Tarantino screwed us or miramax screwed him?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dragonx
first of all tarantino cut 2 many scenes out of kill bill vol.2 and i am very pissed about that just like why the hell is he showing scenes on trailer that dont appear on the full movie whazuuup tarantino?you got pressured by miramax 2 cut out as many fighting scenes as you can?damnn samething happend 2 kill bill vol.1 black and white screen what the hell was that about?you probably thought we western people couldnt handle it instead you gave the bride hack and slash scene n full colour + some extra other added scenes 2 the japanese release well thank god 4 internet and i must say tarantino you should have gave the full uncut
version of kill bill vol.1 to us well at least i have the uncut dvd stick out tongue hopefully tarantino will come 2 his senses and also release a uncut dvd with the extra fighting scenes on dvd for vol.2 i am crossing my fingers sad

Lord Soth
I don't know what you're talking about, there weren't any scenes in the trailer not in the movie....

SenshiNaka
For Vol. 2 there was a really short scene of Bill walking through what looked liked an asian city, it was in the trailer but i dont remember it in the movie.

Lord Soth
Oh, that. I saw a picture like that, but I never saw anything like that in the trailer

dragonx
well better pay attention the first trailer 4 kill bill vol.1 was already showing scenec that where going 2 be in kill bil vol.2 but for some reason he just cut a couple of scenes and changed the story line a bit

dragonx
there was also a scene that som1 was fighting wit a big black dude it was very short in the trailer what the hell happend 2 that guy?i really dunno

Lord Soth
Okay, you have some really different trailers over in the Netherlands, so I'm just going to withdraw from the conversation

dragonx
well the trailers isaw where us versions so it cant be the netherlands also senshinaka saw a scene in a trailer that wasnt in the final movie so i am not the only 1 , are there more people who paid attention with all trailers that where released?

dragonx
or am i 1 ofthe few who really paid attention to all the trailers while the rest was only looking at the pretty colours of the trailers?

SpEeDwAy
I thought it was MPAA's idea to tone down the movie because of the violence, that's why the crazy 88 fight scene is in black and white. My guess is that in Japan they don't really give a ****.

I Love Sirius
Okay, you need to calm down a bit. Some movies are like that. You see scenes in a trailer and they don't show it on the movie. An Example is LOTR-Return of the King. If the same thing happened with Volume 1 and they showed it on the uncut DVD, then more than likely they will show it on the uncut version. I think all movies are like that. Movies are always going to have cut scenes, that's why we enjoy DVD's so much, because they are included. So again, calm down and I'm sure they will come up on the uncut DVD.

Ice Mario
I don't think it's anything to do with Tarantino screwing us. It probably didn't fit into his vision of the film, he may have thought doing the Bill back story slowed things down. At the end of the day it's his choice, but as Carradine said in an interview you'll probably see them in the special edition or the Japanese version. I hope the latter cos that'll probably come first. As for the black and white part of the fight scene in Vol. 1, it was actually visualized by QT in an early draft of the script.

A Vol. 1 trailer did indeed have a Pai Mei scene in it which of course was not in Vol. 1, so the fact that the scene with Bill in one of the Vol. 2 trailers was not in Vol. 2 simply means it'll be in Vol. 3 stick out tongue

jtpimp_24r
The one thing that many people overlook is this is one film. Originally Tarantino didn't plan to cut it into two parts. So the original trailers had scenes from throughout the whole film. If you pay attention most of these trailers don't say "Vol.1" they just say "Kill Bill". But even still this isn't the first movie to show scenes in the trailer that weren't in the movie. Kill Bill is an amazing film. If you don't like it then it wasn't made for you to watch, it was made for me to enjoy. Long live Tarantino, the king of cinema.

Linkalicious
Well he did do a lot of changes in order to make them into 2 movies. Originally, as 1 movie, you were going to see Bill's face in the 1st 1/2 of the movie, but since it was edited to two films, QT decided to leave Caradine's face out of it so it would add suspense and give Bill the persona of an truly evil villain. but in the 2nd one we find out what kind of person he really is...

dragonx
first of all i would like 2 say i am absolutly not a tarantino hater i have been a huge fan of tarantino since the begining he is a god among movie makers,it just was i got pissed from the first vol. but i forgave him ofcourse and eventually i got the uncut japanese kill bill dvd but when i saw the same thing happend 2 kill bill vol.2 i got a bit confused but okay no problem only time will tell if the dvd of kill bill vol2 will include uncut version and maybe this time i dont have 2 get the japanese dvd 2 see the uncut version but anyways i am at least glad 2 see so many peeps supporting tarantino movies dont get me wrong peeps i do love al his movie including vol.1 and vol.2 i just drather see al the uncut scenes included in the final movies in the theatre then 2 watch it at home on dvd, just wanna experience the full glory of a tarantino flick in the theaters,respect 2 all of you and ofcourse QT

dragonx
ohh btw ice mario i sure hope you are right big grin

smokin'

lubeupwiththis
I kind of dig it when it switches to black and white with the bride plucking out the eye ball and then her blinking back into color. Kind of like she's switching into kill mode or something.

Aerosin
i liked it.....he must have cut it out last minute....4 the better

sarahvma
Tarantino has already said he plans to do either a double-edit of the both movies and re-release them or edit together the Japanese version (in which you see what really happens to Sofie) and release that in the theaters. Either way, he's hoping this won't be the last time we see KB on the big screen.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.