Which RotK will YOU buy???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fëanor
alright alright...settle down now...i already know what you're thinking, jeez... stick out tongue ...it's almost out soon...so I am curious...

sauron
ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!
IN THE SAME DAY!!!!!!!

Discos
I am of course going to et the Special extended when it comes out but for now I am gonna get the 2-disc asap

Exa
Lol... didnt really understand the poll... cuz I want the EE with the goodies on the 3rd and 4th disc... it's the normal edition that has them on the 2nd... and, what, the Giftset for RoTK is shaped like a book? wasn't that always the "normal" EE?

confused confused

Fëanor
stick out tongue ...gad!...you're such aclown... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Storm
The 4 disks extended edition.

Fëanor
embarrasment ...i took a guess on that one...it could be a 4 or 6 disc set...hehehehe

Pipage558
Well... I'm gonna get the theatrical dvd and the special edition!

Thorondor
the goodies big grin 4 disc

when is the Trilogy EE Box Set coming out? cause i wanna buy that.

Fëanor
there will be a set...but not the one i mentioned...'twas a sad joke reallly stick out tongue

Kitoky
Dude - the original DVD to fill my need and then extended to fill in the other half of my needs.

sauron
kit, you need a guy lol stick out tongue

Kitoky
Now, whatever for? *innocent look*

sauron
naughty

Discos
erm, that last one sounded weird, sounds like the Night of the Living Dead pack ya get

Discos - DVD Review and myself are highly against any dvd/film which released more than 2 editions....grr

edwinian
ummm..you don't have an option for both..and thats what i am doing. buying both!!!

Discos
poll would probably indicate which is the one you would REALLY want

Discos - in that case I would have the EE

Phoenix
I need an option of 'All of the above'... embarrasment

Fëanor
shitzpah!!! you guys are worse than me...i'm gonna wait for the EE...*no longer am i the diehard fanatic... stick out tongue*

badkittykitty
I'll end up with all of them!

only 5 more days till the dvd hits store I am so excited!

Fëanor
i can hardly contain mine... embarrasment

Sauron
ok i havent read the post your replying to feanor
and im wondering if i should

that cant contain yours mark....was refering to excitment right???? not...other parts stick out tongue

Fëanor
laughing stick out tongue

Piggle Humsy
I can't wait for it to come out, I voted for the Boxset special with blah blah ect..and it will complete my collection. yay! Happy Dance

one eye

pip-foot
I am going to buy them all the day they come out stick out tongue i am still a diehard fanatic...I preordered it over a month ago, and have been counting down ever sicne smile 4 days to go eek!

fini
hmm i bought the dvd that came out this week, but i'll ( well my brother) get the box set in oct/nov

Smodden
I'm distracted...

I can't seem to Disapear, but i'm trying...with the release of the DVD coming out soon, my mind begins to panic, its in a fury, and a frenzy...Many await this day with excitement and anticipation, but with me its dread, despair, and loss.
For you see, This will triger the last few steps of the LOTR journey...IT is nearly complete, after this, comes the EE...and then nothing. I know i should be happy, but my feelings our bitersweet...(cough)
on the one side, My self struggles with the Incredible marketing New line has done, with magazine adds, and TV spots. My symtoms include:
Shortness of breath
Dizzyness
Insomnia
Panic
Frequent Fainting

Now on the other hand...myself is sad that the journey is coming to a close, that soon, their will be nothing. Of course we will still have the books, and i'm tryng desperatly not to loose that, which i still have, the incredible passion, and love for tolkien, and Middle Earth. Something i don't think i'll loose anytime soon.smile
but! symptoms of this side of my feelings include:
Shortness of breath
Dizzyness
Insomnia
Panic
Frequent Fainting

shadowy_blue
LOL...Smodden! laughing

Frequent fainting? LMAO! stick out tongue

Drifter101
im gonna get both the theatrical and the extended version, i already have the other films so i might just ask a store for the box and ill just put the movies in them

Drifter101
but i still have the get the first one theatrical version to complete it.

Sauron
aww smodden, i know how you feel

but look at s_bs sig

life carries on smile

and also think of bilbo!

the road goes ever on and on down from the door where it began

Leggy_n_Merry
Yeah there aint an option for both and that's what most people are doing! Ahhhh it's like 3 days til I can watch it again OMG it's soo cool I can't wait, yay and all the extras and stuff. Wooooo!

