Kill Bill: is it really an R movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quiball
personally, i don't think it was that violent. I thought the blood spilling was actually quite hillarious and the fighting was way to short to make it scary. Am i the only one who thinks it shouldn't have been an R?

Drifter101
.........are u serious, a guy got his head chopped off, a person got sliced down the middle numerous legs chopped off, blood and gore everywhere, an eyeball gulged out, the retina still hangning out, a plank w/ a nail in someones head w/ blood out of their eyes come on of course thats R, what else would it be

quiball
If you're talking about 2, i haven't seen it. I'm talking about 1.
and the killing was not very graffic you have to admit

silver_tears
Please use spoilers, not everyone has seen it yes

Also it isn't rated R everywhere smart

Myth
No, those were ALL things from part 1. Plus, there was tons of cursing and don't forget the hospital seen with Buck. The movie was almost NC-17. How could you possibly think that it was even close to PG-13.

Drifter101
THIS IS THE FIRST

Drifter101
im talking bout the first,

JKozzy
AND SO ARE WE!! eek!

And the way you're spelling, sounds like you're just too young to see it roll eyes (sarcastic)

lil bitchiness
So are you JKozzy roll eyes (sarcastic)

JKozzy
My spelling? I don't think so... messed But yes, I'm too young to see it, but I have my ways shifty

Myth
Thats what I thought. I thought that it was somebody who thinks that they should be allowd to see it so therefore didn't believe that it should be R.

I Love Sirius
laughing Go Myth!

JKozzy
Yes, and I think "Back Door Sluts 9" should be PG-13 because there's no violence in that either! roll eyes (sarcastic) The youth of today... laughing out loud

Myth
^ Cartman's mom. Oh! BURN!

JKozzy
dude...did u watch the movie??????

lil bitchiness
Now im totally immune to the film's violence, but some scenes seriously made me cringe!

JKozzy
yes Decapitations usually aren't something you see every day...

Aerosin
.....the gore isn't that bad?......wow, do u know what ur talking about?

lil bitchiness
I think gore is great in this film. It is very violent and it is graphic.

JKozzy
...hence the "R" rating! smart

Maverick2364
lmao laughing

Drifter101
"And the way you're spelling, sounds like you're just too young to see it" ~JKozzy
so you want me to spell all properly huh, okay then i believe that the amount of blood shed in this feature film was a tad bit too extreme for the younger viewers of the preteen generation, there are numerous body parts detatched from the body and much blood is spilled freely to surrounding individuals, the gore was quite intense obviously too intense for a PG-13 rating

JKozzy
Drifter, I meant the thread creator for the spelling, not you stick out tongue

Drifter101
k then,

Maverick2364
laughing out loud

Aerosin
mike....stop laughing........

Maverick2364
sorry, I'm just laughing at the stupidity of this thread.

Aerosin
i know...hi

badkittykitty
oh my!!! eek! laughing out loud

Corlindel
What do you think about parental - maternity and paternity - importance in KB?

This is the first Tarantino movie where childs have a primary role on the plot. And, where they are part of the story and scenes development. Since the pregnant Bride and the importance she gives to the education of her baby, passing for the fight with Copperhead, and the Cottonmouth's childhood anime, untill the final fight scenes where she find BB. And the not explained childhood of the Bride.

What would happened in Tarantino's mind?

Fire
I dunno what goes on in QT's mind mate

and the parental importance of KB imo ends with No fighting in front of your kids

Corlindel
And...

What about a critic to USA parental advisory system, where everything is censored but where it "normal" to educate for violence and no tolerance? Or, when people wants their children to became peaceful there is no chance to give them any condition to grow in a peaceful way!?

It seems like only when the Bride takes BB with her, she has a chance to act as a four years old child when she is seeing the anime movies instead of a martial arts movie and killing small red fishes.

Machete_guy
I was just talking about this with my cousin the other day. This movie shouldnt be R. much mcuh much mcuh much lower!

Drifter101
END THE THREAD THERE IS TOO MUCH BLOOD AND GORE IN THIS MOVIE TO RECIEVE A R RATING ALSO THERE WERE NUMEROUS F**KS IN THE FILM PG-13 ONLY CAN HAVE 1 ALSO A R RATING THING ITS R AND DESERVES TO BE R END OF STORY

Myth
There is tons of violence, tons of cursing, and that hospital scene. This is definitely rated R. If this isn't rated R, nothing is.

lil bitchiness
We dont use the stupid 'R' rating crap! roll eyes (sarcastic)

WindDancer
What's the point of Rating a movie anyways? Some of the theathers I go to they allowed children inside as long as they are with an adult. When I went to see KB vol. 1 there quite a few bunch of 5 years old with their parents watching the movie. Movie theathers should get rid of that stupid rating systems!

