New Darth Vader Picture!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gambit420
Pretty sweet huh?

Vader Raider
Where did you get that one ?

cornponious
This picture was posted some time ago here. I even reposted it, after using a paint program to lighten it up. If you look at the pic that I uploaded, you will see that Vader is sitting in a pretty wicked looking chair.

I still can't tell if this is a legitimate pic or not.

corn

dragonx
still looks cool 2 me big grin thnks

Vader Raider
The helmet dome seems to be the same as the ANH in this pic with the widows peak and the face is like ROTJ with the larger bottom vent,Kind of like a blending of the two...

The chest box looks to be the same as the pic with Mousy Mc Callum..

Very Interesting wink

Vader Raider
Does anybody have a clearer larger pic of this ?

DARK ASSASSIN
i really dont think its real

Vader Raider
Well That is why I would like a clearer or bigger pic, It is VERY hard to reproduce the ANH dome...

I would be able to tell if it was the real dome or not..

For now though this pic looks VERY good and matches the other pics I have seen...

mephistodesigns
but in one of the web docs, one of the designers points out that in ANH Vader's robes go over the chest plate, where in ESB and ROTJ, the robes go under it. They were saying that they'd go more ANH. In this pic, the robes go under the chestplate, how do we know this isn't from one of those art shows of Star Wars memorabillia like the one in Japan right now, or a Celebration/Convention like setting? I.e.-where is this pic really from? a magazine? website?

Vader Raider
That is true that ANHs under robe went over the chest plate but that doesn't mean they actually did it for EP3 though,
Look at this pic it is UNDER the armor ?

http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL108/966484/2199737/53006212.jpg

You can also see him holding the helmet under his right arm...

mephistodesigns
I put it in photoshop and messed with different effects to get a little better idea what's going on. He clearly has a trim around the neck of the cape, you can see that in the provided pic. He's missing the cod piece, perhaps only because he's sitting down? I have never seen his chest panel as all pink/red like that. This very well could be new. There is a very odd chair behind him which is sort of in the same design style as Grevious, his hetchmen, and the ship interiors we've seen, implying that perhaps it is a modern design. However, Lucas said that he would reveal Vader on the OT DVD's. So how did this get out sooo early? and there is the pic of the helmet with the latex hayden head in it, obviously for a fitting. Has anyone compared the two helmets yet?

mephistodesigns
yeah in that pic its under...now, keep in mind they could be shooting tv ads for the OT DVD's as well. Is that from an Episode III webcam?

Vader Raider
Here are some of the pics we have so far..

http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL108/966484/2199737/53006212.jpg

http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL108/966484/2199737/53003376.jpg

http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL108/966484/2199737/52972179.jpg

http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL108/966484/2199737/52888971.jpg

They pretty much seem to match up

Darth_Duffy
is that anakin or a manakin in that last shot? stick out tongue

Vader Raider
It is a casting of Anakins head to fit the helmet correctly

Vegeta13
kinda cool...

mephistodesigns
judging from the one with the latex anakin head, it's not gonna look like it does in ANH because the dome is much more proportional to the head and there's no point at the center of the widow's peak. I think its weird to have it look more like ESB and ROTJ. Its going to further distance ANH visually from the series as a whole.

mephistodesigns
I wonder why they went with trim on the cape and no codpiece. wierd.

Vader Raider
Here is a pic of the ROTJ Vader, The trim on the cape is on the ROTJ Vader... Looks very similar huh.

http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL108/966484/2199737/53010166.jpg

mephistodesigns
i don't see any trim, nor have I ever seen it the billions of times I've watched to movie and studied image after image of Vader in books and magazines.

mephistodesigns
it has looked like there's trim under the cape in a few shots, but not around the collar on the outside like the pic posted here. Not to mention that pic is from the archives, where they clearly piece parts together, they are the shots usually used for modern ads and merchandise that requires images of characters. They aren't always consistent with film versions as far as the pieces being with the right pieces.

Vader Raider
Well all the capes had a trim on them, The question is though in that pic were he is sitting down the trim look kind of wide and throws me off as well...

Mr.Deflok
The sitting down one was debunked months ago on TFN, it's just someone in the costume sitting, not any official Star Wars actor (from memory).

Vader Raider
Cool thanks for that info, There were things that were bothering me about that pic, Like the No cod piece, and the width of the trim on the cape..

Odde Raciir
That picture is from INSIDER magazine.

Vader Raider
Was it a FAN pic or some thing from Insider ?

Odde Raciir
noup, is from an article about ep3 production...
I was wondering about if this is from the movie or from some presentation/live show or something, but i don't think that Lucas will aprove something like this "Stone Throne" to do with Vader...

Who knows...

mephistodesigns
yeah, I didn't think they'd make him look like that, all the little web docs that mention Vader from a costume stand point always say they need to bridge it to the first one, not simply make him look like any old Vader image. He needs the larger dome like in ANH, more emphasis on robes than armor, that kind of thing. One of the web docs showed a costume designer pouring over pics of Vader so I don't think they'd let glaringly obvious mistakes like that. At least I hope not. This is really a key bridge that'll either make or break the Vader transition to the old trilogy. ANH is so visually behind ALL the other movies. Its must be really tough trying to bridge these fantastically modern films to the simplicity and grime of the OT. I really hope they can pull it off. Its sounds like they will, there's a lot of attention to detail. From the little clips and stills we've seen so far, the ship interiors seem to look very OT, in the vein of the Star Destroyer. I can't wait to see how this turns out. We've waited nine years for this moment. I'm sure they're aware of how delicate this whole thing is at this point.

Vader Raider
I hope so I love the OT used universe look smile

mephistodesigns
so far the weapons pics they've shown all look worn. I'm willing to bet the new Jedi Starfighters will be pretty scarred up.

Vader Raider
Vader looked most evil in ANH his helmet and everything.

cool

Sith Master X
I have often thought the same thing!!

SMX
cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.