Nightwing vs Gambit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LeAtHerRFace
I would vote fo Gambit

ScarletSpider
As would I

Jason420
I say nightwing

wolverine8888
I go with gambit to gambit just mad fast and he fights cheap he use deversion when he knows he can't win then sneak up on the person and hits them

eleveninches
Gambit

muffin man
gambit if theres plenty of cards and small objects

The Flash
Gambit.

Nathaniel Grey
I say Nightwing just on the basis that I cannot STAND Gambit and would rather see him lose.

Mainstream
Gambit is my favorite Xman hero, buuuuuuuuuuut Nightwing would own his cajun a$$!!!!!!!!

jplatinum
The cajun beats him like a stepchild at joe jackson's house.

Draco69
Nightwing. Way too agilitive and experience for Gambit. He's a far better.

Sonics, vomit gas, tear gar, etc.

jplatinum
Gambit grabs a hand full of rocks, charges them, dodges everything nightwing throws at him with ease, then throws all the rocks at him at once.
Nightwing dodges the rocks,but the explosions cripple him.
Gambit move in with his pole and cleans up.
Then, he charges nightwings' custom and walks off.
"BOOOOOOOOM!"
No more nightwing.

Draco69
Gambit needs at least several seconds to charge any objects he touches. He's not gonna get the time. Nightwing's armour has withstood TNTs with ease so minor explosions aren't gonna hurt him too much.

Sonics would mess Gambit up. Tear gas would blind him. A kick to the head would knock him out.

leonheartmm
gambit has better agilty, strength, reflexes and speed due to his ability to charge his body with the same biokenetic energy{he dodges bullets with ease}, plus he has his normal mutat ability to charge objects with kinetic energy{n he can do this in a second like he does with his staff or cards, plus he can move while doing it}, he is also an expert fighter. i think hell win this 1.

Kontraz
Originally posted by Draco69
Gambit needs at least several seconds to charge any objects he touches. He's not gonna get the time. Nightwing's armour has withstood TNTs with ease so minor explosions aren't gonna hurt him too much.

Sonics would mess Gambit up. Tear gas would blind him. A kick to the head would knock him out.

"minor explosions" and "at least several seconds".... when's the last time you read anything with gambit in it? He can take down buidings with one card if he charges it for just "a few" seconds. And he can pretty much just pick up and throw stuff without taking the time to charge it, and in the time it took him just to throw it, he would have charged it enough to be like a grenade.

jplatinum
exactly kontraz.

Draco69
The main problem is that the cards, rocks, whatever have to actually hit something to explode. They can't explode in midair.

And Nightwing's costume is extremely durable. He's taken hits far more powerful than Gambit's explosion.

Sonics, vomit gas, etc. Gambit goes down 80% of the time.

jplatinum
if gambit is throwing a hand full of rocks (say 5 or 6)
They are bound to hit him or something next to him, then "boom"
he is slowed down.
Then gambit throws some more charged rocks at him while he has been temporarily crippled"boom! boom! boom!"
night wing is crippled for the rest of te fight while gambit works him over with his pole and then charges his suit and he goes "boom!"

Draco69
Or Nightwing throws a barrage of sonic weapons emitting nearly 10, 000 decibals and gives Gambit a proverbial seizure.

life is cruell
when gambits strength and agility are enchanced by his powers are they above peak human or are they just more advanced than normal

Draco69
That's true. He aint dodging hypersonic soundwaves though.

leonheartmm
no when they are enhanced by his biokenetic energy, all his attributes are superhuman.

hoorayforpeepee
draw...gambit has weapons all around, can have above peak human stats, is pretty handy with that staff...

but nightwing has some seriously hardcore tehcnology.

leonidas
with any prep, i say NW beats him 10/10. without any, i say 6/10. too much experience, too many physical superiorities, and too many %$#@!gadgets! not to say gambit's a slouch. the cajun would certainly give it to him on occasion. just he'd be getting it a lot more.

Kontraz
The main problem is that the cards, rocks, whatever have to actually hit something to explode. They can't explode in midair.

