The Oddessy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eleveninches
Now that they have made a film about the illiad, do you think that they will make a film about the oddessy.?
The trojan war lasted 10 years, and the oddesy lasts about 10 years as well. It chronicals Odysseus's voyage home to Ithaca, and his hardships during that time. It is actually meant to be much more focused on mythology, whereas the illiad was more focused on war.

finti
ther are actually numerous films of the Oddessy

lil bitchiness
'Troy' is in a sense Illiad. and yeah, like finti said, there are many films about Odyssey yes

P.S you spelt Odyssey wrong stick out tongue

eleveninches
I thought that they might make a modern remake of it, because at the end of troy, Sean Bean says some thing like "If they ever tell my story"

forumcrew
they could I dont know how good it would be me, as you said it involves more mythology some things harder to do like the cyclops, hopefully they use Sean Bean if they do make it

eleveninches
I looked on imdb.com and it doesnt show sean bean as being signed up for anything like that. But if troy continues to make lots of money, it is inevitable that they would want to make a follow up movie (to get more money)

Drifter101
well there have been a lot of Odyssey but they were only TV movies, just like they made a troy movie on tv not even 6 months ago there is a Troy movie out, so why not make a mainstream Odyssey movie, and get it out of cheap the trend of TV movies.

Aku
Wasnt odessy those two faggy guys who made wings out of wax and feathers and one of the guys died showing off?

eleveninches
/\ No, I believe that was Icarus and his father

speiderman
NBC made a feature film called the Odyssesy in 1998 I think. I remember that Vanessa Williams played the nymph that helps Odysseus get off one of the islands.

Phoenix
If the same company make the Odyssey as made Troy, I don't think they'll use Sean Bean, he wouldn't captivate an audience for a 2 hour film.

Drifter101
i dont know about that, he does have some good scenes and performances,

Kes
Sean Bean is good but not a leading man. Actually ppl just expect him to die. He basically does in every movie laughing

eleveninches
I noticed that before. He dies in:
Goldeneye
Equilibrium
LOTR Fellowship of the ring

lil bitchiness
Hes Ulysses, is he not? And he doesnt die stick out tongue not even after Odyssey!

Person that was supposed to die didnt.

Besides, if they are to make a new Odyssey, i vote someone else for Ulysses embarrasment

Ushgarak
No point calling him Ulysses unless you have gone all Roman on us...

Well, I like Sean Bean. He led well enough in Sharpe.

eleveninches
I never actually saw sharpe. did he die at the end of that as well?

Ushgarak
Nope.

Phoenix
But not before he's had his emotional breakdown! big grin

Phoenix
Yeah, he has SOME. But not enough.

Phoenix
And I just bouight the book today, so I am gonna be back here with ideas in a few days! wink

eleveninches
He was great in Goldeneye.

celestial_moon
i think he made a good ulysses. if they do, i wish he played it. and besides, he has 2 take a leadin role sometime. it'll expand his experience as an actor.

sero
hi

celestial_moon
hello

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.