Does Sophie even know any Kung Fu?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gtsecc
Does she do any fighting in the movie?
What does she do for Bill?
She is not one of the Divas, so somethign else must be going on.

Lord Soth
I doubt that she's much of a fighter. She just made the calls

Luce
Lawyer of O-Ren I thought. Maybe also something secretary-like

badkittykitty
she's really pretty though,may be just o-rens eye candy

gtsecc
dp

gtsecc
She is no doubt, eye candy, but I can't remember anything from the movie that makes me think she is tough.

killthesunlight
otherwise she woulda fought the bride

eleveninches
She probably just shoots people using a gun. I can't imagine her knowing any kung-fu, but I can't imagine O-Ren hanging out with anybody who is not a killer.

Lord Soth
We know she's cruel, though. She calmly (chipperly, even) answered her phone while Beatrix was being beaten up

Yomammy
Speaking of that scene.. I wonder why they didn't include her in Vol 2. *shrug*

WindDancer
Mostly likely she does know Kung fu. But compare to the Bride she doesn't stand a chance. She might be more lethal than we think.

whatshisface
i bet you she's an expert in hand to hand combat... oh, wait confused

gtsecc
She knows English, French, and Japanese.
Not sure what else makes her useful.

eleveninches
She probably would kill people with a gun if she had to, but I dont think she knows any martial arts (though watching o-ren perform martial arts might have taught her a few moves)

Drifter101
nah she just the chick who had a cell phone when u needed one

JKozzy
I don't think she knows Kung Fu, she looks more of a secretary sort... I mean how did the bride get her so easily in the first place? Wouldn't she have whipped out some dagger like Go-go's?

burlyman
cause shes the french Fox Force Five stick out tongue

yeah she is big grin

sarahvma
They made a point of saying (I'm not quite sure when) that she was at one time either a DiVA or a student of Bill's... I'm pretty sure I heard that - obviously in Vol. 1... who knows? And it always bothered me that you see the four DiVAS walk up to the chapel and... no Sofie? Maybe she came a little later... DVD extra anyone?

burlyman
Another former protege of Bills

I'm sure that was discussed somewhere..when she entered..
I guess it's after the DiVAS have shot everyone but The Bride, as they are about to beat her up, she spectates.

sarahvma
I think it's when she's giving the opening of the Crazy 88 when they're walking down the hall to the theme music

"The pretty lady on her right, dressed like she's a villain on Star Trek is O-Ren's lawyer and... blah blah...

burlyman
Yeah big grin

random pic..

sarahvma
I really wanna know what that whole town is supposed to be... that was an entire sequence taken out of the movie... I'll bet it was supposed to be in Vol. 2

burlyman
yeah sad

Those 3 are just posing in that set though stick out tongue

Sofie would still be Bills protege when Beatrix and Bill were together..and wouldnt know those 2 evil face

sarahvma
aah, well - DVD deleted scenes hopefully

burlyman
I thought the photo of Uma with the near the end, was maybe at this place... some specific memory, to do with that necklace messed

sarahvma
perhaps... that makes some sense

badkittykitty
I don't know why but when ever I see this thread I laugh!laughing

she just rides o-rens coat tails

sarahvma
Yeah, but they do say she was an old student of Bill's...

gtsecc

sarahvma
aah, see? I was close...

Dr R
I can't believe you actually spend time discussing this crap. Great god almighty.....

buck came2 f**k
i think maybe she organsises the hits the Diva squad carry out. And maybe she cleans up crime scenes if something goes wrong like maybe she calls the local cleaners like Mr woolf in Pulp Fiction

D-Double
It's from a deleted kung-fu battle in vol.2. Bill takes on a couple of thugs while taking Kiddo to her training. It's pretty funny since the audio is dubbed (old kung-fu flick style). The thug leader is the guy that played spawn. The chicks are just posing at the set, though.

Imperial_Samura
Interesting. There are many ways to fight, perhaps she just ins't the physical type, although she was bleeding when the Bride had her there just before she lost her arm. Might she have tried to defend herself in the bathroom?

bitchcock839039
she does **** all

roundisfunny
I've suspected that she's O-ren's lover as well. They both strike me as man-haters.

mc pee pants
that's a purty picture you painted there, roundisfunny droolio

HACharboneau
She was a former protege of Bill's, so she must know SOMETHING. Maybe she's just been out of practice for a while. I would guess that she just felt very comfortable with O-Ren and Go-Go and the Crazy 88 around all the time, and felt she didn't need to carry a weapon.

moviejunkie23
i think she was just a hack fighter but turned out to be more usefull making business calls and probably organizing allot of Orens gang since she is a second lutenant.

MagiPhoenix
Nah, Sohpie just handled the "business end" of It all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.