Ot Vader Helmet Change

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sith Master X
Most of you have probably seen this, if you haven't, I thought it would be interesting to show these photos of Vader's helmet modifications from ANH and ESB. Pay close attention to the difference in the eyes, the grill of the mouth, the nose, and the forehead where the helmet archs in toward the nose. Some difference are not to big, but if you look closely especially at the noses, one is skinnier than the other while the other is more rounded. Also, look at the hood covereing and where the sides come down as they both are slightly different.

yerssot
what's the reference to Ep III exactly?

Sith Master X
Sorry, there wasn't supposed to be any reference to Episode 3, other then the fact that maybe since these helmets were modified from film to film, that the Episode 3 one will be modified. As some pictures have shown already, that appears to be the case, but that wasn't the point I was trying to make, I was just distinguishing the differences and modifications that were used in the OT films.

Just something to look at and talk about. Nothing more.

SMX
cool

gambit420
um..... I think you should post this in a different board

yerssot
gotcha

well, guess a new helmet than messed

Sith Master X
um.....I don't. It's Vader, Vader is in Star Wars, and Vader will be in Episode 3. Get the connection?

amity75
I hate people who ***** about which board a topic should be in. One of the main points of interest about Episode III is what the helmet will look like and the guy was just showing us the subtle differences that we can expect to see in the movie.

Sith Master X
Well I didn't mean for it to sound snippy. I'm just pointing out that it's not like this is a Spider-Man board. Vader's is in Star Wars, he's gonna be in Episode 3 and Episode 3 is all part of the other 5 movies so it all fits in. smile

gambit420
Well just saying it's an episode 3 forum and because Vader's helmet changed slightly between episodes 4-5 doesn't mean the Ep III one will have some new modified look. Besides it's already been said on Hyperspace that Vader's Ep III helmet is completely based on the New Hope design.

Sith Master X
Thank you. That was exactly my point.

I know this is an Episode III board, but Episode III is part of all the old films as well so I think it makes sense to have those photos on this board. My two main goals for posting those photos were to point out that the Episode III helmet will most likely be modified as those were, and I thought people might find it interesting to look at the difference in the helmets who may not have picked up on it in the old films, that's all. Didn't mean to stat anything.

SMX
cool

amity75
Vaders Episode III helmet looks like the front end of a Chrysler PT Cruiser.

Sith Master X
You're absouletly right, just because his helmets did change in the old films does not mean it will for Episode 3. I was just stating that maybe it's a possibility that the Episode 3 helmet will be slightly different since it was changed around a bit in the old films. I was making a connection, not making it a fact that the Episode 3 helmet will be changed.

Argh, who cares. I didn't start this thread to create a huge debate. This is a pointless argument and I'm sorry for posting something that has to do with Star Wars but isn't from Episode 3. (really I am) From now on, everything I post will be on Episode 3.

Sith Master X
Yeah I never looked at it like that before. I guess you're right. Cool car, cool helmet. Works for me.

SMX
cool

Darth Jello
I just remember Vader's face seeming smaller in ep 4

Sith Master X
Yes, the second one over from the left is the ANH version and it is in fact a bit smaller than the ESB version, even some features on the helmet are different as well.

SMX
cool

Mr.Deflok
Thanks for the photo SMX!

Sith Master X
Anytime. wink

SMX
cool

Vader Raider
Sith Master X,
I agree with all those differences in that pic you showed, But it is mainly because the Helmet on the right is not a real ANH helmet...

The main differences that were changed were, the bottom vent so Prowse could breathe easier, the lenses, the dome mounting system , the peak cut off on the dome,

http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL108/966484/3863039/52425714.jpg

Sith Master X
Those are pretty good pictures. Hard to beat. The peak cut off on the dome is a big diffence that you can tell, if you take the time to look at that spot. Well, cool photos. smile

SMX
cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.