And Nightwing's costume is extremely durable. He's taken hits far more powerful than Gambit's explosion.

Sonics, vomit gas, etc. Gambit goes down 80% of the time.

they dont have to hit something at all. How else can you explain him simply touching something, backing away, then it exploding a few seconds later? (which he has done quite a few times)

and yes, nightwing's armor can protect him against sonics and gas... but i'd like to see a grenade blow up a few centimeters from his face and see what happens...

Draco69
I have already countered these arguements. Nightwing is one of the most agile characters in comicdom. In some ways he outshadows Spider-Man himself.

You on the other hand haven't countered mine. "Sonics, vomit gas, etc." That's not referring to the durability of Nightwing's armour. That's referring to the gadgets that Nightwing would use on Gambit. Which Gambit has no defense against.

jplatinum
Gambitttttttttttttttttttttttt Winssssssssssssssssssss

pr1983
if gambit sees him coming then i say he has a definate chance, if nightwing can surprise him (which i believe he can), then i say nightwing...

Metalmanx
Don't you dare say that Nightwing "outshadows" Spiderman in agility.

How dare you, sir.

How dare you.

leonidas
<<Don't you dare say that Nightwing "outshadows" Spiderman in agility.
How dare you, sir.
How dare you.>>

exactly.

i love NW. he's a high level HUMAN acrobat. spidey however, is superhuman - VERY SUPERHUMAN. NW is fast and cool and i think he'd take gambit, but let's not go getting all crazy in this thing.

hoorayforpeepee
actually, i now think that if gambit was being a jokester like always, nightwing would own him.

but if gambit gets pissed off...i would really like to see gambit go berserker, amp his body with biokinetics, and just run around speedblitzing the crap out of some people. at least it would make people shut up about his wussiness...

Draco69
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Don't you dare say that Nightwing "outshadows" Spiderman in agility.

How dare you, sir.

How dare you.

In some ways. Read his comics. The stuff he does is insane.

doctorstrongbad
Gambit takes this one.

Draco69
Gambit doesn't fight smartly. He's all trash talk. Nightwing has far more experience and fighting know-how. A bunch of glowing cards isn't going to catch him offguard.

A sonic weapon or neural scrambler and Gambit's done. The explosions Nightwing can dodge. Hell he can just throw batarangs at the cards Gambit throws thus making it explode in Gambit's vicinity.

DarkCrawler
Hmm...hard to say. But I say that Nightwing wins.

LordFear
Dick himself is far from unbeatable, as he often involves himself in so many things that he isn't always of top condition when he finds himself in a sticky situation. He can't dodge a bullet, only guess where it might be going and he requires effort to dodge or block, just like everyone else. Its his adaptability, training, creativity and conditioning that help him to bide his time, look for the proper weakness and then exploit it when the time is right." Quote from above text

And after reading all of that, the text clearly says that he is not invincible and has weaknesses. Simply keep the fight going long enough and a trained fighter will begin to pick up and use those weaknesses.
Someone like Rene, a born and trained expert thief plz people. This guy is not some chump wannabe off the streets. He was trained as an expert thief at a young age. His mutant powers only makes him even more deadly, not needing any kind of weapons or devices to use. Gambit can time and control the intensity of the object he charges. And that doesn't take it minutes unless he is charging something extremely large or that is just a poor conductor. Small objects only require seconds for him not minutes.

Draco69
Sonics, vomit gas, etc. Gambit can't counter that.

And please Nightwing is WAY more experienced and is FAR better fighter.
An Aladdin wannabe isn't on his level in these terms.

LordFear
Aladdin wannabe????
You kidding????
Sonics, vomit gas. He can't counter?Hardly

leonheartmm
what if gambit just makes the entire block where the are fightinhg explode by channeling his energies into thr ground beneath him, he can do that in seconds now after he got back his grey matter from essex, plus he can survive explosions of his own causing easily by absorbing the kinetic energy in whatever hits him. just depends on his mood, if hes serious he OWNS nightwing bigtime, if hes not, he still beats nightwing after a 4 minute fight.

