Spike's STARGATE: ALPHA - Mission 1.1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpikeSpiegel
Here you are fellas.

The time is 1400 hours. You are all getting suited up for your first team mission, alright it may seem like a doosey, but it's a start. Some low personnel are helping you on with your body armor and making sure that you have all the equipment that you need.

Over the microphone you hear "Chevron two locked", this of corse is coming over the sound of the Stargate's spinning.

A small-ish man with a black crew-cut is helping Kael out. He seems to have quite strong hands for a person his size, you mentally note it but don't pay much attention to it. He's been pulling the straps on your body armor very tight, but as he's just been recruited not two weeks ago you assume that he just doesn't want to make any mistakes.

General Hammond enters the room through the blast doors. He nods to Kael and Marcus (if you still want to be called that). "It is a great privilage to the people of Earth to have the been lend two of the finest warriors from our great allies the Tok'ra and the Asgard in our fight againdt Anubis." He then turns to the two human members of the group, Andrei and Steve, handing Steve a small metal object. It's a piece of the radioactive rock used to tell the SGC to open the iris. "You are to take this to SG-10. It's a simple first mission for you, and yet once again I must stress it's importance. The president wishes for us to secure as many allies as possible to fight Anubis and the people of the planet PJ0-YC3 are part of that."

"Chevron 6 locked" You've not been paying attention to the voice over the microphone.

"Good luck gentlemen." Hammond finishes.

"Chevron 7 locked"

The stargate opens, throwing a blue vortex at you before stabelling. You all head through it.

You are almost thrown out at the other end into a vast jungle...your adventure begins.

Mission Objectives

O Proceed to the village to the North of the Stargate and rendevous with SG-10.
O Do not engage any hostile activity on the planet.

Kronos
"kael stepped through the stargate, and all he saw were tree's all around the stargate, he turned his head to check on eveyone.
"you guys ok?" he asked.
"we better get this object to SG-10, we dont have all day" he said.

rusky
*Andrei gets up slowly, the trip with the stargate dazing him a little..*

"Idd.. we should also make sure we aren't spotted on our way..."

(Spike, what's the topography of the planet ? Do we have forests or something to conceal our movement ?)

Trickster
We're in a jungle, so I guess we would. But I don't see the point of hiding unless there is a serious danger, since this mission's just to get us used to playing.

Steve unslings his rifle from his shoulder, holding it ready.

SpikeSpiegel
That's what you think evil face er.....I mean.....

As you prepare for your mission a drop of rain falls from the sky, followed by a few more until it's raining cats and dogs. It looks lieka storm is coming, you'ld best head for the village ASAP.

Trickster
I know it's probably not going to be, but I hope we get at least one fight before being thrown in at the deep end! stick out tongue

"Alright, lets go."

Who's the leader of our team?

Kronos
the person with the highest leadership i would of thought

SpikeSpiegel
Bingo, but at the moment both the humans are tied in that so either of you can take the lead....providing you don't conflict.....much

rusky
Who's the other human ? Fire ? If so he can take the lead....he's..uh..more experienced...wink

SpikeSpiegel
Fire's Asgard, Trickster is the other

Trickster
Um. Okay, whoever does most in this mission leads?

Steve started walking to the village.

Kronos
kael followed steve

SpikeSpiegel
That's the plan.

SpikeSpiegel
As you walk, with the muddy ground becoming wet and slippy, you see a bright flash to the east, followed by the loud crack of thunder. You are slightly covered from the rain under the trees, but if lightning were to hit one...all you can do is pray and move onwards towards the village.

Trickster
Steve keeps moving.

SpikeSpiegel
Don't worry some action is going to come along soon.

Trickster
Cool. Steve takes a look aroud at his surroundings as he walked.

Kronos
kael continues walking to the village when he slips on the wet ground and tumbles on to the floor, he manages to get back to his feet and carry on walking

Trickster
"You okay?" asks Steve, slowing to walk beside Kael.

Kronos
kael replies " I'll live, thanks. We better hurry to the village"

SpikeSpiegel
Up ahead in the mud something moves slightly, then stops. Prehaps a native animal scared by the weather and by you. There is also something else that you can't make out from the distance you're at.

