Star Wars Galaxies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LanceWindu
Do any of you guys think that you'll ever get this game? You can play it online against a whole bunch of people. It looks good and it looks fun.

Julie
I probably will, but I don't know if I'll have a lot of time to play it.

LanceWindu
I hope I can find a copy. If so then I will play it a lot. But not too much that it takes away from my time here.

Julie
Gotta find the right balance wink

LanceWindu
I'm sure I can find the right type of balance. 2 hours of the game. And the rest of the time here.

Julie
What about school work and eating and getting fresh air?????

LanceWindu
I don't go to school and I'll take breaks everyonce in a while.

Julie
Don't go to school?????? what about work?

And good you always need fresh air....

LanceWindu
No I don't go to school or work. My parents say I'm a bum. But I'm getting a job soon.

Julie
That's good ..... where do you want to work?

LanceWindu
I'll probably start out at Wal-Mart and get money to get an apartment and pay for my car's registration and insurance. Then I'll try to get a better job.

Julie
i c how much do they pay....Shop rite only gave me 7.25 an hour....I think I'll defect smile

LanceWindu
Only 7.25??? I'll be lucky to get 6.50

Julie
ohhhh......6.25 is not bad...not good for supporting yourself on but not bad for spending cash

LanceWindu
But my parent's want me to start suppoting myself.

Julie
Tell them you need awhile to get on your feet.....work hard and they'll usu forget that they want you to start to support yourself.

LanceWindu
I doubt it. They've been bothering me about it for a while.

Julie
hmmm...a problem you have....honor your parents wishes you must wink

LanceWindu
*sigh* I try.

Julie
Do, or do not, there is no try. wink

LanceWindu
O.k. I won't...I mean I will.

Julie
better...better....doing is good....obeying is better big grin

LanceWindu
If you say so.

Julie
I think we're off topic....

LanceWindu
Who cares. No one else is posting in here.

Julie
true...when galaxies comes out...we might even be able to talk like this during the game...

LanceWindu
That would be so cool.

Julie
yea unfortunately I might have to learn what the heck to do to be able to get the game to work online roll eyes (sarcastic)

LanceWindu
You'll just have to read the manual for it I guess.

Julie
Though I love to read....game manuals are usually not my fav....I suppose I'll suffer through it if I'll get to play afterward smile

LanceWindu
If I got the game then I'd definately read the manual so I know what the hell I'm doing.

Julie
eloquently put......yet accurate wink

LanceWindu
I'm not gonna try to sugar sweeten my words.

Julie
good...I wouldn't want you to sweeten your words....the emotions are more accurately portrayed when they're not sweetened.

LanceWindu
Raw emotions always come out the best

Julie
so true.....when hidden your emotions are.....bad you will feel wink

LanceWindu
I only have a simple reply to that.

Yep.

Julie
smile ....a man of few words you are....

LanceWindu
Yup

Julie
smile see there you go again........hmmm say something long....repeat after me.....I love New Jedi Order and Attack of the Clones will be an awesome movie big grin

LanceWindu
see there you go again........hmmm say something long....repeat after me.....I love New Jedi Order and Attack of the Clones will be an awesome movie

big grin

Julie
much better ....thank you wink

LanceWindu
laughing out loud wink

Julie
What ...no words....goodness, and here I'd thought you'd improved a bit big grin

LanceWindu
Well if I where to type a really long post and just keep going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on it would just bore you to death.

Julie
wink thanks....I needed that reminder....yes short and simple is best.
So back to Star Wars Galaxies....when is it supposed to get up and running?

LanceWindu
Within a few months I believe.

Julie
Will I have to go to the store and buy the game and then load it on my computer...I've never played any massive multiplayer games before.

LanceWindu
Neither have I

Julie
If/ when it comes out maybe we'll both get the chance to try it.....not that I'm really any good at video games...I did get attatched to one called "descent" though

LanceWindu
Hmm, never heard of it.

Julie
It was the typical...go in and save the day type "shoot 'em up" video game....only you fight a bunch of mutant machines stick out tongue

LanceWindu
Oh

WHY DO WE HAVE TO WAIT SO LONG FOR THIS GAME???