Kontraz
Sonics, vomit gas, etc. Gambit can't counter that.

And please Nightwing is WAY more experienced and is FAR better fighter.
An Aladdin wannabe isn't on his level in these terms.

sonics dont effect him unless they are EXTREMELY poweful (hence the metal headband deal...)

vomit gas? Dude.. the guy's cajun. I'm sure he's eaten stuff that vomit gas cant even compare to stick out tongue

and where the hell does aladdin come into play?!?

Miss_Faye
Gambit big grin

brainchild81
Gambit wins.

Max Spidey 24
Nightwing rocks gambits world like in the cross over. Well he only dodges his stuff with ease but they look even. Both fight with their stick things.

8bitChris
Gambit charges Nightwing's durable suit and kills him! smile

black robb
This would be close but i have to give this to Nightwing because of his superior combat training

DarkCrawler
Nigthwing wins with ease.

shaolin9976
Who wins? Gambit with all his powers...and Nightwing with his brilliant mind and martial arts moves...who's better?

shaolin9976
In my opinion, I would think Nightwing wins this one just because of his training and all. But he definitely needs to be on the move or Gambit would smoke him to dust.

Arahan
Tough fight, but in the end...Gambit wins. His damn powers would give Nightwing a hard fight. And Gambit is a skilled fighter.
6/10 Gambit

Zahit
The only thing Gambit's good at is speaking cajun, holding his pole,
and serving up some Ace-Of-Spades Spicy Hot Gumbo....
Nightwing kicks his creole-butt from the French Quarter to Gotham's red light district.

shaolin9976
I know Gambit has some powers, but it's not like he can project it. All he can do is touch something and throw it somewhere. It's just like someone throwing knives or something which I have no doubt, Nightwing can dodge. And Nightwing is more of a skilled fighter than Gambit.

Arahan
Originally posted by Zahit
The only thing Gambit's good at is speaking cajun, holding his pole,
and serving up some Ace-Of-Spades Spicy Hot Gumbo....
Nightwing kicks his creole-butt from the French Quarter to Gotham's red light district.

You dont like him because he is French right? laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud
No one likes the French people evil face evil face

Zahit
He's Cajun, not French.
I like the French just fine. I like Cajuns even more.
I just think Gambit's the worst character ever.
So freaking boring, yet he's popular with x-fanboys.....
......go figure....

Arahan

Zahit
Originally posted by Arahan
I think his powers are cool. Touch something and load it with kinetic energy smile
I do that every morning, night, and twice on Sundays......
Do I have my own comic?
Nope.

Arahan
lol
well i didnt see it from that view.
I guess they explode after you "charged" them smile

Sentry
Gambit could practically charge anything within seconds. Gambit is also a capable close quarter combatant. He could charge a part of Nightwing's armor, or Nightwing himself. Gambit wins, after a good fight.

Gambit 6 times out of 10.

Oh, this thread has been done before. Use the search function.

here: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=292013&highlight=Nightwing+VS+Gambit

shaolin9976
Dude..i'm sorry if this thread has been done..i just don't have time to search..

shaolin9976
And I don't think Gambit wins...sure he's a good close range fighter...but his fighting skills are no match to Nightwing...

black robb
From a distance,Gambit has the edge,but up close Nightwing has the advantage

8bitChris
I think Gambit's fighting ability is being underrated. Everyone pretends the danger room doesn't exist and that the X-men can't fight or dodge anything.

Up close I see Nightwing taking a staff hit across the face and going down. The guy's head really doesn't have any protection.

Mainstream
Originally posted by 8bitChris
I think Gambit's fighting ability is being underrated. Everyone pretends the danger room doesn't exist and that the X-men can't fight or dodge anything.

Up close I see Nightwing taking a staff hit across the face and going down. The guy's head really doesn't have any protection.

yeah Dick could hit him with his pole.....not that pole...the one he fights with.

black robb
Originally posted by 8bitChris

Up close I see Nightwing taking a staff hit across the face and going down. The guy's head really doesn't have any protection. true Gambit holds his own with trained ninjas and his reflexes have to be superhuman so up close he would have the speed advantage

Dark Thor
Who'll win?

jgiant
Gambit schools nightwing.
nightwing will doge for awhile and give gambit a couple a good shots but eventually i think gambit catches him.

