Xbox 2 or Ps3?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LeAtHerRFace
Which system would you prefer to get 1st?

Ps3 for me

JKozzy
PS3 all the way, Microsoft blows monkey balls. thumb down

Linkalicious
i'm a huge xbox defender...but i've decided to go PS3. Playstation is the best overall system because of the games.

The Force
i'd have to say niether, cuz i'm a nintendo fan, but if i had to say one it be the ps3

jamman316
People are you stupid?!?!?! mad

You got to pick Ps3!

Microsoft blows on Xbox, but there computer games ain't half bad.

WindDancer
X-Box 2 nuff said.

The Ones
PlayStation 3

Raventheonly
Xbox 2 .... no ones seen anything yet smile

LeAtHerRFace
PS3 got 3 or 4 models. I doubt Xbox 3 has that much or more than 1!

BackFire
I won't get either right away, I'll stick with the supperior medium of PC gaming.

Tex
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/custom_avatars/avatar521_0.gifwhip

Linkalicious
god damn tex!!!

Your calls are great!

ummm...i agree with BF on this one. I rushed out and bought an xbox before it had established itself in the market. Though there are some really great games on that system, i often wish i would have bought a PS2.

My next console will need some decent requirements for me to be a buyer.

* 4 player ports
* A harddrive
* Broadband Connection

if PS3 can get this done...then it's pretty much got me sold due to their dominance in the game production area.

BackFire
mmmm, Tex... I like.. wink

greyboy
ridiculously difficult decision to make...but i would say that id probably end up goin with xbox......very borderline tho. the ps3 trailer is pretty sick tho.

VENOMfan
http://www.pixeleye.net/images/wallpaper/atari-vcs-big.jpg

LeAtHerRFace
lol

cookies2006
im only planning to buy one system in the next 4 or 5 years.....that'll b ps3!!!

LanİeWindu
PS3 and the Gamecube successor when they respectively come out.

JONNY
definantly the ps3

§pearhead
ps3 by far happy

HockeyHorror
neither xbox 2 or ps3.

i like pc gaming.

darksephiroth13
ps3

shangheid
i rly like xbox but id have to go wit ps3

chops
ps3. x-box is like huge and the next one will probabley be worse

Sacrifise666
i might get both like i did with the ps2 and xbox.

Rogue Jedi
ps3 all the way.

Raventheonly
Size plays an issue here lol your computer is about the same size and PS2 looks rather bulky with hard drive and modem attatched

ragesRemorse
x-box is a better system, considering what it can do, but seeing how they havent done what they can do i will stay away from microsoft. Eigther way im sure they'll both be pretty much the same system. if microsoft plans to release an x-box2 they would have to do it around the same time of PS3, xbox did a late relsae after ps2 and thats why they can never overwhelm sony sales, sony fans have already become loyal. Both companies pretty much know the avenues in technology each can go down, and they are both bleeding with support for another system, so they will copy off of what each company can do and be the same, or just try and out do each other and turn out to be shit

chops
i would like it but it better not have. 1. giant controllers.2.be as big as any consle.

Raventheonly
They already changed the controller size a long time ago, but i personally like the larger controller because i have really long fingers (like 3 and a half in index and middle).

chops
good grief

coolboarder98
PS3 all the way man!

Sacrifise666
are there even specs out for the new gems?

Red Superfly
Probably both - with me favouring the XBox 2 more.

My PS2 is gathering dust - with like ONE game every six months coming out thats NOT on the XBox and actually worth buying.

My XBox has been glowing red hot - whereas my PS2 and Gamecube have been doing nothing. Gamecube looks set to pick up with all those lovely E3 games, but thats if Nintendo actually do some bloody marketing research and realease their games with a bit of common sense now and then.

PS2 has the odd game here and there, but I think XBox has been great - it has been releasing truly awesome 90+ rated games steadily for months on end now. I'm sure XBox 2 will do the same.

DenKi
oh my God,

Havnt any of you people seen the System Specs yet of both consols???

Some of you people really dont have a Clue do you. Do some research and find out, I clearly know now whats going to be the overall next best consol out of Xbox2 and PS3.

