Silver Surfer vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

norrin radd
i want to know your opinions.

this had happen in a comic of silver surfer, but none of them really win, surfer was wining but he is being helped by loki, when he discovers he stops fighting and join thor against loki.

what really sucks is that thor was starting to use all is power exactly in the moment that surfer discovers, loki is using him against thor and that thor is the real good guy.

I vote on Myself.

JuggernautFan
but in the pages of the comic silver surfer admits that without his newfound might, his original power level is no match for thor. this battle also happened with thor in warrior maddness state. he dispatched SS pretty easily.

norrin radd

JuggernautFan
it would depend on the circumstances of when the "other guy" beat thor. and how surfer beat him. but even with his power, added onto what loki had provided him with, thor still didn't fare to bad against him. although you are right about silver surfer holding back most of the time (much like superman).

norrin radd

norrin radd

kal-el
there is the whole 'holding back' argument, that does indeed occur in superman vs threads. The point I usually make is that if superman lets go of his inhibitions, he wins(aprt from against the godlike characters). I would say the same for SS, but IMO he's even more powerful than supes.So if they put all powers on show, I think SS would win!

ScarletSpider
Thor has the Odin-Power now, so I think that would give him an edge over Surfer now. Although sans Odin-Power, I would give it to Surfer.

Never
Not so sure Thor with Odin-Force ranks higher than Silver Surfer in overall power. Will check on that.

Funny how you guys are sleeping on Silver Surfer. He all but killed Orion but paused. That is the ONLY reason Darkseid's son lived.

The Power Cosmic is indeed a force to be reckoned with, Odin-Force or otherwise.

Linkalicious
I can't wait to hear what Never's research results in...but i'll go with Silver Surfer. He's fast and his energy projection is a force to be reckoned with. I've seen him go nuts and he's near unstoppable. Doesn't hur that he's my 2nd fav character behind Venom

Wynndar
though it has no bases here, there was a what if issue where they fought and SS killed Thor...I think that Thor is a better fighter, but still the Surfer has a lot of raw power, and some of the cosmic effects he can produce seem like they would devestate Thor...the Surfer is much more durable, he can withstand Thor's lightning and weather attacks no problem unlike a lot of mortal characters...Thor would probably have to just beat him into submission, which doesnt sound very likely...Thor and Surfer are very similar that they are always holding back...but when they freak out they are very impressive....I would honestly have to go with Surfer winning this fight though.

wolverine8888
I nto sure if silver surfer can take hulk then yes silfer surfer wins but if he can't I dont know

eleveninches
Thor

norrin radd

wolverine8888
thor I think never even beaten the hulk once there for people should be looking at people who have beaten the hulk and if slifer surfer has beaten them.

Wynndar
Norrin Radd i just read it once when i was real young and never bought it....i dont know the issue number...i find what if's to tend to be worthless laughing

norrin radd

wolverine8888
oh aight thanks cuz I just bought to off ebay

Maelstrom
If Thor with his god-force can shut of the cosmos, and i'm not joking, then he would stll have to go punch for punch with Surfer. Thor in that case is a 100 class where Surfer is 100%+100class. When Thor fought Kurse who is 200 class he need his belt to win. Surfer is not only reinforced in body but his very skin is reinforcement. I'd say Silver Surfer could beat even Hulk.

kal-el
the surfer's body is the only one I've seen described as totally indestructable as well.It's very below him to bother punching and kicking though.

Linkalicious
To answer someone's question about "what if" comics....Some are excellent, others are not. I have a "what if the Silver Surfer possesed the Infinity Guantlet" and it's one of my favorite comics.

I don't remember but i think he basically zooms by Thanos when his hand is cocked back to deck Captain America's shield and takes it straight off his hand. Then he's brought before the Living Tribunal and i forget what happens...i think he snaps his fingers and eliminates all of the Cosmic Beings or something obsurd....still a good comic.

Wynndar
what if the Hulk killed wolverine is a good issue i think

Never
Apologies on the research. The thread has been deleted...I supposed the moderator did a bit of housecleaning.

There is no point in my saying "well, if my memory serves me correctly..." simply because I refuse to post anything I am not certain of.

I THINK the Odin-Force was in the same category as Silver Surfer, but...bleh. Will keep looking...

wolverine8888
I just got off ebay the what if hulk killed wolverine and also what if wolverine killed hulk

norrin radd
this post is about silver surfer and thor forget wolverine for a while

Arachnoidfreak
You should stop judging characters by who beat the hulk. There are so many cosmic beings that could smush the Hulk without even a second thought. For instance, if Galactus wanted to, he could simply EAT the Hulk. Like some kind of green Hershey's kiss.

