Wolverine VS Cyclops

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

norrin radd

eleveninches
logan would whoop scott's cand @$$

Magee
Well i dunno. Cyke has the whole range thing on wolverine with his optic blast. Wich would make it kinda hard for wolverine to get near him but he would and thats when the damage would get done. Also with scotts new laid back look in essential x men i think there would be no holding back on his part. big grin

eleveninches
Do you mean the UK collectors edition, because that is about 4-5 years behind the current comic storylines.

kal-el
If scott uses his only power to its greatest effectivness he'll win a fight no worries.IT won't kill logan but it'll knock him out or put him down for while.and a while is long enough to claim a victory really.

wolverine8888
sorry to say this btu scot him self has admitt if wolverine and him faced off to the death wolverine would kill him mighty fast. also havok has tryed to kill wolverine be fopr wiht a blast and wolverine still was standing and kicked his ass. also cyclope has hti wolverine with just abotu all he ahd and wolverine dident flinch{also scot thought wolverine was a imposter and all the x-men were tryign to kill him. well all the x-men that were there)

Magee
holy shit i knew the uk was behind but 4-5 fukin years, holy shit. mad

eleveninches
You can still buy the current issues at comic book stores, but there are a few series (avengers, woverine/gambit, x-men, daredevil/hulk) that are collectors editions (collections of various publications), and are available in most big newsagents but are 4-5 years behind (only just featured the death of psylocke and the start of new x-men- e is for extinction)

ANGELIQUE
LOGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wolverine8888
wolverine would win thsi one with no problem

Never
Wolverine could not touch Cyclops if he did not want him to, and at full power his blast could flay the flesh from Wolverine's bones.

wolverine8888
havoc already tryed that it did nuthing tos top wolverine and that was old wolverien try wolverine the one now that can get incencrated and heal right back up. havok was deffently almsot as power full as cyclops. also cyclops has given wolverine all he had be for cuz he thought wolverine was a imposter. next it wolverine wanted he could dodge cyclops blast. also cyclop him self has admitted that if he and wolverine fought to the detah wolverien would be victor. I am sorry scot stand no chance at all and never did

kal-el
but scot can keep fryin Wolvie continuously if ya want.even if wolvie could heal like YOU say, he's gonna get blasted back 100feet each time so he's not getting any closer is he?

wolverine8888
havoc all ready tryed that and got hsi ass kcika nd trust me havoc was tryign to kill. wolverine just ran straight at the balst it not a thing that nock u back he fries u. also wolverien is a echanced human rember. also he can doge machince gun bullet rember he just deosent do it cuz he deosent need to in a daredevil comic daredevil states he dodgeing all the bullets. he also had spiderman thinking he might be faster then him

wolverine8888
wolverine on the run read it u will see

kal-el
I've got it dude but it's outta control b*llshit!

wolverine8888
why is it bullshit make sense u would get better had healign the more u got hurt also the wrighter of marvel made it so it can't be bullshit u my think it badly dont but it has to go with the comic or they wouldent be able to sell it

Rasta
Wolverine on the run; I.e. Wolverine on the run-- Bullshit writing where he survives a nuke. Need more info that that little one, it just doesn't matchup.

He is NOT faster than Spider-man, whether Spider-man thought so or not. Do not even try to ****ing enforce what you have just said.

Wolverine is agile. That's it. He is no Quiksilver or Flash.

wolverine8888
I ment in atatck speed lol and agility i talken abotu when they fought him and spiderman lol. also it nto wolverien on the run it venom on the run please dont assume stuff be for knowing what i trully ment or even the comic I was talken abotu the comic u just name is nto even a relay comic lol

VENOMfan
Are you talking about Venom:Run were wolverine survives a nuke? yes that series started off sane enuf but then it just got crazy, trust me thats hardly a reliable source and not to mention the "Venom" that series follows is a bastardiezed heap of jelly that just does not seem like it can die.

please this story tho brilliantly drawn was pretty much patchwork mumbo jumbo and you would need a psychic to understand.

wolverine8888
any ways he get hit with a nuke because these people want to harness venom power but they did not knwo wolverien could heal soo that basicly why they dropped the nuke to kill every oen for liek 100 mile radius

Rasta
**** off, you stated it was Wolverine on the run you ****ing retard. I only referred to what you was saying. Never will I do this ever a ****ing 'gain.

Nor did I assume anything.

Rasta
Still makes no sense noodle jedi. Wolverine is dead after a nuke, this writer was just stretching his powers to unbelieveable limits. He should be shot for the influence it has had on your dim mind.

wolverine8888
shit sorry I totaly ment venom on the run my bad. sorry i ddient think I amde that error. hey marvel the one that said that his pwoer that good now it make sense thou since his power woudl keep getting better. like the mroe u use ur power that better it gets he use it a shit load

wolverine8888
power

Never
Quoting any Venom mini-series is idiotic. Venom could never ever EVER think of withstanding the punishment that Juggernaut could dish out. It is STUPID to think otherwise.