Bludhaven Boy
Nightwing wins. He is basically a younger Batman. Plenty of people use explosive projectiles and don't give Dick a run for his money.

Metalmanx
But you forget, Gambit is one of the most nimble/agile/quick thinking and acting characters in Marvel (Most specificially the X-men). He had no professional training, but being a thief all his life taught him an incredibly effecient fighting style. With his staff and his cards at his disposal (along with every other piece of debris or inorganic substance for that matter), Gambit will eventually take this fight.

Dr. Obliterator
nightwing

NoFate007
Draw

Dr. Obliterator
gambit is a thief. Nightwing is an expert at catching thieves. he did it nearly his whole life

Metalmanx
I bet you Nightwing wouldn't catch Gambit.

willRules
Nightwing

Lord-of-Dreams
ehh... Gambit does have a slight advantage. The two are pretty close, but Gambit has two things up on Dick.
1. Gambit just has to touch NW's suit. And at a distance, he has a great chance. He's fast, his whole power bases itself on throwing stuff so... and his projectiles explode, making it pretty hard to dodge for too long.

2. Gambit's gone up against some pretty bad mamajamas. He saw Apoc rise, he was around in Mr. Sinister's day, and Pheonix is a bad bi... bi... biter?? lol

And NW is certainly not Batman 2. He may be very good, but he doesn't hold a candle to Big Bruce.

black robb
I wanna try being a fanboy today,so i'm saying Gambit wins

Lord-of-Dreams
are you calling me a fanboy??

Dr. Obliterator
lmao

black robb
Originally posted by Lord-of-Dreams
are you calling me a fanboy?? naw its just i'm a big fan of Gambit but normally i wouldnt say he would win

Lord-of-Dreams
Maybe he's just normally placed in bad situations?? It's not being a fanboy to defend him in a fight that people disagree with you in.

golem370
If Gambit threw all 52 cards at the same time even if Nightwing threw a batarang Gambit would catch and throw it back if he tried to tie up Gambit he use the rope against him

Lord-of-Dreams
Gambit won't be beaten up close. And far away, he has a huge advantage: In a city, he could blow up the foundation of a building. Dropping a building on any human is pretty much an automatic win.

black robb
Gambit has the definitely firepower advantage in this match,which combined with his speed could overpower Nightwing

Lord-of-Dreams
could?? Will, my friend.

8bitChris
Gambit has had plenty of professional training in the Danger Room smile.

Last time this post came up I said Gambit would take it. I stick by that.

Gambit also has enhanced agility as one of mutant side affects.

Lord-of-Dreams
And he really knows how to use his powers. So... he has agility and firepower. That and he can really throw a jab. Come on, Nightwing fans! Bring me an 'arguement'

Bludhaven Boy
Speed? No human is gonna be faster or more agile than Nightwing. Flashbang makes Gambit blind and deaf, which sets him up for the knockout gas. Nightwing, without breaking a sweat.

Bludhaven Boy
As a sidenote, Remy was once taken down by the Morlocks when they used a net bomb on him. Nightwing has been shown to carry these standard. He used one on Copperhead a few issues back, and he had been deprived of most of his resources at that point. Remy can charge the net, like he did when the Morlocks used it on him, but he'll just knock himself out, like he did when the Morlocks used it on him.

ImmortalOne
This is like shit-hard to decide !!!

xmarksthespot
Undecided, however leaning slightly towards Gambit.

Gambit Advantages
Enhanced mutant agility.
Mild hypnotic abilities. (imo stupid power)
Quantity of weaponry.

Nightwing Advantages
Diversity of weaponry.
Fighting technical proficiency.
Strategics.

