Abomination vs. The Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
Used to be said Abomination was the only one who stood a chance of beating the Hulk. He's meaner greener and stronger, but the hulk has an endless energy. Abomination could prob. beat juggernaut too. He may be the strongest one there is. Who else finds him a radical baddie.

SuperDarryl
omg...The Hulk has whipped the Abominations ass all over the place numerous times. More than I can count, let me look around for some evidence, wait right their, I'll post some proof in a sec..

SuperDarryl
Lays the smack down on The Abomination

JuggernautFan
i think (could be wrong though) this should be debated with the original abomination. whom was in a 200 ton class level. the one who beat savage hulk to a pulp. the one that was as strong and savage as maestro. who beat smart hulk to a pulp. now debate away instead of saying "hulk lays the smack down".

SuperDarryl
I"am gonna have fun addressing this statement. The Abomination was strong and did kick ass back in the day destroying towns and terrorizing people and all, but the Hulk layed the Smack down on Abomination multiple numerous times. A matter afact The Hulk layed the smack down on Abomination so many times he gave The Abomination brain damage...hah. The Abomination was so scared of the Hulk from being beat down so many times, he didn't want to fight him. So what happened is someone played a jedi-mind trick on him and made him more scared of some other guy, then he went after the Hulk again. Althought the story ended the same, he got the shit beat out of him again. The Abomination is useless, he's nothing but a chew toy, rag-doll, puppet to the Hulk. Once the Hulk begins to rage its all over, it's a wrap, cut!

SuperDarryl
Heres one of Hulk laying the Smack down on Abomination! laughing

JuggernautFan
that is the new abomination that bruce banner effectively cut his strength in half with a machine that he tricked him into. yes he has beat that version of abomination badly. but when abomination first appeared, he was atleast double hulks base level strength and beat the F*** out of hulk. he litterally beat the savage hulk into unconscioussness. but abomination back then didn't have the madder/stronger ability. but he still proved formidable to an increasingly stronger hulk.

kal-el
the fact that even primed abomination is only 2 1/2 times the hulks base strength ddoesnt give him much advantage given the hulks ragr/strength increments. Only someone like superman or Thor or doomsday have a big enough starting advantage to potentially beat hulk coz they already have 100 times his strength(at least 500 times in supes' case)

SuperDarryl
Once the Hulk reachs Hulk rage his just as unstoppable as the Juggernaut. You probably don't agree but it's true. The Hulk whipped The Abominations ass so many times it's not even funny, and thats a fact that you can't argue, thats the honest truth. Hulk reachs Hulk rage and kicks peoples asses all over the place.

kal-el

JuggernautFan
that's funny because when abomination was his original strength, he was beating hulk up left and right. banner had to resort to intelligence to beat him.

JuggernautFan
that's funny because when abomination was his original strength, he was beating hulk up left and right. banner had to resort to intelligence to beat him.

kal-el
well yeah i know that well, but hulk can reach aboms strength more quickly than that of someone like Doomsday or mano'steel or Juggs

SuperDarryl
Dude, ok he was beating Hulk at origianl stregth, although once Hulk gets raged up enough it's always over, look at the track record. Abomination gets his ass kicked twice as many times as he's floored the Hulk. How come The Abomination didn't want to fight the Hulk because The Hulk kicked his ass so many times, and messed him up physicologically that he was afraid of him. Give it up Abomination sucks in everyway. He gets knocked out by The Hulk constantly. He's one ugly dude. And he wasn't even good enough to keep around with the writers, writing him into story's.

JuggernautFan
try to follow, when abomination originally appeared, he was atleast double hulks strength. he was always beating the crap out of him. then banner tricked him into a machine that drained some of the radiation out of him, cutting his strength affectively in half. only then did abomination start losing, and only then did abomination not want to fight hulk. But at his original strength level when he first appeared he dominated hulk.

SuperDarryl
I see no more reason to debate this subject I have my rendition of Abomination, and my opnions about Hulks super-powers, super-strength. I'am not gonna just say that Abomination would always be dominating Hulk if he didn't put that radiation gama ray on him. Hulk's strength increases exponentialy when his rage is amplified. Another thing yes the Abomination is very strong and he did give the Hulk a run for his money before, although his strength does not fluctuate, it never has. Therefore you have to think logical on the situation. If Abomination's strength is constant, and Hulks strength adapts to the situation, how can Abomination defeat Hulk on a regular basis with brute strength? He can't, that is my point, thats all...