All i can say for now...well its the PS3 for its games, and the Xbox2 for Graphics and hardware

Red Superfly
Thats why I chose XBox 2, because the mere fact that its more powerful, means theres a good chance history will repeat itself - the hype for the Playstation 3 will fade, and the developers will make better use of what the XBox can do, and turn out better games in the process.

Playstation has always been about the hype.

ragesRemorse
Yeah sony has the best game developers, Xbox really doesnt know how to make games. Xbox is more like sega, sega always made the quick thrill arcade type games, while nintendo made the more rewarding in depth games. However i doubt that games will be the most important thing in the development of PS3 and xbox2. This is sad. I believe both companies will just build what they think can do the most, instead of making a system that can cater to greater and better games. Xbox shouldnt even think about anoither system, they should use what they have, lord knows they havent used it yet

Sorgo
CPU

Cell Processor
PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz
1 VMX vector unit per core
512KB L2 cache
7 x SPE @3.2GHz
7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs
7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE
* 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy
total floating point performance: 218 GFLOPS

GPU

RSX @550MHz
1.8 TFLOPS floating point performance
Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels
Multi-way programmable parallel floating point shader pipelines

Sound

Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell- base processing)

Memory

256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz 256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz

System Bandwidth

Main RAM 25.6GB/s
VRAM 22.4GB/s
RSX 20GB/s (write) + 15GB/s (read)
SB< 2.5GB/s (write) + 2.5GB/s (read)

System Floating Point Performance

2 TFLOPS

Storage

Detachable 2.5" HDD slot x 1

I/O

USB Front x 4, Rear x 2 (USB2.0)
Memory Stick standard/Duo, PRO x 1
SD standard/mini x 1
CompactFlash (Type I, II) x 1

Communication

Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) x 3 (input x 1 + output x 2)
Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g
Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)

Controller

Bluetooth (up to 7)
USB 2.0 (wired)
Wi-Fi (PSP)
Network (over IP)

AV Output

Screen size: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
HDMI: HDMI out x 2
Analog: AV MULTI OUT x 1
Digital audio: DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) x 1

^ PS3 Specs

Now check out the 360 specs, people.

Custom IBM PowerPC-based CPU

* Three symmetrical cores running at 3.2 GHz each
* Two hardware threads per core; six hardware threads total
* VMX-128 vector unit per core; three total
* 128 VMX-128 registers per hardware thread
* 1 MB L2 cache

CPU Game Math Performance

* 9.6 billion dot product operations per second

Custom ATI Graphics Processor

* 10 MB of embedded DRAM
* 48-way parallel floating-point dynamically scheduled shader pipelines
* Unified shader architecture

Polygon Performance

* 500 million triangles per second

Pixel Fill Rate

* 16 gigasamples per second fill rate using 4x MSAA

Shader Performance

* 48 billion shader operations per second

Memory

* 512 MB of 700 MHz GDDR3 RAM
* Unified memory architecture

Memory Bandwidth

* 22.4 GB/s memory interface bus bandwidth
* 256 GB/s memory bandwidth to EDRAM
* 21.6 GB/s front-side bus

Overall System Floating-Point Performance

* 1 teraflop

Storage

* Detachable and upgradeable 20GB hard drive
* 12x dual-layer DVD-ROM
* Memory Unit support starting at 64 MB

I/O

* Support for up to four wireless game controllers
* Three USB 2.0 ports
* Two memory unit slots

Optimized for Online

* Instant, out-of-the-box access to Xbox Live features with broadband service, including Xbox Live Marketplace for downloadable content, gamer profile for digital identity, and voice chat to talk to friends while playing games, watching movies, or listening to music
* Built-in Ethernet port
* Wi-Fi ready: 802.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11g
* Video camera ready

Digital Media Support

* Support for DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, MP3 CD, JPEG Photo CD
* Ability to stream media from portable music devices, digital cameras and Windows XP-based PCs
* Ability to rip music to the Xbox 360 hard drive
* Custom playlists in every game
* Built-in Media Center Extender for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
* Interactive, full-screen 3-D visualizers

High-Definition Game Support

* All games supported at 16:9, 720p, or 1080i, with anti-aliasing
* Standard-definition and high-definition video output supported

Audio

* Multi-channel surround sound output
* Supports 48KHz 16-bit audio
* 320 independent decompression channels
* 32-bit audio processing
* Over 256 audio channels

Physical Specs

* Height: 83 mm
* Width: 309 mm
* Depth: 258 mm
* Weight: 7.7 lbs.