Anything I've not listed I've either forgotten or believe is a neutral factor. big grin

It's probably disputable whether or not any human is going to be more agile than Nightwing. That's a moot point though because Gambit is a mutant. I recall his agility is intrinsically enhanced beyond the limits of normal humans due to his mutant abilities.

As already stated up close Gambit could simply charge any part of Nightwing's costume with kinetic energy. This and Gambit's enhanced agility essentially negate Nightwing's fighting proficiency. Nightwing will want to keep the fight at a distance.

Offensive projectile weaponry would be Nightwing's best bet. It would depend what he has on him and whether he knows what to use. However projectile explosives are Gambit's specialty. I wouldn't fault Gambit on his aim, so interception of offensive projectiles is plausible. Anything in the vicinity is also a weapon to Gambit.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Undecided, however leaning slightly towards Gambit.

Gambit Advantages
Enhanced mutant agility.
Mild hypnotic abilities. (imo stupid power)
Quantity of weaponry.

Nightwing Advantages
Diversity of weaponry.
Fighting technical proficiency.
Strategics.

Anything I've not listed I've either forgotten or believe is a neutral factor. big grin

It's probably disputable whether or not any human is going to be more agile than Nightwing. That's a moot point though because Gambit is a mutant. I recall his agility is intrinsically enhanced beyond the limits of normal humans due to his mutant abilities.

As already stated up close Gambit could simply charge any part of Nightwing's costume with kinetic energy. This and Gambit's enhanced agility essentially negate Nightwing's fighting proficiency. Nightwing will want to keep the fight at a distance.

Offensive projectile weaponry would be Nightwing's best bet. It would depend what he has on him and whether he knows what to use. However projectile explosives are Gambit's specialty. I wouldn't fault Gambit on his aim, so interception of offensive projectiles is plausible. Anything in the vicinity is also a weapon to Gambit.

Exactly. And you're right about that one mutant ability of Gambit's. It's been proven that one of his abilities is to charm (hypnotize, whatever). Mostly ladies it seems, heh. From experience, we know that he's the best at what he does.

And Gambit wins.

Dr. Obliterator
can Gambit's charged cards go through Nighwing's suit?

Lord-of-Dreams
Originally posted by Bludhaven Boy
Speed? No human is gonna be faster or more agile than Nightwing. Flashbang makes Gambit blind and deaf, which sets him up for the knockout gas. Nightwing, without breaking a sweat.

You're right... to bad Gambit isn't human !! ;p (that should really be a smily!! lol) He's a mutant, and is blessed with super agility.

Metalmanx
Eeeeeeeeexactly.

Lord-of-Dreams
yup.

black robb
Originally posted by Dr. Obliterator
can Gambit's charged cards go through Nighwing's suit? if they can destroy steel,i think they can go through any fabric

spiderboy5
very close match but nightwing wins

black robb
Originally posted by spiderboy5
very close match but nightwing wins how?

brainchild81
Gambit

ALEMASTER
i got this from nightwing and the gaulent

black robb
This was already done a little while ago

Mainstream
yeah Dick just too hard to beat...fo shizzle wickedph

black robb
Originally posted by Mainstream
yeah Dick just too hard to beat...fo shizzle wickedph Gambit could beat him,he's faster and has more firepower (now watch everyone call me an idiot and say that Gambit is a dumbass who doesnt have accuracy and doesnt know jack about fighting)

black robb
Originally posted by Dr. Obliterator
gambit is a thief. Nightwing is an expert at catching thieves. he did it nearly his whole life That is completely irrelevant

Khellendros
Gambit matches him in agility, loses a slight edge in hand to hand, but with his staff that edge goes. Gambit's biggest advantage is the fact that his arsenal is potentially limitless. Run out of cards? Start throwing rocks, crushed soda cans, anything solid but inorganic nearby. Hell, he can charge the tip of his staff. I say Gambit takes this

Lord-of-Dreams
dammit! No NW fans are giving me any meat! ARGUE!!!

willRules
Nightwing could win but if Gambit gets a good shot its all over for Mr Grayson............

Lord-of-Dreams
he could win... if Gambit just stood there...

willRules
lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.