Kronos
kael walks towards the "native animal" with extreme caution

SpikeSpiegel
As you walk towards the animal you see that the other object is a human body lying on the floor. When you turn back to where the movement was before there is nothing.

Kronos
kael walks towards the body

SpikeSpiegel
The body is that of an average height, average built Caucasian male wearing SGC uniform. On his arm is the SG-10 symbol. By the looks of things he has been hit by a staff weapon in the back.

To Kael's right someone leaps out of the hedges, unsheathes a knife and grabs Kaels arm, twisting it around his back and holding a knife at his throat. He is also in SG-10 uniform. He looks from startled member to startled member, seeing an Asgard and SGC uniforms he relaxes, moving the knife away from Kael's throat and letting his arm go.
"Alpha team?" he asks

Kronos
kael shocked by what has just happened says "yes, who are you?"

SpikeSpiegel
"Colonal Richard O'Brian, SG-10." He says, putting the knife back in it's sheath. "What are your orders?"

Kronos
"well Colonal richard O'Brain if you ever put a knife to my throat again i will kill you!, are orders are to take this object to the village" kael said

Trickster
"He didn't know it was was us Kael, relax." Steve says, before addressing the soldier, "Colonel, what happened here?"

SpikeSpiegel
"They came to the village in the middle of the night. A mixture of serpant and Horus guards, it's likely they were just a few of many "lost" soliders. They killed all of the people in the village and two of my team. Me and Capitan Donnerhugh managed to escape to the jungle, our plan was to reach the Stargate and warn the SGC. That is what we must do. There is a cave to the West of the village. The Jaffa came from the East, after attacking the village they headed on west-wards, apart from a group that took prisoners from the village back East-wards and a small scout party they sent after us." He looks at you one by one, "As I am the senior ranking officer here I shall take command of your team until we get back to Earth. We must return to the Stargate."

SpikeSpiegel
Mission Update

X Proceed to the village to the North of the Stargate and rendevous with SG-10.
X Do not engage any hostile activity on the planet.
O Return to the Stargate and dial home.

You are now allowed to use lethal force if needed.

Trickster
"But you may be compromised. For all you know the mission could have been to have an agent plant something to track your location, so they know the number of our stargate."

Steve doesn't like to lose the lead(joint though it may be)

SpikeSpiegel
It's just for this mission.

"They are Goa'uld, they already know our Stargates address. And even if these ones don't, they'll never get through our iris." the colonal responds.

Kronos
"i think we should go east-wards and rescue the prisoners they could have some info" kael askes the colonal

SpikeSpiegel
"They are many and we are few, it would be too dangourous for us five alone to fight, we need to get home." Just as the colonal utters the word home a staff blast his's a nearby tree, the sound of footsteps has been masked by the thunder. There about 25 meters behind you are three jaffa scouts, one horus and two serpant guards. One of the serpant guards it stood behind a tree aiming his staff at you, they fire another shot again hitting a tree.

Enter combat time....don't worry I'll make it fairly easy for you. What with it being your first battle and all.

Round 1

South area
Richard (P90) 0|50|4
Andrei (MP5) 0|30|2
Steve (P90) 0|50|3
Marcus (Zat) 0|n/a|n/a
Kael (Staff) 0|n/a|n/a

North area
Horus Guard 0|n/a|n/a
Serpant guard 0|n/a|n/a
Serpant guard (cover)

Marcus to go first, then Richard, then Kael and Steve, then Andrei and the enemies

Kronos
kael takes cover behind the nearst tree he could see

SpikeSpiegel
Not your turn yet, remember one offensve and one defensive battle per round

Kronos
arh....sad

SpikeSpiegel
Be careful, these guys are tough, they have staff weapons that do +2 damage and they have high Goa'uld bonus' on top of them that can give +6 damage! And you're more at risk than my man stick out tongue simply as he is a part of the story and is invincible for now, if you are struggling he will take care of them.

