Transformers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tbones527
Is anybody else looking forward to Transformers Armada: PtE when it comes out? I definately am. It looks awesome.

forumcrew
i dont know.. its gonna be easy for them to screw up and its likely they will

whitedragon
I agree the game looks awsome, even tho I've only seen a demo and it looks great. just hope it doesn't flop like most remakes of cartoons and films.I'm a big fan of transformers and hope the game lives up to the series.its number one in america according to the magazines. bunny bunny bunny bunny bunny

Jedi Shmedi
GMR magazine gave it a five out of ten.

They said the graghics are absolutely gorgeous, but the music is almost nonexhistent or just not "there", the controls are where the game falls apart.

Moving is imprecise, getting off a shot on an enemy with a decent degree of accuracy is simply impossible, and forget about transforming, unless you enjoy the idea of overturning repeatedly or being an easy target.

Never the less, I might check this one out since I've always been a fan of the Transformers.

JONNY
From the reviews and previews that i've seen, Transformers is definantly really good.

Red Superfly
I have it.

It's a brilliant game. I was a huge fan of Transformers when I was a kid - so I had to get it.

It's really skillful, I like games where it tests raw skill and nothing else.

That's because the magazine that rated this game are complete 'tards.

Shooting impossible? It's one of the best bits of the game - they must really suck.

Overturning when you transform? Yeah, maybe they should learn that driving up hills sideways is bound to turn you over. I don't think I've ever flipped the vehicle over on flat land, and if you do make a mistake, you can transform mid-stumble and make it right. IT'S THEIR OWN DAMN FAULT!

badsymbiote
As another member of the "elder" group within this site, I agree with Red Superfly--I think people in my age group (over 25) are very receptive to any Transformers stuff simply because we've known it, we've loved it, and now we finally have the money to buy whatever the hell we want without having to ask our parents, or havin' to save up.
Although "armada" is one of my least favorite Transformers sub-divisions (next to beast wars), it's still has appeal. Are they gonna make it for Ps or just PS2 and x-box? Anybody know?

Linkalicious
original transformers would be a lot better!

Red Superfly
I think the game appeals to the classic gamers, who grew up on Transformers, but the makers cunningly used the armada gimmick to appeal to the kiddies. Judging by the difficulty (even on the easiest setting) - I'd say it is definitely pitched towards us adult/older teenage gamers.

It's only on the PS2, but like almost everything on the PS2, it may end up on XBox eventually.

Also, even though I was a die hard fan of the old series, in the game they have TV spots (remember those "and knowing is half the battle" quotes? They were always at the end of the "educational" bits teaching you not to steal cars/run away/shoot your grandma) as extras, and honestly - you'll need some SUPER STRONG rose tinted specs to not think the old robots would absolutely suck today.

The new ones are fine, except I have one reservation about the game, and that even though Optimus Prime is twice the size of Red Alert and Hotshot - the view that the camera uses makes Prime look as small as Red Alert and Hotshot.

Hotshot and Red Alert, when they run, they "feel" right, but seeing as controlling Prime feels the same as controlling Red Alert or Hotshot, Prime feels incredibly light.

I think they should have made Primes steps make the DualShock rumble twice as much, and add a little camera shake when he jumped - he's supposed to be a freakin lorry with legs!

Also, I wish they included a secret character, like Bumblebee or something like when you complete it, you can go through it again, only this time all the Autobots and Decepticons are in their retro 80's styles - complete with jerky transforming animation! That would have brought a tear to my eye.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.