Vader Costume, New look or Old?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sith Master X
So which do you prefer to see? Vader with a new look in Episode 3, or his classic armor?

As for me, I wouldn't mind seeing a slightly modified version as to what I hear it could be.

Darth Jello
I'd like a certain rick mccallum coment involving the relation between vader and grievous to be true.

Sith Master X
What sort of relation between Vader and Grievous? Am I missing something? smile

Darth Jello
mccallum said we'd see elements of the costume in episode 3. there are also rumors that parts of grievous are recycled into vader's body.

Sith Master X
Thanx for clearing that up Jello. I didn't hear about that rumor. That would be awesome if some of Grievous' parts are recycled into Vader's body, that would be sort of be a neat twist, not plot wise, but a twist about Vader's components.

Darth Jello
it would also add fuel to my theory that the new order galaxy may think grievous and vader are one and the same.

Sith Master X
That may be true as well. Oh how anxious I am for Episode 3!!!

Mr.Deflok
That's a damn cool idea, but I don't think Lucas wants Grevious to be that important to the story.

I'm hoping for a slightly modified Vader suit, as long as the helmet is the same or more McQuarrie-esque I'm happy, the change the helmet and that'll be the biggest mistake of the century.

Red Superfly
Vader will be the Vader we all know, blinking lights and all.

I think even George Lucas doesn't have delusions of grandure so bad that he would change Vader even REMOTELY at the risk of being mauled by a herd of Star Wars nerds.

Sith Master X
Maybe you're right, but there has been news that Vader's look will be modified from the OT version.

treadline
One of the extras on the OT DVD's will be a sneak peek at Episode3, which will have a first glimpse at the new Vader costume. I think it would be cool if it would in incorporate elements from Grevious, ANH Vader and a samurai style.

Red Superfly
I'm hoping he's classic Vader all the way. Same suit, same everything - it's what we've all been waiting for...........

schill142
I doubt it will be the same exact suit.

1. Some of the intrique would be missing if we simply see the same old suit. They won't completey change it, but I don't believe it will be a carbon copy.

2. It makes sense that during the Jedi Purge and the 21 years between episode III and IV; Vader would have made certain upgrades and or would have sustained minor injuries that would have warranted a change and/or additions to his suit.

Red Superfly
Man its 21 years?

Lucas really screwed up on making his prequels as consistent as the OT didnt he?

Darth Jello
I don't think it will be blatantly like grievous, I meant that under the glove, parts of grievous' arm frame might be used or something like that. on of the hyperspace pics does show hayden's stunt double out of focus in the vader suit, it looks somewhat similar but it's hard to tell

Red Superfly
Yeah thats why I think it will be classic Vader

If bits of grievous are used to form vaders skeleton that would be sweet.

It would be like Adam and Eve:

Vader:"Aww man I lost a rib, Grievous give me one of yours"

Grievous: "What? No you can't just do th.....OWWW!"

Vader: "There we go, good as new."

Yeah, we all knew Vader was God.

The Ones
but how does he eat, he cant take of his mask or he'll die so how does he survive?

Darth Jello
i'm guessing intravenously, using a catheter and colostomy to fullfill the other part of his alimentary canal

Anakin2Vader
I think that it would be terrible if parts of grievous ended up in vader
I think that would take away from the thought of him being so powerful and it would always taint the image of vader... to have to think about grievous everytime seeing vader in the OT ... and to give anyone the idea that vader would not be as strong without these parts, that would be horrible

treadline
I think Vader could take off his mask in a hyperbaric chamber, ala ESB. He would have to wash and have whats left of his original body examined periodicaly, probably by droids.

Darth Jello
his chestplate offers constant diagnostics as to the function of his pulmonary, adrenal, and nervous systems (those 3 main lights). Lucas has said that he's 3/4th's mechanical without specefying how that's distributed. his heart and lungs are obviously still there though i'm sure a majority of his other organs have been replaced due to concussive organ failure from his massive fall (he doesn't exactly fall IN to the molten rock). and aside from the other prosthetic stuff that i've mentioned a billion times on this forum, I'm pretty sure that his eardrums and some of his teeth have been replaced after a head injury like that. other than that, his entire head, most of his spine, and the organs within his rib cage should have been fine for the most part.

sauron
Old vader all the way

with the rattly breath-box too

if he comes on dressed in leather or spandex or any other 'il just change this' thing...i will eat lucas

Sith Master X
I'm sure the voice of Vader won't change, but the costume will. I think it makes total sense to have a modified costume. It is highly unlikely he will have sustained the same costume (armor) for 21 years without injuries or other casualties as someone mentioned earlier.

Odde Raciir
this is rumored to be the first image of a new Vader... many sites showed it up, with the news about a VADER FEATURETTE on the OT DVD

Sith Master X
Nice photo. Haven't seen that one yet.

Creechuur
One thing they have done well in the Prequels is costume design, I think. Look at the Mandalorian armor update. Jango's suit is way sicker than Boba's(It helped that a bulkier actor was in the suit too). Not only did it look good, but it made sense. Boba Fett's armor was scavenged and old, but Jango's was in good shape since it was however many years earlier.

I think the same will be true with Vader's armor. In the OT, Vader had been wearing that armor for like over 30 years, so its gonna be a bit worn. For Ep 3 I think the armor will be immediately recognizable but it will look brand spankin new and bada$$. I hope the mechanical hand is used in the design, rather than covering it up with a glove or something.

Once the helmet is on, will it be Hayden inside, or a bigger actor?

yerssot
hayden, as said somewhere else

Red Superfly
Hayden Christensan is living so many peoples dreams - he gets to play Darth Vader for real.

LUCKY SOB.

yerssot
actually, just being in a star wars movie is enough already wink

speiderman
If I had even two seconds of screentime in a Star Wars movie I would be the happiest guy in the world. Star Wars doesn't get bigger than that.

Sith Master X
True!!! smile

SMX
cool

Darth Jello
hate to break it to you, but I believe that pic is at least 26 years old

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.