Kronos
so does my man move last

SpikeSpiegel
Nope you're third or forth depending on when Trickster moves. Both of you are after Fire and myself.

Kronos
okay i will have to wait. *sigh*

Kronos
is fire before you? how much damage can my man make?

SpikeSpiegel
Yup, Fire is before my guy. Damage depends

Kronos
but what is the max damage i could do?

SpikeSpiegel
Max damage to the Horus is 7, to the serpant it is 8. They have 8 health.

Kronos
good enough for me

Fire
(well if Spike hand informed his game had started I would have replied sooner)

*the asgard drops to one knee and fires his zat at one of the serpent guards*

SpikeSpiegel
You roll a -3, which it just one point too low to make a successful hit.
Opps, my bad. You crouched which gives you +1 accuracy. That means you DID actually hit.
You do 2 damage to the serpant guard who suddenly shakes in pain from the blast and looses his turn this round.
Your second zat gun's shot hits him which means that he is KO'd.

Richard raises his P90 and shoots at the Horus guard.
He rolls +3 and hits, and then -3 for a total of 3 damage. The bullets hit the chest piece of the Horus guards armor and the guard only flinches.

Kael and Steve, you're up.

Kronos
kael takes cover behind the nearst tree and fires with his staff at the Horus guards

SpikeSpiegel
You roll a +1 and a +1, a hit for 3 damage. You then jump behind the nearest tree as cover. You may now only use Blind-fire or move and shoot to shoot at the enemy on your next turn.

Trickster
Steve runs at the serpent guard, squeezing off rounds, then rolls behind a tree, with his gun and head looking round.

SpikeSpiegel
Serpent guard is dead, unless you mean the covering one. Which I shall assume that you do.

You roll a +2 and a +2 so that is 6 damage to the covering serpant guard. Not bad. Andrei's turn now.

Trickster
And I'm behind a tree now as well?

Fire
(who's andrei?)

Trickster
The last guy in the team.

Mr X
rusky is andrei

SpikeSpiegel
Yup, you also can only do either move and shoot or blind fire.

SpikeSpiegel
I'll give rusky until tomorrow to post, then I'll bank his action.

rusky
I take a shot at one of the enemies who isn't behind cover, then I duck for cover myself...

SpikeSpiegel
You roll a +5 and a -3. That is WAY more than enough to KO the Horus guard.

The covered serpent guard looks at his dead companions and runs out into the centre of the whole area, he then rolls on the ground and shoots at Richard. He rolls a +2 and a +1. The blast from the staff does 7 damage as it skims past Richards arm, leaving behind a burn and a tear in his jacket.

Round 2

South area
Richard (P90) 0|45|4
Andrei (MP5) 0|25|2 (Cover)
Marcus (Zat) 0|n/a|n/a
Kael (Staff) 0|n/a|n/a (Cover)

North area
Steve (P90) 0|45|3 (Cover)

Center area
Serpant guard 6|n/a|n/a

Same order again. Fire first.

Mr X
erm.... how come richard's health is 0, should'nt he be injured
or am i wrong

SpikeSpiegel
Yes...it should....but
*runs away from thread*

Fire
*I take my two Zats and shoot at the guard simultaniously*

SpikeSpiegel
Your blasts hit him doing 1 and 3 damage respectifly. The guard collapses to the floor Ko'd.

Well done fella's you just defeated your first enemies.

Richard looks at the small burn on his arm. "It'll be alright, it's just a flesh wound. Lets get moving back to the Stargate...we need re-enforcements before we can tackle the Goa'uld."

Mr X
kael looks at the burn on richard's arm, and carry's on walking towards the starg

Mr X
hey.. what happend to the rest of my message. what it was meant to say was
kael looks at the burn on richard's arm, and carry's on walking towards the stargate and says " we better hurry before the Goa'uld send in re-enforcements" do the Goa'uld have gliders

Fire
"Indeed we'd best hurry"

Trickster
"Colonel, do you know what kind of troops the Goa'uld have here?" Steve asked, as he walked beside Richard.