Julie
something on the lines of "absence makes the heart grow fonder"?????? I really don't know.....has the release been pushed back????????

LanceWindu
Not that I know of. And they are going to Beta stages which means not too long left, but still a few months to go.

Julie
yeah i jsut read about that at the official Star Wars site. Soon very soon......

LanceWindu
New press release from Lucasarts.

This comes to us care of TFN

treepwood728
Did Anyone get Star Wars Galaxy yet? I'm dying to get it but i don't know if it's worth it.

yerssot
I wouldn't buy this!

it's expensive and you have to pay a monthly (expensive) fee for it
and it was out yesterday for the first time and the servers were down!

treepwood728
i'm gonna wait for it. I know it's expensive and that i have to pay, but it seems real fun.

yerssot
of course, if you want to give lots of money smile

Julie
I don't think I'll be playing, but oh well......my loss I guess

justinday15
do u have to pay, or can u play it offline?

yerssot
have to pay to play

cookies2006
But how are they going to do that when it comes out for all the game consoles this winter?

yerssot
all? only x-box and PC

cookies2006
Ah that sucks.But i have an xbox. Do u have to pay on the xbox too?

yerssot
yes

justinday15
Thats stupid!

cookies2006
So it's just like everquest. Cept it's SW.

DarthWing
Star Wars Galaxies(I thinking that's what you mean) is not worth playing for me.

Julie
KOTOR keeps me busy enough

Julie
not enough time to play video games

Mist
paying to play a game sucks. why dont they just let you play like counter strike? log onto a server and play.
how much is the monthly fee?
i was thinking of getting it, but now im not sure.

yerssot
the entire idea was to be an onlinegame; so the free server thing ... wouldn't work wink

fee: dunno, it's on the official site I take?

Kain Callavis
its true that the game is expensive.. and incase you were not already told, the monthly fee is $15.00.. not to mention that the game itself is $50 dollars.. dont get me wrong though... I am for the game, I have and play it and think its an incredible game with nearly infinate thought put into it... but I do realize its not very cheap... Ive played many many other online games.. and even quite a few others with monthly fee's.. however their fee's were more in the pricerange of $10 per month rather than $15... I was very against the game at first because I didnt think a futuristic or starwars based game could make an online rpger... but they did an excellent job... what I was most appalled by was their game cost + the more expensive fee... typically an online game, in order to snag more players, will make their initial hard copy game.. very cheap.. so people will buy it.. then smack the fee on them... but I suppose in summary is that I am satisfied... and by the way someone at the beginning of this forum mentioned that all the servers were down even on the day they launched this game... in reprisal to defend the game all I can say is that Ive worked on multiplayer games before and its very tricky.. especially with all the continual technological advancement.... Im willing to bet they found some massive flaws with the game or with their bandwidth while having all the people rushing into their servers... so they had to reboot the master server or update all of the subservers... my only complaint about the servers is that when they go into patching I think they should take the servers down and patch them up one by one. because as they patch they can only patch one server at a time... meaning its a large waste of time to everyone else on the game to wait for all the other servers to finish patching before they can resume game play....
the game is well thought out and a whole lot of funl... but it does come at a cost. so if you are willing to take a chance, and have the spare money... its a good game!!

highliferr
i have the kitt of the game...is anyone interesting?

highliferr
i have the kitt of the game...Star wars...who want's? e-mail [email protected]

TheOne101
since we are all star wars fans. does anyone else here play star wars galaxies. the pc MMORPG? it is an amzing game and is orth getting. for any star wars fan or non star wars fan it is just fun.
in the game i am 'Neo' in the server Intrepid contact me if u can and we can hunt on dant or something...

TheOne101
i would recommend it for pretty much anyone. it is an rpg and i dont even like rpg's but this is just...fun lol. i have been playing for about 2 months now and im almost a teras kasi master! and master pistoleer!!!

yerssot
what about ... you post this in the EU section where it belongs?