JuggernautFan
hulk has been beaten with brute strength. being physcially strong isn't all there is. hulk has set limits to his durability and stamina. if you overcome those i guess it doesn't matter how strong he is. savagery in a fight, and skill also would present a problem to hulk if they were more skilled than he was. there is more to "brute strength" than just how strong you are. cause everything when dealing with hand to hand combat dictates how effective you are.

SuperDarryl
Well if hand-to-hand combat helps determine the outcome of that fight like you say, I would have to agree with you. Thus you would have to agree with me that, Hulk has much more expierence in combat then the Abomination and is a better fighter then Abomination? No?

JuggernautFan
hulk is a better fighter, he has proven himself superior to current abomination time and time again. all i was trying to say is that it would be much more fun to debate original abomination who was atleast twice hulks strength, and just as savage if not more so.

SuperDarryl
Well I can say that it would be fun to watch the old Abomination and Hulk go at it. But being that Abom's strength doesn't fluctate, then The Hulk would come out on top in the end. IT would be a rough tough fight though. Anyone double the Hulks base strength is one bad azz mofo.

Wynndar
everyone has had a lot to say so far, and there have been a lot of good points, but i think most of the people who posted dont understand the Abomination at all...first, yes he had his strength messed with in one of his past battles, however, this did not make him a whole new character or diminish his powers permanently, just during that one battle, Abomination has been totally destroyed and recreated since then (Tyrannus story) ; Abomination, was and still is stronger than than the Hulk at base level...
Next, how strong is he? the Marvel Universe directory published back in the day states that he is in the 100 ton + class...they also state that he is one of the most powerful beings on the planet, he is one of the few people strong enough to travel using a leaping method just like the Hulk too...Juggernaut cannot do this why? because he is not strong enough...his powers make him seem really strong when he is using his magic unstoppability, but he lacks the true strength to launch himself into the air for miles like the Hulk or Abomination...Abomination is not in 1000lbs weight class like Hulk, he is a bit smaller, like Juggernaut 900lbs...also, Abomination's strength DOES increase. What are his powers? increased strength, speed, durability, endurance...also he has vast healing abilities just like the Hulk...one time the hulk melted him into a puddle with some toxic radioactive waste or something and he healed from that. Also, his strength increases in a similar fashion as the Hulks; ironically, it is the more afraid the stronger he gets...however, as demonstrated by X-man, Abomination does not appear to have the Hulk's psionic defenses.

Wynndar
There is no evidence from the most resent issues that the abomination is inferior to the Hulk...he is even smart enough to have been behind the death of Betty Banner...he is actually quite dynamic if u know the stories about him and his history with Banner, or how he still longs for his former lover...he is not some smash everything hired criminal like some super strong villains...sometimes he is goo, he has rescued woman in danger and protected the homeless...he has different motives which make him much more formidable, substantial, and interesting... in the last battle with Hulk he was pretty much kicking his ass...but when talk about Abomination being behind the murder of Hulk's wife, that fueled him with enough rage to shatter Abomination's face...if Hulk has to be that mad to beat Abomination, he must be pretty tough...the issue out right now has Abomination in it, and the story looks like its going to go on for a few issues.

Wynndar
*sometimes he is GOOD

VENOMfan
dosent his strength relate to his fear?

Wynndar
yea "the more afraid the stronger he gets"....in my first post

wolverine8888
hulk all the way be a good fight but hulk takes him every time. ecpt there first fight

JuggernautFan

wolverine8888
now that what I call doign ur home work

Wynndar
that is because u havent read as much about Abomination....marvel directory is in no way accurate...if all u know about a character is what u read in marvel directory then u dont have much argument...I will eventually find the issue where they state that abom's strength increases, it was an issue where AIM tried to use him to beat the Hulk...but it did explain that his powers worked on the same principle as the Hulk's except instead of being fueled by anger they were fueled by fear...
"that's the stupidest thing i've ever heard. juggernaut has leaped before, he can propel himself, into the air. but probably not as far as the hulk, since his leg muscles are MORE developed. but that doesn't mean juggernaut cannot leap into the air. also, his power influences him. he doesn't wish to leap over, or around anything. the power influences him to break/mash anything in his path. not jump over it. that was stupid of you to say."
That was the stupidest thing ive ever heard...leap into the air?...well technically both you and I can leap into the air....but i dont think we can do it like the Hulk...why? because he is stronger....u say the Hulk's leg muscles are more developed?...wouldnt that mean he is stronger? so ur saying Im stupid, then you just stated that the Hulk has more developed muscles making him jump higher.......but he isnt stronger?...anyway Jugs doesnt jump anything like the Hulk, u are comparing jumps of a few dozen meters maybe to jumping miles?...u r taking this too personally, ur a real bad ass though, saying it was stupid of me over the internet.