SpikeSpiegel
"Only what I have seen. Jaffa without a master, by that I mean serpent guards, horus guards." Thinking he then adds "I also remember seeing a couple of Anubis' guards here..."

The timeframe of this RPG is just before the final episode of series 7 to just after. Therefore Anubis is still alive.

Mr X
so when you say anubis guards do you mean those black invincible guards. can i kill anubis?

SpikeSpiegel
Yes those guys and NO!

Mr X
*arh*

well kael continues walking to the stargate and says "i think we should start running, we have no wepons that can hurt anubis guards"

Trickster
"I doubt they'll find us here, but if we run they're more likely to find us."

Mr X
how far are we from the stargate?

"well if we cant run, lets walk really fast."

Fire
"use caution, and try to remain hidden, there are other ways to fight the goauld(SP) than just Firepower"

Trickster
"The only place the Go'auld will lay an ambush would be the stargate itself. This way we won;t run into one if they've laid one."

And it doesn't really matter, we'll get there just as fast for us as players...

Mr X
"okay we will try to remain hidden, but i still think we should hurry before anubis brings in more re-enforcements"

Fire
"good point but even with the forces he has now we still are no match so that is little of our concern"

Mr X
"true, but we cant allow him to re-enforce the area around the stargate, anubis wont have many men around there as they are all in the west"

Trickster
"Well we can go into quick march. Lets go!" Steve starts jogging.

Democvratic military unit, no? wink

Fire
"If we get spotted this isn't my fault"

SpikeSpiegel
Spoken like a true Asgard stick out tongue

Thunder crashes above, the rain is coming down as strong as every. You reach the Stargate. There's no guards around, just a greyish ring in the middle of a small clearing. Behind it is a navy/grey sky. A white flash appears some distance off behind it and a loud roar of thunder hits you again.
"Someone dial us up" Richard says, he looks at his GDO which has been smashed in the fight with the reconassance unit.

Fire
"these things are always on perfect locations for a trap so be careful, I suggest sending in one person to dial up and the others stay here to provide cover if necessairy."

Mr X
"i shall go and dial us up. Just watch my back"

SpikeSpiegel
As you dial up a bolt of lightning hits the Stargate, a blue electrical current spreads around the gate and disappears. It doesn't seem to have caused any damage, but as you press the center button on the DHD nothing happens, the gate won't even spin. You try again and get the same result...it looks like you guys are stranded here...

Mr X
"well, the problem is most likely to be the DHD crystals are fried, but i cant be sure. so Colonal Richard do you see and cargo ships?"

Trickster
"What?" asks Steve.

SpikeSpiegel
Richard stands up, he's been deep in thought.
"The way I see it is we have two options. We might as well take one of them as we're stuck here. The first is this:
Option A: We head North-west of our position and find out what those Jaffa were after when they headed west of the village.
or
Option B: We head North-East to where they took the prisoners. Now if I know Goa'uld they'll be taking the prisoners back to their mother ship for enslavement, we might be able to get onboard that and find someway back to Earth..."

Now then this is your first main Story decision. each path WILL eventually end up at the same point. I can tell you that if you choose A the mission will become VERY dangerous, if you choose option B then the mission will be shorter, although there will still be a large fight (larger than the same fight as in option A as it is earlier on). Now option A will reveal some more of te plot, but this same info will come in Mission 1.2. I need your choice and your reason for the choice. This will also effect when the new players will be able to join. If you choose one choice and all die then your Mission 1.2 will be what would have been 1.3 if you hadn't died. The choice is in your hands.

Mr X
option A

Fire
option B

rusky
option B

SpikeSpiegel
I'll wait until tomorow, if Trickster hasn't chosen then we'll just go and say B is the winner.

Fire
(rickster is really slowing this game down stick out tongue)

SpikeSpiegel
stick out tongue

Trickster
Option B

Sorry guys, I've been away on work experience and found out that my relatives computer loads about a page an hour... Which meant I couldn't get online without being incredibly frustrated. So I gave up. Sorry big grin

SpikeSpiegel
OK, Option B it is! Short but sweet. evil face

"OK, so it's settled then. We'll head North-East of here." Richard's talking as he's ajusting his suit. One of the armored plates slides slightly out of position, unknown to him or you. "Let's get going" he says.

