UT2K4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

greyboy
I think we all needed to shed our old skin and start a new thread. How's everyone been diggin the game?? I'm going strong still...enough that I spend the few hours of free time I have fragging, and leave no time left. Weak! Anyway, its worth it.

How's it goin with ya'll?

eleveninches
Both single player and online games take absolutely ages to load up.

greyboy
what kind of system specs you runnin it with? im not havin too long of a wait....but considering it is a 5 gig install....you cant expect nintendo turn-around...

eleveninches
I have about 5 gb free space, and am running it on a pentium 4 2Ghz, with an ATI 128 Mb graphics card.

VengeanceGOD
Turn off "preload player skins" or some option that sounds like that. That'll fix it.

greyboy
UT2k4 is being shown at E3....anyone have any ideas of what's going to turn up??

eleveninches
I turned off preload alll player skinds.
It still doesnt work
I have either normal or low for all graphics settings, and have even turned my firewall off.

Still, the big picture comes up (the one with the name of the map on it), and then it just says "Unable to connect"

greyboy
i would recommend going to the unreal home page and seeing if theres some kind of patch or something that you might be able to download. if you've done that, i really dont know what to tell you. it works like a charm on my comp, so its difficult to guess what else could be wrong.

but in the meantime, take out the frustration on a nice deathmatch or assault....lol!

edwinian
patch came out yesterday:

http://www.gamespot.com/misc/download/dl.html?id=6098079

greyboy
very cool....thank you....i like how the patch allows you to switch sides during onslaught after each match if you want. very nice!

eleveninches
I cant download it. I signed up on the website, but it says that it cant download. Is the patch available from anywhere else?

FlappingMangera
Ah, the patch......

UT2k4 just gets better.

greyboy
i'll look around for you, but thats the site i used. still no luck with it?? its really awesome....theres actually a slew of things it provides. just great.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.