fox news to "do it better"...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

greyboy
thats what they're saying anyway...apparently bc of the public outcry there was due to Ted Koppel's reading of the names of the US soldiers KIA in Iraq, Fox News Sunday is going to try to do it better by actually naming what the soldiers have accomplished over in Iraq instead of just naming names. Sounds like a good idea....anyone else hear about this?

greyboy
ugh....can one of you nice mods push this on over to the OT.....apparently im in idiot mode today....

LanİeWindu
This is not a topic that deserves to be in the OTF.

Just because the OTF has more traffic doesn't mean you need to put more serious topics in there to get attention. If this were to be moved over there it would get flooded with obnoxious crap, and the original point of the topic will be lost in oblivion.

greyboy
alright then....good to know.....many thanks, i was ready to get the 3rd degree for it...

thanks again.

WindDancer
Haven't heard anything like that. Then again I don't watch that crappy network.

greyboy
damn....thats a bit harsh...I don't like to choose favorites when it comes to news channels, but recently ive been watching fox. I just get tired of people telling me CNN is too liberal and fox is too conservative, etc etc...so I make decisions on my own. Thats why I thought what they were doing was admirable enough to post. dats all.

WindDancer
Not trying to be harsh. Just giving my honest opinion on a network that should get kick out of television forever.

Holcomb
Why? That sounds like a very uninformed statement to me.

I for one am interested in what is going to happen on fox news sunday.

greyboy
I can appreciate that....but can't you give a reason? I can always say I think something is terrible and should be expelled from society....but I would hope someone would challenge me to at least provide an explanation.

So cmon now......why should it "get kicked out of television forever" and what network is better?

WindDancer
Trying to avoid politics here. Remenber the election of 2000? All the networks were quick to jump the gun on who won. Fox along with NBC and CBS were being absurd with the results. Ever since then I have drop my interest for the news shows. As for that uninformed comment......well, I rather be uninformed than being misinform. Now, as far as all that coverage of the war is obviously edited. There are so many things that we will be mislead on. The networks did that during Desert Storm and they will do it again.

Raz Jr
we love you too lance happy

Corlindel
I only am sure that Fox News its the most pro Bush Admnistration of all USA tv's. And the Iraqi war facts have been completely censored and manipulated by Fox.
It is usual for me and some journalists friends of mine to laugh a lot about it. So no mather what you are talking about, the intention is obvious.

Darth Revan
yes yes yes

Corlindel speaks the truth. However, I don't think it's fair to say that CNN has a liberal slant, either--it doesn't. Most news organizations these days are either conservative or neutral. (with the exception of a few like NPR, Newsweek, BBC...) The only place I really trust to have the facts is NPR... The others all seem to let their own political opinions stand in the way of the facts.

Tex
FOX news is outrageously biased toward the Bush Administration.
It's a Network run by evangelical bible pushing christians!
And dont even get me started on that horrible bigot Bill O'Reiley! thumb down

CNN isn't any better, too much entertainment news.

I get all my news from the BBC!
They're the best! thumb up

Holcomb
Corlindel - nice post. You clearly have very strong writing skills that make your arguments that much more compelling.

I still don't really know where all these people who claim FNC is bias get their info from. What proof do you have?

WindDancer
Actually ABC is more biased towards Bush. A good example is George Will on the This week show. Now, don't get me wrong I like George and have a lot of respect for the man (even though he is a Cubs fan) because he is very educated, and his criticizim on Newsweek are well written.

Whether is the BBC or CNN, or whatever other network they manipulate the stories! Good Journalist are hard to find these days. It don't matter who carries the story, in the end the networks will change it. We never get to hear the true stories!

The Omega

Ushgarak
The BBC does have a strong professional ethic, but it is very much a left-wing organisation and has recently got into the most terrible trouble for blatantly biased reporting. It is currently being re-organised.

LanİeWindu
I know you do. smile

I'm just tryin' ta help the guy out here. If he wants serious answers this is the place to keep it.

speiderman
FAke news

Faux news. "No spin except from the right."

Kaleanae
I watch NewsHour with Jim Lehrer on PBS (Publib Broadcasting)

LanİeWindu
I just watch the local news...stick out tongue

scott hiwersh
Here is the problem, Koppel is reading these names out without any context to why they dies... These folks died for a cause they believed in, obviously very strongly. Koppel read these names out in an effort to make their sacrifice appear petty. That is why Fox News is going to pay tribute to their sacrifice, as well as read their names. All of this talk about bias reporting is crazy. Fox is clearly the only channel that presents an issue from both sides.... And because they do this, it infuriates other news organizations b/c they like to spin things to the left, and Fox presents the truth.

Darth Revan
Fox definitely has a conservative bias. CNN supposedly has a liberal slant, but I don't see it. They just do less of the "real news" and more sports, entertainment, etc. I never watch ABC, so I wouldn't know about that one. Despite the phrase "liberal media", there is no such thing, I don't know where that came from. Fox does not present issues from both sides. Well, maybe they try, but they always end up making Bush seem good.

And I don't understand what everybody's problem with Newsweek is... I like it a lot better than Time. Time reminds me of CNN--they talk a lot about health, sports, entertainment, etc, and are spending less and less space on actual news. Then when they do print an actual news article, it tends to have a conservative bias. For example, the whole Clarke conspiracy was presented from completely opposite perspectives in Time and Newsweek. Time printed an article about how Condoleezza Rice was getting "attacked" by the "liberal media". Newsweek printed an article about Richard Clarke and how strong they thought his testimony was.

Scott, I don't believe that all of the soldiers who died in Iraq believed in their cause. Many of them are against the war, but since they were already in the army, they had no say in the decision to ship them off to war.

wuTa
i have a problem with both newtowrks....heres the deal...abc news is reading the names of dead soldiers because they know it will bring in the ratings...they could give a **** less about the soldiers dyin for the counrty...all abc wants is money same with fox **** bothe of them

Darth Revan
yes I used to watch the news but I stopped because I recognised that a lot of what they say can't be trusted... Even if some of it is true, they twist people's words around a lot and such..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.