Reservoir Dogs Special Edition - Region 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

burlyman
Since the DVD forum is about as popular as the My Oh My Club, I'll post here, where I think it will be appreciated more!

The 2 disc Reservoir Dogs SE is finally coming out on Region 2... released in UK on June 7th! big grin

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B0001XLWBM.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Disc one:
* Audio commentary by writer/director Quentin Tarantino, producer Lawrence Bender and select cast and crew
* Trailer

Disc two:
* Deleted scenes
* Original interviews with Chris Penn, Kirk Baltz, Michael Madsen, Lawrence Bender, Tim Roth and writer/director Quentin Tarantino
* Class of '92 interviews and Sundance Institute Filmmakers Lab
* Scenes of Reservoir Dogs
* Tributes and dedications
* Film Noir Files
* Securing the Shot
* Location scouting with Billy Fox
* Two alternative angles to the "ear-slicing sequence"

Limited edition colour-coded character covers (wow... now thats alliteration) also available! apparently, though I've only found the single character covers (which are also cool, but IMO doesn't beat the whole gang) erm

smile Ie:
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B0002476I8.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

dave123
mad what you saying about the My oh My club?? mad stick out tongue

and nice one burly, if that was by a noob it would be concidered spam laughing out loud

everything on that looks kinda cool, but i'll keep with my free downloaded version, thank you very much big grin

burlyman
You have the stuff on Disc 2 already? mad

dave123
nah, i only have the film itself.... nothing more

burlyman
Buy this! I demand you!

dave123
errr..... nah?

burlyman
Fine. Your loss. erm

There's footage of the film being rehearsed, a year before actual shooting! eek!

dave123
i'll go steal it then shifty

Myth
Somebody explain the difference between Region 1 and Region 2 to me.

dave123
well a region one DVD player plays region 1 disks.....

burlyman
laughing out loud Region 1 is just America I think confused

dave123
PAL = 2
NTSC = 1?

burlyman
I don't understand letters unless they constitute words huh

dave123
silly burly stick out tongue

Myth
So if I have Res Dogs on SE DVD, I shouldn't need to get this new one then.

dave123
might as well for the complete set big grin

burlyman
laughing out loud You're in America, you already have it mad

dave123
i wish i was american no expression

burlyman
Please don't.

dave123
ok. i'll stay english cos you asked so nicely big grin

burlyman
big grin
Although, London is a whole 'nutha kind of English...

dave123
london IS england stick out tongue

burlyman
roll eyes (sarcastic)
..must..stay..on topic...

http://www.dvd.co.uk/Images/Products/MP345BL.jpg

dave123
laughing out loud the limited edition covers are the same as the normal one, but with only 1 character confused

burlyman
Wow...how long did that take you? huh

Also the character is enlarged from the group image stick out tongue

dave123
well i noticed it as soon as i saw the second one

i mean, they haven't even changed their position no expression that's kinda cheap

sarahvma
Yeah, in the U.S. they've already released the 2-disc special editions - the 10th anniversary, so it was 2 years ago. I must say yours look about 10x better, though. Ours are just crappy pics of each characters head really close up on their colored background - guess since it was so much more popular in the UK, they treat you guys better

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000068U01/qid=1084661068/sr=8-6/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i6_xgl74/102-9708804-1344944?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

see?
The commentary's pretty good, but skip past the guy with the Russain accent!

dave123
russian accents are cool eek!

sarahvma
yeah, but this guy is boring as sin.

dave123
but you hear him say words like comrrrade, and roll the r eek!

burlyman
laughing out loud haha

dave123
Comrrrade Tarrrrantino drool

that film is so mine big grin

Myth
I rather like the US covers. I treasure my Mr Pink cover. big grin

sarahvma
unfortunately not. lol. The guy just drones on about lighting and camera angles... very boring. But Tarantino is halarious, and Madsen's just cool. You have to watch his interview - it's halarious. Both discs contain two different sets of features, not just two different types of movieplay. Widescreen has the better features.

burlyman
Like (if you have ever had the pleasure of watching) the Weta Workshop guy from the Fellowship of the Ring EE DVD no expression

And yeah, Tarantino is funny! smile There's already a 9 minute "introduction" on the regular DVD.
Me and my Tarantino loving friends always take the piss out of him going "I love movies" and "I was working in a video store" etc in his voice embarrasment

sarahvma
Oh yeah - the WETA guy who's really, really loud and wears those glasses and talks like he's partially deaf? That guy's great. lol.

I know what you mean about the Tarantino thing - whenever I do the impression I always say ALLL RIIIIGHT??? in the middle of my sentences -- all right?

burlyman
and always extend your "no"s smile

sarahvma
Or say five in a sequence as in "Nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh no!"

Omg - during the commentary (I think during Mr. White's scene - where it says Mr White on the screen) he talks about how everyone thinks he does flashbacks. It's so funny.

sarahvma

sarahvma
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4817308/

Here's an 8-minute online documentary/interview done by Dateline if you wanna see it. It was press for KB2 - but it might help for you Quentin impressions. lol. Study young grasshoppers.

burlyman

sarahvma
In the screenplay it was Yuki - in the movie it's Go-Go.

burlyman
Yeah stick out tongue

im not burlyman
Well it's out already coolembarrasment I'm skint though

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.