jar jar binks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wuTa
all i gotta say is this punk better die in this movie....i mean c'mon if u got the birth of vador and the death of jar jar in the same movie...u dont get any better than that

yerssot
that's just plain stupid to make a whole thread about this roll eyes (sarcastic)

NoMeN
lol laughing

Putte
And, he is not going to die.... sry mate, I had the same wish...smile

§pearhead
He's not gonna die!

cry no!

GABRIEL05
He actually appears in the Star Wars Episode IV:A New Hope special edition DVD...

JKozzy
Says who! Where! sad

wuTa
if the thread is so stupid why the fuk are u replying in it...i've had problems with others people threads but i dont go in them startin

§pearhead
confused yers is the only one who said it was stupid

wuTa
yea thats who i'm talkin about

Darth_Duffy
He actually appears in the Star Wars Episode IV:A New Hope special edition DVD...

........Really?

JKozzy
Answer my question!! cry

Mr.Deflok
Yep, after Porkins gets blown up Jar Jar comes down in a bombad Naboo starfighter and Kamikaze dives a turret aimed at Luke... yet somehow survives.

§pearhead
laughing out loud

amity75
I'm know I'm in the minority but I actually liked Jar Jar. He was quite funny and apart from one scene when he was leaving wattos junkshop he looked 100% real. I can't understand all the criticism of him. At least Lucas bothered to give him a personality which is more than can be said for a lot of those in Episode I.

yerssot
and of course without binks there would be no OT

amity75
Exactly. All hail Jar Jar.

wuTa
you 2 need help

Dirty Vader
Yeah it'd be sad to see Jar Jar in the OT and would ruin it. No way should he be in it.
As for the Pt, thank god he's there, he actualy makes Ep I more enjoyable. I liked the geezer and didnt mind him.

Sith Master X
The most upsetting death ever was the Emperor's in Episode 6, I mean really, there was no need for that at all!

SMX
cool

Lyn
I'm with you there amity, I liked him too. He wasn't that bad a character and his role in Clones though it was minor, was very important.

amity75
Yeah I think Lucas tried to redeem him by giving him an important role. Do you know who the most important character is in the entire star wars saga? It's the gunner on the star destroyer that captured the Tantive blockade runner. If he'd shot the escape pod with the droids then they wouldn't have met luke, wouldn't have met Obi Wan, wouldn't have met Han, wouldn't have met Leia and wouldn't have got the Death Star plans to the Alliance. This guy deserves more recognition!

In§anE
I had an AOL sn once called Jar Jar da Jedi, I went into role playing chats and ppl cussed me out sad

It was a joke anyways but why do ppl hate the guy so much

Lyn

Sith Master X
Well, let me put it this way. I can tolerate Jar Jar, but I could have done without him!!! smile

SMX
cool

Corsie
same here.

amity75
Lucas makes the movies with the 10 year old kid in mind and I haven't met any kids who don't like Jar Jar so from that point of view Lucas has succeeded with Jar Jar.

Corsie
actually, my 9 year old brother hates jar jar, but i guess it doesn`t matter because he isn`t a SW fan.

Sith Master X
Yes, you're correct. Looks like Lucas did succeed with Jar Jar, but fortunatly, Jar Jar had hardly any screen time in Episode 2. Maybe Lucas caught on to all the negativity from the older people, or maybe that's just the way he had it all planned in the first place. smile

SMX
cool

§pearhead
The problem with jar jar is that Lucas made it so that Episode 1 would appeal to a new generation so he'd get more money.

However, he should have been intending to appeal to the older fans who had seen the first movies because once the younger generations gets older, they'll see through the whole Jar Jar role and realize how stupid it was.

yanglike
I heard JarJar dies in this episode.

I guess its only his cousin or a clone of himself appearing in Ep4

smile

Corsie
if he dies, that will be the best part of the movie, but i doubt he will.

madsci
although, he serves the same purpose, in my opinion, jar jar isn't nearly as obnoxious as the ewoks.

madsci

amity75
I was a kid when I first saw ROTJ so the Ewoks didn't bother me but if they weren't in ROTJ and Lucas included them in the prequel trilogy then I'd denounce my love of star wars and go and live in a monastery.

madsci
amity> i too was a kid when i saw rotj (standing in line sucks) and at the time they didn't bother me as much. over the last few years, i have really grown to resent and despise their existence and placement in the movie. i can't help but fast forward through their scenes. i now see through them clearly, similar to what spearhead stated in his post.

just give me the tatooine scenes, the space battle, and luke whooping vaders a$$, and i'll be a happy man.

madsci

Corsie
i really don`t mind the ewoks, but i do think Lucas could have created something ten times better if he had tried.

Sith Master X
I agree with Madsci, I hate all the scenes with the Ewoks as alot of it is boring to me.

SMX
cool

Corsie
i heard somewhere that Lucas originally wanted Endor to be a wookie planet . i don`t know if it is true, but Endor would have been a lot cooler with wookies.

madsci
as stated before, i think jar jar has a much more crucial role to play, as seen in aotc. also, by the fact that he was used less in aotc, his role will more than likely be even more minimal in III, but still important.

madsci
yeah, i still got the hots for leia in her slave outfit

Sith Master X
Yes that's true. GL gave Jar Jar such a small, yet important role in Episode 3.

SMX
cool

Lyn
I must be strange then; because I don't really have a problem with Jar Jar or the Ewoks...

Corsie
No, you`re not strange, I know plenty of people who love Jar Jar and the ewoks. And although I don`t care for Jar Jar, the ewoks have never bothered me.

Lyn
Oh, ok...thanx then. happy

Corsie
No problem.

Lyn
happy

Do you think Jar Jar's role in EpIII will be similar to his role in Clones both size-wise and in regards to his actions?? Might he do something similar to his mistake in EpII, falling for Palpatine's trick...??

Corsie
That`s a very good question. I think his role in Episode 3 will be much like his role in AOTC, very small but important. I doubt we`ll be seeing much of him.

Sith Master X
I believe the same as Corsie. Also, with everything that'll be going on in Episode 3, so much plot, so many fights, I find it hard that Jar Jar could be even be given a decent amount of screen time. From some sources, I hear his role will be equivalent to AOTC.

SMX
cool

Corsie
Is it true that Jar Jar will make an appearance in the trilogy coming out in September?

Lyn
Yeah...that's the sort of role I imagined him having, thanks.

I'm not sure...

Red Superfly
The Ewoks never bothered me, I liked the Ewoks. Poors guys get a lot of stick, they were cool.

Jar Jar on the other hand, ain't cute, he ain't funny, he ain't smart, he ain't strong - he has no purpose. All things without purpose get deleted.

yerssot
he did had a purpose, a very important one!
it's "thanks" to his cry to give the chancelor emergency powers that the empire could be made

Corsie
Even though Jar Jar had an importanat role in AOTC, I could have done without him.

Sith Master X
Same here, or at least it could have been a different character who wasn't as annoying, though I have to agree with yerssot, Jar Jar's role was important.

SMX
cool

Corsie
Yep, thanks to him Palpatine got into power.

Lyn
Yeah, but his character had to be a little annoying and naieve or otherwise his falling for Palpatine's trick wouldn't have had the same impact. When he did that, I was like.."Jar-Jar...you IDIOT!!" laughing

Corsie
Yah, that was really stupid of him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.