Dejio
I'll definitely be buying the Extended version.
But my fear is, they might then release a trilogy boxed set a few months later after ROTK EEs release. AARGH!!

JKozzy
I'm doing what I always did, get the theatrical and the extended editions. It makes sense; they're almost different movies with the footage they add. Also helps determine the all-night party length with the runningtimes stick out tongue wink

ilvorlandobloom
im waiting for the EE. but im definitely renting the theatrical one that comes out THIS WEEK eek! !!!

Phoenix
eek! Only two more days to go!

well, actually, less than that, only about a day and a half!

Agent Elrond
I will buy RotK then buy the triple pack EE when it comes out.

Discos
just seen the advert for return of the king on dvd may 25th by Tesco

now, the tesco at my town has a bad rep with me for dvds as they always stack the shelves a dayafter a release

I will be demanding it at 8am!

Agent Elrond
If I don't get it, REVOLUTION! RIOT! RANDOM DESTRUCTION!

Elondra
You must be mad then lol. stick out tongue

Elondra
I'll just buy the EE.

Fëanor
okay peeps...i wont be on much today as i will most likely be in line with the other geeks...er...fans...hehehe... embarrasment

ONE DAY LEFT!!! AAAAGH!!!

Thorondor
my sis is going to safeway tomorrow stick out tongue won't be any queues there cause nobody ever buys dvd's there laughing MWUAHAHAHA

Phoenix
IN HALF AN HOUR I WILL HAVE ROTK!!

Fëanor
^^exactly what phoe said goes for me too....yep yep

Creechuur
I am holding the RotK DVD in my sweaty little excited hands.

The Extended Editions are the true versions in my opinion. I'll probably watch this theatrical version tro death over the next few months, trade it in, and then get excited all over again when the EE comes out.

Hehe, its such a good time in life to be a fantasy/sci-fi fan!!!!

Fëanor
i too have it...stupid asked if they had the EE...*even though i knew the answer...had to ask embarrasment *...must...resist...temptation...to...watch it...for now stick out tongue

Phoenix
CAN'T WAIT FOR EE - what's the countdown for it...? shifty

Fëanor
november!!!

Cynethryth
No....vem................ber? eek! NOOOO!!! *cries* does it say so on the DVD?

Fëanor
actually i asked the salesguy... embarrasment

Phoenix
ok, so only.... FIVE MONTHS TO GO!! ((I'm an optimist.))

Fëanor
that's five months too long...(i'm a pessimistic realist) stick out tongue

Cynethryth
no expression no expression no expression

'twas November the last two years... but the last two years, it also took until August 'till the normal editions were released... and some official thing also talked about "Holiday 04" as the release date of the EE... there arent any special holidays in November, are there?

Fëanor
in the states it's thanksgiving and halloween...

Cynethryth
yes yes

Definitely

pessimism IS realism yes

Cynethryth
But those aren't really holidays, are they?

Fëanor
big grin ...okay then, i'm a real pessimist stick out tongue

Phoenix
I think Summer Holidays...

Phoenix
I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere it would be august...

Cynethryth
So did I
in several sources actually - once "holiday 04", once "august" and once "summer" confused

Fëanor
actually they are in the states...

EDITED: corrected by Cynethryth

Cynethryth
wrong film laughing out loud - fotr stick out tongue

Fëanor
yep just realized it...ARRGH!!! embarrasment

but it was fun doing it...yeah stick out tongue

Cynethryth
laughing laughing

I think we had some of the facts from the EE in these threads -

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28374
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26611

Fëanor
now see Exa...where would i be if you didn't always correct me?

pretty much lost... stick out tongue

*gotta stay on my toes with this one...yeah*

edwinian
Well I already got the Theatrical..and was planning on buying both, and am esp. happy now that I have the 5$ rebate when i buy my EE>

xmen fan
theres not but one,but i'm thinking one you can watch?LOL

Lady_Eowyn_Of_R
I am buying htem both. I have the VHS original and VHS EE of FotR, I have VHS original and EE DVE of TTT, and I have only the original DVD of the third one, but that's only because the EE DVD isn't out yet. stick out tongue stick out tongue

Discos
can you get the VHS EE? blink

I thought it was only DVD?

Thorondor
the DVD and VHS come out at the same time.

and i don't see why not discos

Discos
I mean the Extended Edition......can you get that on VHS What the f**k?

well its either down to this
1) you learn something new everyday
2) there must be like 5-6 videos laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.