Maelstrom
Does anyone think Thor is stronger when he is honorable. That is why Odin supported him on Earth. Todays Thor seems less honorable than classic Thor. I was talking about this thread with some boys, 3 said Thor, 1 said Surfer. They're both tough nuts, but Surfer is always busy moving and staying steady, where Thor spends his down time relaxing like a god. Seems to me Surfer puts more energy into his power than Thor. Plus i think Surfer is stronger in body. He's sleeker, his muscle has less fat, be it human "fat" or space fat. His eyes are probley white holes so I'd go with Surfer.

eleveninches
i liked the universe x Thor, when thor is a female and Loki tries it on with her big grin

Never
Found it smile In order:

Oblivion, Death, Eternity, Infinity (and similar beings)
The Celestials
Phoenix Force, Galactus, The Stranger, Master Order, Lord Chaos
The Watchers, Skyfather (Thor with Odin-Force)
Mesphistos
The Elders of the Universe
Silver Surfer

Wynndar
Never, it was my understanding that a single watcher and single celestial were about the same level, and the same level as Galactus...I would figure a Watcher would be vastly stronger than Zeus or Odin...whats ur opinion.

Never
Hmm, let me think about that for awhile. Here is an official endorsement, however:

Watchers can also psionically manipulate energy in the electromagnetic spectrum. >>>The limits of this capacity are not known: it is probably on the same basic level as such Earth gods as Odin and Zeus<<< or such alien races as the Elan.

Notice I have The Watchers even with Odin-Force Thor.

Never
Okay...will say that Galactus portrayals have been wildly inaccurate.

For example, in a Marvel vs. DC Crossover (written by John Byrne, who has quite a bit of Galactus knowledge), Darkseid gave some long boring speech (I hate DC for the most part) about his Omega Beams being the end-all. He unleashed them on Galactus...

...and Galactus smirked at him. He then put Darkseid on his ass with one energy beam.

In "What If Phoenix Had Not Died" Galactus states that he is more powerful than Phoenix, and she kind of acquiesces. Now I am not certain if it is because it is Jean Grey or he was simply being truthful. If he said that to DARK Phoenix she would have told him to kiss her Kotex.

THEN in Excalibur Rachel simply put the smackdown on Galactus. She is NOT nearly as nasty as Dark Phoenix, so...how to explain that?

Will do some more checking on The Celestials and The Watchers...but I **do think** that the list is generally correct as regards to the power hierarchy.

Wynndar
thats cool...yea i do think there has been some confusion caused by the encounters between Phoenix and Galactus...its just that i think Reed once said that Uatu's power could rival Galactus...and when the Watchers and the Celestials had their war...it appeared that the combined power of the watchers equaled the combined power of the celestials...I think maybe not all watchers have equal power...same goes for the celestials....and as for Galactus, his power fluctuates a lot, depending on how hungry he is...

norrin radd
thnks never, one more thing, thor at the moment is with odin power right? so odin died? and he is going to stay that powerful always?

Never
I do believe Thor currently possesses the Odin-Force. Not certain if Odin passed away; will look that up for ya smile

Doubtful if he will stay that powerful. You know the only constant in the Marvel Universe is change!

Bojangles
who would win??

a god or a herald of Galactus???

http://marvelite.prohosting.com/surfer/gallery/nexus/images/ssvsthor2.gif

http://marvelite.prohosting.com/surfer/gallery/nexus/images/surfervsthor.gif

Bojangles
i think the Surfer

moshtitan
ya, hes faster, defintely smarter and has more powers at his disposal,......BUT thors a better fighter, stronger, and has his hammer. tough one, but id take surfer

Arachnoidfreak
Thor is only stronger with the Godforce. The Power Cosmic is stronger than normal Thor. I'm going with Surfer, he can move at light speed, and can manipulate molecules.

and there's already several threads on this. here's one: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=292293&highlight=silver+surfer+vs+thor

try searching the forum before posting repetitive threads.

bardock
i like thor marvel list his speed at 7 and his strength and all his other abilites are pretty high i think he will win.

Bojangles
nope he wont

Silver Surfer
Intelligence: 3
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Durability: 6
Energy Projection: 7
Fighting Skills:2

Thor
Intelligence: 2
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Durability: 6
Energy Projection: 6
Fighting Skills: 4

Silver Surfer's average: 5.3
Thor's average: 5

i know its slim, but the Surfer mathematically has a higher chance of success than Thor

but thats mathematically, it really depends on the writers

ScarletSpider
I think Silver Surfer would win, he's faster, and know show to use his speed, and his power cosmic blasts have a wide array of uses. Although I don't think it would be easy, he'd feel like hell in the morning.