JuggernautFan
well you were simply stating that juggernaut couldn't leap. he has shown leaping capabilities of more than a few feat. that was all i was trying to say. yes hulks LEG muscles are stronger. but juggernaut can duplicate his leaping abilities. saying it was stupid of you didn't mean anything about fighting. so are you implying a physical confrontation. i believe that would make you the proverbial "internet thug".

wolverine8888
I most agree marvel dictionary isent very correct

wolverine8888
alot of guy have become better since then or worse

Maelstrom
Thanks for the info Juggernautfan, i had heard when i was a boy in the 70s that Abomination was stronger but didn't know how drastically. As for Hulk, one can only get so angry. You can only get angry enough to die, and Hulks anger ratio doesn't inversely protect him, it is purely an emotional thing. He increase in strength due to anger, not to submission. If one is strong enough to last toe to toe with him, down goes Hulk. Someone with a good hanky could beat the Hulk, Just kidding, hes tough, but you gotta love that mug on Abomination.

chilled monkey
Wynndar: I quite like the Abomination. As you point out, he has some depth; he's not a one-dimensional 'bad guy'. I think that he has potential to be a good 'anti-hero', like what happened with Venom.

He has beaten the Hulk before. Under the right circumstances, I think he could do it again. At the least, he would give him a good fight.

kal-el
in the last fight, hadn't banner slept with Blonsky's woman? I got it downstairs but cant be arsed getting it.

VENOMfan
well im pretty sure Juggy joined the Xmen so he is good. but Juggernuatfan probably can confirm or deny this rumor so i will wait for his response

Wynndar
i think ur talkin bout J2

wolverine8888
juggy is good I got the comics lol

wolverine8888
the newest uncanny x-men wolverine just killed magneto and charlie going like crazy think he should honnor some dude who just try to kill like every one. juggy lifting shit up trying to find people

Never
Abomination cannot beat Hulk. He even STATED he "cannot defeat the Hulk."

End quote.

Maelstrom
Abomination could beat any hero or villian on earth. That is why he faces the trials he does and why he admited he could not win. Hulk may be stronger but Abomination is strong enough.

Never
Not on your life. He cannot defeat Hulk (as HE said, and that is a quote. Not my words), Iron Man, Doctor Doom, Invisible Woman, Storm, Phoenix, Xavier, Magneto, Black Bolt, Moondragon - should I continue? I can, no problem.

Wynndar
he can hang with iron man...maybe even magneto....i wouldnt call it a closed shut case with those two....but the rest of those people would trash him

Never
Wynndar, Abomination's only hope against Iron Man would be hand to hand, and Tony Starks is not that stupid. Remember Iron Man is Class 100 also, is airborne, with heat/cold/repulsor/cluster bombs - anything he can implement technologically the suit has.

He could melt The Abomination.

Magneto? Are you serious?

Wynndar
yea but the thing is that abomination's powers r very similar to the Hulk's...a anit-villain/foil to the Hulk...an anti hulk, who gets stronger with fear...he is also no idiot (Blonsky version)...he wouldnt try to just muscle iron man and magneto around....he is a pretty dark and nasty guy when he has to be...one of the darkest ones...Im not trying to say he would win...i was just being like u when u said batman would beat wolverine....everyone immediately boo'd batman and u stood up for him....im jus saying, dont sleep on abomination....i would honestly enjoy seeing him beat either iron or magneto

JuggernautFan
yes current juggernaut who has at the very most half of juggernaut's true power has joined the x-men. his history has been changed, his power has been changed and his whole attitude has been changed. if you want to call that the juggernaut, then yes he has joined the x-men.

JuggernautFan
current juggernaut isn't J2. J2 isn't even in continuity. it was just a spin off storyline of juggernaut's dissappearance in main stream marvel. it was fun to watch J2 fight the hulk, but like i said it wasnt continuity.

Wynndar
so the Juggernaut with the x-men is the regular jugs?....has he gotten over his beef with charlie?

JuggernautFan
well, current cain marko doesn't possess all the same powers the original juggernaut had. like i said they are at best, half of what they were. plus the writer disregards already written pasts, this cain has a different past. or altered anyway. juggernaut now play's ball all day with a fishboy named sammy, is fatally wounded by an explosion that the other x-men survive unharmed within arms reach of him. is bloodied up nearly ever fight, and picks on school children. literally. it's a waste of time to read about him. he doesn't even have his old armor. it is a mock gold and blue armor. it doesnt even protect him from telepathic assault. kinda pathetic. it's not even explained how he lost his power or anything.

eleveninches
When did juggernaught lose hisfull powers?

