The Star Wars Holiday Special.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morridini
Hi. Does anybody know if the plot in this movie has anything to say for the any other books? Do we ever see Chewbaccas family in any books? I cant remember that. And has anybody here seen this holyday special? I have downloaded it, but haven't seen it yet. Tell me if it is any good.

yerssot
Lowbacca who pops up from time to time in some books like the NJO is family of Chewie if I'm not mistaken... that's about it

oh, and morridini... the movie is just plain awful. I suggest you delete it and not see it at all

JediHDM
i heard the holiday special was so horrible it was never shown again...so i'm not going to watch it. Yes, we have seen Lobacca, which is Chewies nephew if i remember correctly...

VengeanceGOD
Lowbacca is Chewie's nephew. At the end of the NJO, he and Lumparwumba ("Lumpy" from the Star Wars Holiday Special) assumed Chewie's life debt to Han. I think his family also appeared in a couple Han Solo books and were shown after Chewie died.

Julie
I've never seen the SW holiday special...everyone I've heard talk of it says its just plain awful

Morridini
I should have listended to you. I have just seen the Holiday special, and it was awful. The first ten minutes was only about some Wookies running around growling in their wookie language to eachother. To those of you who havn't seen it: DO NOT SEE IT.

yerssot
that'll teach you laughing out loud

Obi-Wan
Damn! But I wanna see it. As strange as this may sound, I want to see what the fuss is all about.

Morridini
That was what I thought, but now I regret. I couldn't even make myself see the entire thing, I skipped through the most of it just to get the plot.

Dirty Vader
Hey seriously I watched the holiday special and I liked it. Sure Leia's singing at the end sucked at the cooking instruction too, but it wasnt that bad. As long as its not EU or SW canon I dont mind it.

yerssot
DV... you're sick stick out tongue

Bagels
I started watching that and I had to stop. There was this one segment where Chewie's son is watching some holographic images or whatever, and it just DRAGGED! I couldn't take it. I knew it wasn't going to get better. Maybe they put Boba Fett in ESB to redeem his character. wink

yerssot
think it went on for 20 minutes that holographic thing messed

Morridini
Let me see.

Sorry to dissapoint you but it only lasted for 2 minutes and 38 seconds. It felt a lot longer though. What about that cooking show Chewie's wife was looking at, wasn't that terrible?

yerssot
you're serious??? it was only 2 minutes 38????

Morridini
Yup. I have it right here at my computer. The holograpgic show started 8 minutes into the movie and ended 10 minutes and 38 seconds into the movie.

Sesse
That film is actually a bit boring.

I had to skip a few minutes when that damned holo-theater started.
You must be a real jedi to be able to watch that film from intro to credits.

yerssot
a BIT boring?? you must have seen another movie, cause the holiday special is deadly boring stick out tongue

Sesse
No, No. I enjoyed it alot. It was 2:30 am when I started watching it.
----------------------------------
Itchy: Grrr! Hrrrgh!
Lumpy: Grrrgghh! yyyrhrhrhg!
Malla: yyrrh yrrhrh growl!
Itchy: Grr! urgh! Grunt!
-----------------------------------

Like one finnish guy said: "Somewhere in a galaxy far far away was a planet called Kashyyk where the wookies lived. And growling in there lasted from the crack of dawn to dusk.

-Someone who has seen the HDS.-

Bagels
It's hard to believe that the holographic thing was only 2:38, but I think I know why it felt like longer. It was already dragging horribly by the time they got to it.

amity75
I was hoping they'd add the holiday special to the DVD OT release but I don't think it's gonna happen.

yerssot
of course not! GL wants to personally erase every holiday special that's around

amity75
He'll have to come to my house then to get a hold of mine.

yerssot
you're that eager to ... keep it?? blink

bobcrickett
Pfft, why the hell would you watch THAT?

amity75
Why the hell would you come here looking for guys?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.