Picture of the new Darth Vader!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lucas Sucks!
Yeah! atlast a shot of the new Vader! check it out! Its the original!
http://www.geocities.com/yarimmachado/darth1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/yarimmachado/darth2.jpg
enjoy!

if the link does not work copy and paste it in a new window

Altar[1stONE]
um the link doesnt show the pics.

Lucas Sucks!
read above copy and paste the link in a new window

bigsef3
looks the same to me

Lames.s.
looks more rounded

Altar[1stONE]
wow! , the eyes are totally different , this is crazy.

Darth Jello
it looks more porcine

Mr.Deflok
Thanks Lucas Sucks!! They could easily be fakes but they're still great!

Lucas Sucks!
i dont know but it looks real... a lot more real then some fan videos ive seen.
dont you agree? looks autentical

The Ones
yeah

amity75
If it's authentic then I'm breathing a huge sigh of relief coz he could have looked completely different to "classic" Vader and that's the last thing I wanted.

Odde Raciir
The mask seems to be very simmilar, but the helmet and dome seems to be very different, as if Vader's head has a "shorter hair"...

LanceWindu
I can't see 'em...sad

Odde Raciir
ome

Odde Raciir
two (for whom can't see images)

Julie
very nice...thanks.

x-men
they look pretty coll .very alike to the original but still cool

The Ones
coolER

hana_skywalker
What can I say? EVEN COOLER!

Lames.s.
Someone should put the "old" and the "new" side by side so we can compare.

The Ones
here

amity75
I'd like mechanical Vader to have his hood up obscuring his face until the very last few seconds of his screen time when he pulls it back to reveal his mask.

Sith Master X
The face part of the helmet looks the same, but the covering for the head and neck appears different to me, although I can't make it out too well. I wish there was a view directly looking at the face. Still, cool photo.

Red Superfly
The forehead seems to round off at the top a lot sooner that the older one. Looks cool.

Odde Raciir
as i already said, it seems to have a "shorter hair"... maybe because in the first shoots of Vader, he had his jedi robes, with the hood on?

I can imagine a dark hooded figure, who removes his hood, and shows a dark breathing mask with a smaller helmet...

Mr.Deflok
No offense but that sounds like a comedy sketch, I mean, Vader, with a hood?... It might've worked for Maul but this is like wearing two hats!

Shadowkiller
nice pics !!

mindbugaling
the mask is the same but the helmet is different, if that makes sense.

The Ones
it does

JKozzy
Nice pics there, links don't work since Geocities probably took 'em down for some obvious reasons, if they are indeed real wink Or the links are bad. Either way, attachments are the way to go.

The Ones
just copy and paste it

Spectr4L
Excellent pictures.

Odde Raciir wrote>> "I can imagine a dark hooded figure, who removes his hood, and shows a dark breathing mask with a smaller helmet..."

hmm...mechanical vader with a hood on...I dunno. The idea sounds good though.

The Ones
whos playing vader, is it hayden or some other guy

yerssot
hayden

Sith Master X
Yes Hayden will take on the Vader costume and obviously, it will be James Earl Jones doing his voice.

SMX

cornponious
Really? I was under the impression that it would not be Hayden actually IN the COSTUME, but someone else. Like at the end of ROTJ, when Vader's helmet comes off, it's Sebastian Shaw's face we see under the mask. While masked, though, it's David Prowse. The point being that Shaw could not have filled out the costume like Prowse could, likewise Hayden can't fill out the costume like some beefier actor can.

That was just how I understood it. I could be wrong.

cornponious

Red Superfly
Yeah it's probably gonna be Haydens 'roided stunt double being masked Vader.

schill142
I disagree, I think Hayden will be the only Vader in Episode III and unless the cybernetic implants give him a lot of added mass, he should be the same size. Could you imagine scrawny Ani grow into the towering Vader in only a few days?

yerssot
he did a lot of excercises to get buffed up schill

schill142
really?

yerssot
yup no expression

schill142
I'm not doubting you, but the two pictures I saw of Anakin in Episode III still show him as pretty lean. Maybe Vader shares agents with Barry Bonds and that is how he is able to bulk up.