Bojangles
lol his head would feel like this wallbash

ScarletSpider
Cosmic powered hangover!

Bojangles
aaaaaaaahahahaha

ScarletSpider
Wow, this has to stop, like 10 posts between this and the Dr. Strange thread inside 15 minutes.

Bojangles
yes

moshtitan
surfers cooler, so i go w/ him

JuggernautFan
silver surfer would NOT win. he has already admitted while fighting thor, that thor is more powerful. even when augmented by loki.... silver surfer just managed to barely over power thor. thor in warrior's madness has also knocked silver surfer out with a single blow. admitting you can be defeated... and being defeated.... hmmm silver surfer loses.

Bojangles
no way dude he has beaten Thor before

goku-vs-superma
but thor is also a substantially better fighter than surfer not to mention he has a whole posse of gods on his side if it gets too hard

goku-vs-superma
hulk and thor sound more like an even fight

Bojangles
no way dude! Hulk would be demolished! the Surfer or Thor could dust the Hulk

Lord Ryugen
Man this one comes right down to the wire. I think SS might scrape a win but this battle's too close to call.

Bojangles
definitely, they both have a 5.3 average in power

'Vegeta'
Skill's Silver Surfer may be better but Thor would win The fight! Thor knows the Frost Giant!

JuggernautFan
could you give me an issue number. i've never heard of silver surfer winning. you are arguing against the surfer. he himself said thor is more powerful.

Lord Ryugen
This one relys on the ''Lucky Hit'' technique where either SS or Thor will get one shot through the others defence while they're both completley knackered from the fight and knock the other out almost by accident. And since Surfer may be slightly faster than Thor he has the better chance.

vu_Quang
hulk is strongest.. in the invincible iron man 6 hulk is shown to be stronger than thor and thing ....get this, COMBINED. he manages to close a valve to a gamma core that burned thing's and thor's hands.

i'm pretty sure that silver surfer could trump hulk with his cosmic powers. although i've seen surfer in harsh predicament that hulk would have had little trouble with.

anways if hulk>thor and silver surfer>hulk than silver surfer would win over the son of a god and very mighty Thor.

FrothByte
i would pick thor, basically coz he's been around longer so has more fight experience. but he would only win if he really used his head. on a head on fight id probably say surfer. thor with godforce owns ss tho.

Wynndar
"hulk is strongest.. in the invincible iron man 6 hulk is shown to be stronger than thor and thing ....get this, COMBINED. he manages to close a valve to a gamma core that burned thing's and thor's hands"
r u talking about heroes return iron man #6?...i vaguely remember that

moshtitan
that power cosmic just keeps stickin in my mind, i dont see thor overpowering it

bardock
surfer is only little smarter than thor but thor is better fighter. that little bit of smarts does not do much. whereas the fighting skill helps in battle much more.

Linkalicious
it's not a "little big smarter" Surfer is just flat out smarter than Thor. But I go with thor based on the 2nd part of your arguement....fighting skill.

either way, it'd be fun to watch these two go at it when they flip out because they're both a force to be reconned with.

I have a comic where Thor is mentally under the control of ummm...i think it's the Valkerye or some chick....and he beats Beta Ray Bill nearly to death...and Silver Surfer needed Adam Warlock and Dr. Strange to help him defeat Thor and calm him down. But I've also seen Silver Surfer beat the living daylights out of Terrax and Morg (seperately) when he lost his cool and went berserk.

Excellent VS. match up and I'd like to see the fight, but I'll go with Thor on this one.

norrin radd
you are a copycat, i had already started a threat like this a long time ago with the SAME IMAGES and everything.

i vote on surfer he is more powerful, the thing here is if thor with the odin force van defeat surfer? probably yes

norrin radd

Linkalicious
yes but he was able to spell surfer without capitalizing the U in SUrfer...so his is better yes

JuggernautFan
the odin-force would obliterate the silver surfer. why would i state something like this?? odin at times in full scale battle has obliterated -atleast- entire solar systems, and odin himself has claimed to repell galactus from eating asgard. so if he repelled surfers benefactor, how could surfer ever hope to defeat thor with odin power??? as for the classic thor i still go with him. silver surfer has said that thor is more powerful, even when surfer started to lose his cool towards thor in the throes of warrior madness he was still put down. he is clearly outmatched by the thundergod. not to mention that "Eric Masterson" thor (whom isn't as powerful/skillful/tactical in the use of his power) put down gladiator with relative ease once he started fighting, and gladiator has shown to be (here is that word again) -ATLEAST- silver surfers equal in everyway.

moshtitan
lmao!