System Orientation

* Stands vertically or horizontally

Customizable Face Plates

* Interchangeable to personalize the console

I'll have to go with the 360.

Sony can suck me off.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Red Superfly
I think XBox has been great - it has been releasing truly awesome 90+ rated games steadily for months on end now. I'm sure XBox 2 will do the same.

Like what?

Genuinely interested- I'm not aware of all the titles on Xbox.

Shazman
Well i'd get XBOX 360 first as its coming out first by far DURRR, in the end i'll probally get all the consoles

Blue Dragon
I hate Xbox! Only 3 games that look good, which are:
Blinx 1/2
Tojam & Earl (looks good & played the classics)
Oddworld

Movie_Geek_
PS 3 for me just because I like the wider selection of games

DarkC
Originally posted by Blue Dragon
I hate Xbox! Only 3 games that look good, which are:
Blinx 1/2
Tojam & Earl (looks good & played the classics)
Oddworld
"Said the Nintendo fangirl."

Movie_Geek_
Originally posted by DarkC

I have always hatted the "Fanboy" term because EVERYONE has a system they like better. Even if it is just a little. But I get the fact that the term is used on people who will not even look at other systems because they are a fan of a certain one.

DarkC
Has she played Fable?

Movie_Geek_
I do not know, but I have, big grin Actually my brother is playing it right now, believe it or not, are computer in in the same room as are GC and X-box. It is one of the best PR games I have seen for X-box

DanZeke25
Xbox 360.. WAY more game to choose from that i want. the only ones i want from Ps3 is God of War 2(which isnt even confirmed) and the next GTA, which comes to Xbox anyway.

Tru_Slice
Originally posted by DenKi
oh my God,

Havnt any of you people seen the System Specs yet of both consols???

Some of you people really dont have a Clue do you. Do some research and find out, I clearly know now whats going to be the overall next best consol out of Xbox2 and PS3.

All i can say for now...well its the PS3 for its games, and the Xbox2 for Graphics and hardware

Have you been living under a rock?

Microsoft now has most of the major developers working on their team now, which means never a lack of good games.

And sadly, the PS3 does beat the Xbox360 for raw power, but not framerate. (something like three symmetrical cores on the 360, which mean one compensates for the other if it overheats, meaning better framerate)

Get your facts straight.

Sorgo
Originally posted by Tru_Slice
Have you been living under a rock?

Microsoft now has most of the major developers working on their team now, which means never a lack of good games.

And sadly, the PS3 does beat the Xbox360 for raw power, but not framerate. (something like three symmetrical cores on the 360, which mean one compensates for the other if it overheats, meaning better framerate)

Get your facts straight.

Raw power? Explain raw power, because if i read the specs right, they are on par. I have even spotted some things the XBOX has that has surpassed the PS3 so far. And i guess we are gonna have to wait for the games to come out before we can judge, right? Don't read a book by it's cover.

Silverstein
PS3 is more powerful than 360 sorgo...find ur facts and get em straight

Tru_Slice
Originally posted by Sorgo
Raw power? Explain raw power, because if i read the specs right, they are on par. I have even spotted some things the XBOX has that has surpassed the PS3 so far. And i guess we are gonna have to wait for the games to come out before we can judge, right? Don't read a book by it's cover.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of the Xbox, but the fact is that the PS3 does have more power to use.

The Xbox 360's power is around 1 teraflop, while the PS3 is aroumd 1.8 teraflops.(which means potentialy better pixel distrubustion rate, and in-game resolution.)

Almost twice as powerful.

'Tis a shame, but it is true.

They're even in your own stats.

powerfulone1987
"Dont read a book by its cover"

That qoute is wrong. Thought I would add that for the person above who said it.

