do you think budd deserved a better death?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tabby999
i dont know about you guys, but i thought Budd deserved to have a better death, he was too cool to go down to Elle Driver like that. dunno bout you lot, thats just what i thought

mook
it was unexpected - i was expecting a 2 on 1 fight between bud+elle and the bride.

and its cool that a black mamba killed him which is the brides code name.

sonofasaiyan
Actually a Black Wumba killed Budd. And it was a bit of a let down because i actually started to think Budd was a pimp.cool

Dave123
well, budd can't fight (except maybe with guns) so.... it wouldnt have been a decent fight anyway

Reborn Again
Budd's death was cheap, but he deserved to die. He had regrets. But to be killed by a Black Mamba via Elle wasn't entertaining. I hoped to see a shoot out or an all out brawl between Beatieux and Budd.

shake zula
budd had a hanzo, and bill asked him if he kept up with his sword skills so i would have to say at one point he was a decent sowrd weilder. i really expected the bride to kill budd because she was the one who wanted the revenge, but elle is a b!tch like that, watcha gonna do? she got her eye plucked, so i guess they're even.

Reborn Again
Elle killed The Bride's master, that's why it was eye for an eye. Not because she killed Budd.

sonofasaiyan
Yea Elle did kill Pai Mei which bugged me cuz he was so goddamn tight. The nigga was agile and Elle deserved what she got. At least Budd's death could have been more violent than pathetic. mad

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/user_sigs/customsig_30922_uR.gif

Dave123
budd was low and pathetic, so it was only suitable erm

Aerosin
elle rules.....

Lord Soth
It certainly was clever of Elle to do that, but Budd did deserve better

shake zula
i was saying that it had two purposes, one for killing pai mei, and two, for not letting her kill budd. i guess a third eye woulda been useful...

sarahvma
Budd deserved better. If he lied about pawning the sword, obviously he's still very good. It was unfair. I wished that the Bride and Budd had actually had some kind of real interaction, like dialogue interaction. He's the only one of her death list five she never speaks to. Also - why doesn't Bill ask about Budd? If Beatrix is alive, then clearly Elle lied, so are we supposed to just assume Bill put two and two together? And maybe it would've been nice if she had given him Budd's Hanzo sword as a sign that Budd hadn't as been as angry as Bill thought.

Dave123
maybe he just kept the sword as something to remember things by? i mean, he didn't look that healthy.... my impression is that he sucked with a sword sad

tabby999
nah, he deserved heaps better. and i dont think hes out of it, he obviously was good, do you really think bill would have had him in a assasin squad if all he could do is shoot? especially with the types of people they seem to kill. think about it huh

burlyman
Beatrix and Budd should have had a proper fight and dialogue, yeah erm

Exactly, the all died at their own level.
O-ren by samurai sword fighting
Vernita by knife
Elle by eye plucking out wacko (if she did die)
Bill by the special secret technique, that he first told her about smile

sarahvma
True, but I think Quentin knew that the audience would probably like Budd, and since Budd's death was the most unfair, he made it so that he was the only one who came close to defeating the Bride - therefore actually making him the smartest DiVA member.

sarahvma
While I do believe Budd was a capable member of the team (like I said before, he was the only one that came close to actually getting the best of the Bride) we must keep in mind it's the guy's brother. But I think Budd must've been trained by Pai Mei - it seems like that was probably a requirement of the Vipers.

skribblez101
Btw, (sorry if this is a bit off-topic) I couldn't understand why Budd lied to Bill and told him that he had pawned his hatori hanzo sword. Later, you find out that it was still in his trailer, and the bride ends up using it against elle.

Red Superfly
Sorry, but Budd was too cool. Michael Madsen rules. Poor Budd.

Stupid "boney ass" Elle.

dave123
i reckon Budd USED to be a kick ass assasin, but as he said, hasn't kept up with his sword play

shake zula
elle talked to bill on the phone while in budd's trailer and said the bride killed him by slipping a balck mamba in his trailer.

Ice Mario
Because as Bill stated, they had never really seen eye to eye in recent years so I guess Budd just said it to annoy Bill seeing as he bought it for him.

As for the way Budd died, I thought it was quite cool that he was killed by a Black Mamba. Admittedly, I was bit disappointed cos me and friend were really looking forward to Budds fighting style.

sarahvma
As the inscription on the sword suggests, at one time Bill and Budd were very close. They loved each other - they were brothers. Then for whatever reason Budd got out of the assasin business, and it was probably due to some kind of fight with Bill. Now Budd knows that sword was a gift, proof of how much Bill felt his brother meant to him and Budd knows that it would really hurt him to know he had pawned it. It was just done to get back at his brother for whatever it was he felt he had done.

sarahvma
Yes, but she also said she had killed the Bride... so clearly if one is a lie... he might have tried to draw some kind of connection?