Linkalicious
everyway?

Sorry, energy projection and speed are in Surfer's favor against Gladiator.

Though Gladiator's fighting abilities probably exceed Surfer's by quite a bit.

JuggernautFan
doesn't matter. power for power, gladiator has still proven atleast equal to surfer. and i doubt that he is "faster" than gladiator. gladiator can deliver blow's 100 to 1 versus a peak level character, can fly as fast as light itself. if anything else they would be equal in terms of speed..... no definate edge to either.

papablkbear
I think they should both just say screw fighting least just catch some interstellar waves. And then try to talk to some asgardian ho's

Linkalicious
all about the Skrull....they can be whatever you want them to be!

papablkbear
oops i meant let's catch some interstellar waves

papablkbear
I think they should both just say screw fighting let's just catch some interstellar waves. And then try to talk to some asgardian ho's

papablkbear
laughing

papablkbear
how do the skrulls fit into this fight i thought it was between thor and surfer. Unless they just happen to jump in then yea i can see surfer and thor gettin there butts kicked

Linkalicious
oh....i was commenting on your "Asguard Ho's" comment. If the Asguad chicks are too butch, you could always opt for a Skrull. You can get them to look like Pamela Anderson if you asked one nicely....

papablkbear
Oh right on. Maybe a harem of woman tyra banks, pamela anderson, hallie berry, and a few others i wouldn't mind playing with thumb up

Lord Ryugen
That'd be intresting to read laughing out loud

papablkbear
wouldn't it be a damn good read

papablkbear
Surfer would forget all about shalla bal and it wouldn't have to be "Where ever the silver surfer sores he sores alone"

Wynndar
u mean soars right?...i guess while its sexual like that u could really mean sores.....but oh well....hehehe...

papablkbear
ya i meant sores as in std's type sh*t

Bojangles
want a cookie? What the f**k?

manjaro
i'd go w/the Surfer. Thor's powers are pretty straight forward. Speed, Strentgh , Invulnerablity, lightnting and thunder. But on the other hand the Surfer is sooo powerful he may as well be a god. and his power is so vast and complex that any decent writer would be able to use his imagination a million different ways to show why he would or should win

moshtitan
maybe its a tie?

JuggernautFan
thors abilities extend farther than just lighting and thunder. i say surfer would win if thor was fighting without his hammer. but with the hammer...... mjolnir is so powerful in thor's hand it's not even funny. silver surfer is not a match for thor. well he is, but not likely that he would win. even he admitted that thor's power was greater. i wish people would understand this.

Lord Ryugen
Well I haven't been able to read many comics with Thor and Silver Surfer so I'm just going on a gut feeling and my gut says that SS has a slightly better chance of winning. (It also says I need pizza...lots of pizza.)

FrothByte
i think i remember Never stating something like mjolnir can absorb energy attacks. if this is the case, wouldn't he also be able to absorb the power cosmic of SS. if this happens then it comes down to a fist fight, and with this im really rooting for thor.

norrin radd
what??? surfer never said that thor was more powerful then him, he said thor was more powerful then he thought, then he THOUGHT.
When surfer puts something on his mind he is unstoppable, he can beat thor.

moshtitan
if it was a fist fight, thor would whoop s.s. ass so hard galactus would feel it. (j.k.)

FrothByte
i will adress my next statement to Never. Never, u said before that mjolnir can absorb energy attacks... do you think it can absorb silver surfer's cosmic power if ever he uses this to attack thor?

Wynndar
i will take a stab at ur question....although im pretty sure Thor has employed this strategy against one of the Heralds, the best example is when the fantastic four, with the help of some avengers "killed" Galactus...Reed Richards realized they needed to save his life and built a machine to revive him...guess how they powered this machine?....Thor powered it with the energy of Mjolnir, however, Galactus totally drained it and the almost sucked the life from Thor...thus it seems that Mjolnir is pretty powerful if it can produce enough energy to bring back Galactus, the Surfer's creator

JuggernautFan
do you have the issue?? surfer said had he not been augmented by whatever power he was recieving that thor would have been more powerful than his own power cosmic. i suggest that -if- you do have the issue you should go read it again.

JuggernautFan
mjolnir can absorb any energy directed at it. mjolnir in thor's hand is a powerful weapon. one i don't think that surfer can contend with.