Anyway. How can the ps3 be a next generation console because of its games but not graphics as said above. I just don't understand how having new games can make a next gen console. It's all about the enhanced graphics. ps2 has some good games, that doesn't make it a next gen console.
Just asking the person above that typed that.
And if you really look at it, the Xbox360 doesnt really have graphics going for it next gen wise. They look good but do they look all that different from what we got now. I don't think so.
The ps3 will definitely beat the Xbox360 in that category and many others.
And what exactly is "framerate"? Is it really all that noticeable. I don't really notice the difference when playing game even on different consoles I don't notice it. It all looks the same to me.

DarkC
More like 360 for its games and PS3 for its hardware. Although it'll have nil to do with the actual games that come out. RE5 and Call of Duty 2 for 360 look very promising indeed.

Tru_Slice
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
"Dont read a book by its cover"

That qoute is wrong. Thought I would add that for the person above who said it.

Anyway. How can the ps3 be a next generation console because of its games but not graphics as said above. I just don't understand how having new games can make a next gen console. It's all about the enhanced graphics. ps2 has some good games, that doesn't make it a next gen console.
Just asking the person above that typed that.
And if you really look at it, the Xbox360 doesnt really have graphics going for it next gen wise. They look good but do they look all that different from what we got now. I don't think so.
The ps3 will definitely beat the Xbox360 in that category and many others.
And what exactly is "framerate"? Is it really all that noticeable. I don't really notice the difference when playing game even on different consoles I don't notice it. It all looks the same to me.

Framerate.

How many frames or pictures appear on the screen in 1 second or Frames per Second.

For instance, Project Gotham 3 has around 60 frames per second, as opposed to Kameo, which has around 30 frames per second.

Now how could you say that you don't notice the framerate?

Nactous
Originally posted by Movie_Geek_
I do not know, but I have, big grin Actually my brother is playing it right now, believe it or not, are computer in in the same room as are GC and X-box. It is one of the best PR games I have seen for X-box
What about KotOR?

Blue Dragon
At least someone knows I am female & not male...

What's that suppose to mean? Not many games on the Xbox are for my tastes. A lot of them are shooting, which isn't of my liking. I like to adventure etc...which Xbox doesn't seem to have much.Originally posted by DarkC
Has she played Fable?
No.
I have always hatted the "Fanboy" term because EVERYONE has a system they like better. Even if it is just a little. But I get the fact that the term is used on people who will not even look at other systems because they are a fan of a certain one.
I have looked at the Xbox, I do know about it. It isn't just for me.

Mainstream
PS3 nuff said

Sith Master X
PS3

Sorgo
The graphics for the 360 Still might be better due to the surpassing of other spec qualities.

Sorgo
PS 3 for me just because I like the wider selection of games

Oh dear...

No one knows what's gonna happen yet. The PS3 might have better graphics that the 360, the PS3 Might have better games... blah blah BLAH!

Don't put all of this on stone. Wait until the systems come out. Then we may judge.

Movie_Geek_
Oh dear...

No one knows what's gonna happen yet. The PS3 might have better graphics that the 360, the PS3 Might have better games... blah blah BLAH!

Don't put all of this on stone. Wait until the systems come out. Then we may judge.
True I do not think that any system is nessicarly "Better then another because that all have something to loke about them. That is why you can argue endlessly about them. The thing it that I know right (Now ) the different game series like RE and FF and many more, that always come out for PS. Plus I think you can play the old PS games on it Right? I have never heard one way or another if that is true but if it is then I know that my old games will not go to waste.

Tru_Slice
We already know what the 360 is gonna be like. They've got the games, the system capabilities, the hardware, the stuff that comes with it...

...and they haven't even shown a game for the PS3 yet...(MGS4 trailer doesn't count)

The only thing we know about the PS3 is that it might be a little bit more powerful than the 360, the system itself looks like a deflated football, and the controller looks like a boomerang.

Sony needs to get in the game a little bit more. They're going too slow.

Sorgo
We already know what the 360 is gonna be like. They've got the games, the system capabilities, the hardware, the stuff that comes with it...

...and they haven't even shown a game for the PS3 yet...(MGS4 trailer doesn't count)

The only thing we know about the PS3 is that it might be a little bit more powerful than the 360, the system itself looks like a deflated football, and the controller looks like a boomerang.