Wynndar
i was wondering about that....i bout an uncanny x-men a few months ago and he was on the coverholding nightcrawler in his hand....he wasnt actually in the issue...i havent been keeping up with that book much right now, but sounds like the writer isnt doing a great job if thats what he's done to Jugs...what about his age, do they factor that too?...Jugs isnt a young guy, but it sounds like they portray him as one now.

VENOMfan
if it matters to anyone......

Notes: Juggernaut's superhuman power diminished during his stay in the Ultraverse, from All New Exiles Infinity through #5. Recently, his powers has diminished again as of Uncanny X-Men #410.

Asian Hulk
Abomination is one of the Hulk's villain but we can see him in the second Hulk movie

Maelstrom
no way hes in the next hulk ty for the tip

Tough Guy
IVE HEARD THOSE STATE ABOMINTION GROWS STRONGER WITH FEAR, THIS IS UN TRUE, HE HAS A BASE STRENGTH VASTLY SUPERIOR TO HULK AT BASE LEVEL, HOWVERE THE HU;K IS THE ONLY COMIC HERO( UN GOD LIKE) TO HAVE LIMITLESS STRENGTH, ARGU AT YOUR PERIL

Maelstrom
I meant Abomination could beat anyone in a fist fight i guess. Not that he could take any beating from any kind.
In secret wars(the original) when Molecule Man dropped a mountain range on the hero's weighing billions of tons and Hulk caught it while some others hollowed out a cove for them to have room under it...
Hulk in his banner mind state stated that the only reason he could hold the mountain range was cause he had leverage. An impressive feat to tell but in essence he admitted he isn't "that strong". I admit it would be kool if he was...

baddspellahl4
most likley every form of hulk has whooped aboninations they include zen banner savage hulk maestro and many more

Wynndar
Modok said Abom's strength increases with fear..

Tough Guy
I DONT KNOW ABOUT VARIOUS COMIC BOOK MISTAKES, IN EVERY BIO FOR ABOMINATION HE IS NOTED AS BEING STRONGER THAN HULK ON BASE LEVEL, YET UNABLE TO GROW STRONGER. OTHERWISE HED BE SUPERIOR TO HULK, NOT AN IDEAL ADVERSARY, STRONGER AT BASE LEVEL AND WHENEVER HE PANICS GET STRONGER STILL? HULK WOULD START TO LOSE AS SOON AS HE STARTED KICKING ABOMS ARSE, SOMETNG IN THE COMICS HE DOES REGULARLY, AND DOESNT END UP LOSING. MAYBE A COMIC PUT THAT IN ( MODOK) AS THEY WERE GONNA TRY SOMETHING I DONT KNO, HOWEVER THE STRONGER AS HE GETS MORE AFRAID JUST IS NOT A CHARACTERISTIC ASSOCIATED WITH ABOMINATION, IF IT WERE U WOULD TOTALLY DISSEMPOWER HULK AND STAN LEE DID NOT HAVE THAT IN MIND, IN AN INTERVIEW I WATCHED HE EVEN SAID THAT HULK WAS BASICALLY THE STRONGEST MARVEL CHARACTER END OF STORY

Tough Guy
AND STRONGEST AS HE CAN REACH VASTLY SUPERIOR LEVELS OF STRENGTH TO ANY OTHER HERO, NOT WHAT HE STARTS OUT WITH

Paola
Tough Guy: don't use caps here.

Tough Guy
soz paolo, but i made my point,

guy222
Originally posted by Wonder Man
Used to be said Abomination was the only one who stood a chance of beating the Hulk. He's meaner greener and stronger, but the hulk has an endless energy. Abomination could prob. beat juggernaut too. He may be the strongest one there is. Who else finds him a radical baddie.

Hulk>Emil

lawest9
Originally posted by kal-el
the fact that even primed abomination is only 2 1/2 times the hulks base strength ddoesnt give him much advantage given the hulks ragr/strength increments. Only someone like superman or Thor or doomsday have a big enough starting advantage to potentially beat hulk coz they already have 100 times his strength(at least 500 times in supes' case) i agree with this the abomination according to the OHOTMU and the wiki websites is not even class 100, in the passing years marvel has used him as a punching bag to make other class 100 heroes look good,much like a one time very good boxer in his twightlight years is used to showcase young up and coming talent, the hulk has beaten him so many times that this thread is really not that interesting.

janus77
Banner >>> Abomination.

Nestical
Originally posted by Wonder Man

i understand this is old & im way late to the party but there is no way in hell abom is beating juggs

guy222
Hulk>Blonsky

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.