Wolverine cannot survive a direct hit from a nuke. LoL, that is STUPID. You get VAPORIZED. Cannot heal what is not THERE.

wolverine8888
first off it a comic doesent fallow realy life second that not venom lol the a diffrent venom who is much much better in most every way

VENOMfan
Not all of them were written innacuratley, perhaps fudged a bit.....in fact a LOT in some case's. the ones that had writters who worked on Spiderman projects are legit. Carnage unleashed and Leathal Protector are not unnfessable and all of them are in continuty.

check out half way down the page and it goes into Juggernuat run in with Venom
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=96&page=4

but this new "Venom" series did go down the drain rather quickly between Run #2 and 3 to be exact. and mentioning it is pointless becuase a Symbiote acting or living on its own should kinda hint this story isnt to well put together

and "Venom" is the Marvel "Tsunami" project witch may or may not be in the actual Marvel timeline.

wolverine8888
story made bye marvel. so it might be wierd it will turn out making sense once it get father a long

VENOMfan
This is completely true. it was stated that in the first issue were Venom was beaten, he was as dead as you can be. the other Symbiote saved him. it was not innacurate Venom did get the shit beat out of him and nearly died becuase of it. the second time they fought Venom did perform better but Juggernuat was not beat in any sense.

I repeat Venom was almost killed, and quite lucky to have survived.

Juggernuat was not beat up, he left. I.E. did no longer wish to continue he got bored.

the Venom mini series was not too far fecthed and seemed to be ligit.
Such as "the madness" and "Funeral Pyre" were accurate in what happend within all of the characters limits and abilties

>>>>>>big emphasis on this next part<<<<<<<<
BUT the "Venom" series put on by Marvel tsunami is hardly a beliveable senario and sould not be referanced. and the creature it features hardly acts like the real Venom would. more powerfull yes, but still not something I take seriously the plot is ripped outa some dumb anime that looks like it crossed with the THING. and this is what the team
Editor: John Miesegaes ,Writer: Daniel Way ,Pencils: Francisco Herrera ,Inker: Carlos Cuevas was trying to accomplish on the begining of the series but soon dashed away

wolverine8888
the wild venom can take so much hits but the origanal venom is very diffrent and can not take nearly as much

VENOMfan
well yeah the mutated "venom" could kill Eddie, but the original could find a way much quicker to kill the monster Venom.

I mean it would be like fighting another version of himself.
one is harder to kill, but the other has to minds working at once

Safire
Hmmm.... I wonder if wolverine has ever fought Venom....
Who would win that..?
Or better yet Carnage versus Wolvie..?

VENOMfan
well they have fought in some ways. one was in a dream, the other was actually a team up.

there has already been a Venom vs Wolverine thread
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f43/t29054.html

and really Carnage would waste Wolverine, in seconds. Carnage can throw down with the Fantastic Four by himself

Safire
Ahh.. Nice. Yeah I agree with you guys.. Wolvie is always taking the front seat to way better characters.
I mean technically his only power as a mutant is quick healing... And when you compare that to other mutants like Storm's weather controlling, Gambit's kinetic abilities... or even Cyclop's optic blasts... He just seems weak to me... I mean quick healing? Don't worry everyone I will save the day... By healing faster the normal everday joe! Introducing the wolverine. able to heal faster in a single bound...
Come on!

VENOMfan
lol that last parts great

SuperDarryl
Wolverine loses this, sorry. Cyclops could just burn the hell out of him. Matter afact he could just burn him indefinitly. Ok I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he may win one fight. 1 out of 10. The only way that Wolverine could win is to get cyclops while he was in a pitch black dark place. Like Cyclops going to the garage to get his bike, and he finds that Wolverine is stealing it. Then Wolverine can take him out in the garage of course after he kills the lights. Hmm. that reminds me. Does Cyclops have night vision with his visor?

norrin radd
if wolverine could dodge from cyclops blast and be quick enough to get close to him, he would win, but it would be very tough.

wolverine8888
I have already stated this havoc who plast are just liek his brother hti wolverien full blasted with it and wolverine dident have to bother dodging it he ran right through it and punch havoc. wolverine was burnt baldy his arm had no skin on it any more but that about it. sorry wolverine either way wins thsi he could dodge cyclopes blast like I stated. cyclpoe him self has hit wolverine with pritty much all he had befor and it dident work. cyclope him self has stated if wolverine and him fought wolverine would win. I have mroe enough I could state but I sick of restating it all again. wolverine would win this one no doughts. there is also no prove cyclope could ever take wolverine

Never
Ugh, shut up. Havoc = superheated plasma. Cyclops = concussive beams of force.

It is not a RAY you can run through. It is...picture a wide ass PUNCH in the form of a ray.

He can focus it into a thin beam and punch a hole through a nickel. A wide beam is not as intense, but it is CONCUSSIVE nevertheless.

Cyclops has never "hit Wolverine with all that he has." Bullshit. There would BE Wolverine left. LoL.

Still LoL @ Wolverine being indestructible. Funny how Colossus threw a Fastball Special at Dark Phoenix and she reversed it, turning Colossus human. Wolvernie killed Colossus. She then simply lifted him telekinetically and tossed him into the fire she created of Nightcrawler. He burned to death.

They should ban people for inane posts.

