?

Stormy Day
Yes it is playing in select citys.

botankus
Even though they didn't, I wouldn't be surprised if the film only opened in Houston and Detroit (the two fattest cities according to some study).

Max Power
that would be entertaining.

don't know how much good it would do though. I mean, even the most overweight people I know mix it up a bit and don't eat McD's EVERY day. It would have been more helpful if Spurlock was all "look at easy and cheap things you can do to lose weight!"

WindDancer
I finally got to see this anti-Mc Donald documentary. I'm somewhat disappointed that it didn't live to my expectations. No humor (if there was it sucked) or satire directed at the food industry. The cartoons look like it was made by some 5 year old in kindergarden. And Spurlock was too Michael Moorish in this film (as in Main star). Even worse Jarrod from Subway appears in this documentary. Not funny! Not provocative! Not interesting! And the message is the same....don't eat Fast food. Give me a break!

Supersize is nothing but Vegan propaganda targeting the Fast Food restaurants. This documentary was waaaaay to bias towards vegetarians. thumb down

Even the song was lame and stupid: Supersize, Supersize, Supersize is the American way roll eyes (sarcastic)

*Georgina_A*
I saw this film today and really liked it. It was really amusing and interesting. Learned quite a bit from the film lol. Lot of interesting facts.

tpaquin
after reading Fast Food Nation, I got a much better image of the fast food world, but this film has much less well-concealed manipulation than, say, bowling for columbine, and I really disagreed with a lot of it, even though some of the food the kids were eating in teh "healthy caff" looked awesome.

Elektra_lover
MY bro and his friends went to the movie in their Mcdonalds uniiforms

botankus
Amen, WindDancer.

Holcomb
I dunno, I just don't see what the big deal is. I kind of think this whole thing is stupid, I mean there were funny parts but I definitely didn't learn anything.

botankus
I'm eating McDonald's as I'm typing this. 2 McChicken's, 1 Double Cheeseburger, and 1 SUPER-SIZED (large now) fries.

WindDancer
Mc Donalds food is fine. Too much will get ya sick. Maybe once or twice every couple months sounds okay.

btw-botankus I could go for some Mc Donalds right about now. wink

Max Power
I agree, WindDancer. Isn't moderation the key to most things in life? I didn't think this film was that great. Of course you're going to gain weight and have a decline in health if you eat fast food three times a
day, every day. NO KIDDING! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. =) Super Size Me is mediocre entertainment, in my opinion.

Elektra_lover
Well if this guy eats that amout of anyfood and dosent exsersize he'll gain weight

Holcomb
That is a good point. Spurlock is a self-promoting machine but I for one don't believe the hype at all.

Max Power
I agree, Holcomb. What Spurlock calls a documentary is hardly a documentary at all. He's not observing anything "natural." His is a controlled environment and he's merely filmed a bunch of experiments that he conducted on himself. I don't get all the hype either.

JamalMagloire
I am with you guys on this one. It still blows my mind that people think it will win an Oscar.

botankus
Yeah. It will be right alongside with my new documentary on how strip clubs should be sued because they have all of the sudden made people perverted!!

Alpha Centauri
It's escapism in the worst way.

Fat people who do nothing but ask for it, will look at this and go "Hahaha woooow. He's REALLY bad, we're not that bad therefore we're not that fat". It's sort of a reverse moral boost for the fat, obese people of America.

Having been to America multiple times (I'm from London) I can safely say that the meals served there are significantly bigger than those served here. Eating those dinners every day of your life WILL get you fat and overweight.

-AC

MornGlory
I saw this documentary - thought it was pretty good - I dont mcdonalds anymore- puke

JamalMagloire
the Corporation was way better

Holcomb
There were funny parts but I choose to listen to my doctor over some "documentary" director.

botankus
All this talk has gotten me hungry. I think I'll go out and get HARDEE'S new 1,420 calorie, 103 fat gram thickburger!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.