WindDancer
Budd didn't regret anything. If he had regrets somehow he would have help the Bride get to Bill. It was a set up all along. The only thing he care for was the money. Looking at all the things he did to the Bride in Vol.2 he deserved to die that way.

dave123
nah, i wouldnt say the only thing he cared for was money erm he still had the sword, and if he wanted money he would have kept up with the high paying job as an assassin

WindDancer
I was saying that because maybe he is no longer a skillful assasin. Maybe that's why he is living in that trailer, and working at the Oh my!Oh my! Oh my! strip club. It seem that Bud lost his touch 4 years after the massacre. He is one cruel man though cool

sarahvma
I doubt it - he only got out of the revenge business because of some private feud with his brother. He kept the sword, and let's face it: if he's the most out-of-shape and out-of-practice of the DiVAS, why is it he was the only one that even came close to killing her? ... Guess that means he used to be Superman.

dave123
if he's the most out-of-shape and out-of-practice of the DiVAS, why is it he was the only one that even came close to killing her?

he's changed the most.... he doesn't fight with honour. that gives him an extreme advantage yes you don't need to be in-shape to shoot a shotgun stick out tongue

and Oren came very close, as did Go-Go, Bill WAS owning her, he would have won I recjon if it wernt for the you know what smile

sarahvma
Yeah, but Vernita tried to "bush-wack" her with the knife, Bill tried to get her when she was off her guard, and O-Ren sent however many bodyguards after her before finally taking her on and losing spectacularly. And if the wedding chapel massacre was any example, it's clear that they never fought with dignity - considering they gunned them down with their backs turned during a wedding rehearsal and then beat a pregnant woman half to death before getting their leader to shoot her in the head...

dave123
well.... Bill didn't really catch her that off guard... it's not like he went straight for a slice... and he even knocked her sword away, which is why i thought he was winning.

O-Ren did good, although its true, she would have been tired from the others smile

and as for the chapel... i think it's cause what she did was a disgrace to Bill - running away without any explanation - that caused him to go to the limits.

but they DO have dignity yes remember Elle in the hospital? "that would lower us.." etc

sarahvma
Yeah, but then again, Budd did make a point of saying that both he and the Bride deserved to die, so either way it was a fair fight. The Bride was going to sneak into his camper, throw open the door and slice him right there... how is that a lot more dignified than shooting a gun? If she wanted honor, she could have challenged him to a fight. And Elle has the least dignity of all... Bill probably having the most, but only just.

burlyman
They're not dirty rats no

dave123
nah, what Bill did is standard procedure in my book yes if someone's sneaking about outside your cabin, and your waiting with a gun, it's entirely the bride's fault for not challenging him to a fight outside smile

and I doubt she would have sliced him there and then, she didn't do that to V, so why do it to Budd?

sarahvma
It is, as Dave said, standard procedure (at least I'm sure he meant Bud... instead of Bill) Someone's sneaking outside to kill you, and this person has just managed to overthrow about 30 people at one time, it's every man for himself. And she would have done it to Vernita, but Vernita (being the knives expert) was too quick for her.

dave123
i editted bill to budd before you replied wink

and if she wanted to, there's no way she could have dodged a samurai sword as soon as the door was opened.... she could have even just shoved it through the door

anyway, my point was that they always have a lil chit chat before fighting, the same would have happened to Budd smile

sarahvma
Not necessarily - she just went right after Vernita when she answered the door - there was that pause of recognition, and then they went at it. It was only after Nikki came home and they didn't want to be too loud that they launched into a conversation.

dave123
you know how it is, every character would get a talking scene at some point....

and concidering the fist-fighting, she wouldnt have killed her straight away if it went to plan

sarahvma
maybe... who knows?

tabby999
but the chatting before the fights gives Tarantino to add in his snippy dialoge. and who dosn't love that?

sarahvma
lol - good point. I liked the line that Mexican guy says "White women call this the silent treatment - and we let them think we don't like it!"

I still would have liked a dialogue between Budd and the Bride...

SenshiNaka
Yes the only thing that they really shared was... well saliva and some shrapnel to the chest. I was really hoping to see more of a confrontation between the two. I think that Budd can still swordplay but i think he just doesnt show it because of mabye a family despute. And if he cant use swords then he probably has some slick trigger dances to show everyone.

sarahvma
lol.. sorry - the word "dance" reminds me of Reservoir Dogs.

sarahvma
Yeah, but to completely squash my deleted scene hopes, Madsen made a point of saying he was glad he got to skip training, unlike everyone else, so I guess we'll never know what Budd's specialty was... he probably made a good look-out... he's got good instincts...

tabby999
yeah, i think budd had alot more to say than he got a chance to say

sarahvma
Hey - bottom line: he's obviously the smartest of all four seeing as he was the closest to killing here. Therefore his death really wasn't that unfair - because it would be hard to believe that if she couldn't sneak up on him once, why should she be able to a second time?

tabby999
well put

Red Superfly
Yeah I thought Budd came across as the most dangerous.

With every one of the Brides enemies - I have thought "This is where Elle gets beat, this is where O Ren gets beat etc etc", but with Budd, when he beat her I thought "Wow, this guy is the shit - he didn't even TRY"

sarahvma
lol - exactly. And it's almost like you kind of know if she had gone up against him, she might not have won. Which is probably why she stayed in hiding until Elle killed him, and then waited for her to leave.

tabby999
madison sure cracked some cool ass roles huh

((The_Anomaly))
YES!!!! he did, i wanted "kiddo" to kill him good, it was sort of disappointing. sad

sarahvma
Well, the problem is that by that time the audience can't help liking Budd, and having The Bride kill him is a little... well, it makes us like HER less, which is not the intention. Obviously people liked Budd, otherwise this thread wouldn't have been started. You also kinda feel bad that Bill had to die... but you know he has to.

sarahvma
The sad thing about Michael Madsen is that it seems for every great role he lands, he also takes on ten bad ones. He could have been a really huge star. Tarantino was going to make him his "actor" kind of like Uma Thurman's his "actress"... but Madsen couldn't do Pulp Fiction (he was originally supposed to be Vince Vega) so they didn't talk for a long time... and Madsen filled the space with a lot of forgettable roles. Did anyone know he was in My Boss's Daughter? I think there should be a new clause in his contract: Tarantino Movies ONLY.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.