VENOMfan
when did Dark Pheonix do this? so she basically took out the Xmen by herself.....I gotta to find this issue.....

wolverine8888
don't worry that never happen never just made that up I got the issue it nuthign liek that. also if u ever read wolverine vs havoc u would know wolverine ahs taken full on plast from havoc who just as powerful as he brother

Wynndar
"Carnage can throw down with the Fantastic Four by himself" ????
hahahahahaha

VENOMfan
actually he has. he took on them Spiderman and Venom packing a sonic gun during maximum Carnage. this was back when Carnage was more vicious and wasnt jobbing to Spidey and Venom one on one

Wynndar
i remember the human torch...but carnage would have no hope against the whole ff....invisible woman could just contain him in a shield or bubble...his powers would be totally cancelled...if any writer ever had the FF face off against carnage they r on some ish

VENOMfan
Well Carnage isnt what he used to be. when he sarted he even had psyionic abilties((nightmare halucinations, making new yorkers hate each other...not sure how that one worked)). but now he probably could only far well one on one.

but he'd still own Wolverine

Never
I'm frankly tired of this dumbass running behind my posts and attempting to discredit me.

Now, a QUOTE from someone else who REVIEWED the same comic book:

"My favorite comic story? Spiderman versus Willow the Wisp. A three parter from the early '80's. Oh, and a "What If Phoenix Had Lived?" That was cool. She comes back to earth after roasting the alien planet, and smokes all the X-Men." <<<<<<<<<<

Whoa now. Nice little arrows to point the way - notice it says "She comes back to earth after roasting the alien planet, and SMOKES ALL THE X-MEN?"

http://www.timespell.com/interview.html

Comic book name? "What If Phoenix Had Lived."

The comic wherein she owns Terrax The Tamer. Basically grabs his dome and turns him into a human being.

She turned Nightcrawler into a living pyre. She turned Colossus human and Wolverine ran his claws through his heart. I cannot recall how she got rid of Havoc. Someone interrupted her and Cyclops hit her with EVERYTHING he had. She staggered for a second, then sent a blast right through Cyclops' chest. She THEN realized what she did. She yells, and you see the Phoenix Force rising. It consumes earth, then our galaxy, then the neighboring one.

You then see the Watcher standing over the scene and commenting.

NOW, Wolverine8888 - either take your sorry ass and fetch the comic book that you SAY I interpreted incorrectly or stay the F*CK out of my posts.

Wynndar
carnage would own wolvie....wolvie has to be close enough to claw someone to hurt them...getting close to carnage would be suicide for him....carnage would run his tendrils through wolvies eyes, into his brain, and he would die

VENOMfan
yeah. but really I think Spider type power's just fare better in a straight up fight then Weapon X subjects

Spiderman,Scarlet Spider,Venom,Carnage

and

Sabretooth, Wolverine, Maverick, Cyber.

I say Spidey and the rest totally clean house

Viper
Wolverine would win, but it'd be close

wolverine8888
why the hell u guys talking abotu carnage that was so random. also carnage could beat just abotu any super hero in marvel that the relay good carnage but all of a sudden carnage got was weaker then he was. the weaker carange and venom I am amost sure fought spiderman and wolverine be for

wolverine8888
I liek to piont out stabbing wolverien brain wont kill him u know he done it to saber tooth that just a nice little fact u should all know. any ways wolverine would kick the shit out of summers

VENOMfan
well i do belive you have the facts provided by Never to dispute. I will make a new thread so this does not go off topic

hint: thats what Carnage was about, we got "Off topic"

wolverine8888
my bad lol

FrothByte
i agree that most spider powers are better than the weapon x program, but i think cyber has enough to beat anyone on the spider team (this is only my opinion though). the adamantium skin kinda makes him almost invincible, and even though his face is vulnerable its a pretty small target thats hard to hit coz he is a good fighter (he was one of wolverine's mentors) and even if he got hit in the face he still has that healing factor. plus he got adamantium claws and poison tipped hallucinogen.

wolverine8888
cyber I am almost sur edoesent have claws and dident him and wolverine fight eachother in a comic. wolverien can take any one on that list ecpt for venom unless ur talken abotu weak venom then he got a shot. when I mean take like venom it could go either way I feel wolverien would win more tiems thou. spidermna i feel be a good fight but I feel wolverine win every time

wolverine8888
I dont think cyber was wolverine mentor cuz wolverine far over 100 years old he was al ready I fantastic fighter way be for even jioning the weapon x team

FrothByte
here's a link that states cyber having retractable adamantium claws on each finger. check it out:

http://marvelbook.topcities.com/framepage.htm

im pretty sure that cyber was wolverine's mentor, but im gonna look for another site where it states that he was wolverine's mentor so as to have more reference.

as to wolverine being able to beat cyber, well thats the whole idea of heroes being able to beat villains is. and wouldn't be good advertising to have your hero get massacred by one of his foremost villains. therefore, they need to create stories where the hero wins more often than the villain.

wolverine8888
they fought a bunch of times it I am correct cyber strong but he is slow

wolverine8888
if not it

wolverine8888
actauly I think I have a comic with cyber in it I am almost sure he doesent have claws

Never
Wolverine was scared as hell of Cyber.

VENOMfan
well Cyber and Carnage are each teams trumb cards. but I bet Carnage would go apeshit and turn Cyber inside out..that should kill him.

and yes Cyber is damn near invulnearble except for his face but check out Carnage:Mindbomb a face is all he Carnage needs. but this is isanely off topic now ill whip up a new thread soon. until then any other Weapon X canidates?

FrothByte
PLEASE check out the link i posted. the claws come out of his fingertips which means it would look more like long nails.