Sith Master X
Maybe you are right, but as to what I hear from everyplace and everyone else, Hayden is supposed to be doing the part of Vader. One of the spoilers had Hayden talking about himself "Getting Fit" for the Vader costume like Yerssot said about him getting buffed up for it.
Oh well. September is coming quick, and that's when we are supposed to know the title to Episode 3, so I'd imagine we'll know for sure who is playing Vader by then unless more official news occurs sooner. Again, as of now, 95 percent of the spoilers and sources I've read all state that Hayden is indeed behind the mask.

SMX
cool

yerssot
just said from what I heard of someone who followed that all with the webcam

Darth Jello
either way, David Proust is pissed.

Sith Master X
Yes there was some news floating around the web about Proust being pissed off that he won't be behind the mask in Episode 3. Hmmm... to bad for him I guess.

Mr.Deflok
Isn't it 'Prowse'?

cornponious
Yes, it's Prowse. I don't know who "Proust" is.

Personally, I'd RATHER see Prowse in the Vader suit as oppposed to Hayden (of course, we wouldn't actually see Prowse in the suit, would we ? wink )

As far as I'm concerned, Prowse IS Vader. We all know Vader by his mannerisms as well as his visage, and Prowse CREATED Vader's mannerisms.

Prowse is Vader. Enough said.

corn

Sith Master X
Yup, you're correct. "Prowse"

SMX
cool

Darth Jello
i always get these names confused, I feel like frikin' jimminy glick

amity75
I've met Prowse a few times through charity work (The Force against arthritis - donations needed). Really nice guy but he's not healthy enough now to play Vader and he must know that. Although he did don the suit again a few years ago for footage for a computer game.

Sith Master X
Yeah, after going back and looking at some photos of the old Vader helmet and comparing it to this one, the eyes do seem to be different. They look more narrow and thin while the OT's are more rounded.

SMX
cool

cornponious
But how do we know this is an authentic representation of what it will actually look like?

corn

Sith Master X
Good point, we don't yet, but it looks awfully convincing to me. The helemt does look real and the green screen. It could be fake though. Guess we'll have to wait and see. smile

SMX
cool

cornponious
You're right. It IS a nice version of the helmet. Very clean and streamlined. It would be nice to see on film.

Gawd, I'm wasting so much time here. smile

corn

dragonx
thnkss 4 the pics Lucas Sucks,well people either way if its reall niceee if its not i am sure the helmet we will see in the final movie must definetly still look awesome i am pretty sure we will not be disapointed of the mask of vader,ep 3 is the birth of vader 1 of the most important scenes in movie history you cant afford 2 make any mistakes on that they gotta do it right people have been waiting for years 2 wittness the birth of vader ofcourse there will be some small diferences from the original mask bot changes are not always a bad thing i guess we just gotta wait and see when more pics of vaders head are revealed or leaked evil face

mindbugaling
hayden is an actor, and it is his responsibility to adapt to those manuerisms that prowse set for VADER in the OT. Prowse was the vader in the OT , hayden is the vader in the NT, its as simple as that. Hayden deserves to ware the vader costume, its kind of like he won the lottery in movies by getting the role of anakin after his audition.

speiderman
He better not look ridiculous in it though.

cornponious
Don't worry, he will.

smile

corn

Darth Jello
all the people that have played vader:david prowse, james earl jones, some stunt guy (all the lightsaber fights), sebastion shaw, jake lloyd, Hayden Christensen, hayden's stunt double.
so as you can see, some of these mannerisms come from the double

Captain REX
They basically flattened the face a bit...

Why bother making a new mask?

Vader Raider
The Vader helmet shown is a scam, It looks to be an Old Don Post helmet shot from the side, You can even see where the old lenses attached to LOL..............

mindbugaling
okay..what the f are you talking about.

mindbugaling
haule

mindbugaling
sorry you want some bagunn

Vader Raider
?? What are you talking about ??

Like I said the pics posted at the begining of this thread are of a Don Post Standard helmet shot from the side NOT the new Vader helmet of EP3!

DARK ASSASSIN
is don post one of the artists under GL?

