Showdown - Longshot against Sinister

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
Longshot is cooler than Spiderman and cuter too. He has hollow bones and three fingers and is an artifical life form. He is protected by Good fortune and when he faced off the Juggernaut, even Juggy couldn't touch him. He played a piviot role in stoping Sinister which heardald in two of the greatest characters marvel ever created, Nate(Cable) and Bishop. Longshot has made many friends and has the ability to make enemies not want to engage him on their own front.
Hes' not all powerfull, but with even a little good fortune, he can turn the tide of any battle against even the most powerfull evil
His power also works on bad fortune so if he were attacked by good they would be in the same shoes as evil. It is intensly humorous how it will make him stumble and fall while leaving him the last one standing.
He also has iron spikes he can counter any magic users with. He can pretty much do the impossible, like stopping Juggernaut or defeating any baddie.

Ironman 66
sinister would kick long shots ass

Nathaniel Grey
I've never been a fan of Longshot or his mullet. I vote Sinister. He's a genius, indestructible and has been more successful in his campaigns than Apocalypse or Magneto.2guns

DarkCrawler
Sinister would beat Longshot so easily that it wouldn't be even fun to watch.

Maelstrom
Well Juggernaut couldn't lay a finger on Longshot, even when he droped a building on him. Longshot has taken on some heavy evil and tip toed through "unscratched". At first glance, Sinister seems the sure fav. but longshot has good luck for himself and bad luck for others. His power can turn Sinisters fav. against him and give himself fortune at the same time, while he is battleing Mr. S. Think about who is after him, powerhouses like Mephestio, Spiral, he fought Sinister with X, Juggernaut... wink

Paptimus
A threat that forces me to choose between my favorite hero and villain respectively. Blasphemy!

Ultimately, I would call it a draw, and not for immediate reasons. Longshot's luck would keep him away from Sinister's concussive blasts and his alien physiology would mean Sinister could not simply shut down his mutant powers, as we have seen him do to Nate Grey in X-Man 18-19.

On the other hand, Sinister is all but indestructible. If he came back after the flesh was blasted off his bones in Inferno, a bunch of knives aren't going to kill him.

Eventually Sinister would get fed up and leave. He has better things to do.

Swanky-Tuna
All luck, hahahahaha. If Longshot's lucky, he'll find a way to take Sinister down.

Evangel94
Longshot? A marvel character we haven't seen in about 12 years? Obviousely his luck is run out....

Sinister

Nataku8188
In X-factor 39 Longshot throws a knife at sinsiter... who is simultaneously holding back Dazzler, Storm, Jeany grey and iceman's attacks and still reflects it.

Longshot gets captured and Sinister clones him for his own uses. Because Sinister is just that badass.

Paptimus
I have X-Factor 39, and while Sinister does reflect Longshot's blade while holding back four simultaneous attacks, he never gets captured. Unless, of course, this happened in later issues. But I think the business of a Longshot clone would be well documented. It should also be noted that in this issue the only attack that harms Sinister is Cyclops' optic beams.

Not to down Sinister, who is without dispute the single most effective, most well-written Marvel villain. But give Longshot credit where he's due, and note the fact that Sinister never attacked him. So we really don't know what would have happened had he, we can only judge the results of past Longshot battles. And truth be told, Sinister's effectiveness came from the fact that he was battling mutants. Longshot is not a mutant, so Sinister could not mess with his powers.

Nataku8188
That capturing part is what i believe would happen in their fight, not what did happen. Sorry for the confusion.

Paptimus
Hmm... that begs the question: could Sinister clone Longshot? We know that being from the Mojoverse Longshot has an alien physiology (i.e. two hearts) so the question arises: could Sinister clone Longshot? And if he could, would the clone have the same powers as the original?

Personally, I think Sinister would get annoyed with Longshot and leave. He's a busy man, especially after Apocalypse's death and all. But yes, in a long-term fight Longshot would most certainly lose. He simply doesn't have the experience or firepower necessary to take down someone like Sinister.

But hey, give Longshot points for trying, and probably lasting a lot longer with his luck factor than most opponents Sinister's gone up against.

Paola
Longshot is back in "Ultimate"

Maelstrom
He get me hard

Paptimus
Yes, I've seen a few shots of Ultimates Longshot floating around the threads. Does anyone know the story behind the 'modern' Longshot?

guy222
LS

Eternal Idol
I can't think of any way Longshot can beat Sinister without venturing into the ridiculously far-fetched.

Sinister, 10/10.

The Nuul
Mind rap ftw and theres nothing Longshot can do to hurt him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.