SpikeSpiegel
Just a quick question, what would you guys say the maximum number of enemies would be that you could deal with?

Fire
think so

Trickster
15-20 maybe. We handled 3 easily enough! I like a challenge... wink

rusky
hey, the more we get the more skills we get to improve between missions right ? wink

Fire
(you know when you play table top RPG's they have a word for that kind of behavior Rusky namely Experience Points (shortened to XP) Whores)

Trickster
Whats wrong with being an XP Whore?

Although, I do get bored with people like that. Anyway, how many do you think we could take Fire?

SpikeSpiegel
OK then, so you guys are just going to walk North-east silently then?

Trickster
Well I was kinda waiting for some kinda conformation that we got there... stick out tongue

Fire
idd Spike

and Trickster if they are as easy as the others (I doubt it) we can handle plenty but if they are smart and use decent team tactics I think our max will be 10

Trickster
I bow to your superior knowledge stick out tongue

rusky
ok, 10 it'll be.... XP Whore huh ? I like the sound of that evil face

Fire
an XP Whore is someone who kills everything he can possibly kill to get the experience points from it, even if his character would not kill that creature in that situations

(e.g. Rangers that kill animals who they could just as easily convince to leave them alone, Fighters who kill city guards instead of just disarming them stuff like that)

Trickster
Although it's not necessarily going out of character...

rusky
well I woukdn't go THAT far....but I do like getting lots of xp..

Fire
everyone likes getting XP, kinda dull if you don't see your character evolving, but you don't have to push it

SpikeSpiegel
*Cracks knuckles*

Right, I've now got 3 weeks of study leave ahead of me (and only a bit of te time is for studying I'm not spending ALL my time doing that) so I'll be able to speed along this mission, introduce ver 2.1, which has some bugs worked out of the moves, a new rule (Combat time is entered upon sight of an enemy) which'll also have the new stealth moves so fights can be avoided and experience earned and finally I can finish my Devil Never Cry story big grin

Fire
woohoo

rusky
great happy

SpikeSpiegel
The rain has died down a bit and the thunder and lightning has almost stopped. After a long journey you've finnally found where the prisoners have been taken. It's a small clearing on a cliff edge. There are alot of serpent and horus guards, as well as a few hostages (new players will be umongst them). You make a total head-count of 23 jaffa. Three of them step close together with four prisoners. Five rings come down from the sky and beam them up. Looks like that's the only way off this planet, but you're going to have to defeat those guards to get there...

Mission Objectives
X Proceed to the village to the North of the Stargate and rendevous with SG-10.
X Do not engage any hostile activity on the planet.
X Return to the Stargate
X Head North-East to find the hostages
O Defeat the Jaffa on the cliffedge
O Get aboard that ship

Now before I enable combat time I need to know how you're going to go about this. You could wait where you are for the numbers to die down and then attack, or you could go and attack now. They don't yet know your there so use it to your advantage.

rusky
So there's 20 Jaffa left in the clearing right ? .. Even if we use the element of surprise to it's fullest, the attack might still hurt us plenty...perhaps we should wait until their numbers drops.. either way, there's no apparent advantage to tking all of them on right now (I'm thinking less to fight with onboard might have been one, but then again, there's probably unlimited amounts of them on a ship anyway)

Trickster
Couldn't we surround them and open fire from different angles. I would guess the guards are standing and the hostages are on the ground. So we all open fire at once, possibly take down up to half of them to start?

SpikeSpiegel
Well with your advantage of suprise you get a couple of free rounds, it's up to you how you're going to use it.

Fire
(we're with 4 right then I'd surround them as trick said and fire the hell out of them, killing them ASAP)

SpikeSpiegel
OK then, you're going to take them by suprise. I'll draw up a map and you can choose your positions.

Trickster
Okay! Go for it!

SpikeSpiegel
K, you're the blue blob at the bottom, the positions are the blue crosses. The other blue blob is the prisoners, the reds are the enemies. (You can see who you've got to kill first. The black is the area where the ring comes down...