VENOMfan
from the pics ive seen he does have claws. sorta like Sabretooth length depending on the artist

wolverine8888
ur right he has claws I was thinking u ment like wolverine. wolverien is nto scared of cyber wolverine does not fear any one

FrothByte
i have about 3 comic books where cyber and wolvi fought. in one of them cyber beat the hell out of wolvi and left wolverine as a bloody mass. can't remember how the other 2 ended, i'll have to search my attic for it. but i do remember that wolverine was definitely afraid of cyber. he nearly damn crapped his pants. as far as i know, cyber holds the most victories over wolverine than any other weapon x foe of wolverine.

wolverine8888
I rember them fighting in one and cyber was winning but wolverine came back for the win thou I nigth quite sure how it ended cuz it been a long time. I relay thought it was gay how cyber died. any one rember what cyber power were

wolverine8888
of course cyber would hold msot victory wolverine deffently better then saber tooth he won almost every fight they had to gether

FrothByte
did you read the link that i posted? anyway, here's the copied page.

Real Name-- Silas Burr

Class-- unrevealed

Affiliations-- Wolverine villain

Scale of Operations-- worldwide

Occupation-- criminal

Powers-- Silas Burr was a superhuman mutant with the psionic ability to detect and track individual brain patterns. The range of this psionic ability had never been established, but it apparently stretched in a radius of several miles from his position. Cyber also possessed superhuman strength.

As Cyber, Burr's skin had been surgically laced with Adamantium, making him virtually invulnerable to any form of bodily harm. He had a retractable Adamantium claw on each of his fingers that he usually coated with certain hallucinogenic chemicals. The chemicals induced fear and anxiety once introduced in his victim's bloodstream. Cyber apparently possessed a "healing factor'' mutant ability that enabled him to heal at a superhuman rate, presumably enabling him to undergo the procedure which laced his skin with Adamantium. He also possessed a biological '"age suppression factor" that causes him to age at an unusually slow rate.

History-- Not much has been revealed regarding the past of the mutant mercenary Silas Burr, a.k.a. Cyber. In particular, the origin surrounding the fact that Cyber's skin has been surgically laced with the nearly-indestructible metal alloy known as Adamantium remains a mystery.

Apparently, Cyber shares a common past with the mutant adventurer known as Wolverine. Wolverine claims to have once admired Cyber, but the two ultimately had a falling out involving a woman. The two mutants clashed with Cyber emerging as the victor, while the object of their romantic interest was accidentally slain during the conflict. Cyber believed that he had slain Wolverine in this confrontation, but Wolverine survived, albeit psychologically scarred by his defeat.

The details about Cyber's activities after his fight with Wolverine remain largely unrevealed. It is known that he turned to crime and eventually joined a drug cartel as an enforcer.

In recent years, Cyber was sent by his cartel to the island nation of Madripoor to personally oversee the distribution of a large shipment of a powerful new drug. Cyber contacted both of Madripoor's leading crimelords, Tiger Tyger and General Nguyen Ngoc Coy, under the pretence of being interested in selling the shipment to their respective syndicates. In fact, however, Cyber planned to murder both crimelords, take control of their respective organizations, and rule Madripoor with the new hallucinogenic drug.

Wolverine confronted Cyber on behalf of Tyger, but Cyber defeated and nearly killed Wolverine with his hallucinogenic toxins. With the help of Tiger Tyger, Wolverine managed to overcome the effects of the hallucinogen and his fear of Cyber. When next they clashed, Cyber lost an eye to Wolverine before falling into a barrel of his own hallucinogen. Driven mad by the resultant nightmarish, chemically-induced hallucinations, Cyber fled into the woods in terror.

Eventually, Cyber recovered from his hallucinations and had his lost eye replaced with a cybernetic one. He once again returned to a life of crime as a mercenary and enforcer. On one occasion, he led the enforcer group known as the Hell's Belles against the mutant team X-Factor in an attempt to prevent former Belles member Shrew from testifying against the drug cartel Cyber worked for. On yet another occasion, Cyber was hired by a cult group called the Coven to retrieve the "Tear of Heaven," a gem involved in a ritual near the end of every century that ushers either an age of enlightenment or darkness. In his attempts to retrieve the "Tear of Heaven" Cyber was opposed by Wolverine. On both occasions, Cyber was seemingly killed in the end, but his Adamantium skin helped him survive.

Cyber later surfaced in Scotland where he performed a series of bank robberies. Eventually, he came across Wolverine and Zoe Culloden, an inter-dimensional operative of Landau, Luckman and Lake, the mysterious firm that handles Wolverine's finances. Although he was beaten and captured in his first confrontation with the two adventurers, Cyber managed to expose Wolverine to his hallucinogenic toxins again. Cyber soon escaped from captivity and began hunting Wolverine and Zoe, intending to kill them both. The hunt led to the Muir Island mutant research facility, where, with help from the mutant team Excalibur, Wolverine managed to regain his senses and to trap Cyber into an ultra-high security, psi-shielded chamber.

Cyber remained sealed inside the chamber at Muir Island until he was freed by the villainous Dark Riders, on behalf of the time-travelling villain Genesis. Cyber believed that the Riders were interested in him joining their group, but instead Genesis used flesh-eating mechanical "death watch beetles" to remove Cyber's Adamantium from his skin. The Adamantium was forged it into a new skeleton for Genesis' captive, Wolverine, who was the true object of Genesis' recruitment.

wolverine8888
so wolverine beat him more time then he beat wolverine. also thanks for the bio

FrothByte
not really. the fights stated in the bio were only a few of their major fights. they had lots of run ins and skirmishes and cyber dominated most of these.