Sony needs to get in the game a little bit more. They're going too slow.

It doesn't count?

Hmm....

Power doesn't phase me. That won't mean it will surpass the #60's graphics. I wont be caring, because i am buying both systems.

Tru_Slice
Oh, I am going to get that 360 when it comes out, but I expect to see a friggn' game from Sony by then.

DarkC
It doesn't count?

Hmm....

Power doesn't phase me. That won't mean it will surpass the #60's graphics. I wont be caring, because i am buying both systems.
I will believe the PS3 videos when people actually see it in action something I haven't heard of yet.

powerfulone1987
Framerate.

How many frames or pictures appear on the screen in 1 second or Frames per Second.

For instance, Project Gotham 3 has around 60 frames per second, as opposed to Kameo, which has around 30 frames per second.

Now how could you say that you don't notice the framerate?

I still don't get it.

What do you mean how many pictures are on the screen?

Isn't there just one picture on the screen, the game that you are playing.

Victor Von Doom
I still don't get it.

A moving image is made up of lots of still images.

Think of those flickbooks you get, where you flick the pages, and it looks like it's moving. That's probably about ten frames (pictures) per second.

The more you have, the smoother the image will be.

When you get a really slow webcam, it only has a few frames per second, or sometimes much less.

Tru_Slice
I still don't get it.

(*sighs*) (at the fact that there are technologically inept people)

*breaks out "How Video Games Work, For Dummies."*

No, there is not one picture on the screen at a time. It works just like a film in the movie theater, but without the filmstrip.

A number of "frames" are projected (depending on the type of TV you have) onto the screen in one second, giving the feeling that there is "motion" taking place.

Obviously, the more "frames" projected in one second, the smoother the game looks while playing.

Now tell me that wasn't hard to understand.

americanidiot07
360 is better than ps3 this is xbox 2guns and this is ps3shit

Sorgo
Originally posted by americanidiot07
360 is better than ps3 this is xbox 2guns and this is ps3shit That's what happened to the PS2 when the 360 came out. The XBOX did better than the PS2, being that their buyout statistics went higher. But who knows, maybe the PS3 is gonna unleash something that we all weren't expecting, but so far i haven't seen that.

Skorn254
I'm eventually going to have all of them and i'm getting the 360 first.

360:$400/400
PS3:$0/???
Rev:$50/???

DarkC
PS3 will cost about 300, they said, but the package might add on to that.

Sorgo
PS3 will cost about 300, they said, but the package might add on to that.

It's always the packages that are pricey as f*ck.

powerfulone1987
Thanks Victor Von Doom.
Finally someone who knows what they are talking about.

I get it now, but it seems to me that most games movie smoothly with a good framerate. Not a significant difference. And with the new clips and things they are showing of Xbox360 games. I don't see how they move anymore smoothly than say Final Fantasy X or X-2.

I can't say I have played a video game with the framerate of a FLIPbook either.

Games are just move smoothly. I just don't see a difference in framerate among games. When you tell the character to run they run, jump they jump, fly they fly, swim they swim.
None significantly slower than the other.

Tru_Slice
It's always the packages that are pricey as f*ck.

Yeah, but you gotta get the top one, cause you'll just be paying $100+ more for anything else in the future.

BTW, 360 games are $60+

K1ll3r
Im going for XBOX 360 purley because of HALO!!!
PS3 does beat xbox in power. xbox beats ps3 in someother area.
Im pretty sure Killzone 2 shows ingame graphics for ps3.

Avenger2.0
Question?

If bungie decided to make the halo series only For playstation3
how much would the Xboxes andXbox360 sales decrease.

Its time to face facts Halo games are the only things that are keeping Xbox afloat

Avenger2.0
Framerate Fanactics the human eyes only consciously see about 26 frames per second

Victor Von Doom
Thanks Victor Von Doom.
Finally someone who knows what they are talking about.

I can't say I have played a video game with the framerate of a FLIPbook either.

I usually see them called flickbooks, but both are ok.

Avenger2.0
I will get a Ps3 because of the Champion Setup with 7 Sub processors, A graphics card more powerful than a pc's and the new Blu Ray disk format that can hold 25-50 gb of data (that ensures quality large game maps, GTA SA's was to small. Mind you it didn't take full advantage of its map size anyway).

