Starsky And Hutch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Walter Simard
http://www.ifrance.com/starskyethutch/starskyethutch02.jpg

Det.Sgts. Dave Starsky, left, Ken 'Hutch' Hutchinson
In my opinion, it's a mistake to attempt a remake of this TV classic. Let's face it, Ben Stiller is no Starsky.

Please don't get me wrong, I do respect and appreciate his work especially in There's Something About Mary. That said, he should have been given the opportunity to stand on his own two feet by creating his own unique character, and not step on someone else's coat tails.

As for a sequel, both Paul Michael Glaser and David Soul have stated that they're willing to reprise their respective roles. So many of us that were brought up on 70s TV would just love a sequel, and it would bring much needed closure to the S&H story.

There's only one Kojak, one Columbo, even one Insp. Clouseau, and there should be only one set of Starsky & Hutch.

stinkfist462
this movie looks kinda funy .. i was never into the tv series though ....

The Unknown
That movie was great! Better than I expected. Everyone should go see it.

The Unknown
The movie was VERY funny. Everyone should go see it.

caballera
I'm a big fan of Ben Stiller so I want the movie to be great, but I've heard mixed things. Of course, I don't think there's a Ben Stiller movie I don't like. I even want to see this new one Envy. Nothing can go wrong with poo evaporators. Have you guys seen this preview? You can watch it at www.budweiser.com/1 And how creepy is Christopher Walken?

Twin B!tch 1
I'm gonna see this movie yes

caballera
I want to see it the day it comes out. Sneak preview even. Anyone know about any that are happening?

The Unknown
There was on the 21st (that's when I saw it).

caballera
Ahhh! You saw a sneak preview of Envy. How was it?

Poptarts
just saw the trailer of envy. looks hilarious

caballera
doesn't it though??? I love Ben Stiller!

supertruper
Is Envy really a movie about dog poop? You mean POOP? Envy should be good for at least a few laughs!!!

movie_freak
The Trailer looks Funny, can't wait it comes out here.

kalantiaw
starsky and hutch looks funny fromm the trailer. intriguing. i'm gonna go see it maybe today.

Stewie is God
this movie seems soooo funny. and with will ferrel and vince vaughn in it....that's only gonna make it funnier

Walter Simard
The trailer sucks, but the Torino looks great!

caballera
torino??

beaujay1
i really want to see this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cinemaddiction
David Starsky's 1975 red and white Gran Torino. It's gorgeous, but it takes a beating in the movie, needless to say.

BTW, the movie was eeeeeeexcellent.

OBloommyday
i dont get it no

what is this movie about?

Julie
It's about two cops.....one a stickler for rules and one a bender of rules....they get into a lot of trouble....oh and a crazy drug dealer who made a scentless cocaine that tastes like sweetner....etc etc etc...blah blah....don't waste your time

caballera
Aha! A car. It all makes sense now. I guess I need to see the movie...right away.

banzai
i saw it. it was frickin hilarious. will farrell is too funny for words. the original tv show was before my times, so i don't know how the guys measured up in accuracy to their respective parts. but as a stand alone flick, i *assume* that it's a spoof on the original.

eleveninches
Who played the pimp?

Cinemaddiction
Haha..who else but Snoop Dogg as "Huggy Bear".

Cinemaddiction
http://images.killermovies.com/s/starskyamphutch/sah_set_pics_01.jpg

DemonicGambit-2
I personally think it's just plain wrong to have Snoop Dog as a character in your movie, but then again I say that when it comes to Busta Rhymes to. And I have a question for anyone who used to watch the show, wasn't it supposed to be a serious series? I don't know I never saw it, but if it has Ben and...that other dude....they'd really just be making fun of it

Cinemaddiction
Owen Wilson. Snoop Dogg is fine, he's done other movies like "Bones" and "The Wash". His acting isn't all that great, but they needed someone to fill the role of a cool pimp..and it just fit. And yes, this is a comedic adaptation of the original television series, that wouldn't fair as well, ahd it been a cop drama set today.

crickey77
Loved Starsky and Hutch and everyone in it. What a year Stiller is having! First Starsky and next Envy with Jack Black? That movie looks hilarious-can't wait until the 2nd. Anyone else pumped about it too (and also did we ever find out when the previews are???!!!)

kali99
This movie looks hilarious.. I can't wait to see Black and Stiller together... and the whole Vapoorizer concept cracks me up.. especially that infomercial on the site. Can't wait!

crickey77
I know-and for those of who who haven't seen the site yet-highly recommend it for a good laugh!

www.vapoorizer.com

Looking forward to seeing it April 2ndsmile

caballera
there's also a trailer on www.budweiser.com/1!

Poptarts
cool... it was hard to find, but there's a lot of trailers

caballera
yeah...btw, i love the pic w/ snoop dog on this page. nice find, cinemaddiction!

supertruper
Hey Caballera- why is ENVY on a budweiser link?? that is weird. The movie is about poop, not beer!
Anyway, I have loved Jack Black since his role as the cooky music store salesman with John Cusak in High Fidelity....I was not the biggest fan of Shallow Hal...but I cannot wait to see ENVY!

crickey77
Hey all:

Saw this on college club today-you can win a chance to have Jack Black come to your collge and you also get a private screening of Envy with your friends-way cool!

http://www.collegeclub.com/channels/contests/envy/

Holcomb
Are you serious!! That's awesome. I would love to meet Jack Black in person. He's probably just as hilarious in person... I can't wait for Envy to come out!

Sugar Kane
I loved Starsky & Hutch, and now more than ever, I want the gorgeous Owen Wilson's babies... love

supertruper
I would love to meet JAck Black in person too. I would love to watch one if his movies with him and see his reactions! I am sure he had a lot of fun making ENVY.

caballera
i know it's weird, but the budweiser site (budweiser.com/1) always has pretty cool trailers in the entertainment section... random, huh?

Holcomb
Oh i'm sure they (Stiller and Black) had the most amazing time making this movie. And also the rest of the cast. I would love to be around these guys for just a day. I think I would be laughing every minute of the day. Can't wait for the movie..

supertruper
Pretty much- I just watched on of the clips from Envy (found it on ComingSoon.com) and found Ben Stiller and Jack Black singing about "You stepped in poo, what should you do?!!" it was so funny- I highly reccomend!

ElectricBugaloo
Starsky and Hutch was pretty funny.

It was no "Meet the Parents," but if you liked other Ben Stiller/Owen Wilson comedies, you'll enjoy this movie.

MarkHobin
Am not a fan of the original but i seen the new movie and its pretty good, i think its more of a piss take than anything else.

caballera
jack is so funny in everything he does and is also a good actor

Holcomb
I agree! Jack makes everything funny. And Stiller will just add to the fun! I'm looking forward to Envy on April 30th!

caballera
I saw that and was NOT disappointed! Stiller is a genius as always!

Aku
Ben stiller is a well good starsky, although i really enjoyed the series but the series was totally different, coz the series was a drama whether the cinema version is a comedy.

Owen wilson however was the crappest hucth possible. But he did ok i guess

caballera
lol! laughing

angel1
the classic tv show of starsky and hutch is cool but the new flim is ok its not as fuuny as the old flim

caballera
when was there an old film?

sailormoon
I love Ben Stiller movies! Especially Owen Wilson/Ben Stiller movies! stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.