VENOMfan
also try to remeber the whole hero/villian thing. if writters just threw the two into a box with out caring about the fans or why good guys win the outcome of fights would be DRASTICALLY differnt.

FrothByte
Ain't that true

wolverine8888
yes but also then it wouldent be true cuz the wrighter are what make the comic thou it piss me off when punsher holds his own vs siderman that just stupid

wolverine8888
spiderman i mean

norrin radd

VENOMfan
No here powers are not that well refined and are not actually listed

Appearance
Height: Unknown.
Weight: Unknown.
Eyes: Black or blue. Her left eye can produce a yellow glow, when she's using her powers.
Hair: Black and long.
Features: White skin.

Summary
Created By: Tom DeFalco, Mike W. Barr, Terry Kavanagh, Ron Lim, Jerry Bingham, Mark Bagley, Jim Sanders, III, Tom Palmer
Real Name: Sandra Deel in Maximum Carnage. Frances Louise Barrison from Shrieking onwards. Continuity goof-up.
Current Aliases: None.
Former Aliases: Unknown.
Dual Identity: Known to the authorities.
Current Occupation: Imprisoned.
Former Occupation: Rock band groupie and small drug dealer (before Shriek); mass-murderer (Shriek).
Citizenship: American.
Legal Status: Has a criminal record for hundreds of deaths.
Place of Birth: Somewhere in America.
Marital Status: Single.
Known Relatives: Carnage (adopted husband), Carrion II - Malcolm McBride - (adopted son), DemoGoblin (adopted son) and Doppelganger (adopted pet).
Known Confidants: Carnage, Carrion II, Dr. Kafka.
Known Allies: Carnage, Carrion II, DemoGoblin and Doppleganger.
Major Enemies: Spider-Man, Venom, Cloak & Dagger and the Jackal.
Usual Bases: The Ravencroft Institute for Insane Criminals.
Former Bases: All over New York.
Current Groups: None.
Former Groups: "Maximum Carnage".
Education: Unknown.

Powers & Paraphenalia
Strength Level: Slightly above human. Enough to easily raise someone with one hand, but not enough to get rid of a straightjacket.
Powers: She fires sonic blasts from her hands.
Abilities: She is able to tap into people's minds, and bring out their inner darkness (fears, anger, hate), making them act in violent and evil manners. She can also use her powers to fly and to levitate objects/people, as if she has weak psionic abilities. In fact, that would explain her darkness powers as well.
Equipment: None.
Weapons: None.
Limitations: Her obssession with families.

Background
Sandra/Frances was a young fat girl, whose mother was ashamed of, and whose parents abused her. That miserable childhood drove her to drugs. She became a groupie for a rock band, and a drug dealer. That was, until Cloak & Dagger dropped by during one of her deals. Being a disturbed femme herself, Cloak's darkness made her insane. After that, we only know that she was captured and imprisoned in Ravencroft. According to her, she was doing some killing, when some cops blew her brains, and when glueing the pieces, the doctors missed some. I don't think we should take that version very seriously.
Pure speculation: Shriek could already have latent powers that were triggered by Cloak's darkness, by some drug side effects or by the near-death experience (assuming the cops really shot her on the head). Or her powers may have been created by one/two/all of those factors. What we do know is that her sound powers were only fully developed after her meeting with Cloak. I wouldn't be much surprised if she was a mutant with some psionic abilities, and her troubled childhood, the drugs and Cloak's darkness shaped them this way. Not a clue about the white skin, though.

The story: when Carnage escaped from Ravencroft, at the beginning of the Maximum Carnage storyline, Shriek talked him into taking her with him. After that, they met with Doppelganger, DemoGoblin and Carrion II. Shriek's childhood problems started to surface, when she talked them into becoming a family, where she and her 'husband' (Carnage) taught their 'children' (Carrion II and DemoGoblin) the evil ways. And Doppelganger was their 'pet'. Her powers induced everyone to be evil, including the citizens of New York. By the end of Maximum Carnage, Carnage had killed Doppelganger, Malcolm McBride was rid of the Carrion virus (actually, he wasn't), Carnage was dead (nope, he wasn't either) DemoGoblin had seen the error of his ways (which didn't make him alter them much) and Shriek had seen the light (no she hadn't).

VENOMfan
and Carnage can pruduce "nightmare's" if hes in contact with a victim as he did in "mindbomb"

http://www.spiderfan.org/cgi-bin/cover.pl?10293,carnage_special,mind_bomb.jpg

and he can cuase people to hate each other. thats why New York((he affected a entire city)) started rioting and is half the chaos Maximum Carnage started

VENOMfan
damnit to hell.....sorry bout all the posting....

anyhow what I ment to say was yes you were right about Shriek , but Carnage does not need here to perform these nightmares. Symbiotes do have some Psyionic abilities. Venom can nulify Spidermans Spidersense. and Track Carnage any where and every where

VENOMfan
ok last post. I pulled a Homer and now realize what your saying Norrin.

Symbiotes do not have Psyionic abilities. here is the Review of Mindbomb tho for those who care.

