Phoe's Harry Potter Game - Plot Discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Trickster
Okay, I don't think there is one of these yet. If there is, I apologise Ush.

This is for us to discuss the main plot to use this year. For those who didn't play it, a brief summary of what happened last year is,

Year started. Relationships forged - friends and enemies(though not many) were made.

Professor Rydell(Defence Against The Dark Arts teacher) was seen acting suspiciously. For some reason, quite a lot of students followed him, and found him smuggling away a box. Again they followed him and a small group was formed. During this time Dale stole three Gorilafes from the Care For Magical Creatues teacher(Professor Diana, Elf) and hid them in the castle. Noone else knows of their existance.

The small group of students researched in the library and found out about agical stones that grant the user(if evil) to gain great power. The stones were created by seven evil sorcerers who infused them with evil powers. The stones only work when all together(a point we should think about) and each side is attempting to do this. Since 'good' will not use these stones, they want to destroy them using a magical sword.

Duing the next part of the story Professor Higgs and Rydell were looking for a stone in Diagon Alley and the adjoining alleys when they came across Professor Higgs husband, Terrance, who wanted the stones for reasons unknown. He got the stone they were looking for and his friends stopped the pursuit by the Professors. The students of a more evil nature at Hogwarts do his bidding, which is communicated by the fires.

Several members of the goup set about various tasks. There was a mini plot where people became dragons, but this did not have much bearing on the story. They got the sword from the elves and destroyed a stone with it, rendering the rest useless.

End of story, I suppose. But I think the 'quest' as such, should be designed to destroy all the stones as they each have individual powers. Also, because one is destroyed, thge others should still work in conjunction with one another, maybe bringing back the sorcerers who created them, at least when all surviving stones are in contact with one another.

Still, to keep it interesting, AA and myself will not tell you the exact plot, but we will use good ideas given to us.

Red_Drake
So like Laura was the chosen by the elf Calidersa to destroy the stones and I was thinking about getting Laura to see her again with me and Sonia as we were part of a trio, it would help to uncover the past of the sword and the origin of the stones and that Laura's misson to destroy them is not over yet...

Trickster
Was it specifically Laura's mission? That kinda centres the plot around her, and while that's okay, I think everyone wants to be involved in saving the world, not just minor parts.

tigereyes456
YAH! i was shuned last year...*crys* sorry just..i was told i would get a big part....nvm then....just to let you know that i leave in a week and a half so...ezzy45 is taking over my character Alex and Li is going to go somewhere for the month i'm gone so if any one wants to play her great but otherwise..alex is the one one that matters.LOL!
anyway here's my idea....
The trio( drake sonia and laura) find out that another stone has been found with in the castle but don't know who has it...i think there is still stones to be found....a character like Josh..(or anyone else) Should end up keeping it and the trio along with others is sent after the person...who has the stone and went kind of mental because he/she had it and stop him/her. SO to much????
OK if you think so..i'd like to see you do better..lol...ok i'll stop now...

Red_Drake
Well... it's kinda like the trio is from the book, like Harry Rony and Hermione, being Laura Harry, Drake Rony and Sonia Hermione, which is kind of funny if you think about it... anyways the plot can be divided as they find some kind of special talent withting themselves... or has something special in the case of Laura and her sword and Drake and his Fairy Dragon which btw could play a major role too XD, also we need so more bad guys, only Terrance is not enough...

Trickster
We have studfents liek Sonia. The thing is that we can't just have three people as main players when we have so many. We don't want to be exactly like the books do we?

Tiger, I like the plot, but maybe we oculd expand the people to be more like the DA than the trio. And since the last plot centred around your characters, I think maybe you could give some other players chances to be main stars iof they want it. Not that you'll do nothing, just not have the plot entrirely revolve aorund what you ghuys are doing. I suppose if you wanted I could write a long plot that would take a few years... And involved play outside Hogwarts, at the World Cup etc etc

Trickster
Oh Drake, what powers does your dragon actually have?

*Georgina_A*
I wasn't here last year but I think that the DA idea is good...just having 3 main characters is going to push some people aside like Trickster said and soon people might just lose interest or feel left out (not saying that's going to happen but it is a possibility)...but that's just my opinion erm

Trickster
I almost did last year, and then when I tried to get involved with the plot I couldn't, because I had not the slightest idea what was going on. The old hogwarts grounds thread turned into a dragon/elf encounter.Like I say, we can center it aorund one character, but not three, because that makes ti too hard for everyone else to do stuff.

eezy45
i don't have a plan for Josh... but... well i should read your posts first ppl. stick out tongue

Red_Drake
My Fairy Dragon has healing properties in it's wings powder, can sometimes speak by telepathy and holds a big secret he doesn't want to reveal laughing

Trickster
I don't suppose you'd be willing to reveal it to me and AA would you?

Red_Drake
Perhaps... only to you two though, and don't start to spread it okay?

Trickster
Don't worry, we won't. It's just that maybe he can help the plot along... How does that sound?

Red_Drake
Already sent the PM wink

Trickster
Cool. Well I'll try and write that into the plot. You don't have to send it to AA, I'll make sure she knows.

airangel
"The plot maker speaks...." laughing out loud Okie the plot sounds good and I do like the idea of DADA coming into play..which is waht Phoe and I had planned back in January HOWEVER....her and I have had the worst luck with computers lately..........and college classes.