Sorgo
*All XBOX 360's in the Factories break out of the boxes and start break dancing...*

All you PS3 fans might wanna see these....

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p1.html

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951/imgs_1.html

http://www.majornelson.com/2005/05/20/xbox...s3-part-1-of-4/

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/games/archives..._they_mean.html

Mainstream
Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3

Xbox 1 now comes...Xbox 360 WTF? seems these guys don't know how to count

this is worst than the 7 street fighter 2 games that came out in a row lol.

El_NINO
XBOX 360 ALL THE WAY!!!

Mainstream
Originally posted by El_NINO
XBOX 360 ALL THE WAY!!!

okay sonny Xbox 360 (but should have been called Xbox 2 because 2 is after 1 but they decided to be retarded and call it Xbox 360 in a lame atempt to be cool) hope you enjoy it bro.

when they make the Xbox 17 or Xbox 268 I'm gonna get on of those...their gonna be killer!

stingray005
PS3 is gonna suck compared to the 360 and everyone knows it... cause I'm God.

powerfulone1987
Actually everyone doesn't know that because it's not true,holla.

is it comprehensible.....

Avenger2.0
So True

powerfulone1987
So False.

Mainstream
Originally posted by stingray005

okay god why is the Xbox 360 not called the Xbox 2. did you forget how to count king of kings? noneleft

Avenger2.0
Counting is on microsofts to do list.......

Mainstream
Originally posted by Avenger2.0
Counting is on microsofts to do list.......

lol

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by stingray005

laughing

Nah, but really, I'm going to grab the 360 first. Maybe I'll get the PS3 when it comes out, but who the hell can judge right now?

JKozzy
Played the 360, and tbh, I wasn't blown away. My $400 right now would be better spent on games for PS2 and GCN, rather than a 360. messed

JKozzy
*All XBOX 360's in the Factories break out of the boxes and start break dancing...*

All you PS3 fans might wanna see these....

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p1.html

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951/imgs_1.html

http://www.majornelson.com/2005/05/20/xbox...s3-part-1-of-4/

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/games/archives..._they_mean.html Those articles (the ones that actually worked) are super old... May? So much can happen in six months. The consoles were still being tested then, and with Sony having extra time, what's to say they don't just completely own the 360 by seeing its faults, and bettering them?

Mainstream
Originally posted by JKozzy
Those articles (the ones that actually worked) are super old... May? So much can happen in six months. The consoles were still being tested then, and with Sony having extra time, what's to say they don't just completely own the 360 by seeing its faults, and bettering them?

spoken like a true fellow playstation fan!

Lana
Or maybe just someone with a shred of intelligence.

JacopeX
XBOX 360

**** PS3. PS3 Can suck my D*ick!

Mainstream
Originally posted by Lana
Or maybe just someone with a shred of intelligence. trueOriginally posted by JacopeX
XBOX 360

**** PS3. PS3 Can suck my D*ick! I don't think that's one of it's functions bucko

Lana
Quite frankly, I have NO plans of ever getting an Xbox 360 (not an Xbox fan), and I don't think I'll be getting a PS3 until there's a Final Fantasy released for it. I'm going with Nintendo for the next-gen consoles.

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by JacopeX
XBOX 360

**** PS3. PS3 Can suck my D*ick!

You know what's funny? Fanboys identify themselves as loudly and obnoxiously as they can, yet they hate it when they're called fanboys... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mainstream
LOL

Lana
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
You know what's funny? Fanboys identify themselves as loudly and obnoxiously as they can, yet they hate it when they're called fanboys... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yep....I despise fanboys yes

K1ll3r

Whatever fanboy.

Lana
Um, nowhere has hotsauce made any fanboy-ish comments.

K1ll3r
That sounded like a fangirl comment...

JKozzy
And that sounded like a fanboy comment. Sheesh. quit it.

Lana
Originally posted by K1ll3r

How do you figure?

I'd advise you to stop, now. As that comment was completely unprovoked and unfounded, it toes the line of bashing and mod bashing is a really good way to get yourself banned.