Vader Raider
Well it seems I am not allowed to post pics or I would show you.....

moonwalker741
wait im confused...it looks like a new pic of vador.....wut r u talkin boutblink

Vader Raider
The two pics of the Vader helmet in front of the green background is just a Don Post Halloween mask that can be bought on ebay, I know I have one it is a fake it is NOT from EP3,
It's about as real as all the new teaser trailers

cool

moonwalker741
o i c where ur goin bout his...ic......but wth is don post..a halloween brand of mask or sumthin....i dunno blink

Vader Raider
Don Post is an old Halloween mask maker, Rubies costumes has now taken over there Star Wars line, The Vader Helmet shown in the pics is a cheap Don Post Vader helmet worth about 40.00, Post had also made a limited few ESB Vader helmets that was taken from the ILM molds and modified per ILMs request.
Once I am able to post links or pics I will show a pic of it...

cool

moonwalker741
Vader Raidor sent me a PM of the subject hes talkin bout.......he attached a picture to it
look at the eyes of this picture...nothing there for children to see through

moonwalker741
look at the eyes for the 'ep 3' pic....it lookz like theres no eyes...the reason its black because the inside of the mask is showing through the hole

Vader Raider
Thanks Moonwalker741,
Yep same helmet look at the dome, eyes etc.....

DARK ASSASSIN
yeah fake.

Vader Raider
http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL108/966484/2199737/51594877.jpg

Vader Raider
Well Looks like I can post pics now smile
That was a test pic it is of the Original ANH Vader from ILM

This is my helmet off of that one,
http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL108/966484/3940681/52423399.jpg

Vader Raider
Here is a tech working on the new helmet, You can see the ANH Vader dome sitting just behind the mold he is making....
Which is also taken from the two above it..

http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL108/966484/2199737/50695228.jpg

Vader Raider
Here is what I think is the NEW Vader costume,

With Mousy who played a Jedi padawan in EP3 standing next to Vader..

The costume looks very ROTJ confused

http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL108/966484/2199737/52972179.jpg

wink

cornponious
w00t!

Vader Raider
What is w00t ?

cornponious
w00t is g00d.

c0rnp0n10uz

dwarfvader
ow yea smokin' smokin' smokin'

mephistodesigns
glad you're here Vader Raider, I just looked at this thread and was skimming all the pages to see if someone actually recognized a mere repaint of the old Don Post helmet. I have one too and immediately recognized it. You can tell because it has more "jowls" than any other helmet. Also, look at the two silver points at the base of mouth piece. they're total crap. the old ones looked a little more nipple like. i can't believe more people didn't recognize it. I'm a fan of the ANH helmet, thats what I hope they use. Sure looks like they will. They did such a good job on the Lars homestead, don't think they'd screw up Vader so easily, Lucas knows we've waited the last nine years to see him.

dwarfvader
darth vader ep3http://www.millenniumfalcon.com/episode3/mf_starwars-union_vader.jpg

moonwalker741
how do u no that?

dwarfvader
me ?????????

moonwalker741
no the pope, duh u

dwarfvader
i think everybody is asleep nou sleep sleep

moonwalker741
y dont u reply with an answer?!?!?!

dwarfvader
the darth vader pic is from ign.com>movies>starwars

moonwalker741
k thnk u

dwarfvader
vampirewhip

Vader Raider
MephistoDesigns,
Thanks,
I like ANH Helmet best as well,
Here is from EP3 at work resculpting the design over castings of Hayden, Studying the pics of ANH Vader from StarWars Chronicles book,
http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL108/966484/4283623/53384452.jpg

My ANH Helmet,

http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL108/966484/3940681/48653589.jpg

Vader Raider
ANH Vaders pic for the sculpting,
http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL108/966484/4283623/53437955.jpg

Here is the full pics of the side casting, Notice the armor in the lower left corner,

http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL108/966484/4283623/53437970.jpg

spadesmamma61
is nothing sacred? sad

Vader Raider
Cant use the original because it has to fit Hayden...
But they do that for every film always recreate the costume same with ESB and ROTJ.

Sith Master X
There is always a slight modification such as size, and a little bit with shape from costume to costume (movie to movie).

SMX
cool

mephistodesigns
yeah, i came unglued the first time I saw those pics on the webdocs. And that pic from above of Vader with his arm up and a lightsaber is a Japanese model kit I have only they added a different cape and Photoshoped a lightsaber blade in. I recognize the sculpt. Though the left arm is meant to go down.

mephistodesigns
vader raider--we're you get your helmet? Custom job?

Vader Raider
"vader raider--we're you get your helmet? Custom job?"

The Source big grin

mephistodesigns
how?!

Vader Raider
"How"

This ANH at ILM....All props were put into an environment controlled building

http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL108/966484/2199737/51594877.jpg

http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL108/966484/2199737/47533277.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.