Ushgarak
Moved

Julie
I have no time to rpg or play galaxies.....but KOTOR I did spend a lot of time on....
Oh well, that's what I get for getting older and having to work (school)
less time to spend in a galaxy far far away

DARK ASSASSIN
if you havent visited this site then its definately worth a look:
http://www.lucasarts.com/products/galaxies/#home

i havent played the game but the site is......i must say.......quite impressive. can anyone tell me what the gameplay is like for those who havent played it?

Lurik
yeah

SlickRick69
Star Wars Galaxies is a pretty decent game, as far as those online MMORPGs go, if you're into Star Wars at all... it's basically Everquest set in the Star Wars Universe, so instead of wizards and warriors, knights, elves and dwarves or hobbits, you can choose to play human, wookie, bothan, mon calamari, rodian, twi'lek, or zabrak, and can later choose to join the rebel alliance resistance, or join the Empire. You can opt to be full on force user, healer, mystic, super powerful with 'magic' or be just a regular human dude, who doesn't buy into hokey religion and ancient magic, who believes there's no substitute for a good blaster at your side... I suppose the 'ultimate secret goal' would be to become a Jedi or Sith, but that's not really mentioned in any guide books that I've read, but there is supposedly some big secret goal or storyline still to come, the last time I played... which was awhile ago...

it's pretty cool to play in that universe, if you're into the whole Star Wars thing, but on the other hand, there's really not much to it, nothing really new or ground-breaking that makes it stand out, that I can recall after playing for 6 months or so... its pretty much all 1st or 3rd person shoot 'em up stuff, there's no climbing into the x-wing or millenium falcon or some troop transport and flying into space to destroy a death star, it all takes place on planets surfaces... you CAN transport to other planets, but there's no action in space, no tie-fighters or heavey transports or imperial cruisers bearing down on you from some 'small moon' that's really no moon, but a space station...

it's fun though, killing jawas and bounty hunters and all manner of critter from the star wars universe.

DarkCrawler
Oh, but there will be... check it out...

Cizal
At this point, many people are Jedi, and the Jump to Lightspeed is a only a short time away...If I were ANY of you, I'd take the the 14 day free trial, and try it out.

Mandalorain-fan
this game owns...
you make you OWN perosn and do what ever the hell you want along with hundereds of thousands of players! if you ever get the game or if you have it go to the galaxie Valcyn or somthing of the such and my perosns name is Exacuter Sedress look me up if you want but if you have any questoins about the game plz ask and when i said what ever you want - i ment it!!!

Morgoths_Wrath
huh

MadHeretic
I've been playing galaxies for over a year now smile (Starsider). In the beginning it was very exciting, but gradually it became repetitive and boring. Also for hardcore Starwars fans, there's nothing here that has anything realistic to do with Starwars. There are Vader, Luke, Emperor, Boba, Han etc npcs. However, they have changed the game so much from the original plan, especially with regards to Jedi, that the developers even admitted that they don't really care about actual Starwars anymore..It's not their fault though. It's impossible to make an MMOPRPG that's true to Starwars.

On the good side, for those starting the game, you'll be hooked for a long time. The professions and quests are all fun (until you do everything and get bored, which will happen eventually). After an year of playing, right now I'm on a break from galaxies, waiting for "Jump to lightspeed" to release. It's a good game despite numerous flaws and annoyances. Enjoy the game!

Boris
Hopefully I'll be playing again soon smile

celibi87
i also have been playing SWG for a year now(tarquinas) and it rocks...cant afford to let it go since they made jedi easier to get...though its kinda boring

Boris
Your gonna go for jedi?hours upon hours of grinding to get it then more to advance all while a TKM/Swordsman could destroy you........ maybe in a while lol

SpikeSpiegel
Anyone on Bria?

celibi87
yeah i know but its worth it since i just got the beta for jtl smile

Clai Keboa
Hey all, I currently on Chimera. I'm very new to the game and not quite sure what i'm doing. I've own a med house just outside of theed and have bought a swoop, speederbike and a land speeder. But i'm don't seem to be getting anywhere. If anyones on Chimerea please give me a shout or if anyone can help me.

