Always two there are, no more, no less?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DARK ASSASSIN
i dont understand this very well. does this mean that there can only be two sith at one time in the whole galaxy, or is it just describing a master and apprentice thing?

yerssot
as it was clearly said in TPM:

the sith can only be with two, no more, no less, a master and an apprentice

wuTa
every sith is either a master or apprentice...right?

Ushgarak
That's right, though bear in mind 'Apprentice' just means the junior one, not necessarily someone still in training.

George Lucas describes it thusly:

"One of the themes throughout the films is that the Sith lords, when they started out thousands of years ago, embraced the dark side. They were greedy and self-centered and they all wanted to take over, so they killed each other. Eventually, there was only one left, and that one took on an apprentice. And for thousands of years, the master would teach the apprentice, the master would die, the apprentice would then teach another apprentice, become the master, and so on. But there could never be any more than two of them, because if there were, they would try to get rid of the leader, which is exactly what Vader was trying to do, and that's exactly what the Emperor was trying to do. The Emperor was trying to get rid of Vader, and Vader was trying to get rid of the Emperor. And that is the antithesis of a symbiotic relationship, in which if you do that, you become cancer, and you eventually kill the host, and everything dies."

The point being that if there are ever more than two Sith, they become too divisive to be effective.

mindbugaling
i shtere a difference between a sith and a regular dark jedi?

Ushgarak
Only in name but the practical effect is the same- Dark Siders divide amongst themselves.

yanglike
Ok but how about in Ep3 ? There will be dooku at first. Then he will die so the emperor will pick up grevious or will he still wait to recruit anakin ? Because we all know that both will be villains in this ep3. And if the emperor plans on recruiting anaking for a long time then it means grevious is not a sith or either the emperor is taking him for a short term job hoping anakin will kill him later... lot's of confusion in this.

Corsie
I heard somewhere that Dark Jedi were just Jedi who had turned bad but still had the same powers as regular Jedi. Sith have a special magic they use that no one else knows about, so after all the Sith are destroyed there can be no more Sith because no one else knows about the magic. Don`t know if it`s true or not, I just heard it somewhere.

Reborn Again
I'm assuming that General Grevious will be incorporated into Anakin to become Darth Vader. That's the perfect link to how Anakin gets his techno gear. So Grevious has to be destroyed in some fashion to make way for Darth Vader to rise.

DARK ASSASSIN
grevious is not a sith. hes in charge of the separitists army and soon the clones. yes he fights with lightsabers i know, but thats only because he can and will. he doesnt have any jedi powers at all, just saber skill

§pearhead
Correct, as DA said, Greivous is not a sith. He weilds lightsabers and possesses some capacity to predict a jedi's movement, but is not, as far as I know, force-sensitive.

Ushgarak
We have seen no evidence of any 'special Sith magic'.

Rogue Jedi
what about sith magic beans?

yerssot
they were eaten by the sith dog

Ushgarak
Except for them, of course.

wuTa
that is stupid that is dumb...what the **** is lucas thinkin?...the lightsaber is suppose to be a weapon of a jedi and before u some of u say but the sith have them...yea the sith who are dark jedis and force sensitive...i dont beleive a non-jedi is gonna have a lightsabre

Ushgarak
We've kinda had this argument already. It does indeed appear to be the case, so presumably Grievous has some very hi-tech co-ordination for his sabres.

Still, we shall see.

yerssot
so what if it's the weapon of the jedi? can't mean a smuggler can't use it! just put the bright side in the other guy ... not THAT hard

just that if you fight a jedi with it ... you're dead meat

The One Part 2
Han Solo used a lightsaber in ESB. Why would it be so hard to for a cybernetic soldier to use one?

Ushgarak
There is a difference between using one as a cutting tool and using it to duel Jedi. But even so, it seems to be possible.

QX100
Are you certain Grevious is full robot, it looks lick he's has human like eyes, so maybe he is just a cyberneticly enhanced dark jedi.

yerssot
"He's more machine now than human... twisted and evil" wink

if I'm not mistaken he has eyes and a brain or something

DARK ASSASSIN
i think that he has one human hand, but that might resemble to much to other characters smile

Darth Venom
thanksss all of you dudes and dudets but really there is really no reason 2 thank me i am glad i can help you all out as a SW fan it is my duty 2 share everything with you what i can get my hands on ,just keep spreading the stuff i release anywhere you can ,SW fans should always stick 2gether and i am glad 2 see that there are still real SW fans who dont stab eachother in the back ,you are all the saviors of the SW legacy

dragonx
(post removed)

Darth Venom
Well if it help's "am sorry dragonx"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.