JuggernautFan
Mjolnir CAN absorb most any form of energy, can negate certain types of energy. silver surfer would lose atleast 6 out of 10 times. he has admitted that thor's power is greater than his own. i dont' even know why this is even being debated anymore.

norrin radd

norrin radd

norrin radd

Victor Von Doom
I'd go for Thor. They're both more or less invulnerable but Thor has to take it on experience and fighting skills.

vu_Quang
yes even hulk can't lift his hammer off the ground...

speaking of that blasted hammer i belive i read this in wizard;..

thor's hammer is attracted to his hand like no other force; unstoppable. he threatened this power against loki his half brother i believe.. by giving him an altumatum as he held loki's head with his hand and then throwing his hammer into the atmosphere. he told loki to make good because there's nothing that can stop mjolnir from reaching his hand NOT EVEN LOKI'S HEAD.

so that hammer is definlty the trump card.

i still go with ss though. ^_^ i still dont even understand all the powers ss's got.

JuggernautFan
oh you mean like the time when silver surfer got angry at thor and said "I have held back long enough mad thor. with my board again beneath my feat... even a MAD GOD cannot stand the wrath of the silver surfer" . the energies burning wildly from his eyes. BUT thor easily swipes him aside with only one connection of his hammer. so while s.s. holds back MOST of the time, this however wasn't one of them. thor easily proved his superior. please let me know if you would like an issue number. i'd love to give it to you. big grin

JuggernautFan
you should really read my previous post. you do know this fight has happened before right?? a couple of times. with thor as the victor (in warrior's madness though) and with surfer admitting that his power wasn't as great as thor's. also hulk proved unable to lift the hammer from the ground when it was still enchanted. but when odin lifted the enchantments on the hammer hulk had picked it up. thor thought hulk was going to break it at that time, but he did not.

JuggernautFan
ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...... i can't believe i'm debating with you because you don't even know what you are talking about. silver surfer arrives to fight thor at the end of thor vol 1. #486 (no confrontation), then in silver surfer 86 surfer and thor fight.... thor easily dispatchs surfer with 1 blow from his hammer. now you shouldn't really continue posting here because Thor IS more powerful of the 2. that is one issue.... and then later on..... surfer friggin admits that thor would have been more powerful than his own power cosmic had he not been augmented by an outside influence.

norrin radd

norrin radd

JuggernautFan
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT. i can't believe this. i can't believe i'm argueing with you. you still pick surfer because you dont' like thor??? but thor has already won my friend. it even happens in silver surfers own comic book. it's in silver surfer #86. it doesn't SAY he wins. it shows it. thor hits him with his hammer, then it shows a streak (silver surfer) smash into a planet. thor lands on the planet and surfer is laying on the ground with his hand barely in the air when adam war lock shows up and saves his butt....... but somehow silver surfer would win right??? mad

JuggernautFan
the ultimate universe is just that. an alternate universe. it has no bearing on main stream marvel. again you have proven me right. thanx. in main stream marvel magneto has admitted the thunder god is someone he cares not to fight again. in the mainstream reality, thor has easily pounced magneto. he absorbed his energy barrier, and beat him mercilessly. Thor has won against the surfer, and surfer has admitted that thor is of greater power. what more do you want???? also... if you think i'm argueing because i like thor better you are dead wrong. i think surfer is a much better character but he is simply outclassed here. deal with it.

norrin radd
show me that, showm me a batle wher thor wins both magneto and surfer, not a story where they say thor is stroger, a story where the thunder god really beats him, and then i will shut up

Arachnoidfreak
In a rematch Surfer would fare better.

With a good f*cking writer Magneto would give Thor a VERY hard time. Lighting is electricity, electricity is a by-product of electro-magnetism. Magneto controls electro-magnetism and all related energies. F*ckin writers need to study their science.

norrin radd

JuggernautFan
and you need to study your magics. thor didn't use lightning to defeat magneto. why does everybody think rely's soley on lightning?? instead he absorbed his magnetic force field and beat him physically while magneto had no defense.

norrin radd

JuggernautFan
i friggin did give you an issue. silver surfer is unconscious after one hit, i'd say that is a ****in win you whiney ass wuss. i swear, you need to either start reading my posts, or you need to stop debating. surfer had lost his cool, then lost consciousness. whatever you want to believe is beyond me. i don't know how you draw your conclusion.

VENOMfan
merged for obvious reasons

norrin radd

VENOMfan
more than happy to help

Arachnoidfreak
What does studying magic have to do with my post?