celibi87
what is ur professions? thats the key to getting rich like me

Boris
You dont really need all three vehicles just the swoop although a spare is always good lol, what professions are you?Or would like to be....

celibi87
i have an av-21, 3 swoops and an emergency speeder just in case i meet a ns leader

Boris
lol they always go for the bikes hehe

finti
heard it was exellent

Morridini
There's only one big drawback with this game, u have to pay to play it online. That's why I have never tried it and never will. Too bad, 'cause it sounds interesting.

celibi87
yeah i can take ns leaders but they killed more bikes than i can buy em lol...already lost an av-21 to em that was the upset of the century

Julie
I haven't the time to get into this game

Boris
Yeah Morridini the pay to play does suck and I wouldnt have done it only for the free trial, that got me hooked lol and celibi87 sorry bout that av-21 lol I still havent got one sad

Clai Keboa
I've chosen Marksman as a profession (with hopes to becoming a Bounty Hunter). I've only the first grade in blasters. I do have about a Million credits, but all i seem to do is visit all different planets and POI. What i did want to know is how do you find out if you are Force Sensitive? - i would like to become a Dark Jedi (you know just for fun! haha). Does anyone know and if so could you help me.

Boris
Ugh more jedi wannabes lol, play the jedi knight series if you want to play a jedi, but if you really want it then....... In galaxies you have to be glowing, then an old man visits you and your on your way to jedi, which takes something like a minimum of 3 months grinding, to get glowing you need all the jedi badges, 5 content badges, one master badge and I think thats it smile

OB1-adobe
Wish I could play sad

Especially now I hear you guys are going to be able to fly starships

Mandalorain-fan
yea the game can get boring but i like the game , be able to do anything is really new to me and meeting ppl is awsome

Clai Keboa
Boris, forget that!!. I'll just go for BH then and eliminate them instead! haha

Boris
Hehe thats the way to go! TKM and investigation 3 works good - Jedi killing machine cool

Mandalorain-fan
if anyone here wants to see a movie of SWG here ya go
http://www.lucasarts.com/products/galaxies/main.html#droidFighter

darthbabb
i might get it but how fast does your computer have to run to be able to play it?

Boris
The main thing you need for this is RAM, 512 or over is good but a 1gig would be great, a good video card helps too, I've got an ok pc and it runs fine unless I'm in coronet/village which is where most people are then I get lag.....

MadHeretic
There's hope for us afterall. Lucasarts is going to take over the game from SOE! Finally!!!!!!!!!

OB1-adobe
Umm, well actually Lucasarts laid off a shit ton of people for cutbacks for basically no reason. So I don't know.

Koto K
I'd been playing Galaxies since Beta 3, and it was probably one of the most addictive games I had played in a while. I played for almost 8 months after that, but slowly I found it was getting tiring and repetitive. I reregistered after they officially announced the restructuring of the Jedi Class, and eventually got into the JTL beta, which was a freakin' RIOT to play...at first. But then I found after a mere two weeks, that it too was becoming repetitive and rather boring. I dunno, I personally find the game is severely lacking in interesting content and variety. I hate profession grinding, and while I do enjoy roleplaying, I find most of the roleplayers are situated only in certain areas and on certain servers. I played on Starsider for almost the entire duration, but aside from Mos Eisley, there were few places to truely get a role playing experience. Everyone was too busy profession grinding or were newbies looking for money or items.

celibi87
yeah i hate how newbies think they can come in and bum money off us i just try to blow em off if i see tehy are close to mastering at least artisan or marksman

Boris
I give new people lots of money lol

celibi87
why? lol...we had to work for our fame and fourtunes they can too thats what i think

darthcraka
any one on intrepid? im imperial names wirtcory in a guild called cc been playen over a yr now got jtl ect my avatar is the face of my char smile i have not become bored with the game yet, oi always find soemthen new to do plus i love putten on the storm gear and herassen the rebs smile

darthcraka
love this game best game ive every got addicted to

darthcraka
hahaha sup neo' its wirtcory lol

darthcraka
ok now that the game has been out for more than a yr eitehr of u ever end up getten it?