...sorry about the the quality...

Trickster
Is there any way to get across that little path?

SpikeSpiegel
Not without getting seen, no.

Trickster
And can we presume the outer ring is facing outward, and the inner is looking at the prisoners?

SpikeSpiegel
Yeah, I forgot to draw the arrows for what direction they're all looking in. The ones by the trees are looking in, the ones by the prisoners are watching them and the ones at the cliff edge are looking outwards.

Trickster
So the ones by the tree are looking in? So theoretically we could knife the ones round the side, and get across that path to knofe the other one without being seen?

SpikeSpiegel
THEORETICALLY...yes

Trickster
Lol. Did any of us bring silenced pistols?

rusky
lol...don't think so....but we prolly could sync ourselves so that we all shoot ONE bullet in the heads of the ones by the forest (noticed they're exactly as many as us,less actually) at the same time, and then we should still have enough surprise left to fire away some bursts at the rest...

SpikeSpiegel
...and in the chaos that follows they won't stand a chance

Fire
here's what I would do (THIS ENTIRE PLAN IS WORKED OUT WITH SG MEMBERS, DUNNO WITH HOW MANY WE ARE)
move ppl to positions 1,2,3 and 4 (the blue ones)
let person 1 fire at jaffa nr3, 2 at jaffa nr4, 3 at jaffa nr5, 4 at jaffa nr6.

in a second motion 1 shoots at nr1 and 2 at nr2, meanwhile 3 and 4 take out nr8 and 7.

in the third round 1 crosses the path while 2 takes out nr9, the others just shoot to kill.

SpikeSpiegel
At the minute there are four of you, Richard and one person who made a character and then disappeared. I've sent him a PM asking if he still wants to play. He'll be one of the hostages that the Jaffa have.

Trickster
Yeah, seems like a plan. Although I'm not too sure what'll happen if we miss any of the shots...

Fire
shoot like hell

rusky
ok...let's get to it.. I'm a pretty good shot but I'm not that fast and dodgy wink, so I'd best stay behind and keep taking jaffa out (hopefully)..

SpikeSpiegel
Ok, we'll use Fire's numbering system to say. Where do you all want to be positioned?

Trickster
I'll be number 1.

Fire
I'll be nr 2

Trickster when you cross the road make sure you get as close to the edge as possible, should give you a better view

Trickster
Yeah. I will!

rusky
I'll be number 4 then... standing by..

SpikeSpiegel
K, we're juust waiting for Mr. X. I'll tell him to hurry up when I see him at college.

Mr X
well i will be number 3

SpikeSpiegel
OK, all sorted then. I'll begin the fighting on Monday

SpikeSpiegel
Round 1

Treeline
Richard (P90) 7|45|4
Andrei (MP5) 0|25|2
Marcus (Zat) 0|n/a|n/a
Kael (Staff) 0|n/a|n/a
Steve (P90) 0|45|3

Left side
Serpant guards 1-4 0|0|0
Horus guards 9,10, 16 0|0|0

Right side
Serpant guards 5-8, 17 0|0|0

Centre area
Serpant guards 10-13 0|0|0
Horus guards 14,15,18-20 0|0|0

Fire to start, then me, then Trickster and Mr. X, finally Rusky.
Enemy don't act this turn make the most of it.

Trickster
Horus guards are better than serpent guards, yeah?

SpikeSpiegel
Yup, but not by much. These are only your basic scout guides ,just wait until your'e on the ship and you fail a stealth roll (I'm still working on the stealth system)

Fire
(ooh we have 5 ppl, I left one out in the plan then, well he can shoot one of the targets from a player with a gun)

*Marxus makes a forward roll, taking his two zats from his belt and firing both at guard nr4*

SpikeSpiegel
Both shots connect doing a total of 10 damage, KOing guard no. 4.

Richard will shoot at no. 10, and then draw his second weapon.
That's 8 damage, enough to KO the serpent guard. (Now that he's KO'd it doesn't matter that he was both horus and serpent stick out tongue)

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>