Issue: Carnage Specials - MIND_BOMB

>>> Background...
Carnage is currently taking a break between mass murder sprees (they must be awfully taxing for the average serial killer on the street) and is relaxing in Ravencroft. Ashley Kafka, fearing that she has failed to properly treat Carnage, has called in a specialist, who happens to be her former mentor, from Washington. His goal: rehabilitation. And what happens there ain't for the faint of heart....

As Matthew Kurtz, a psychiatric specialist from Military Intelligence, arrives at Ravencroft, Carnage is basically doing what he does best: insanity. Kurtz does not exactly receive a warm reception, but eventually makes it to Carnage's lair. Driving the symbiote off Cletus Kasady with a sonopistol, he pumps Kasady full of drugs and begins to grill him. Kasady begins a soliloquy that sheds light into who he is and why he kills.

Several pages provide, in truly graphic details, a visual representation of the inside of Carnage's mind. Just as Kurtz believes he might be on the verge of a breakthrough, Kasady rejoins with his symbiote. Instead of killing Kurtz, he keeps him alive, screws a tendril into his brain (this would make a great Excedrin commercial) and begins to "squirt bits of my mind into yours, show you what I think of the world." Through this, Carnage drags Kurtz down into the darkness with him.

My first reaction upon reading this book was disgust. The pictures are incredibly graphic, and the subject matter gruesome. Later on, I took another look and was forced to change my opinion. "Mind Bomb" is not a mindless gore-fest. In fact, it is really, really good. Artist Kyle Hotz draws Ravencroft in such a gothic fashion that you KNOW something wicked this way comes.

Hotz draws Carnage's world view in a very effective manner, such as the little Carnage mouths writhing out of Kasady's brain and Cletus as a kid holding twin butcher knives with a maniacal grin. The thing that really impressed me, however, was the writing. I've never heard of Warren Ellis before, but he is definitely good. He creates such a dark tone, not just with his take on Carnage, but with the way every character is presented, that redemption seems impossible. The reader instinctively knows that Kurtz will fail.

Carnage's philosophy is presented so effectively that it scared the heck out of me. In Carnage's previous appearances, he comes off as a cardboard figure, not really three-dimensional. In "Mind Bomb", you get a glimpse into his inner workings.

>>> In General...
A detailed look into the mind of a serial killer, with understandably disturbing content. If you're looking for something different in the Spiderverse, give "Mind Bomb" a try. A word of warning, though. Anyone offended by graphic displays of violence (and they exist aplenty) should spend their money elsewhere.

again my apologies for the false info. and thanks to Norrin for correcting me. thumb up

WWestFlashFan
wolverine8888 cant spell to save his life

norrin radd
thanks venomfan for the info

DarkCrawler
Lets get to the topic. Cyclops could just burn Wolverine in skeleton. I doubt that he can heal from that.

Wynndar
cyclops cant really burn anything since his powers dont produce heat...its cuncussive force

DarkCrawler
Right...but he could do this to Wolverine, leaving only skeleton...
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/article/sinister16.jpg

Wynndar
i wouldnt argue against it...he probably can, i know there r some hardcore wolverine fans who would disagree....who is that cyclops is blasting there in that pic?

DarkCrawler
Mr.Sinister.

Arachnoidfreak
id love to say Deadpool, but he would be so out of his league here. well, he may be able to give Spiderman a run for his money....until Parker gets tired of Deadpool's smart mouth.

asana
i dont much if this fight will be long
as most of u people will say wolverine will win
to me cyclops will need his optic blast which will be extremely helpful
that all
he need to have his goggles on thisfight b/c if he takes them off he wont be able to fully control maybe i dont
but if wolverine get close to cyclops its over for him
cyclops to beat wolverine from a distance not close or hand to hand
but i think wolverine will manger to get close for the killing slash

Havoc470
cyclops has shot wolvie point black in the face (goggles on) and wolvie got up from it

who?-kid
Wolverine would probably win, but Cyclops is underrated: he's a good and very clever fighter, and knows how to use his optic beams very well.

In the end, he would lose, but he could give Wolverine a hard time, that I'm sure.

Havoc470
yeah definitely, he's one of the most underrated xmen imo, and he's the leader lol

The Flash
Wolverine after a tough fight.

jinzin
wolverine would mop the floor with scott's pretty face. Scott blasting Wolverine far away is just about the best thing he can do so he can have a head start to run away. (i know eveyone's powers are different in the ultimate universe) but wolverine kicked scotts candy a$$ and was about to get really serious before he got put on his arse with psychic force. (i'm pretty certain at least these two mutants have power levels rouphly comparible to their original incarnations. ) even if not cyclops has blasted Wolverine a few times in the current timeline with little and temporary effect.
p.s.
this is kinda off subject but, in the AOA timeline I know everyone was way more badass than usual but did anyone ever notice that cyclops was able to take out wolverine's entire hand bones and all? how the hell did he do that to adamantium, that's such a load of crap.

Vegetto
I love Wolverine and I would prefer him to win, but I'm almost certain that I read somewhere that cyclopse's beams is powerful enough to shatter adamantium... I'm gonna hafta try and find where I saw that tho... I only remember that because it struck me as odd that it was never mentioned before, so it really sticks out in my mind. Seemed to me like they jacked his power up a few notches to make him more popular with readers.