Of course physically Thor would whoop his ass, he's class 100 for f*ck's sake. In a rematch, Magneto would be ready, he isn't stupid.

JuggernautFan
magneto has already said that he cares not to clash with thor again. thor is more versatile, and magneto is said to be a class 100 ton character also...... next.......

JuggernautFan
they have fought on more than one occasion. thor handily dispatchs surfer with one blow from mjolnir.... surfer had been enraged at the time. then later on..... he was upgraded by loki's magic, and he said that if he hadn't had the outside influence thor would have proven more powerful still than his own power cosmic. i think this debate should be over already. thor wins atleast 6 of 10..

JuggernautFan
they have fought on more than one occasion. thor handily dispatchs surfer with one blow from mjolnir.... surfer had been enraged at the time. then later on..... he was upgraded by loki's magic, and he said that if he hadn't had the outside influence thor would have proven more powerful still than his own power cosmic. i think this debate should be over already. thor wins atleast 6 of 10..

Alpha Centauri
I agree with Victor Von Doom on this. Although Surfer is my favourite Marvel and comics character of all time, I will do as many of you should and take a realistic view. Thor should and has won on fighting skills and experience. They are both invulnerable and both have been more powerful than one another however.

So I say Thor. If it was out of 10 battles Surfer would no doubt win at least 3. Thor would win a majority. Surfer would probably have a better chance in his own series as would Thor. But just going by what we know it's gotta be Thor a majority of the time.

Hulk can't lift Mjonir but he has taken a full powered shot from it to the face and it did nothing. Thor fought him before and backed out coz he realised even with all his power he was damaging the surroundings more than he was able to damage Hulk.

On topic however, Thor gets it.

-AC

Never
Thor wins only on account of fighting skills. IF - and I do say "IF" - Silver Surfer WISHED to "fight," Thor has NO chance (King Thor is another matter entirely). By "fight" I do mean using the vast amount of Power Cosmic at his disposal - hello, light-speed travel? Thor is not touching Surfer if he REALLY does not want him to.

Classic Thor cannot match Surfer in terms of sheer power, but Surfer is not a fighter - but by the same token, Thor cannot KILL Surfer. Surfer can, however, kill Thor.

norrin radd

Alpha Centauri
I never said Surfer couldn't kill Thor. I said Thor would win in my opinion.

It's a bit lame being that your name is Norrin Radd, to start "Surfer VS" threads. It's clear who you're gonna back and why. Surfer is my fav but I know when he can be beat. CAN.

-AC

IRTMU-Dragon
Silver surfer is cosmically intuned with the galaxy... hes... better than a god with a hammer and some basic super moves if you ask me.

Alpha, youve been dissing lots of peoples names lately... You forgot about mine.
Prying open your third eye? You couldnt pry open a damn can of tuna.

Alpha Centauri
"Silver surfer is cosmically intuned with the galaxy... hes... better than a god with a hammer and some basic super moves if you ask me.

Alpha, youve been dissing lots of peoples names lately... You forgot about mine."

A) I didn't ask you though did I?

B) I haven't been dissing anyone's names. I just said someone named JuggernautFan is blatantly gonna be biased in a debate involving Juggernaut and someone named Norrin Radd would do the same.

Pointing out simple things.

By the way, nice Third Eye diss there. The only thing funnier than that was the fact that you resorted to saying it in the first place.

Farewell.

-AC

bardock
thor would smack him with his hammer. he has more potential than the writers have utilized.

moshtitan
dragon and alpha need to like box it out or something.

IRTMU-Dragon
Dont put unstopabble on your juggey sig, the foolish un-fanboys will say hes not.

VENOMfan
Naw! Juggernaut rock's, for most intensive purpose he is **nearly** unstoppable when he is moving forward.

NO force >>on earth<< has been observed able to stop him.

after some research Im quite positive If classic Juggernaut began moving forward there is nobody >>on earth<< physically powerfull enuf to stop him.

san's psychic powered beings.

JuggernautFan
i'm going to call B.S. on this one. what on earth would make you think that surfer could kill thor when he can't even stand up to a single shot from thor with mjolnir in hand?? even if his power was greater..... his durability isn't as high as people (you) might think it is. he has admited that thor's power is "greater" than his own. he has been beaten by thor, and would be beaten by thor again.

norrin radd
you can think whatever you want, i admit that surfer can loose to thor with odin force, i can admit when my fav characters can loose, wolverine is one of my fav and he would loose with so many. About surfer and thor i really think surfer would win, if they wrote well the story.