Reborn Again
Yes. Have you seen it? Blood & gore galore. If you ask me, some of the Nightmare on Elm Streets and Friday the 13th films don't have as much of that stuff as KB V1&2 do.

Maverick2364
I'll be happy when they annihilate the X rating, yeah that'll be good love

JKozzy
Are you living in the 80s? rolleyes1 The X rating is gone, replaced by NC-17...

JKozzy
What are you smoking? What the f**k?

Myth
NEWS FLASH! eek! Children can go into rated R movies if accompanied by an adult. NC-17 is "No children under 17."

Dark Phoenix223
Dude, is this guys stupid or high? KILL BILL is an R rated film for sure. Gore, Violence, Swearing, the works! #*(@ing idiot.

Phoenix
stealing my topic! stick out tongue I was gonna post that! big grin

well, they do say great minds think alike... wink

I have to agree, the only bit that actually felt like real violence was when he shot her at the beginning. the spurts of blood were, frankly, ludicrous, and the fight scenes unrealistic, but very artistic. I'd say 15, not 18, really.

Myth
What about the cursing?
What about the sexual crap at the hospital?
What about... well, the violence. Whether its funny or not, its still violence.

Drifter101
GOD IS THIS THREAD STILL TRYING TO FIGURE THAT OUT IT IS RATED R LOTS OF ADULT CRAP INVOLVED, GORE LANGUAGE SEXUAL CONTENT DRUG ABUSE AND SO FORTH THERE ITS R NO WAY TO CHANGE IT FOR YOU TO SEE ALONE IF THATS WHAT YOURE THINKING

JKozzy
Anyone thinking this movie should be less than an "R" rating needs a serious reality check, and possibly some psychological evaluation. End of story. Exactly what Drifter said; it's rated "R" and there's nothing you can do to change it. It's "R" for a reason, and if you can't understand it, that's your own problem.

Drifter101
THERE NOW LETS JUST END THIS THREAD IT IS RATED R REASONS HAVE BEEN SAID THOUSANDS OF TIMES JUST GET OVER IT ITS R THERE DONE OOO END O THREAD CAUSE IT WAS ANSWERED THERE DONE

sarahvma
Well, it was probably partially his way of leaving it open-ended for a sequel... especially after she says to Nikkia "If you still feel raw about it, I'll be waiting..." that was so obviously his way of keeping his options open. And then you have BB, to whom play-fighting is a regular activity. She's practically a trained assasin already.

Drifter101
? huh how does that tell whether its R or not?

JKozzy
blink Off-topic.... What the f**k?

burlyman
yeah...um...wrong thread? confused

Aerosin
...if kill bill shouldn't be rated R, what should?

sarahvma
Sorry - accidentally posted in the wrong forum.

Myth
I guess they think it should be PG-13.
The way they are approaching this topic is all wrong. If anything, they should be protesting the rating system and say that movies with this stuff should be allowed to be seen by younger viewers (which I disagree). But with how the rating system is set up, this movie is definitely R. So again, argue the rating system, not the rating of Kill Bill.

Drifter101
PG-13 come on are is this person kidding, why did they make this thread, maybe they want it to be PG-13 so they can see it because since its R they cant.

sarahvma
Kill Bill Vol.1 was super bloody. Yes, it was cartoon blood, but there were a couple of scenes, like when she's slamming Buck's head or biting out that guy's tongue that are way too gory for any PG13 rating. Even the scene where Bill shoots her is really cringe-worthy. The first one should have been R just because it was really, really intense. The second deserved to be 14A or even possibly PG13 (here in Canada it's 14A) simply because there was less violence, but a little more profanity and debauchery (care of the one and only Budd).

JKozzy
wink

brak626
i have almost convinced my parents to let me see kill bill and im dying to see it

JToTheP
Last summer Quintin got smashed by the MPAA about the violence in Volume 1, so he had to go back and edit it somehow, and the ending result: the anime scenes, and black-and-white sword fest at the end, and the language and such resulting in a R rating, isn't that obvious?

And Volume 2 got an R rating I assume for the language, when Bill blasts her with the shotgun out of nowhere, (scared the shit out of me like the gunshot at the beginning of both Volumes), burying someone alive, the blood seeping out of her hand when she busts open the coffin, her training...need I go on?

JToTheP
And why don't you do what I remember me and my friend seeing?

Right as the previews ended and the theater got really dark to start the movie, we hear these 2 fast sets of feet, and turn to see 2 like 6-7 year olds run down the aisle and grab seats, and we turn to eachother with the same look, "Are they serious?"

Parents today. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.