Why do the best bad guys go out like punks???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Creechuur
Why is it that all the best bad guys (Except Vader and Sidious) go out like bit characters??? Maybe its some Lucas/Star Wars ideal that no matter how long you can keep it up, you have to eventually pay for your deeds in the end.

Boba Fett - Down the Sarlaacs gut before he even got warmed up. He barely had any screen time before Lucas took him out. I think he is singlehandedly reponsible for really getting the EU going. Everyone wanted more Fett back in the 80's!

Grand Admiral Thrawn - Admittedly, he had a really good run and did a lot of evil stuff, so at least readers got their fill. Thats even more of a reason why he deserved a better death than a backstabbing by some furry little dude, no matter how deadly Rukh was supposed to be.

Darth Maul - His one fight was a really really really good fight, probably the best in the series, but again, he goes out like a beeyatch. I'm sure I'm not the only one who felt cheated. I thought Maul would be around at least partway through Ep 2.

So, are the Star Wars mythos trying to convey a message about evil to us? Or does Lucas just make really bad decisions regarding which characters the public is going to embrace?

GABRIEL05
your actually right Creechuur. The star wars bad guys do go out like panzies. Exar Kun though. He didn't go out like no punk b*****

Say where did you get that cool umm avatar?

Creechuur
Its Clownface from Body Bags, a Black Horse comic. It was just a little 4 issue series released like 5 or 6 years ago. He's a badass.

In§anE
Maul was the best...Poor Ray Park..he did darth maul, then X-Men he thought he would be up there in the top action movies..wtf is he now

wuTa
good thread i wish i knew the ansewer

SnakeEyes
because George Lucas needs a way to get rid of the bad guys fast, because they scare GL every night and haunt his dreams!

Darth KickAss
I think he has to kill them off quickly otherwise they will cast a shadow over the actual evil dude, Darth Vader - Vader is suppose to be the main character - The evil characters in EP1 & 2 are much better but GL wants us to stay focused on Vader.

OB1-adobe
seems like most bad guys go out like punks in the movies. I don't if any of you guys liked this movie, but in 'Speed' Dennis Hopper went out like a punk. The Joker went out like a punk, hell the penguin was even worse. That ring wraith with the cool helmet went out like a punk.

You got beat up by a girl!

Creechuur
Ah, the Witchking didn't go out like a punk. He underestimated the power of the female, and paid the price. Besides, that was the way Tolkein wrote it.

Gorgoroth
Don't forget that he underestimated poor little Merry.....

§pearhead
Using the same justification, Maul underestimated Obi-Wan (instead of killing him or force shoving him down the pit, he sat there taunting him) and paid the price erm

OB1-adobe
He went out like a ounk.

He was like: no man can defaet me.
Then he was like: Owww my leg you little bastard
then she was like: I'm no man
he was lik : oooooo! Not in the Face! Not in the dafce!

Nono
Well back on topic, yes it was a bit crap that Maul went out but he had to go in order for Tyranus to become a Sith. Also because ObiWan had to prove himself no longer a padawan in order to become Anakins master.
Remember there can only ever be two - the master and the apprentice.
If Maul had lived Dooku would never have stepped in which would have ruined Lucas' plot.

Ok so it's a crap plot and it would have been better if Maul had become emperor but hey thats just my opinion! wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.