K1ll3r
Stopping...Stopped

Lana
Or to listen to the damn mod when she tells you to stop.

Avenger2.0
PS 3....PS 3...(continues to chant for 2 minutes)

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by Lana
Um, nowhere has hotsauce made any fanboy-ish comments.

Why thank you. big grin

Originally posted by K1ll3r

What the f**k?

JacopeX

W/e homie im acutally a quite person aiight. I once went without talkin for a week.

JacopeX
YO WTF is a fuggin fanboy!

))TrAuMa((
ps3

Makae
PS3, without a doubt.

DirectorFitz
Okay, I want PS3, no doubt...BUT, only if I know the price range. People are throwing around the 500 because of the bluray and cell processor abilities. I want that...but I can't wait...so I also want to get a 360...what should I do?

JacopeX
Xbox 360 kicks ass homes

PS3 can suck go suck on deez nutz biatch

Draco69
Both. I'm rich, b*tch! laughing

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Draco69
Both. I'm rich, b*tch! laughing

cosign

Bardiel13
Once they get all th kinks out.. Xbox 360. I love both systems and I wanna play them both, but I already have an Xbox and quite a few games, plus if I dont play Elderscrolls IV, I'll DIE! So Xbox for me!

Arahan
Hmm I would buy a Revolution and a PS3. PS3 has some good game seires like Tekken, Gran Turismo, Final Fantasy etc. Nintendo has some unique games and a new interface. which would be great for shooters.

Well the X-Box is a nice piece of hardware but it has nothing what really attracts me.

The Crab
ps3

powerfulone1987
i would like to get ps3 first but since xbox360 has come out first i'll be getting that first and i'll get the ps3 when that comes out.

DirectorFitz
yes, it is comprehensible.....if u have a lotta $$$

powerfulone1987
Why do you yall plan on just getting one of the systems?

Wolf Dog
Cos not everyone is filthy rich like you. I'm most likey gonna have a ps3 and rev though at the end of it all. Just like last generation. Sony and Nintendo combo forever!

powerfulone1987
Well this will be my first time getting an Xbox console, not a big fan of the last one. I believe the only reason i'm getting this is because of all of the nextgen hype and if the ps3 was to come out first and then the xbox360 later, i probably wouldn't get the xbox360, just b/c xbox has never in my opinion had a good library and i don't like most of the games for the system, but I've been wanting to play Dead or Alive for a long time and since it seems like they're only being made for xbox now and a new one is coming out for xbox360, i use that reason as my excuse for getting the xbox360 and to justify my reasoning.

With all of this said, the graphics on the xbox360 don't look all that next gen to me.

I may have to rethink a couple of things, hopefully some better games come out for it and they develop a better gaming library, then i'll feel more comfortable in getting one.

Wolf Dog
Sounds like you're eager for a new console and because the 360 is out now, you want to buy it. I want a next gen console also but i just don't think the 360 is worth it for me, i'd rather wait, it's not like i'm we're going to have to wait for long, spring is almost here! But whatever, if you have the money, knock yourself out.

powerfulone1987
Actually since i'm in college and only 18, i persay won't be buying it, i'll be getting it for christmas from somebody else. I do have cards, but they would never make me buy myself something like this. All of the systems i own have been bought for me.

But anyway. I know the thing I should do is wait since there really is no games for the system i want, besides Dead or Alive, but you shouldn't get a 400 dollar system for one game and more than likely they'll spew out the same types of games as before that i didn't like and Dead or Alive is just a fighting game and it's not like it's some long rpg or shooter or adventure game that takes a while to play. And to me Fighter games get old pretty fast, after you've battled with the characters and stuff there's really nothing left to do, but do the same thing all over again with the same characters.
So i've officially decided to let my mom know that I won't be wanting a Xbox360 now. Afterall I'm not a fan of them anyway, and I shouldn't mess up my whole rhythm of not liking xbox and then contradicting myself and buying a xbox360 just for the hype and not really liking it anyway.
So i won't be getting one. At least now, maybe if their library improves greatly and their graphics start to really look next gen. I think they released the system too early and it's doing poorly in Japan.
And it is having a lot of problems with scratching disc and freezing and stuff.