Now Laura's mission was to bear the sword.............however we could always have someone steal it from her....I'm not goign to play as much as I did last year....but I will be of guidance when I'm available.

WE do need to get this game rolling. Now Joshua is in Gryffindor right? Well that wouldn't be right for him to try to steal a stone....it's gotta be a slytherin!!!

Now the DADA members can be from any house!! And they are JUST as important as everyone else!!! THere's no hero til the game unfolds!!

ALSO Tiger you were a HUGE part in the plot originally b/c you are my seer...however you weren't on much and it was hard to keep backtracking and telling everyone what they had missed.

Our most DEDICATED players will have bigger roles b/c Phoe and I are going to depend on them to keep the game going! big grin

Now I also think that maybe Hermoine should get kidnapped or something....or she falls into some sort of trap..........but I am going to need help running her character............ Hermoine is always snooping around and I think she should do something to get herself kidnapped and she finds out about the stone and stuff and DADA is trying to get her back and then they all kind of find out about everything....

Others from last year will alreayd be curious about the stones..........

That's all I can think of for now...I feel a migraine headache coming so I am going to go to bed.

PM me if you have any ?'s or comments.....it's easier to respond rather than weeding through all these emails!

Trickster
You get my PM?

Trickster
Oh and the players don't need to be told everything, otherwise what's the fun in playing?

Red_Drake
Do I classify as a dedicated Player? As for the reason I was missing for a month was that my comp crashed and had no internet... so... do I get a bigger role in the plot? Along with Ryong?

eezy45
i am addicted to this RP, i can take over a big part if you want stick out tongue
phoe also suggested me having a bigger...BIGger role next 'year'...

oh yes and it would fit to hermione, getting kidnapped and rescued again and all this laughing out loud

tigereyes456
k it didn't center around me...i was shunded nad drake sonia and laura took over so...MAKE ME BIG!

airangel
yes drake you are a dedicated player! big grin

airangel
K eezy you can help me.

Yes Tiger you will have a bigger part...plus with Li becoming a teacher...big grin

Trickster yeah I got your email! big grin

tigereyes456
Ok Li is ging to be divination teacher right..and just to let you know since no one wants to play her i'm going to have her find out where her mom is and run off early and go see her....yah so.....

*Georgina_A*
I'm a bit new to this RP but I think I'm pretty dedicated smile I really like the way you and Phoe run this big grin and I'd like to participate a lot.

eezy45
thus i will do, PM me...
Josh is currently in the library searching for clues. Hermy could talk to him again before getting kidnapped!

Trickster
Searching for clues to what? The plot isn't really decided yet.

Trickster
Year 1
The trio are talking in the library, and hear someone talking about the stones.
They look and find another student reading a book and muttering to themselves.(Josh and Alex?)
Unlike they thought, the stones can still be used when all the survivng stones are put together.

Part One of Year One(the research) done.

(cut scene)Rydell is doing research of his own, looking for a stone in America.
The trio, on researching in the library, find records of there being TWO stones in Hogwarts, not just the one.
Terrance informs Sonia and co of the other stone, and gives them a riddle, telling them to break it.
The trio, while searching for the stone in the castle.(will think of a riddle for them, that could be many places, poss. sung by the Sorting Hat) are noticed by others, who join.
Also noticed, by the more evil students, are Sonia and co, who join them.

Part Two of Year One(Sides are drawn) done.

If the riddle has not been solved by then, choices will be given to each side.
Both sides will get the information on how to open the safe. Time in-game will determine who gets there first.

Part Three of Year One(Safebreakers) done.

(cut scene)Terrance sends men to look for the stone Rydell is looking for.
Trip to Durmstrang arranged for second years and above(first year players will get permission anyway)
Upon arrival in Durmstrang, both sides will discove through a common rumour by the students there that the reason it was arranged was so the Hogwarts teachers could destroy a stone there.
(cut scene)Arguement between Hogwarts teachers and Durmstrang professors over stones. Durmstrang professors want it looked after.
(cut scene)Some students talk about how they admire Harry and Hermione because of relationship with Victor Krum. Teachers tell them to stop H&H finding the stone.
(cut scene)Some Durmstrang students decide to help Harry(and therefore Higgs) because of Krum.
So two sides formed. Opposingly, the larger force is 'evil' and the predominatly 'good' force of Hogwarts is now the smaller in Durmstrang

Trickster
Does anyone have problems with the plot?

Red_Drake
No but I have a question, by Trio you mean Drake, Laura and Sonia right?

airangel
sounds good to me.....big grin

If rydell needs to come back I can bring him back...but he's pretty well much gone...for now....I might bring him in at the end of the year..since Harry is DADA teacher...........Rydell was HUGE part to begin with last year..............but I dont have the time i used to for character playing...i can just guide...

between school and modding HP & POTC adn having a life..i have zilch time!@

big grin

Just keep me informed adn I will help as I can...okie?

WEll I am off to submit a paper for class

tigereyes456
what is the plot..i'm so confuzed.

Darinda
Hi um I was wondering if I could be in the role play thingy.
Darinda Wood
5 year,Brown hair,and eyes,and Olivers little sister.Was Adopted by Hagrid after mother died of TuburculosesIt is like what Satine died of in Moliun Rouge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.