Bojangles
whats that about? we all know who's writing the post

Alpha Centauri
It's easily ignorable Bojangles.

I do it on every thread. Force of habit.

-AC

JuggernautFan
i know what you mean on this one.... just because you use a certain name it "automatically" makes the information you provide invalid for that particular character........ whatever....... nobody should be judged that way. and anybody doing the judging obviously has no other way to retaliate, so they do so by attacking your name, or posting habbits. whatever.

but i'll try to be a little more open on this post. i guess if you wanted to put a different writer on top of this fight, silver surfer stands as much a chance against thor as any other character..... but he hasn't stood up to him just yet. but he has done things that thor has proven unable to do. hulk has -never- silver surfer, but at times has had the upperhand against thor. but it's all about attributes. hulk has nothing he can do to combat surfer, but he can physically beat thor. i dunno, mjolnir is a powerful weapon, and i think it puts thor slightly over silver surfer in terms of power. skill again goes to thor in the use of his power. i dunno, i'm still leaning towards thor, but i think they should re-do the fight, with silver surfer in a maddened state with thor trying to reason for the better part of the fight and see what happens.

Never
Um, Thor WITH Mjolnir is not more powerful than Silver Surfer, PERIOD. They are not even in the same class.

Silver Surfer with the Power Cosmic is HEAD AND SHOULDERS above "classic" Thor in terms of sheer power. King Thor, as I said before, is another argument entirely.

In case you need a refresher on how powerful Silver Surfer is when his master is THREATENED, peep one of the old Marvel/DC crossovers when Silver Surfer fought Orion (yeah yeah out of continuity blah blah but his POWER LEVELS are accurate).

"Hulk at times had the upperhand against Thor?" Pfft, Hulk had the upperhand the MAJORITY of the times against Thor.

JuggernautFan
but hulk having the upper hand against thor, is because he hasn't nearly used his arsenal of powers against hulk like he has against ohhh..... i dunno, let's say juggernaut. if you think that thor isn't in the same class maybe you should have asked silver surfer who was more powerful when he had gotten back up from being nearly knocked out from a single shot to the "head and shoulders" of silver sufer. or maybe when he himself admitted that thor's power was greater than his own. and you said it tooo..... its out of continuity, and it means nothing. in alternate realities alot of crazy things happen. intercompany crossovers shouldn't be valid, because they make so many mistakes it's not funny, and marvel/dc cannot be accurately portrayed against 1 another, because they operate on different power levels. so silver surfer would have had to go through a change (being powered UP) to fit into the crossover properly. or vice versa... orion would have been powered DOWN. you still havnt provided any proof of why you think surfer would win besides your opinion. it's obviously written (IN CONTINUITY) that thor is more powerful. thor had shown that he was, and surfer said that he was. please...........

Never
That is YOUR interpretation. Love how you are quick to say that Hulk had the upperhand against Thor because he was not utilizing his full powers but you fail or simply REFUSE to say the same thing about Silver Surfer vs. Thor. In English they call that "hypocrisy."

The ONLY way Thor beats Silver Surfer is in a straight out bang-drag out battle. SURFER CANNOT FIGHT. Thor has been a warrior for THOUSANDS of years.

LMAO, Thor's powers are not greater than Silver Surfer's. My God, ask ANYONE. I can dig up the EXACT reference for you, but someone ALSO said that Hulk "moved quicker than anything I have ever seen!" HELLOOOOOO, hyperbole?

Silver Surfer would not have to "go through a change" to operate properly. What the hell? John Byrne, for example, has written for both DC AND Marvel. Are you TRYING to tell me that he would have NO clue about how closely matched or disparate two character's abilities are?

LMAO @ "it's in continuity!"

Silver Surfer is a COSMIC. Thor is NOT.

Silver Surfer has COSMIC AWARENESS. Thor does NOT.

Silver Surfer can REARRANGE MOLECULES. Thor CANNOT.

Surfer can travel at 99% the speed of light. Thor CANNOT.

Silver Surfer can HEAL THE WOUNDED. Thor CANNOT.

Silver Surfer can compress his body and access the microverse. Thor CANNOT.

Silver Surfer's body AND surfboard are nigh indestructible. THOR BLEEDS.

This guy is trying to say that Thor is more powerful than Silver Surfer. Sweet Jesus...

JuggernautFan
ok....... you said ask anybody, why don't you read the issues. i already told you what surfer said. would you like the quotes again?? he admits thor is more powerful, and he says thor cannot stand up to the wrath of the silver surfer..... which he is easily proven wrong. even classic thor had access to the godforce blast, which caused galactus to flee (whom is hordes of power above surfer) so how exactly would surfer stand up to that my friend?? can't you just admit for once when you are wrong??