Not for me. Wolf Dog, even though i've known how i've felt about this system the whole time, you've somehow gave me the extra nudge to admit the truth and restrain myself from the hype, false hype that is.

o kiMMii o
Nintendooooooooo

Phat J
my friends gettin the ps3 when it comes out, so ill see how that is. i bought the old school xbox awhile ago and im content with that. i just need some good games for it, all i have is rpg's. which are good, but too much of a good thing can be bad. hockeys a sick game tho, prolly my best.

i was just wondering powerfulone, whats with the is it comprehensible thing after every post?

Wolf Dog
Actually since i'm in college and only 18, i persay won't be buying it, i'll be getting it for christmas from somebody else. I do have cards, but they would never make me buy myself something like this. All of the systems i own have been bought for me.

But anyway. I know the thing I should do is wait since there really is no games for the system i want, besides Dead or Alive, but you shouldn't get a 400 dollar system for one game and more than likely they'll spew out the same types of games as before that i didn't like and Dead or Alive is just a fighting game and it's not like it's some long rpg or shooter or adventure game that takes a while to play. And to me Fighter games get old pretty fast, after you've battled with the characters and stuff there's really nothing left to do, but do the same thing all over again with the same characters.
So i've officially decided to let my mom know that I won't be wanting a Xbox360 now. Afterall I'm not a fan of them anyway, and I shouldn't mess up my whole rhythm of not liking xbox and then contradicting myself and buying a xbox360 just for the hype and not really liking it anyway.
So i won't be getting one. At least now, maybe if their library improves greatly and their graphics start to really look next gen. I think they released the system too early and it's doing poorly in Japan.
And it is having a lot of problems with scratching disc and freezing and stuff.

Not for me. Wolf Dog, even though i've known how i've felt about this system the whole time, you've somehow gave me the extra nudge to admit the truth and restrain myself from the hype, false hype that is.

Hah, if anyone from MS see's that i just ****ed up a sell for them, Bill Gates is gonna have me killed.

powerfulone1987
no worries, b/c I've changed my mind.

My mom was like well is there anything else to that extent that i want, b/c i'm getting other stuff but that was one of the expensive ones so I couldn't think of nothing else big that i wanted and i could have just gotten the money, but i was like oh well, i'll just get the xbox360 since i can't think of nothing else, and wouldn't really no what to buy with the money if i got it.

who knows, i may think of something else or decide to just take the money.

manny321
PS3 when it goes under $400.

Ps3 will rock!!

Juding by this PS3 will win the race in a landslide. Playstaion is super popular among gernal people.

powerfulone1987
"gernal"?

Refused
I think he meant general.

powerfulone1987
I thought he meant "german".

Refused
laughing out loud

redfunk89
PS3 Definitely

supremthor
I dont realy care about the system all i care bout is the games. if the games good it good. dont matter the systems its on. like the only reason whgy i got a gamecube was to play zelda and mario that it and the onlyy reason why i got a ps2 was to play FFX and god of war. but out of all three systems the one that i liked the most was xbox cuss the games that rocked xbx was forza motorsports (best Fuccing racing game ever) and halo 2 cuss the online was freaking crazy. every sustems has its goods and it bad. that why i dont realy put one above the other.............................................. bbbbbbbbuuuuuuuuuuuuuuttttttttt gamecube did kinda sux zelda was crazy but thats bout it

Phat J
RE4's a dope game for gamecube. i like the gamecube controller too, i got a wireless for the xbox and tahts sick but their regular one ****in sucks.

how many zelda games are there for the cube?

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by supremthor
I dont realy care about the system all i care bout is the games. if the games good it good. dont matter the systems its on. like the only reason whgy i got a gamecube was to play zelda and mario that it and the onlyy reason why i got a ps2 was to play FFX and god of war. but out of all three systems the one that i liked the most was xbox cuss the games that rocked xbx was forza motorsports (best Fuccing racing game ever) and halo 2 cuss the online was freaking crazy. every sustems has its goods and it bad. that why i dont realy put one above the other.............................................. bbbbbbbbuuuuuuuuuuuuuuttttttttt gamecube did kinda sux zelda was crazy but thats bout it

Well i guess you do put other systems above the other then.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.