Cosmo Kramer
im not sure if i already posted on this judging by how old it is but i know Wolverine wins! Happy Dance

Havoc470
it would explain AoA

jinzin
Cyclops has had plenty of times to blast Wolverine and wolverine barely gets fazed (more pissed off than anything) wolverine would gut him like a fish.

radioboy121
In AOA, Cyclops took off Wolverine's hand, but he demonstrated near the end that he could still retract his claws from there. I think it was mentioned somewhere that the adamantium stunted or neutralized the possibility of regrowth.

Havoc470
ohhhhhhhhh, thanks for the explanation

jinzin
is that sarcasm i detect?

Havoc470
nope, i actually didnt know that and im happy i do now lol

Imperial_Samura
I like Cyclops better, but in a battle I would go with Wolverine. He has the speed, healing powers, strength and offensive capabilities to take down Cyclops, I think, quite quickly.

muffin man
wolveriene because he would get help from the other x-men

who?-kid
During the fight with Proteus, Cyclops kicked around Wolverine pretty easy (and Nightcrawler and Storm also at the same time for that matter).

He's been the leader of the X-Men for a reason.

radioboy121
The circumstances during that bout hardly qualifies as a real matchup. Wolverine was terribly shaken up after he was literally rearranged/altered by Proteus. Cyclops taunted him to get him out of his funk. Nightcrawler and Storm were merely bewildered by Cyclops behavior (not realizing that the attack was merely a ruse).

Second, on a later issue Cyclops and Storm battled for leadership of the X-Men and Storm just embarassed him.

Imperial_Samura
True.

"He's been the leader of the X-Men for a reason"

Due to the fact he is a good leader. A leader has to be a team player, good at thinking and planning and managing etc... being the best fighter is not always the sole requirement for leadership.

pr1983
cos cyclops couldnt fight back then, he can now(ill post the link later), although i dunno if he could beat wolvie, i'd love to see it though, i think either guy could take it(regular versions).

emraldguardian
It all depends on the setting, if its out in the open and they start a lil distance away Wolverine could never get close to Cyclops but if it was in like a jungle or some covered place Wolverine could sneak up on him

who?-kid
I don't care, because Cyclops was fighting Storm, Nightcrawler and Wolverine - who was attacking real hard by the way, shaken or not shaken, he was still very dangerous - and Cyclops played with them. At one point, he even threw Wolverine to Nightcrawler.

And Cyclops was holding back, Wolverine wasn't !

In a later story, the X-Men (Colossus, Nightcrawler, Shadowcat, Wolverine and Rogue) attacked Cyclops and he went through them like they were almost nothing. They only slowed him down a bit. Colossus, Wolverine, Storm, Nightcrawler and Rogue came after him, and he beat them one by one, using his brains and his optic beams.

Cyclops will not have it easy against Wolverine, but he certainly has a good chance beating him.

Ultimatespider
Wolverine could slash scott like a lettuce before cyclops could even crap himself. But (As seen in the comics and the X-2 movie) scott can be Really kick-ass when he wants to. And if he took of his visor wolvie would be in alot of trouble, but i still think wolverines victory is inevitable in this fight , sustaing a few wounds but i think he'd live.

Yeah... For me its wolverine! R.I.P Cyclopsangel

jinzin
Wolverine's gonna win cause even if cyclops takes some sort of an advantage, Superman is gonna fly in grap scott and trow him into the sun for stealing his haircut.

Havoc470
lol

wolvie takes it on the count of cyclops haircut infringement

radioboy121
More rather, who else wanted to take up the mantle. Sure, he's a good leader, but Wolverine wasn't hardcase about having it. Storm, Shadowcat, Nightcrawler, Rogue, etc. sure weren't up to it when given the chance either.

This is a one-on-one fight. Leadership/strategic skills... Both contenders have their own distinction in this and you can't discredit Wolverine just due to the fact that he isn't the primarily leader. And on the latter, Storm won that particular battle against Cyclops without her powers.

Anyone flaying around adamantium claws would be dangerous. Wolverine was disoriented. He was as much coordinated as Archie. Nightcrawler and Storm's engagement in the predicament should hardly be classified as a fight.

I can't remember this one. I remember Rogue, Colossus, and Wolverine (as Death) going against a slew of X-Men, but this encounter doesn't ring a bell. Do you happen to remember this issue?

Havoc470
thank you for explaining both sides of the equation

muffin man
if you remove their powers and claws wolverine would win because of his samurai training

who?-kid
Don't ask me the original comic number, because in my country, the numbering is completely different, but it was the comic/storyline where Mastermind made the X-Men believe Scott was Phoenix, and that's why all the X-Men attacked him.

dark flash
oh I could picture this

Wolverine (running towards scott) AHHHHHHHHHH

cyclops (taps foot)

Wolverine (still running) AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

cyclops (smokes cigarette)

Wolverine (lunges)

Cyclops (blows skin of wolverine like common sense over a fanboy's head) (let's loose on his smoldering bones)\

Xavier (scott was that really necessary)

Cyclops (You have to completly defile a wolverine or else they just get back up)

Cyclops (good bye old friend hope you has a "blast" punk)

MatchesMalone
I'm going with Cyclops winning without a scratch, because Scott's blasts are too fast and powerful.