Never
I don't CARE about the issues. I don't CARE about what he said in ONE COMIC BOOK.

YOU were one of the SAME people on here crying about how VENOM stood up to Juggernaut's HARDEST PUNCHES in their mini-series, RIGHT?

Oh now you don't remember? Although Juggernaut has been CONSISTENTLY portrayed as being MORE powerful than Venom, Venom sat there and withstood a BEATING by Juggernaut - you know, Juggernaut who "punches through dimensional barriers."

Silver Surfer is CONSISTENTLY portrayed as being MORE powerful than CLASSIC THOR. CONSISTENTLY.

I don't know about YOU, but I have almost Walt Simonson's entire run of Thor. I am QUITE familiar with the character, and I KNOW that Silver Surfer is FAR more powerful than THOR.

Who CARES if his GEB caused Galactus to flee? Galactus ran from Rachel as PHOENIX. He ran from DARK PHOENIX. He ran from the FANTASTIC FOUR.

Wooo, he fleed Thor (again, more BS writing).

JuggernautFan
but what you are saying is rather mute..... it doesn't validate your arguement that surfer is more powerful. what makes you think that he is?? just because you have alot of thor comics??? i'm not sure where you are drawing your conclusions from. again..... where he admitted thor was more powerful, and where thor had nearly rendered him unconscious with a single blow were 2 separate comics. not just 1 as you have stated. in every confrontation it is clear that thor is more powerful. yet you still just say things like " i have this" or " silver surfer is more powerful consistantly" yet you don't provide any information with it. just your OPINION.

Alpha Centauri
"what makes you think that he is?? just because you have alot of thor comics???"

I can vouch that more often than not, regardless of who I think would win this battle (Note that I said Surfer would win a few, but Thor the majority), Surfer is more often than not portrayed as Thor's superior.

-AC

bardock
thor would still take the little surfer man and use him as a nail.

Alpha Centauri
Bit of an exaggeration, but opinion is appreciated.

-AC

bardock
truly this could go either way but i like a little better. surfer is cool though. but thor needs some new gear someone call the fab five.

JuggernautFan
can anybody back up thier claims (give proof) of why they think surfer would win this battle??? when has surfer -EVER- proven equal to thor, let alone his superior???? can anybody give me an answer on this one?? cause more often than not THOR has proven SUPERIOR to SILVER SURFER.

norrin radd

Never
LMAO @ "I don't provide information." Perhaps you simply fail to PROCESS the information that I give you.

I KNOW Surfer is more powerful than Thor because I KNOW my characters, unlike YOU. LoL, if you simply looked a their PROFILES you would know this also (egads, not the PROFILES that don't say that Juggernaut has a HEALING FACTOR and is IMMORTAL).

Who cares if Thor nearly knocked Surfer out? Doc Samson knocked HULK out - does that mean Doc Samson is more powerful than Hulk? Duh?

Such a HYPOCRITE you are. Love how you ignored the VENOM vs. JUGGERNAUT example that I gave you - when we ALL know that Juggernaut is far more powerful than Venom but he stands up to him in a THREE ISSUE MINI SERIES. So we should ALLLLLL assume VENOM can hold his own against Juggernaut, RIGHT?

Do you READ? Thor beats Silver Surfer in FIGHTS because Surfer is characterized as a PACIFIST. What part DON'T you understand? You DO know what a PACIFIST is, correct? GANDHI vs. MIKE TYSON. How about that?

SURFER CANNOT FIGHT. Should I attach fireworks, bells, and WHISTLES? Can you hear me now?

SURFER. CANNOT. FIGHT.

THOR has fought for THOUSANDS of years.

HOWEVER, Surfer is capable of doing things Thor cannot DREAM of doing because he is more POWERFUL. SPIDERMAN beat the HELL out of FIRELORD because SPIDERMAN CAN FIGHT. FIRELORD CANNOT.

So according to YOUR warped logic, Spiderman is MORE POWERFUL than Firelord. LMAO!

Spiderman beat the HELL out of Titania in Secret Wars #8. Beat her ASS.

So according to YOUR warped logic, Spiderman is MORE POWERFUL than Titania.

You don't know what you are talking about. PERIOD. Thor is NOT more powerful than Silver Surfer - that is why we (well those of us who KNOW a thing or two about comics) categorize characters as COSMICS (Silver Surfer, Phoenix, Thanos, yadda yadda).

Thor is NOT a COSMIC.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>