Spawn vs the Spectre

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Daywalker
That's right Hal Jordan vs Al Simmons. What do you think?

DarkCrawler
Spectre.

Spawnie
I don't know who Spectre is sad. EXplain someone plz!

DarkCrawler
You can find good description from here:

DarkCrawler
Oh, and first Spectres powers, Jordan has the same powers:
As a spiritual entity, the Spectre cannot be slain in the conventional sense, though he can be destroyed. As Corrigan he was still very much the same as he died. But as Spectre, Corrigan's personality is influenced by the Divine Wrath (which has no personality of its own) and he becomes somewhat colder and distant as a result. Since WW II, the Spectre's persona has become increasingly distant from his humanity.

The Spectre's powers were reduced after the Crisis on the Infinite Earths, but he is still the most powerful human spirit on Earth. The Spectre and the physical body of Jim Corrigan can exist independently of each other. However, if they do not reunite within 24 hours, Corrigan's body will die and the Divine Wrath will return to the Ether until a new Spectre is chosen.

The Spectre is intangible, can fly, turn invisible, inhabit and animate inanimate objects, and sense the intentions of people in the place where they plan to carry those intentions out. The Spectre knows many secrets of the universe and its inhabitants, though even he is not omniscient. The Spectre can sometimes get glimpses into the future, although this is not without great difficulty. The only time he was given a long, vivid glimpse into the future was when God granted him one in order to warn the JLA and prevent universal destruction.

The Spectre can be injured or even slain by sufficient magic force, most notably the Spear of Destiny. Also, if the human host dies, the current Spectre will be no more and the human spirit and the Divine Wrath will separate, each going to his respective destination in the realms beyond life.

Oh, and Spectre is about the same level as Living Tribunal...

eleveninches
Ist got to be spectre. Evan as green lantern, Hal could probably beat spawn, and deffinately could do it as paralax

Spawnie
Spawn will never yeald! Smack! BUm! Tres! Zbeleng! Babong!

Wynndar
Spawn wouldnt have much chance against Spectre without his heavenly powers...that is jus the nature of fighting someone with GL type powers...ur not gonna hurt him with chains or ectoplasmic energy blasts

eleveninches
You'd have thought that if spectre was one of the most powerful characters in DC, then they would have at least designed a better costume for him.

Gregory
I like Spectre's costume.

eleveninches
sick no way. It sucks a hobo's scrotum!!!

Gregory
That's harsh. Didn't you think he looked impressive when he confronted the villian in Zero Hour?

eleveninches
No. The costume just looks so dated.

Daywalker
Yeah, his costume should look wicked like Spawn's, Angela's etc but I don't think DC has that kind of vision. It's mainly a tights, boots and emblem theme which doesn't work with Spectre well at all. Don't get me wrong, I love my DC characters but sometimes the designers need to think outside the realm that they do.

Daywalker
He looked waaaaay better as Parallax.

eleveninches
yes
so much

Gregory
The wrath of God does not need to be fashion-conscious.

eleveninches
No, but doesn't need to look like a total douche either.

Darth Jello
isn't the spectre the all powerful DC equivelant of the living tribunal?

DarkCrawler
This costume looks good!mad
http://www.dcuguide.com/Who/images/Spectre_Hal.gif
Least I think so... sad

eleveninches
Well, it looks better than the other spectre pics i have seen, but it still kind of sucks.
And spectre is not all powerful like the LT, as he gets his power from a higher source.

Daywalker
I'd say that he looks as cool as he can in that pose. The green and grey colors don't work well together. Another thing that urks me is that he wears a hood and a mask(Pick one!). Looks like a bad Amalgam project how they merged a GL with Spectre.

That's just my opinion cool

Daywalker
Oh, but all bad fashion sense aside, I think Spectre would win this battle

Mider
I like the guys look, he looks like what he is supposed to be divine wrath, and is this thread a joke? Come on people Spawn vs the Spectre? A single spawn is pretty powerful i guess that one spawn could defeat one green lantern and vise versa but the sum total of green lantern power vs a single hell spawn? Maybe if this was a battle between the ruler of all the spawns Malbolgia and the spectre i guess you could say thats a more fair fight but in this fight? Al Simmons would die twice

eleveninches
The original spectre (corrigan) looked way worse than that

jinzin
Spawn at his absolute strongest, with his power level all the way up might have a chance at stailmating with spectre, but that's one huge stretch of a "might".

Havoc470
i really doubt that, both cant die, one is the wrath of god and the other was meant to be the wrath of satan...but spawn went against that which made him more powerful than the mindless pawn he wouldve been to malebolgia, he's defeated angels and even stronger people malebolgia created (not to mention maleboldie himself), seeing as spectre is already dead, ectoplasm would definitely hurt him, seeing as neither could die it sure wouldnt end with either of them winning

Mider
how many volumes of spawn are there?

Mider
So you have Spawn at full power vs the Spectre from what ive been hearing the spectre at preasent is like out of his mind or something so he's basically just waging war on everyone and everything but im not fully informed but none the less what would happen if these two power houses faught.

Dark Urizen
Ummm......Spawn at full power could concievably kill God so.... confused

But either way, Spawn is basically a being made of magic. I'm thinking that would give Spectre a big advantage.
If that was taken out of the equation, i don't know for sure, but i don't know enough about Spectre to actually make an educated guess.
I've seen him grow to huge sizes, which Spawn has also done on several occassions.
I've seen him shoot awesome blasts. Spawn's shot awesome Hellblasts as well. Strong enough to make skyfather and above characters get hurt, and also strong enough to "melt the gates of Heaven itself"
I think someone said Spectre has control over nature? Well, not sure.
Spawn has complete control over nature, seismic activity, tidal waves, etc. etc.
He also has a telepathy strong enough to permanently be in touch with every single being on the planet.
He has the best regeneration i've seen.
He has shown the ability to stop time.

Another Spawn (not Al Simmons) killed the entire Olympian pantheon (xcept for Apollo and Hera) and took over the Universe.

If you say "God-SPawn" or Spawn at full potential, that's like saying God vs. Spectre erm

Mr. Slippyfist
Heh.

endrict
http://www.dcuguide.com/profile.php?name=spectre

Ummmm....Isn't that Spectre?

id369
Even if its God Spawn. I give the match to Spectre.

spawnwest
If this is 4th Age Spawn. Spectre has no chance. 4th age Spawn was granted divine powers equal to both God and Satan. Add divine powers to his existing necroplasm powers and he is unstoppable. Spawn has fought armies of demons and angels in both heaven and hell and won. He has also defeated high ranked demons and angels.

The only characters that can hang/defeat 4th age Spawn is MOM, TOAA, and LT.

SpearofDestiny
1st Age Spawn loses

2nd Age Spawn loses

3rd Age Spawn loses

4th Age Spawn gets bored and eats Spectre alive

id369
Edit - Never F***ing mind.

Rewmac
Spawn became something confusing but also something very very powerful. If we talk about current Spawn, then he might pull it off since his transformation.

Mr. Slippyfist
This is worse than any Galactus vs Spectre thread... IMO.

id369
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
This is worse than any Galactus vs Spectre thread... IMO.

I made that thread. mad

DoV Spectre vs Galactus was a decent topic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.