darthcraka
game rocks down to 30 dollars for game and its only 15 flippen dollars a month if u got a job this is nothen what the heck are u guys whynene about oh waa its to expensive but streight out game is worth it

celibi87
heh harasing the rebs? hmph i kill the ppl who harass me cause i like being perm overt lol...come to tarquinas ill show you a fun time in the cloner

darthcraka
only play intrepid all my freinds are there and my step dad owns account his char is on tarquinas, im tk fencer swordsman fs mele on intrepid

someone dleted some post or somthen couse now it looks like i posted like 5 times in a row and i know i didn't

Areora
Can you guys tell me something about Galaxies? I don't have it but here are the things I need to know: monthly price(for the mom), how do you buy a ship on it, how do you make a shop on it, and how do you make a camp.

Koto K
Monthly fee is roughly $15.00 USD (could be higher with the expansion, I'm not sure)

You purchase spacecraft from other players as you do every other important piece of gear in the game. You do however start out with a basic craft when you first start the piloting profession. I know with the Rebels its a Z-95, I think with the Imperials its a standard TIE and for the Hutt faction its some other peice of junk. Obviously, you need the expansion to access the ships and stuff.

To make a shop first you need to purchase a structure, then place it on an open lot. Then you build or buy a terminal to sell your wares, then you just set your price. To make a camp, you need to have the scouting profession, and you need specific materials to construct the camp. Then you just use your manufacturing tool, assemble the materials and then you have yourself a tent. To set the camp down, just click on the tent in your inventory. Larger camps come with greater experience in the scout profession.

SkatinWitAsaber
Yea i have the game but it has alot of stupid problams like i couldent play for 2 weeks cause i dident buy the new expansion and you need it to download the new patcher lol

mace=badass
check this video out its funny as hell

http://www.lookatentertainment.com/v/v-1046.htm

Boris
Galaxies sucks ass now, the cu fecked it up, don't waste your time.

Sorgo
Just bought it. W00t!

Darth Faunus
I rather like the new change in combat systems. Of course, being the cheapass I am, I'm simply using a series of free Trial discs, but they work.

Sorgo
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
I rather like the new change in combat systems. Of course, being the cheapass I am, I'm simply using a series of free Trial discs, but they work.

What's your username and what Galaxy are you in?

DarthMaul9123
Originally posted by mace=badass

haha

CobbleR
World of Warcraft is much better............ I canceled my account right after the changes, I didn't feel like learning to play the game all over again.

Sorgo
I've played both and I personally like Galaxies better.

Captain REX
Originally posted by mace=badass

Oh, wow...

King KAM
Originally posted by Captain REX
Oh, wow... hey rex..........hows it goin PAL?!?!?!?!?!?! just thought i would stop by for some healthy conversation!!!!

Hulk_Power
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Do any of you guys think that you'll ever get this game? You can play it online against a whole bunch of people. It looks good and it looks fun.

I like to play with your mom f***er.

jollyjim311
I hate people that say the Hulk sucks. Hulk Power, you should write a not that says Hulk sucks and then shoot it, oh yeah, don't forget to tie it to your forehead first.

Boris
Galaxies is pure and utter shit right now.

Pre-cu 4tw!

Mišt
How come its shit? I was looking into getting it, but I want to know what its like before wasting money.

Sorgo

CobbleR
Originally posted by Boris
Galaxies is pure and utter shit right now.

Pre-cu 4tw!
Amen brother! If they hadn't went live with the CU I might still have my SWG account.

exanda kane
If you want an RPing experience thast a little better than pretending to be a Dark Jedi in the forums *giggles in disbelief* then get it. RPing on SWG is brilliant as long as you get a decent guild.

Boris
Why is it shit? Have a look around the Internet about it. Find about about pre-cu times, then the shit cu, and the complete garbage of the NGE.

Go to Gamespot, look at the user reviews... look at the pc-gamer review, they tell the truth, the game was once great, but those days are long gone.

Also, SOE have the worst customer service ever.... EVER!

exanda kane
Yeah their customer service is wang.

But I still like, although i have less time to play it than i used to.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>