SnakeEyes
but he's a pussy

DarkCrawler
Let me explain the outcome of this battle in this graphical demonstration.

http://img152.exs.cx/img152/7450/wolverinevscyclops6az.gif

Go Cyclops.

Fanboy
Well if Cyclops went all out and shot off all of Wolverines skin hearts lungs and all the insides and crap then he would be able to kill Wolverine.

brainchild81
Cyclops wins

long pig
Cyclops wins if he has a good 10-20 feet between the two.
If they start in a octagon type setting, I think wolvie could get at him before Cyk' can aim good enough.

Cyclops killed sabretooth with one small beam to the forehead, he could do the same to wolvie.
The impact alone killed him, why would wolvie be different?

CorderaMitchell
Yea Cyke would win this pretty easily since poor ol' wolvie could never close the distance, even my class admitted this, I for one was SHOCKED

Yes and sorry Snakeyes,but this is where my problem with
Wolvie logic comes from. You may hate cyke and his attitude but wolvie wins with no logic of doing so, just like with magneto and probably charles soon.

People like wolverine's personality, no problem with that, this actually reminds me of Raph and Leo from the turtles. but fans want to see him win because of his attitude and popularity and, not within limits of his abilities, causing him to be written in obscenely ridiculous ways. Just taking a moment to make a point off of your quote. no offense at all.

long pig
Ralph and Leo and the Turtles were based off of wolverine and the other x-men.

ragesRemorse
this is one of those matches that would go either way. either Wolverine gets lucky and is able to get close enough to Cyke to snikt him, or Wolverine gets laid out by continuous optic blasts.

Creshosk
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
this is one of those matches that would go either way. either Wolverine gets lucky and is able to get close enough to Cyke to snikt him, or Wolverine gets laid out by continuous optic blasts.

Cyke loses an eye and. . . shoot was that fight before he got the Adamantium?

Well that kills that joke. sad Stupid fricken joke killing adamantium. . .

CorderaMitchell
It doesn't take that much luck to shoot someone in your line of fire lunging at you with a knife.

Crazymaniac
What if scott keeps on blasting wolverine when he gets up? Logan tries to get near him, and Cyclops blast him. Over and over until wolverine's tired

Crazymaniac
wait i change my mind

brainchild81
Originally posted by Creshosk
Cyke loses an eye and. . . shoot was that fight before he got the Adamantium?

Well that kills that joke. sad Stupid fricken joke killing adamantium. . . You mean in AOA? I think Wolvie had the adamantium. He still lost an arm or hand though.

Creshosk
Originally posted by brainchild81
You mean in AOA? I think Wolvie had the adamantium. He still lost an arm or hand though. Wait. . he can't blast regular bone material but he can blast through adamantium?
maybe the thing about Scott's optic blast on Logan's hand in AOA, he didn't blow through the adamantium he blew past it. Bones can't stay together if all the connective tissue is knocked out of place. This means that the only thing Scott's optic blast blew through were the muscles, tendants, nerves, and blood vessels in that hand which held those bones together.

Maybe that's how he did it?

But then what about the days of our future past where alternate future wolve was blasted by the sentnal and his skeleton was intact?

erm

Wonderman
After seeing Havok unleash on Wolvie with his plasma in the limited series i think Wolverine can take down Cyclops.
I'd be harder than beating Havok cause Havok can cause harm that Wolverine can take; but Cyke can knock you head over heals(like he did for Jean: lol). Wolvie would have a hard time reaching him but i think he'd manage eventu.
Basicly, eventually Wolverine is gonna kick your ass.

CorderaMitchell
Cyclops just hit the moon with his blast after removing his visor, in volume ten cry wolf.

A huge blast would knock wolvie back, and back, and back......

whirlysplat
It happened in the original Proteues Saga, Scott beat him big grin check it out around 127 ish I can't remeber the exact ish. big grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Keep it Whirly rock

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Let me explain the outcome of this battle in this graphical demonstration.

http://img152.exs.cx/img152/7450/wolverinevscyclops6az.gif

Go Cyclops.

laughing

Zahit
nobody can hurt wolverine.
he's kryptonian by way of his fanboys .

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by FieryBalrog
laughing

Thank you. I am an graphical master, aren't I? wink

Swanky-Tuna and Benito are still above me, but I am catching them...

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Zahit
nobody can hurt wolverine.
he's kryptonian by way of his fanboys .
The only true way to talke out Wolverine is with mass amounts of catnip.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/zanpanzer/Hulk181.jpg
MEOW!

DarkCrawler
Holy shit, that costume is ridicolous.

CorderaMitchell
I Already knew this would happen, Wolverine beating someone he can't even touch.

CorderaMitchell
It just goes to show...............

dvampire

CorderaMitchell
thank you

Logan 87
Even the polls say Wolverine wins.

CorderaMitchell
Wolverine wins because he's popular, and people are fanboys of him.

Its not good evidence, go by people who make good arguments, if you do, you'll see noone but 1 wolverine fanboy thinks he wins.

DarkCrawler
Oh no! The polls say that Wolverine wins! I change my opinion!

Look, I hired thousand bums to vote for Wolverine against Galactus! That means that Wolverine wins!

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Logan 87
Even the polls say Wolverine wins.

laughing

The poll just goes to show the power of fanboy delusions. Wolverine vs LT would probably have Wolverine winning in the poll.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>